• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
What's your stage look like?
Seems that you put in too many objects.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Great program. I'm definitely impressed and glad someone was able to pull this off. We've already made several insane stages with this.

Be careful about where you put your spawn though. If it's not right next to the ground they won't do their entrances.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Great program. I'm definitely impressed and glad someone was able to pull this off. We've already made several insane stages with this.

Be careful about where you put your spawn though. If it's not right next to the ground they won't do their entrances.
Yea, that's why I included a grid for the Spawn Points as well, even when they can be placed whereever you want.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Not to sound ungrateful but can you please get to work on this, I've only got 3 more months of freedom. lol

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Great app. Some suggestions.
Resizable Window
Timing Assist for moving platforms
Ignorable Warnings for known issues
Detailed Conformity Toggles
Less Blurry text(use text, there is no reason to use an image)
Option to export a screenshot of the stage preview as 168x128 PNG
I understand your computer works well and some others' do, but an effort to minimize the graphical requirements would be nice(they aren't even justified by "graphics", it's just flat images with stupidly high graphics requirements)
Fast Music Scroll via Scroll Wheel
Working Tabs(All, Structures, Features)
Auto File Naming(according to system clock)

PS: Some stages made with the in-game editor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/xnamkcor/crossko.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/xnamkcor/spikestage2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/xnamkcor/waterfall.png

PPS: Just made a stage with over 50 Ferris Wheels. Runs fine. Also, I made an overlapping line of treadmills, then overlapped that with a different size, then another size. The player stands. It's a game thing for sure.

Sexy Diabetic

Smash Rookie
I absolutely LOVE this program. I'm looking forward to the next release. I don't care about any of the Z-axis movement, or texture swapping. (plus if this works even remotely how i think it would, I'm guessing it's not possible without major hacking) I just want to have the stretching and shrinking up and down by seven. That would be awesome!

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
How do I save stages onto an SD card? I have an SD card inserted in my computer but i don't see what to click on to save it there.

Thanks in advanced!

Baby Mr.L

Smash Rookie
There should be a continous button for objects, so you don't have to re-select it and place it back again. Wastes some time, but other than that the program is AS0M

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
There should be a continous button for objects, so you don't have to re-select it and place it back again. Wastes some time, but other than that the program is AS0M
I think he's ignoring that request due to the fact people are only citing the time wasting, not the fact that if you place an object on top of a larger one(moving platform) you can no longer select the smaller one sometimes.

crwys

Smash Cadet
The least you can do is read through this thread >.> Someone has already asked this question, and if you would have read the help on the program, you wouldn't have to ask it. All you gota do is right click on the pieces you want to place continuously, it has to be already placed down.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
The least you can do is read through this thread >.> Someone has already asked this question, and if you would have read the help on the program, you wouldn't have to ask it. All you gota do is right click on the pieces you want to place continuously, it has to be already placed down.
This doesn't help with peices that can be clicked once they are placed due to overlapping items.

crwys

Smash Cadet
This doesn't help with peices that can be clicked once they are placed due to overlapping items.
First of all i didn't even quote you. So why are you even talking to me or quoting me, your post makes no sense.

Second, how would that even be implemented, it would be crazy and messy. Its common sense buddy, place the piece where you want, then place objects over it, if you change your mind, delete the pieces and move it.
Also the more pieces your overlap makes the map more buggy and likely to freeze.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
First of all i didn't even quote you. So why are you even talking to me or quoting me, your post makes no sense.
Because this is a forum. We all talk to each other as a group about a certain topic.

Second, how would that even be implemented, it would be crazy and messy.
I've heard rumors of a Brawl Stage Editor inside of Brawl that uses a "Z" button with the function. It's probably just a rumor and easily placing multiple blocks without re-clicking is a myth. Maybe right clicking the item when placing or selecting it from the menu would do it. Also, there is a "Z" key on most keyboards, but I think a mouse button would work better.

crwys

Smash Cadet
Because this is a forum. We all talk to each other as a group about a certain topic.
Wrong when you quote someone in a fourm, you are talking directly at them. For example: Someone says "I had ice cream" Then i quote that and ask "What flavor" Is every single person going to respond to me saying, what flavor what? or what are you talking about? ect. NO they won't! And they certainly won't quote my post then say something totally un-related to the post they quoted, like you did.

I've heard rumors of a Brawl Stage Editor inside of Brawl that uses a "Z" button with the function. It's probably just a rumor and easily placing multiple blocks without re-clicking is a myth. Maybe right clicking the item when placing or selecting it from the menu would do it. Also, there is a "Z" key on most keyboards, but I think a mouse button would work better.
Wow you heard of rumors, (doubt it), its never going to happen cause its just insane and would be messy, and totally low priority.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Wrong when you quote someone in a fourm, you are talking directly at them.
Yes, but your issue seems that you weren't talking to me, not that I wasn't talking to you.
You're posting in a forum.
I am talking to you.
If you don't want other people talking to you, use Private Messages.

And they certainly won't quote my post then say something totally un-related to the post they quoted, like you did.
All you gota do is right click on the pieces you want to place continuously, it has to be already placed down.
They seem related to me.

PS: The rumor part was sarcasm. The "Z" button is used in the in-game editor to place blocks without needing to reselect the block each time. Far from insane or messy. It works great and is a crucial time saver.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
No need to flame.
You can also right-click an object directly from the selector on the right to place them consecutively.

crwys

Smash Cadet
Yes, but your issue seems that you weren't talking to me, not that I wasn't talking to you.
You're posting in a forum.
I am talking to you.
If you don't want other people talking to you, use Private Messages.

They seem related to me.

PS: The rumor part was sarcasm. The "Z" button is used in the in-game editor to place blocks without needing to reselect the block each time. Far from insane or messy. It works great and is a crucial time saver.
I don't mind people talking to me, my point is, that you quoted me and said something completely unrelated. Quoting is to talk to someone, which is why i said your post made no sense, I was anserwing a question for someone. I may be a "smash noob" but atleast i know that i help the community, we can't all be programers, but we can NOT be beggers. Your the typical one:

This program is excellent and runs great, BUT it would be nice if it had "this"
or w.e.

I'm done talking to you and will only be checking the first post. I don't have my time to waste, i tried helping you but you just don't want to admit your wrong.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
I don't mind people talking to me, my point is, that you quoted me and said something completely unrelated. Quoting is to talk to someone, which is why i said your post made no sense, I was anserwing a question for someone. I may be a "smash noob" but atleast i know that i help the community, we can't all be programers, but we can NOT be beggers. Your the typical one:

This program is excellent and runs great, BUT it would be nice if it had "this"
or w.e.

I'm done talking to you and will only be checking the first post. I don't have my time to waste, i tried helping you but you just don't want to admit your wrong.
Please don't leave, we need you!

You said all you had to do is right click a placed block. I said that doesn't help if the placed block is covered by a larger block. Entirely related. Adding a function to initially put a piece in multiple placing mode isn't programming wizardry. We can be "beggars", especially if the author requests it of us to better his application.

Full Metal Kirby

Smash Rookie
[...]You said all you had to do is right click a placed block. I said that doesn't help if the placed block is covered by a larger block. Entirely related. Adding a function to initially put a piece in multiple placing mode isn't programming wizardry.[...]
So you know, you can right click on either a placed block or a block in the 'block menu', both will work to start consecutive placement of said block. It's been that way since (I believe) the very first version Xane released.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
So you know, you can right click on either a placed block or a block in the 'block menu', both will work to start consecutive placement of said block. It's been that way since (I believe) the very first version Xane released.
That other guy never mentioned this and I missed Xane's post above. Sorry.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
First, i have to say, AMAZING AMAZING JOB. Seriously, applause. I mean, the detail, the ease of use...just...its great.

Anyway, HAVING SAID THAT: I run vista ultimate 64 bit, and when i clicked save it told me that the program had stopped working (it crashed).

The stage seems to have been created, but I haven't tested it.

but yeah, keep working on it, its great so far.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
First, i have to say, AMAZING AMAZING JOB. Seriously, applause. I mean, the detail, the ease of use...just...its great.

Anyway, HAVING SAID THAT: I run vista ultimate 64 bit, and when i clicked save it told me that the program had stopped working (it crashed).

The stage seems to have been created, but I haven't tested it.

but yeah, keep working on it, its great so far.
Aye, if you are able to save the file and then it crashes, then it should have worked (at least, that has been my experience). So you should be fine, just keep using it as normal and launching it again after saving a stage.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
how come when i make a stage it works i try to put on my wii it wont reconize it as a stage??please help (im using a 1gb sd card) i have a 2 gb sd card also but it dont work no the computer for some really ******** reason..so yeah...?i have stage on my sd card 1 gb but i cant get it on my wii sd card itsnt locked or anything and accually once it said (loading stff in sd card)or soemthign like that and took a long tiem 2 load stage creator but nothing was on sd card (any stages)

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
how come when i make a stage it works i try to put on my wii it wont reconize it as a stage??please help (im using a 1gb sd card) i have a 2 gb sd card also but it dont work no the computer for some really ******** reason..so yeah...?i have stage on my sd card 1 gb but i cant get it on my wii sd card itsnt locked or anything and accually once it said (loading stff in sd card)or soemthign like that and took a long tiem 2 load stage creator but nothing was on sd card (any stages)
Did you put the stage in the proper directory/folder?
Read the ReadMe.txt for further information.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Xane! I am much gitty with anticipation! Please don't leave us hanging! If I loved making stages with the built in editor just imagine all the pure fun and adventure your program has given me! I have been waiting for the incorporation of stretching like a child waits for xmas! Are you really putting the program on a shelf? Is the stretching too buggy to release to the general public? The program works like a charm. All those n00bs should either read through the entire thread or read the - eherm- dare i say, the README. I know what it feels like to lose that spark and initial interest in a current project and then pick it up to work on it at another time. The only real major bug is the unit shifting, but that's not that disastrous. But it really would be nice to have the stretching. That would not only open a new door to the stage editing experience, but open a whole new building. Anywho, much luck on all your projects, bro. Hope to see a new release soon!

Thundersnow

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to be able to name your stage in Katakana or Hiragana? Or would that screw up the regions? :confused:

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Xane! I am much gitty with anticipation! Please don't leave us hanging! If I loved making stages with the built in editor just imagine all the pure fun and adventure your program has given me! I have been waiting for the incorporation of stretching like a child waits for xmas! Are you really putting the program on a shelf? Is the stretching too buggy to release to the general public? The program works like a charm. All those n00bs should either read through the entire thread or read the - eherm- dare i say, the README. I know what it feels like to lose that spark and initial interest in a current project and then pick it up to work on it at another time. The only real major bug is the unit shifting, but that's not that disastrous. But it really would be nice to have the stretching. That would not only open a new door to the stage editing experience, but open a whole new building. Anywho, much luck on all your projects, bro. Hope to see a new release soon!
Ye, thanks. You know, there's still time for small modifications / bug-fixes in between, but well..
And according the shifting problem, it should be already fixed with 1.03 I think.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Ye, thanks. You know, there's still time for small modifications / bug-fixes in between, but well..
And according the shifting problem, it should be already fixed with 1.03 I think.
Yeah. Since it's been while since I was around here, I downloaded the latest release after i commented in the thread. I saw it in the ReadMe. I haven't installed it yet for fear of the invalid stage name fix. Would it be possible to include in the ReadMe the format the file name should have? i know it has something to do with the dates, but I'm not sure. If I don't use the correctly formatted name, is it that the editor won't open the stage, or that the game won't open the stage?

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Yeah. Since it's been while since I was around here, I downloaded the latest release after i commented in the thread. I saw it in the ReadMe. I haven't installed it yet for fear of the invalid stage name fix. Would it be possible to include in the ReadMe the format the file name should have? i know it has something to do with the dates, but I'm not sure. If I don't use the correctly formatted name, is it that the editor won't open the stage, or that the game won't open the stage?
Invalid Stage filenames prevent the stage to appear on the Stage Selection screen on normal brawls.
As for the exact limitations.. the length (minus ".bin") must be smaller than 16 characters and should only contain basic latin letters and numbers.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Invalid Stage filenames prevent the stage to appear on the Stage Selection screen on normal brawls.
As for the exact limitations.. the length (minus ".bin") must be smaller than 16 characters and should only contain basic latin letters and numbers.
I encourage people to use Brawl's naming convention instead of using names. Brawl already has a name field.
On that note. Do you think you could code a "Browser" of sorts? Instead of opening up a normal Windows Explorer file select. It opens up a window that displays the name of the stage, thumbnail, creation date/time, comment, and possibly a preview.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
I encourage people to use Brawl's naming convention instead of using names. Brawl already has a name field.
On that note. Do you think you could code a "Browser" of sorts? Instead of opening up a normal Windows Explorer file select. It opens up a window that displays the name of the stage, thumbnail, creation date/time, comment, and possibly a preview.
Seconded!!!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Brawl's naming is weird, when you save multiple stages within a day, it creates ugly filenames like st_something(1) etc.
But I might add the original naming as the default filename when saving.

The browser would only work as an optional feature as it needs to read a specific directory, in which you'd have to copy the stages in.
But since this isn't always the case and some stage files might be spread all over your harddrive...
I know what you're thinking.. read the directory of the SD card, if plugged in.
Like I said, as an optional feature maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom