• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You guys are definitely amazing :O

Viewtiful Joe
Venom
FoD
Ridley
That Ness Stage which name I dont remember :O
Etc. Etc.

Keep on the great work :O

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Okay, I'm trying to work on another stage hack, but for whatever reason the model of the stage won't move down to match the collisons, so I get stuck with this.

Any advice here?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's because of the size of the TvC characters. I'm pretty sure that, should we somehow manage to get it working, you can scale him up to proper size using PSA (or something like that).
all models from other games are small like that one
i can preview a green mess but not the actual model
mind coming out with instructions?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@Angelglory's pic

O___o

What the hell did you do!? Divide by zero!? XD

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Bwahaha!

After seeing that model, I just had to do it :p.

(Also, no one can beat my slightly better than MS Paint texturing skills!)

EDIT: (What I meant was that I used Paint.NET, but I still used mostly the basic drawing tools)

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG! If Joe is made we can finally have a brawl which includes a short character with a cartoon appearance, who uses a boomerang and bombs, and who's final smash slows down the opponent while the camera zooms in on you and you attack them rapidly. :p

In all seriousness though I am very exite! Megaman ftw

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm trying to work on another stage hack, but for whatever reason the model of the stage won't move down to match the collisons, so I get stuck with this.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2n9hr9y.jpg

Any advice here?
Oh, now I see what you did. I was going to try that too. Seems like there's a lot of good places to put the level.

But why do you have the screen shot underground? It looks like they might be standing on land, but the screen shot is taken from below them.

If you sent me the file, I might be able to fix it. Or if you explained more on how you did it.

@Angelglory's pic

O___o

What the hell did you do!? Divide by zero!? XD
That's pretty much what I was thinking at first XD.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well, first of all extract the modeldata you want to add models to (modeldata[1].brres)

Go hex editing this file and find 3DModels(NW4R), rename it to AnmChr(NW4R)

Go to brawlbox, do the new character animation action as many times as models you need and save

Return to hex, go to AnmChr(NW4R) and rename it to 3DModels(NW4R) again

Find any new CHR0 string and make sure they are the ones that you have created, and rename them to MDL0

Go to brawlbox, you'll have some new models with blank name. You must right click and replace with any valid you have saved previously. When you do this, they automatically get a name, if you use the same model in everyone, they will have the same name

Rename them so they don't have the same name and you should be able to save the brres file

Then go to the stage you extracted the modeldata from and replace it with the new one. It should be it

My Fourside stage has almost 100 models in modeldata[1]

I suppose this could be used for making new color animations, or texture animations, or whatever O.o

Note: If not done correctly, brawlbox will say it can't save the file
Hmm... had a problem only one so far i'm just having troubles getting the AnmChr(NW4R) that has the mdl0 file named to 3Dmodels advice? and yes i've tried renaming them to 3dmodels but no luck
EDIT:i added more models and that fixed the problem for some reason it won't except 2 models

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
The characters are standing on the collision, but the stage model itself appears far above the collisions no matter what I do. However, none of the uploading sites let me upload things. I can either send it in email or over MSN or Skype.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
is that in game?
AND SERIOUSLY way to ignore my request for instructions
What did I ignore? The last question you asked was something I don't know anything about.

EDIT: Oh, and yes it's in game. I edited image slightly though, I edited the eyes to get rid of the white triangles, since I forgot to remove them first.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
oh nice so u got it to work in game?
HOW?
and not u, RandomTBush
if he can do this we can do all *** games

Revven

FrankerZ
It looks like he just did a texture job of sorts to me since he said "white triangles" I'm guessing it's Captain Falcon.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
It looks like he just did a texture job of sorts to me since he said "white triangles" I'm guessing it's Captain Falcon.
Come to think of it, did Viewtiful Joe have nipples that pronounced? But even if it is a texture hack, it's a really god**** good one. I must know how it was done.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah it's Captain Falcon. The texture was just kind of a quick thing I did, but I thought it came out fairly good.

EDIT: Oh you guys thought that was the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom model? No no, it's just an edit of Captain Falcon. I'm glad you guys think it's so close to the original o_o...

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
No one really saw that his abs were similar to falcon's in Kuro's posts earlier x_o? Also, yeah the nipple caps are a give away too. But yes, I would enjoy seeing a download of this sometime in the future.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Oh, yeah it's Captain Falcon. The texture was just kind of a quick thing I did, but I thought it came out fairly good.

EDIT: Oh you guys thought that was the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom model? No no, it's just an edit of Captain Falcon. I'm glad you guys think it's so close to the original o_o...
With all respect to them, you put Stack Smash's Viewtiful Joe texture to shame.

Download plz?

Mit

Smash Ace
That Fountain of Dreams is pretty awesome. I mentioned this on the video, but you try and squeeze the main platform in and make it smaller, as well as the hovering platforms as well, just to make it a bit more like Fountain of Dreams.

Of course, this is assuming someone doesn't just build a Fountain of Dreams out of stage parts, complete with slightly slanted edges.

Also, I believe Venom was played from the front of the ship. When you play from the back, the ship's jets can be quit distracting, and they seem to jut out enough to obscure parts of the stage at certain angles.

@Mewtwo 2000, have you looked around at some of the backgrounds in Brawl to use in your Fourside? I noticed that Pokemon Stadium 2 has a night skyline behind it that you could maybe zoom in on and place your Fourside in front of.

Of course, I'm assuming anything is possible.

What the hell are you three doing here and not in the Stage Hacking Hub?!? This is AMAZING, especially since I've been looking for a way to insert custom stage pieces into regular pacs, but never got it to work. Are there more stage hackers floating around here?
Perhaps they don't want to develop levels with a focus on stage legality in Brawl+? That's really what that thread seems to be. It sounds to me like it should be merged with your stage legality thread, and that a Stage Hacking Hub thread should be in this forum, where it would be much better suited.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
@Kurobit:

Does the scarf display properly in game? Or will it just sort of remain a limp flopping creature?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Okay, I finally figured out why the Smashville stage model is screwed up, the model's bone is located below the actual model, thus making the stage's collision appear in that spot no matter what, which is why the characters always appear underneath the stage model.

....Aaaaaanybody know how to move the model bone closer to the model without moving the model itself....? Eheheh... heh.... yeah... T--T

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Alright question: I want to work on Knight of the Wind Sonic, and want to know if it'd be possible to give Sonic Ike's sword in a similar way Roy was given Ike's hair. All I've done are recolors and a few atk changes so I'm not what you'd call experienced at this. Would I have to simply edit his model/texture to include it, place the sword into all of his animations, or can it not be done?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I've gotten Hare Hare Yukai, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgement and Naruto models to load in Brawl Box, but I can only see the textures and palettes. I've tried changing the file's data in hex but I'm still getting to nowhere. RandomTBush, or any other person who might have gotten it to work, could you tell me what did you change exactly in hex? The closest I got was the textures and palettes to work.

ds22

Smash Lord
I've gotten Hare Hare Yukai, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgement and Naruto models to load in Brawl Box, but I can only see the textures and palettes. I've tried changing the file's data in hex but I'm still getting to nowhere. RandomTBush, or any other person who might have gotten it to work, could you tell me what did you change exactly in hex? The closest I got was the textures and palettes to work.
I second this request.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
If you get this to work properly, please please pleaaase grab Morrigan, Chun-Li, and Zero.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Alright question: I want to work on Knight of the Wind Sonic, and want to know if it'd be possible to give Sonic Ike's sword in a similar way Roy was given Ike's hair. All I've done are recolors and a few atk changes so I'm not what you'd call experienced at this. Would I have to simply edit his model/texture to include it, place the sword into all of his animations, or can it not be done?
You can only add model parts to characters with sword glows. You could, however, give sonic a Beamsword and reskin it, similar to how Eldiran made Sword Ganon.

Top Bottom