• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
@JediKnightTemplar

Yeah, I completely forgot about that, but I feel like finishing up stuff I have been working on in the past. Also, if anyone has a Geodude model, please give it to me, as I'm going to make the best thing ever.
are you also going to finish mt. silver?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Of course. Also, anyone can help me? I'm going crazy over the fact that EVERYTHING stopped working on my Wii, so I can't test what I'm doing.

Gecko OS (New): Gives me a "This is not a valid Wii application" error, even though I converted all my elf files to dol files a long time ago.

Gecko OS (Old): Does not load codes.

NeoGamma: Does not load codes.

Backup Launcher: Keeps doing weird noises and tries to load backups forever, and does not read my original disc anymore.

Riivolution: Either says "Insert disc..." or "Disc read error!" everytime.

Any ideas? This is pissing me off. I even updated to 4.2 like someone said in a post I saw, but that did not help.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
...Where? I didn't mean it that way, if it came across like that.
Oh sorry then, I didn't know if I saw one or not. :laugh:

Also, before starting working on Magicant, I'll finish Starship Mario and Castle Keep, as they're almost done anyway.
Castle keep?

And my Wii was doing the same thing, but the next day it just suddenly worked.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, as a new day dawns, a new project unfolds.

I am going to begin work on something I've wanted to see done well for quite some time, Rikku from Final Fantasy X. I will need some support from you all.

She will be placed over Pit or Snake, not quite sure yet. I will be using Zelda's model as a base, seeing as she has clothing articles and is one of the most proportionate female characters in SSBB. I will need some information as to adding a model to a model (IE: A hat, or in this case, taking Pikachu's goggles and putting them around her neck.)

Her playing style so far is kind of a combination of Snake and Falco. She doesn't run too fast, has a mix ability (basically just throwing a grenade), planting a land mine, swift attacks, etc. Well, just thought I'd put it out there that I'm starting it tonight. If some advanced brawl hackers could add me on MSN, I would greatly appreciate it. l-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s@live.com is my MSN. Thanks.

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
Of course. Also, anyone can help me? I'm going crazy over the fact that EVERYTHING stopped working on my Wii, so I can't test what I'm doing.

Gecko OS (New): Gives me a "This is not a valid Wii application" error, even though I converted all my elf files to dol files a long time ago.

Gecko OS (Old): Does not load codes.

NeoGamma: Does not load codes.

Backup Launcher: Keeps doing weird noises and tries to load backups forever, and does not read my original disc anymore.

Riivolution: Either says "Insert disc..." or "Disc read error!" everytime.

Any ideas? This is pissing me off. I even updated to 4.2 like someone said in a post I saw, but that did not help.
In neogamma did you change the code mode to VB1 or something like that?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
In neogamma did you change the code mode to VB1 or something like that?
I have never seen such an option, and now, instead of loading without codes, it gives me error 1101.

Edit: I think it's my Brawl disc, since even the Wii itself doesn't read it anymore. When I looked at the back of it, it looked scratched, but in a deep and symmetrical way, which is very weird, like if my Wii kept tearing apart the disc with a sharp blade.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I sounds luike you need to clean your wiis lens
buy this it's super useful

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I have never seen such an option, and now, instead of loading without codes, it gives me error 1101.

Edit: I think it's my Brawl disc, since even the Wii itself doesn't read it anymore. When I looked at the back of it, it looked scratched, but in a deep and symmetrical way, which is very weird, like if my Wii kept tearing apart the disc with a sharp blade.
Do you at least have a backup of it on a USB drive. At least then you still can use all your hacks, albeit with a different more difficult method, but given that you use Neogamma I'll assume that you're familiar with Wiiscrubber.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I do not have an external drive, and the two ISOs I had stopped working. And, with what money would I buy that Wii cleaning kit? I don't work. Man, life really sucks for me recently. Nothing good is happening, I just feel like giving up.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Sadly, I do not know.

BUT OH MY GOD. GOOD NEWS! I got my YouTube account back after I emailed YouTube instead of Google! I'm freaking happy. Like, I've never been so much happy. That, and I got accepted to work for a video game company as an artist!

n64billy

Smash Ace
GameWatching is the opposite of the type of people that I was talking about in my post. He mades good hacks but thinks they're bad. Other people make bad hacks but think they're good.
Success! You just summarised what that whole mini-debate was about...

*D-Air at FrozenHobo*
Made me lol :laugh:

*ON-TOPIC*
Does anyone know even at least a long way to remove the weights or change the weights of certain vertex points? I can't finish Kirby-knight without it...

EDIT:
GOOD NEWS! I got my YouTube account back
Congratulations man! =D

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Sadly, I do not know.

BUT OH MY GOD. GOOD NEWS! I got my YouTube account back after I emailed YouTube instead of Google! I'm freaking happy. Like, I've never been so much happy. That, and I got accepted to work for a video game company as an artist!
Holy crap! you'd better get those texturing skills to work. And which company?

I need a better job....

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sadly, I do not know.

Congratulations man. Glad to hear everything is going well :bee:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone, but I still have two issues. The fact that my Capture Card doesn't play sound (I may know how to fix it, though), and that I can't play Brawl anymore. I think I'll get another ISO, now that my original disc died (Was the only copy I had left).

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
KG, i was working on the Animal Crosser. it isn't dead, college started this week, i've been trying to get tools and stuff from AC:CF to work right, i got distracted by the awesomeness of Tabuu, and i've been helping a few other people with various things. i have all the animations up to the attacks done, at least. the project will get done, he's the reason i came into Brawl hacking, and will get done even if it's the last thing i do here.

and i thought that Gemini was the only one that cared about the ACer, he's the only one that said anything about it.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
KG, i was working on the Animal Crosser. it isn't dead, college started this week, i've been trying to get tools and stuff from AC:CF to work right, i got distracted by the awesomeness of Tabuu, and i've been helping a few other people with various things. i have all the animations up to the attacks done, at least. the project will get done, he's the reason i came into Brawl hacking, and will get done even if it's the last thing i do here.

and i thought that Gemini was the only one that cared about the ACer, he's the only one that said anything about it.
Wow really? You made more animations? Mind sending them to me?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
wow. that's amazing! which company?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
just i little update on what I am working on =]

Oh nvm he joined mahz graveyard too ;-;

Gengar84

Smash Hero
StarWaffle, you're amazing. That Ridley's coming along really well, don't give up on it.

I just released my Pimple (from Battletoads) on Brawl Vault if anybody wants to check it out.

Credit to Ike Lawliet for No Necktie Donkey Kong. After what seemed like forever, I finally got this to look good. It still has a few problems like inside of his mouth being invisible and his final smash eyes are a little odd, but I'm really happy with how he turned out despite that.

If you're interested in seeing any of my other stuff, check out my thread on Kitty Corp
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
StarWaffle, you're amazing. That Ridley's coming along really well, don't give up on it.

I just released my Pimple (from Battletoads) on Brawl Vault if anybody wants to check it out.

Credit to Ike Lawliet for No Necktie Donkey Kong. After what seemed like forever, I finally got this to look good. It still has a few problems like inside of his mouth being invisible and his final smash eyes are a little odd, but I'm really happy with how he turned out despite that.

wow finally a good donkey kong texture/hack

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks very much. Now that I've made this, I can totally understand why there aren't many good DK hacks out there. He's incredibly hard to texture and to get rid of his fur. I'm thinking of making Ifrit (from Final Fantasy) over DK at some point.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

Well I was thinking, and I really suddenly wanted a playable Tom Nook. :laugh:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Sure, you can use it for whatever you want as long as you give me credit. What I did for his fur was make it smaller and push it inside of his body. Thankfully, it doesn't really stick out of him very often at all. Just note that I used Ike Lawliet's No Necktie Donkey Kong as a starting point for mine so the inside of his mouth is invisible.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well i guess I'll finish the model, and maybe my friend mr.N64Billy will work some magic again =]

GameWatching

Smash Ace
StarWaffle...
your ridley is ......

WHY PEOPLES MAKES AWESOME VERTEX AND NOT ME D: ?????

and i m still working on this :

60% done >_>

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
StarWaffle...
your ridley is ......

WHY PEOPLES MAKES AWESOME VERTEX AND NOT ME D: ?????

and i m still working on this :

60% done >_>
Naw your hacks are pretty cool mines just a ridley head =D

and ive always wanted DK to be vertexed into this guy right here

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
GameWatching, for the sake of all us, stop complaining over and over again, it's getting very annoying. If you don't want to listen to people when they say that your stuff is good, or even when it needs work, which leads to criticism, then atleast stop saying that your stuff is bad. Seriously. Keeping that attitude won't make you any better.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
GameWatching, for the sake of all us, stop complaining over and over again, it's getting very annoying. If you don't want to listen to people when they say that your stuff is good, or even when it needs work, which leads to criticism, then atleast stop saying that your stuff is bad. Seriously. Keeping that attitude won't make you any better.
Yea.. I personally dont understand why you think you suck. Your Toad for Ness inspired me to make the real toad. He wouldn't exsist if you dinit make awsome hacks

GameWatching

Smash Ace
o.O

you should be a politician !

i never said that my hacks were bad !
they are good !

but not awesome !

many of you had a previous experience with modding !
my capacities at modding are sightly limited !

you got it :p ?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
A politician..? What? o_o

Well, you keep saying that you "suck", or that you aren't as "awesome" as "we" are. We've all started somewhere. I myself used to make crappy texture hacks when I first started, and look where I am now. You just require some practice.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
btw ridley isnt going to be exatly proportional, charizards legs are far too wide for me to change them into ridleys but i'll do my best

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That looks VERY nice, good job. Also, I got a new ISO, but it's not working in any launcher! It keeps saying DVD Read Error or No DVD..

Top Bottom