• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Brawl's naming is weird, when you save multiple stages within a day, it creates ugly filenames like st_something(1) etc.
But I might add the original naming as the default filename when saving.

The browser would only work as an optional feature as it needs to read a specific directory, in which you'd have to copy the stages in.
But since this isn't always the case and some stage files might be spread all over your harddrive...
I know what you're thinking.. read the directory of the SD card, if plugged in.
Like I said, as an optional feature maybe.
Scratch that, bro. Those kinds of things are like the fruits you add to the cake. You can't add the fruits when you haven't even added the frosting. People, let the man finish the program in peace. Since when did features and settings become more important than functionality? I'd rather have Xane use his time with completing the stretching process than with all those silly tidbits. Those pretty things can wait. You people need to get your priorities in order.

By the way, now I know what you meant by valid stage names. Not the name of the st file, but the name of the stage per se. I was going to ask you, the built in stage editor has the degree sign, what is the alt+#code in order to insert this symbol (°)in the stage name? Or do you recommend to just not use those symbols when naming a stage with your editor?

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Scratch that, bro. Those kinds of things are like the fruits you add to the cake. You can't add the fruits when you haven't even added the frosting. People, let the man finish the program in peace. Since when did features and settings become more important than functionality? I'd rather have Xane use his time with completing the stretching process than with all those silly tidbits. Those pretty things can wait. You people need to get your priorities in order.

By the way, now I know what you meant by valid stage names. Not the name of the st file, but the name of the stage per se. I was going to ask you, the built in stage editor has the degree sign, what is the alt+#code in order to insert this symbol (°)in the stage name? Or do you recommend to just not use those symbols when naming a stage with your editor?
If you need to use an alt code to make a character, it probably shouldn't be in a filename. Some responsible filenaming goes a long way.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
(...)
You know, since Brawl has a limited set of characters for use in naming your stages and descriptions, I had to test character for character in order to find out the valid ones Brawl accepts.
Obviously, I couldn't find ALL of them, but I tried to include the most common ones.
There might still be some symbols missing, I'm already aware of that.
But knowing any specific symbol left out helps, thanks.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
You know, since Brawl has a limited set of characters for use in naming your stages and descriptions, I had to test character for character in order to find out the valid ones Brawl accepts.
Obviously, I couldn't find ALL of them, but I tried to include the most common ones.
There might still be some symbols missing, I'm already aware of that.
But knowing any specific symbol left out helps, thanks.
Alright, I'll let you know, bro. I'll try 'em out.

xnamkcor:

Thing is, with the built in editor, I used the degree sign to name my stages in the comments. For example, if it was the 20th stage I made, I'd put my name and Custom N°20. See what I mean? I don't use the character in the stage name. Just in the comments.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'll let you know, bro. I'll try 'em out.

xnamkcor:

Thing is, with the built in editor, I used the degree sign to name my stages in the comments. For example, if it was the 20th stage I made, I'd put my name and Custom N°20. See what I mean? I don't use the character in the stage name. Just in the comments.
I usually put Mkxx or just xx.

Cory321

Smash Rookie
Awesome work, i love it!:bee: Really !!

I just got a question: Can this make objects bigger than normal and flip objects?

Because I watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El316hort3Y

And there are very cool stages and the video uploader said in a comment that they were made with the Pc Stage builder, so can someone tell me how to do that?

And if it cant, will it be able to do that?

Is there an ocarina code for that?

Thanks..:)

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Awesome work, i love it!:bee: Really !!

I just got a question: Can this make objects bigger than normal and flip objects?

Because I watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El316hort3Y

And there are very cool stages and the video uploader said in a comment that they were made with the Pc Stage builder, so can someone tell me how to do that?

And if it cant, will it be able to do that?

Is there an ocarina code for that?

Thanks..:)
Dude, did you just post halfassedly without even reading the thread? All questions are answered throughout the thread. No, it's not Ocarina. This is done with Xane's program for use on the PC and not via the Wii console. No, you can't flip tiles and yes, you can stretch - just not yet.

Cory321

Smash Rookie
Thanks for answering.

So, if u cant flip objects.. How the hell did the half pipe stage in the video was made?! :ohwell:XD

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Thanks for answering.

So, if u cant flip objects.. How the hell did the half pipe stage in the video was made?! :ohwell:XD
I would tell you to go and ask the person whose stage you saw in youtube, but since I'm in a good mood I'll tell you...

STRETCHING... 100% stretching. Stretching and overlapping. You can not only stretch n x n, but also vertically and horizontally. Overlapping differently altered pieces causes that effect.

This thread is for discussion of the topic, which very clearly says [Brawl Stage Studio]. Those stages weren't made with Xane's program. If you have questions about Ocarina, you should either search it's thread, or start your own. I don't know about Xane, but I would feel insulted if somebody asked me questions about something seen in a random youtube video; even more so if it was clearly done on something I didn't make. That's like asking Coca-Cola about their Pepsi Twist.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone mentioned this (33 pages?) but is it possible to flip them 90 degrees or flip them upsidedown?

You've GOT to be kidding. F*ck the last 33 pages, try the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS:

You CANNOT flip tiles. PERIOD.

I've just lost faith in humanity. :urg:

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Omg, that's classic. So yeah, still waitin for an update with stretching. Cuz that would be epic. I have a USB Gecko to stretch with, but alas I can't find the original place I went to before I got the gecko.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Erghh.

Can any one help me figure out why this worked at full FPS the first time I used it, but now its running as if the FPS was cut in half?

ffffffffffffffffffffff this blows.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Omg, that's classic. So yeah, still waitin for an update with stretching. Cuz that would be epic. I have a USB Gecko to stretch with, but alas I can't find the original place I went to before I got the gecko.
Personally, I don't believe in Gecko or tampering anything with the Wii. Which is why I love this program. I don't have to do anything to the Wii. Or alter anything or do anything at all, for that matter. I just make the stage on the program and copy it from the SD. Brilliant!

supersupersuperguy

Smash Rookie
[v0.8.02 (26.01.2009 - 01/26/09)]
- NEW: Now saves all objects with disabled boundry re-
strictions, just switch between stages sizes and
place objects. Sadly, walk-off stages are only
possible to the right of the stage.
How do you make it walk-off?
:confused:

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
How do you make it walk-off?
:confused:
You make the stage big, make a standing ledge as far as it can go, and then go to stage options (or editor's options, I forget) and change the stage to small. You will then have a walkoff. Also, set spawn points on the edge of the "big stage", transfer it, and spawn points are off the screen!!! go far enough, and the people who spawn there die right away! Very fun for friends, lol!

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You've GOT to be kidding. F*ck the last 33 pages, try the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS:

You CANNOT flip tiles. PERIOD.

I've just lost faith in humanity. :urg:
Hahahah, that's funny. I don't know how I missed that.

I do have another question though: does anyone know how (that also has an AiB) to upload stages made using Stage Studio?

D

Deleted member

No no no no

I'm asking for uploading to AiB the website. I can upload normal stages, but for some reason ones made in Stage Studio don't want to upload.
Maybe because you didn't give put a preview image on them?

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I have a couple questions.

One, is it possible to get music that didn't get into Smash, and put it into the program for use?

Two, is there a way to make multiple backgrounds?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
You make the stage big, make a standing ledge as far as it can go, and then go to stage options (and editor's options, click the 2 things at the bottom of the program) and change the stage to small. You will then have a walkoff. Also, set spawn points on the edge of the "big stage", transfer it, and spawn points are off the screen!!! go far enough, and the people who spawn there die right away! Very fun for friends, lol!
^^^
This. Use it. Now.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
OK, so I made instructions on how to make a walkoff. Here you guys go. I hope that it will help.

How to make a Walkoff Ledge and Cause Instant Death upon Game Entry
1. Open the Stage Editor program on your computer.
2. Select "New Stage".
3. Make the size of the stage large, by clicking a button in the top right corner of the program.
4. Choose backround: anything works.
5. Choose music: any song works.
6. Press the button in the bottom of the program. This should say "Next".
7. Choose a name for the stage. This can be anything that you want it to be. If you don't put a name for the stage, the stage's title will be "New Stage".
8. Upload a picture to the stage (optional).
9. Click "Enter".
10. Select any type of block, preferrably a standard 1x1 block, and put a horizontal row of that type at or above the center of the stage. Above about 4 columns is prefferable.
11. Put spawn points ALL THE WAY to the right side of the stage. The spawn points that are all the way to the right of the stage will cause instant death to the character whose spawn points are at the RIGHT EDGE. Whoever you do not want to die immediately should have his/her spawn point on the LEFT edge of the stage. These spawn points must be EXACTLY above the row of blocks that you used. If they are in the block, you will fall out of mid air, and this will cause spawning issues for people such as Pokemon Trainer, which will be stuck in a T-Stance, and unable to move.
12. Select "Editor's Options", which should be near the borrom right of the program.
13. Click on the button that shows a block with arrows going sideways next to a block. This will let you place objects a littlee off of the grid.
14. Click the button next to it, that shows a fraction. This will let you have (pretty much) infininte parts. Do not use too many parts with this feature.
15. Click "OK" or "Enter" (whatever it says on your program".
16. Select "Stage Options", which should be near the borrom right of the program.
17. Change the size of the stage to small, by clicking a button in the top left corner of the program.
18. Click "Enter" at the bottom of the program.
19. Look at your stage. The horizontal row that you put earlier should be far off of the grid. Click "Zoom Out", which is at the bottom of the program, to confirm this. If the row isn't off of the grid, you must redo the steps to make the walkoff work.
20. Add parts if you want to.
21. Save the stage.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yeah, nobody knew how to do this, so I put it up. It took like half an hour to do, lol!

RLY though, noone knew about the Instant Death thing. Walkoff is awesome too.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
No problem! I also like the fact that you can make people die instantly when doing what I said.

VERY fun with friends! OR annoying cousins. Set the lives to one life, Player 2-4's spawn points are WAY off of the grid! Tell them that it is a glitch, lol!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Thanks, it's now added into the frontpage.
But remember to disable the boundry restrictions in the option screen first.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yeah, I put that there, as in the 2 buttons that are at the bottom of the editor's options. Change it if you want. Can I get put on the "special thanks" list? PLZ??? lol, a normal thanks ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!

nvm, it's cool that I have an entire section devoted to me! Yay!

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
I know that I've asked this a couple of times already, but can this thread please be stickied? This is a tool that many people have used and are using and it's very helpful to have it in the beginning of the forum. That way it's easier to find in order to keep track of this work in progress. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom