• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

I managed to import the Item Box from Mario Kart Wii over a regular crate, and used a new bone animation to try and change the size. It appears in game just fine, however its frigging HUGE. Its final destination size, so clearly my animation resizing did not take.

Ive uploaded the ItemBoxBrres below, if anybody can take a look at it and tell me where Ive gone wrong, that would be greatly helpful.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z8lxdrg64xpb1c1/ItmBoxBrres.pac

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention my 3ds max free trial ran out.

I've been working on stages(need to learn a bunch of stuff) becauz you don't need 3ds for that! its going really well, expect something soon! i have a bunch of stage ideas!

also i'm not updating every tuesday, my site is more casual and less frequent.

n64billy

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of the size?
(Yay for the slight texture revamp that I did!)
I reckon the head could still be bigger, but I couldn't be bothered re-taking the screenshots...

TO DO:
  • Vertex out the ears
  • Vertex/texture the hair
  • Edit the shoulders/chest area to match the original model more
  • MAKE THE SNOUT!

I have tested it in game, but it was only on Dolphin, and his size isn't edited yet, so I didn't take any screenshots...

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of the size?
(Yay for the slight texture revamp that I did!)
I reckon the head could still be bigger, but I couldn't be bothered re-taking the screenshots...

TO DO:
  • Vertex out the ears
  • Vertex/texture the hair
  • Edit the shoulders/chest area to match the original model more
  • MAKE THE SNOUT!

I have tested it in game, but it was only on Dolphin, and his size isn't edited yet, so I didn't take any screenshots...
Looks 20 times better than before! :)
I just noticed that you still need to make his face textures fade into black near the top, like the original.

You might be able to edit the vertices to shrink it.
I'll do it when I have access to a 3ds, which should be soon.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Since I hit a couple more problems with Core Reactor, I'm going to have to screw around with it little more before I make a release.

In the meantime, here's a little something I started (and yes, it's related to the boss pack).

+1 internet if you can guess what it is.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Satan.

Did I win?

I managed to import the Item Box from Mario Kart Wii over a regular crate, and used a new bone animation to try and change the size. It appears in game just fine, however its frigging HUGE. Its final destination size, so clearly my animation resizing did not take.

Ive uploaded the ItemBoxBrres below, if anybody can take a look at it and tell me where Ive gone wrong, that would be greatly helpful.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z8lxdrg64xpb1c1/ItmBoxBrres.pac
Whoops sorry, nothing you can do. :(
You can't vertex it smaller because it crashes when you try to make the patch.

And you also can't run it through the mdl0 resizer because it get stuck on 1. (has it ever even worked?)

Whoops sorry, nothing you can do. :(
You can't vertex it smaller because it crashes when you try to make the patch.

And you also can't run it through the mdl0 resizer because it get stuck on 1. (has it ever even worked?)
Bummerrr. Any chance I can make the textures of a regular crate behave like the Mario Kart box ones do? Transparent and whatnot? I guess I can try that next.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That's cool, but I think Pokemon should never be too detailed. Imagine Pikachu with realistic fur! Snover here looks fine, though.

Also, anyone can see why my Jill and Fado don't want to import properly? It's really annoying. My blog's been dead lately, and I need to update with something. I'll be working on a stage now.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm going to have to disagree with BSZ here. I would love to see more Pokemon with detailed textures like they did for Lucario. I really wish they gave Pikachu the same treatment here. And as always, that looks really cool StarWaffle. They made Lucario pretty detailed and he ended up looking really awesome.

While we're on the subject of detailed Pokemon, I'm making a Zangoose out of Wolf that's pretty close to being complete. Like Lucario, he has realistic fur (actually, I borrowed a lot of Lucario's textures for the fur :)).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to disagree with BSZ here. I would love to see more Pokemon with detailed textures like they did for Lucario. I really wish they gave Pikachu the same treatment here. And as always, that looks really cool StarWaffle. They made Lucario pretty detailed and he ended up looking really awesome.

While we're on the subject of detailed Pokemon, I'm making a Zangoose out of Wolf that's pretty close to being complete. Like Lucario, he has realistic fur (actually, I borrowed a lot of Lucario's textures for the fur :)).
I don't think all Pokemon are fit to have details. Like Jigglypuff. What else is there to add to it? And some Pokemon shouldn't have too many details either. I personally think Squirtle is the best it could look like. I wouldn't want it to look more like a realistic turtle, to be honest. Lucario's good too.

Anyway, I hate how everything I seem to work on ends up having problems. I've been trying to work on this stage for a few days, and I kept getting new errors after each testing, so I gave up. Then, I decide to make an alternate and different version of the stage, which is custom, and I run into even more problems, such as the game being slow for no reason and freezing after a few seconds, and a giant blob appearing in front of the stage for no reason either.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Are you going to be making HD textures for the other pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2?
I'm going to make an HD Ice place. And replace snorunt with HD froslas =D and add ice climbers random iceberg in the bg. i cant make them all HD because the file size would be too big 0.0

Gengar84

Smash Hero
You might have a point about Squirtle and Jigglypuff (although it would be interesting to see Squirtle with Bowser's scale textures). Maybe it's the less cutesy looking Pokemon that would make sense being more realistic? For example: Lucario didn't look awkward at all having realistic fur textures but I have a feeling Pikachu might. I think Zangoose is one of the Pokemon that can easily get away with having a realistic fur texture. I think it could work pretty well for Pokemon like Gyarados too.

SonicUnderground316

Smash Rookie

This look awesome so far ! You're really good at this :)

Btw, i saw your melee Fox, Falco and DK and since they look pretty accurate i was wondering why didn't you ever try to make character that aren't from melee in brawl.Don't get me wrong they are EPIC but to be entirely honnest,kind of unnecessary (no offence). Since you already work on Fox, why didn't you try to make a Krystal model (based on the Assault's one) using the same technique for exemple (yeah i know, not too subtle :p )? Anyway, i think it would be pretty cool and profitable to make non-melee related character for the brawl hacking community (there's a person who make a PSA for Krystal for instance!)

Keep up your awesome work. your one of the best honnestly ;)

P.S: Sorry if sound cocky or something, i hope you're not mad at me :urg:
In hope you will anwser my question.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
You might have a point about Squirtle and Jigglypuff (although it would be interesting to see Squirtle with Bowser's scale textures). Maybe it's the less cutesy looking Pokemon that would make sense being more realistic? For example: Lucario didn't look awkward at all having realistic fur textures but I have a feeling Pikachu might. I think Zangoose is one of the Pokemon that can easily get away with having a realistic fur texture. I think it could work pretty well for Pokemon like Gyarados too.
Make..More..Pokemon..

Razanak7

Smash Ace
It's been a while, but I finally have an update on the boss pack.

If you remember back to the original plan for Bowser (heavily based on Galaxy 2), I decided to go with a totally different approach: Golem Bowser. The new Bowser is essentially a machine, with a design based on Bowser's Galaxy Generator (as hinted at the other day).

Above is his beta idle animation (I should point out that it looks much smoother at regular speed). As the pose implies, the new moveset will be based on Galleom, and will use several of his animations. And depending on what Shark's doing tomorrow, I may have a slightly edited model for him too.

As you would expect, he's going to be pretty stiff as far as movement goes with virtually no agility, so he's definitely going to be a heavy hitter. And of course, due to his new size, he can't be grabbed.

I'm currently contemplating whether or not he will be able to use aerial attacks. And, as always, suggestions are welcome.
Especially since I'll probably be recruiting soon.

Also: how do you change what textures a model uses? I have something planned for his eyes.

Roo525

Smash Ace
It's been a while, but I finally have an update on the boss pack.

*Golem Bowser*

If you remember back to the original plan for Bowser (heavily based on Galaxy 2), I decided to go with a totally different approach: Golem Bowser. The new Bowser is essentially a machine, with a design based on Bowser's Galaxy Generator (as hinted at the other day).

Above is his beta idle animation (I should point out that it looks much smoother at regular speed). As the pose implies, the new moveset will be based on Galleom, and will use several of his animations. And depending on what Shark's doing tomorrow, I may have a slightly edited model for him too.

As you would expect, he's going to be pretty stiff as far as movement goes with virtually no agility, so he's definitely going to be a heavy hitter. And of course, due to his new size, he can't be grabbed.

I'm currently contemplating whether or not he will be able to use aerial attacks. And, as always, suggestions are welcome.
Especially since I'll probably be recruiting soon.

Also: how do you change what textures a model uses? I have something planned for his eyes.
Pikazz I believed explained (or at least showed) that you could change a model's eye textures in-game. He'd be the dude to ask.

And what do you mean by
"Recruiting Soon?"
Is that for those who would like to help with the project?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
You could use AnimTexPat animations, maybe. Maybe.
Indeed. I'm talking about, for example, some time ago when someone (forget who) figured out how to apply the Smash Ball texture animation to Mario. I recently figured it out too, but I need to know how to change the name of the texture used.

Pikazz I believed explained (or at least showed) that you could change a model's eye textures in-game. He'd be the dude to ask.

And what do you mean by
"Recruiting Soon?"
Is that for those who would like to help with the project?
See above.

And yes, I will be recruiting soon. I plan to handle a good portion of the animations and movesets (the latter of which depending on how the movesets end up working), so for the most part, what I'll be looking for are people proficient in textures and vertices.

But don't get me wrong, people with skills in other fields will be welcome too. After all, this pack will most likely span into stages, music and so on as well. But more on that later.

In the meantime, here's a better example of Bowser's texture.

n64billy

Smash Ace
some time ago when someone (forget who) figured out how to apply the Smash Ball texture animation to Mario.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlZqLMVs9A

That was me.. I hated getting comments asking how to do it, because it's so simple! I didn't feel like making a 15 second video just to show people how it's done...

Glad you figured it out though.. It'll be awesome to have magma swirling on that bowsers hair or something

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here's the Zangoose I was talking about earlier. I think he came out really well despite the limitations of Wolf. I made a regular texture and a shiny texture for him. I hope you guys like it :).

Top Bottom