• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl + the standard game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
I've heard so much debate recently of the mk diddy crap, and i find it funny that after so long, people are actually saying that mk is no longer broken, and that diddy should be banned.
i have also heard recently that the final version of brawl + will be up and running soon. not sure if its true or not, but supposedly its very balanced and almost every char is viable, not to mention it is more entertaining to watch. i love brawl + and dare say i like it more than vbrawl. I made this thread to ask how many smashers out there would rather play brawl+ then vbrawl, and have that has standard games in big tourneys such as apex 2, pound, etc. ( if the game is as balanced as claimed,)

Veril

Frame Savant
If another mod could move this thread into the "Smash Workshop General" subforum, that would be greatly appreciated.

This thread pleases me >:D

Everytime I get mad about something related to the cat-herding required to manage the B+ team I just read the latest "Ban/don't Ban MK!" thread and feel better.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd be willing to play any mod instead of just vBrawl.

TL?

Smash Ace
Brawl+ is awesome. It's hard to go back to boring old regular brawl after you've played B+.

Seriously, why would anyone choose regular Brawl over...well anything.
Genesis Results said:
Brawl Singles - Total Entrants 292
1. Ally - Snake - $2,336
2. M2K - Meta Knight - $1,460
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight - $876
4. Dojo - Meta Knight - $584
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong - $233
6. DEHF - Falco - $175
7. Fiction - Wario - $118
8. SK92 - Falco - $59
Hmm. No reason I guess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ok that's one reason...

But a different version could have the same prizes so not a great point
You're missing the point. It's the dominance of certain characters, namely Meta Knight.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
im not hating brawl, i actually play the game competitively, i was just wondering how many people out there would rather brawl+ be the standard game rather than brawl. and if there is enough votes, then that's what we should do. ive played brawl + 6.0 and it some of the most fun i have had playing smash.

edit: plus, it would really cut the whole brawl hate thing going on with the melee players. and actually unite this community for once.

SiD

Smash Master
Oh I see. But don't you think most people would like to play other characters were they just as viable?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh I see. But don't you think most people would like to play other characters were they just as viable?
Of course, the balance in Brawl is why some choose Brawl+ or any of the other mods. The fact that discussions on banning Meta Knight are up AGAIN after Pound 4 should be enough evidence of this.

Zodiac

Smash Master
im not hating brawl, i actually play the game competitively, i was just wondering how many people out there would rather brawl+ be the standard game rather than brawl. and if there is enough votes, then that's what we should do. ive played brawl + 6.0 and it some of the most fun i have had playing smash.

edit: plus, it would really cut the whole brawl hate thing going on with the melee players. and actually unite this community for once.
I would just rather play melee, lol, seriously though the brawl hate thing is pretty far behind most melee players, we may still think the game is crap but that doesnt mean we diss it every time we get a chance.

on topic though, I a melee players, do enjoy brawl plus over Vbrawl because its more balanced. not to say its perfect but it feels much more like a sequel to melee should be.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
Show me one post where a legitimate player/poster has said that Diddy should be banned.
adhd made a thread saying diddy wasnt the best char, cause hella people harassed him about diddy being better than mk. somewhere in that thread i remember someone saying that diddy was broken and needed to be banned.

edit: will project m be exactly like melee? with l canceling and all that jazz? i like everything else, i would just rather no l canceling

BG3

Smash Journeyman
it feels much more like a sequel to melee.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxA9jHvfWPc

Project M looks like it could be the best version I've seen.
Looks like another turn Brawl into Melee instead of playing Melee project.

I don't see why L-canceling is needed when it's just an button input rather than auto canceling and not a necessary tech like Wavewashing which has justification for being added.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
We already discussed it. L canceling is going to be in. When the arguing was going on it was basically people who play melee vs people who play brawl, since its project melee they kept it. I pretty sure shanus was never going to take it out, he said if you want ALC go play brawl+.

And melee players wanted a GOOD sequel to it. Brawl did not satisfy at allllllll. Neither did Brawl+. Melee has been out for 9 years, we want something new.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I guess if your trying to make it a sequel that works, but still I think adding L-canceling is silly when most people prefer auto-canceling.

Partly because of the skill barrier, but no so for the fact it's kinda pointless to add the input when it doesn't add enough to the game like wave-dashing does.

Just my thoughts, of course if this is suppose to be a direst sequel to melee inputs and all go for it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well it adds another thing to the game that requires practice and skill. How is that a bad thing?
Because it adds unnecessary techs that need to be done for something that really shouldn't be difficult to execute.

As I said before Wavedashing has a legit reason to be a tech, it adds depth to the game by increasing the pool of options to the cast.

All L canceling does is lower the ending lag on moves, which was simplified in brawl as autocanceling.

L canceling to be frank, is just adding a skill barrier that doesn't need to be there.

You can add tech skill, just don't add techs that are rather pointless to need a special input.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
We already discussed it. L canceling is going to be in. When the arguing was going on it was basically people who play melee vs people who play brawl, since its project melee they kept it. I pretty sure shanus was never going to take it out, he said if you want ALC go play brawl+.

And melee players wanted a GOOD sequel to it. Brawl did not satisfy at allllllll. Neither did Brawl+. Melee has been out for 9 years, we want something new.
Not Brawl+? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most Melee players who hate Brawl pretty satisfied with Brawl+?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not Brawl+? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most Melee players who hate Brawl pretty satisfied with Brawl+?
Part of the reason I don't play hacks except Brawl-.

People are changing stuff because no one is satisfied with how things turned out.

SiD

Smash Master
Because it adds unnecessary techs that need to be done for something that really shouldn't be difficult to execute.

As I said before Wavedashing has a legit reason to be a tech, it adds depth to the game by increasing the pool of options to the cast.

All L canceling does is lower the ending lag on moves, which was simplified in brawl as autocanceling.

L canceling to be frank, is just adding a skill barrier that doesn't need to be there.

You can add tech skill, just don't add techs that are rather pointless to need a special input.
Ok but some may argue that it shouldn't have been changed in Brawl to begin with. Simplified does not mean better.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

I see where you are coming from, but in my opinon, I feel Brawl+ shouldn't be the definitive Brawl. I mean that's like saying Brutal Mario should be thae Definitive Mario World. fo course, that's just what I think.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
Looks like another turn Brawl into Melee instead of playing Melee project.

I don't see why L-canceling is needed when it's just an button input rather than auto canceling and not a necessary tech like Wavewashing which has justification for being added.
I agree, this seems like its just going to cater to melee people :( at least with brawl plus, melee people liked it cause it want brawl, and brawl people liked it cause they could combo ****.

@ sid: its not a bad thing, just unnecessary. in high level of melee, the top players rarely miss techs, even with tourney nerves and jitters, so its basically like having auto l cancel anyway.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

indeed. a few felt it helped fastfallers too much, and when it returned in plus, the ffs shot up to the top again.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I agree, this seems like its just going to cater to melee people :( at least with brawl plus, melee people liked it cause it want brawl, and brawl people liked it cause they could combo ****.

@ sid: its not a bad thing, just unnecessary. in high level of melee, the top players rarely miss techs, even with tourney nerves and jitters, so its basically like having auto l cancel anyway.
That is what Autocanceling is in Brawl, L canceling that just needs your aerials to be timed correctly.

You just don't need to many an additional input.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I know that some melee players play brawl+, but not a lot of them. We think brawl+ is better than brawl, we just love the technical and fast gameplay of melee. Brawl+ is fast, but not fast as melee.

SiD

Smash Master
Either does complicated.
In this case, I disagree. I think having that additional tech skill makes Melee a better game, makes skill more impressive. Plus, the less tech skill thats in a game, the easier it is for players who aren't as good to win using overpowered techniques or characters without needing to actually practice as much.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'd rather play brawl+ than vbrawl.

It's a bit late for me to complain about brawl+ speed now. Combos aren't super easy to do anymore and I'm happy enough for that.

And L-cancelling is pretty easy. No fail window unlike with meteor cancelling. Half the people I play with in brawl would automatically do it anyway due to the fact that they usually shield after landing from an aerial.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In this case, I disagree. I think having that additional tech skill makes Melee a better game, makes skill more impressive. Plus, the less tech skill thats in a game, the easier it is for players who aren't as good to win using overpowered techniques or characters without needing to actually practice as much.
But you see, a tech should do more than just act as a skill barrier between newbie and pros. It should add depth to legitimize itself being added.

Wavedashing does this, for learning it your options to fight in melee increase dramatically. It adds serious depth to Melee.

L-canceling doesn't do this, all it does is force a tedious input to lower ending lag on moves. Why is this even needed? Why not just make moves L cancel automatically, considering there is literally no reason to not L cancel.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Brawl+ is just an appetizer until Project M comes out.
Brawl+ is fast, but not fast as melee.
Both of these for me. I like and play Brawl+ because it's fast. Definitely faster than vBrawl, that's for sure. The combos and everything else is nice too, but I just wanted more fast paced fighting.

But when Project M is finished, I'm dropping Brawl+ like a brick. A Melee 2.0 is what I've been wanting ever since before Brawl+, so this will completely satisfy me. XD

Ah, and before the next "Just go play Melee", I can't play as Sonic in Melee. He's the only reason I got Brawl in the first place. I didn't even want the thing until he was announced. After all, Melee still has Captain Falcon. :3

I'd probably be missing Wolf, ZSS, Lucario, Ike, Dedede and Meta though. :<

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If people actually played Brawl+ then I would play it.

However, I live in SB, with people who play Brawl, Melee, and even 64, but it would take A LOT to make them take Brawl+ seriously. Metaknight isn't really the issue that is going to make them change. Theres no reason for them to practice Brawl+ if theres no tournament, and theres no tournament because no one pratices Brawl+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom