• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm not talking about how OoT Link would look like in Brawl, but the MELEE model. Not the same thing. He made a OoT rendition, I'm asking for a replica of the Melee version, like Mewtwo or Ganondorf.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@GameWatching

Calm down, I was just giving some examples. Sheesh.

@Segtendo

That's exactly what I was talking about. I love that hack, but I'm talking about a replica, and not a rendition.

Revven

FrankerZ
@Segtendo

That's exactly what I was talking about. I love that hack, but I'm talking about a replica, and not a rendition.
All it would take to make it Melee Link are the Melee textures... and afaik you could do that yourself. There's literally no difference between that model Kaze made and the Melee one except the textures.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
As did I. I watched it about 3 times because I wasn't able to figure out when it was over.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I want to go to sleep noowwww, so here is a quick photo for you all to tear apart and critique, and tell me what to make better...

(If you remember me posting pictures of this a while ago, that was made in Maya.... this version was made from scratch/rushed tonight)

(The vertex only looks taller than the Original TL because of the angle the screenshot was taken on, and for some reason, when resizing Dekulinks arms, his fingers go messed up..)

EDIT: Dang.... Ninja'd by GW with an epic post.... On the plus side, Melee Zelda is looking great so far!

EDIT2: Ha! "Original 'DEKU' Link"..... silly typo....

GameWatching

Smash Ace
:bee:

great progress so far !

can someone tell me how can i make luigi's normal head always showing ?
like BeyondYou did for mickey !

I NEED IT FOR MY INGO D:

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I want to go to sleep noowwww, so here is a quick photo for you all to tear apart and critique, and tell me what to make better...

(If you remember me posting pictures of this a while ago, that was made in Maya.... this version was made from scratch/rushed tonight)

(The vertex only looks taller than the Original TL because of the angle the screenshot was taken on, and for some reason, when resizing Dekulinks arms, his fingers go messed up..)

EDIT: Dang.... Ninja'd by GW with an epic post.... On the plus side, Melee Zelda is looking great so far!

EDIT2: Ha! "Original 'DEKU' Link"..... silly typo....
A deku mouth, eyes and deku link hair would be nice.
And stretch his shoe texture higher up, his leg texture goes over the top of his shoe.

Edit: oh yeah, and no nose, no ears and a bigger head.

And I've been wondering this for a while, but when you open a .pcs file in BrawlBox can you save it as a working .pac without the game freezing, or is it required to have the .pac first.

I ask because the few times I've done it it's frozen. :(

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You can open a FitCharXX.pcs in BBox and save it as a pac and it should work fine. Thought, I have not tried this with vertexed models, not sure if that would make a difference though.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
No it doesn't work KG you have to export the model and textures then open up a clean .pac and import them in.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
And stretch his shoe texture higher up, his leg texture goes over the top of his shoe.

And I've been wondering this for a while, but when you open a .pcs file in BrawlBox can you save it as a working .pac without the game freezing, or is it required to have the .pac first.

I ask because the few times I've done it it's frozen. :(
You save it as a Archive Pair then it make a Pcs and a Pac

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You can open a FitCharXX.pcs in BBox and save it as a pac and it should work fine. Thought, I have not tried this with vertexed models, not sure if that would make a difference though.
Sometimes that freezes me though. If it does, I just get a fresh PAC and re-apply all the files I changed.

n64billy

Smash Ace

Yea, I already know about the eyes/noes/mouth... And with the Shoe texture, the feet aren't vertex properly yet (In Maya it worked right..)

But you still think a bigger head? Hmm... I'll just wait until making the mouth before deciding on how much more to resize the head.

n64billy

Smash Ace
True, but at the same time, I want him to fit over Toon Link and still be playable...
It'd be cool to have a seperate moveset for him.... but I'm not prepared to take that responsibility to make it.. (And I refuse to play with any cheap PSA someone could make... I'd want a PROPER one)

Hmmm..... I'll keep tweaking and messing around with him, and posting updates.... At the moment I'm just fixing the shoes...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Problem is, if you save a PCS file as a PAC file, it'll still be compressed. You have to change the compression status to None BEFORE saving the PCS file as a PAC file.

Vertexed models shouldn't be affected by any means when loaded as a PAC file.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I went through my collection of textures, and among the many I had to go through to debug freezes, the pac/pcs file saving problems were often the cause (some people just cant be bothered to check if there stuff works i guess).

Most every broken file can be fixed by just getting a working pac file, importing all the model and texture data of the broken file and saving it back as pcs and pac.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Starwaffle didn't have a tuesday release on his site. Geuss it will never be the same again D:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yes. But I checked his onw site and no sign of anything new in the making. He does respond to reactions tho.

Top Bottom