• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goof Ball

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-3059-8349
It's awesome.

But just one question: it's this progam legal, hack and stuff :dizzy:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Can anyone create a code so that way you can choose what ledges should be grabbed and not? Meaning that the piece itself doesn't affect whether it is grab-able, you get to do something where you click on a side and make it grab-able and you can do this with any open side. This means angled and go through platforms could be grabbed as well.

i'm not sure if it's editable or not... but i know that you can force some blocks to be grab-able or not by placing other objects around it (example: a block with another block directly below it on one side will not be grab-able on that side)

so you can kinda work around that. since the only parts that are grab-able normally are standard blocks, i don't think that there would be programming to grab onto any other piece, and definitely not without game hacks. also, using other pieces with programs like this, certain pieces that overlap can cause different properties to some things. if you put fall through platforms in the middle of a bunch of blocks (all bunched into one big block) then the fall through plat form can be fallen through, but cannot let you jump though them from below. they also can cause the side of a bunch of block making a wall to be grab-able

and of course this program is legal

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
You can make a slippery block thats grabable by overlapping a normal block and an ice block. You can also make a secret exit by using giant ramps that overlap normal blocks. I have also made spike traps where I have a medium sized drop block overlapping 2 small or 1 medium spikes.

Saber Mage

Smash Rookie
My suggestion concerning extra Stage Studio functions via hacks through the collaboration of Xane and some experienced hackers/USB Gecko users seems to have been lost in the haze of thanks' >_>. (Page 20, I believe.)

Marble345

Smash Rookie
hey, sorry if this has been asked but I read through most of this thread and didnt see the ? so Ill just ask.
when you said that there will hopefully be more things to edit in the next version, was one of those things the size of the objects by any chance?
Im just asking because of the stage made by heinerman that has the gient spring and gient rotating platforms.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
My suggestion concerning extra Stage Studio functions via hacks through the collaboration of Xane and some experienced hackers/USB Gecko users seems to have been lost in the haze of thanks' >_>. (Page 20, I believe.)
I've read it but.. I honestly doubt it will be possible, sorry. :/

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
hey, Xane!

in summary, what should we do about the blocks that go up a tile by themselves? do you believe this is a solvable problem?

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
On the computer it's amazing but when I load the stages on my Wii I find many glitches. I understand it's still in Beta but it's far from finished.
My biggest concern is the non-existent top surface on some of the 3x3 blocks. I find myself falling through the ground in most situations. And the random ledge grabs resulting from placing 3x3 above each other is another problem. The custom stage image doesn't seem to be working either.

Has anyone noticed when dashing on a surface where two pieces overlap you suddenly stop and walk?

It's amazing nonetheless!

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
Did anyone else ever find out what might have been causing the crashing glitch on the stage I posted earlier? The last time it crashed, the enemy CPU was standing in the middle of the right tower, by the way.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Ah yeah, Xane!

I don't know if this is relevant to the unit shifting problem, but I tried the following:

Stages I had already made in-game I loaded into your editor. All I did was create spawn points. When I relocated the stages into mi Wii, some objects didn't suffer the shifting. I noticed that the objects that didn't shift, were on the left side.

For example, if I had a stage that had an odd-numbered tile-counted object on both sides of the stage, only the one on the right would move up a tile, not the one on the left. This only happened when I had already created a stage on the Wii and then loaded and saved the stage on your editor.

What do you think?

Ringus

Smash Rookie
I actually joined these forums just to post in this thread.

This is more of an oversight than a bug, but spawn points should be placeable one space above the highest spot a block can be placed. This is why some spawn points are missing when a stage is loaded that was originally built in Brawl's actual stage builder. (Note that characters can NOT spawn any higher than that)

Xane, I know you don't have your Wii right now, so it's understandable that you missed this.

havac

Smash Cadet
Has anyone noticed when dashing on a surface where two pieces overlap you suddenly stop and walk?
I do know this happens as well when you use hacks to build custom stagges on the Wii. Some times just shifting the piece over one space will help or you can flip the piece to rid the stage of the issue.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Idk if this is possible but would make you SO awesome. Maybe if you could change the color of the objects. Maybe add some more things like, combining parts? I know this osunds complicated just wondering if uu want too. ^_^

someonewhodied

Smash Rookie
Idk if this is possible but would make you SO awesome. Maybe if you could change the color of the objects. Maybe add some more things like, combining parts? I know this osunds complicated just wondering if uu want too. ^_^
only possible with a usb gecko Or a hacked disk (I use the second method)

tadghd

Smash Rookie
feature request

hey first: great work on the editor. been waiting a long time for this.
second: my request. i have on occasion, while using the in-game editor with ocarina codes on, been able to displace stage pieces so that they're placed half a tile over from where they should be, ie: on top of the grid lines rather than within them. it's an odd glitch at i'm yet to figure out exactly how it's done, though i'm sure it's to do with the "place pieces outside edges" code. anyone stumbled upon this and worked out how it works exactly?

using this i've taken a large drop through platform (the one that sits in the middle of the tile, rather than at the top) and offset it so i can hide it behind a slanted ledge, making it ledge-grabbable. slanted ledges are grabbable if you put a drop thru platform ontop of the slanted piece, but using the offset piece as above you can hide the drop thru piece so it doesn't interfere with the stage.

I really hope this can be included in the Stage Studio some how.
Hope what i wrote is understandable, any questions just ask.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to sticky this topic? It would be much easier. This topic does provide a tool, after all.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
.. So how exactly do I get the .bin files on to my Wii?
I mean, I got the SD Card part down, I just don't know where to put the .bin's. I got hyper and made like 10 just to crash and burn. Someone help, please? ^-^

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it. It was in some folder named Private or something.
Thanks for this program! Especially helpful for someone like me. I hate when your ideas have restrictions by a square grid.

**EDIT: Okay, so I played through one of my customs. Everything worked perfectly. I thought it would be fun to make my friend jealous with my awesome stages, even better with a super sudden death (CPU vs Me = tied). and then... BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The screen freezes, my TV emits an annoying sound, and I'm stuck. _SIGH_. Do the stages have problems with super sudden deaths or something? or the winning screen in general? :p

rN00B

Smash Rookie
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do I run this? It downloads as EFW and I don't know how to make it work
Update, turns out that CA firewall/antivirus programs use EFW as renamed zip/rar files. Used 7-Zip to fix it and I have the program.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Any chance on getting rid of the "snap-to-grid"?
How exactly did some of you guys stretch and rotate your parts...and I doubt if it would be possible to make "thin platforms" ledge-grab-able.

I really want to recreate some of the classic N64 stages (Congo Jungle, Planet Zebes). Speaking of which had anyone found a way to sync. movable platforms, either that or stretch them to recreate Peach's Castle but the unlandable, mid-air, triangular pieces seem to be the bigger problem.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey, just a note; not necessarily one that involves the Stage Studio itself. I think that stages created with the Stage Studio aren't able to be selected when choosing Random while Custom Stages are on for random stage select... This could have to do with the screwy dates (caused by titling the files with words instead of numbers) or possibly by the lack of preview images, though I'm thinking it's the first.

Full Metal Kirby

Smash Rookie
Hey, just a note; not necessarily one that involves the Stage Studio itself. I think that stages created with the Stage Studio aren't able to be selected when choosing Random while Custom Stages are on for random stage select... This could have to do with the screwy dates (caused by titling the files with words instead of numbers) or possibly by the lack of preview images, though I'm thinking it's the first.
1. If you want correct dates, just name the file "st_YYMMDD_HHNN.bin" (YY = Year, MM = Month, DD = Day, HH=Hour, NN = Minute); But, your idea is correct, just not completely. The problem only seems to happen with certain names, but their length of the name and etc doesn't matter.

2. It technically does have a preview image: 'New Stage' is in fact an image stage studio uses for default preview pictures currently.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
Using Stage Studio right now :D Re-doing the Wheels stage. Before I do, can anyone answer the limit of Ferris Wheels on the largest stage possible? It freezes and buzzed my wii/tv. I didn't exceed the 252(?) limit, but possibly the standard? I turned it off, though so... Anyway. Thanks for your help., if anyone does.

Full Metal Kirby

Smash Rookie
Using Stage Studio right now :D Re-doing the Wheels stage. Before I do, can anyone answer the limit of Ferris Wheels on the largest stage possible? It freezes and buzzed my wii/tv. I didn't exceed the 252(?) limit, but possibly the standard? I turned it off, though so... Anyway. Thanks for your help., if anyone does.
I would assume the 'safe' limit would be 50 max for the water/Ferris wheel, since in active memory they apparently take up around 4x as much space as average objects. As well, with placing anything outside to the right/bottom on a large stage, keep it so all objects only go outside of the 'main' area by two spots max, since if you place an object three spaces out, it'll freeze at game end.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Similarily to walk-off stages, can you make it so that parts of a stage will actually reach the bottom of the screen, as opposed to being up one from the bottom?

shizawa

Smash Rookie
it wont let me open the stage studio i dont no how. can someone plz tell me how to open it?

POKE40

Smash Lord
it wont let me open the stage studio i dont no how. can someone plz tell me how to open it?
It is first a .rar file

thus you'll need to download the following
  • winzip (evaluation version)
You don't want to buy the full version, lol
When you finally install it. Hit the evaluation version button. Click on Extract. Find the file. extract it. Find the extracted file. Click on the icon stage studio.

profit.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
this is awesome but y dad like killed other cmp and switched with other 1 which has like nothing on it liek winzip (wel its not loaded) so i have 2 wait 2 download it agen..

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
dang i just cant wait till the ful version is done like i hope u can have unlimited objects and the ability to flip ofject!

Aliel

Smash Rookie
You guys did AWESOME. Seriously, amazing work. The spawn points were bothering me so much. :bigthumbu

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Maybe now we can get some decent N64 stages...without hazards making all the old levels tournament legal.
It's very nice to view and edit a stage right after you download it.

Will we get a stretch and rotate tool soon? I really want to shrink a full block to platform size and just add it to the ends to make em grab-able.

rN00B

Smash Rookie
what does the stage studio do? we can already make stages in brawl
Short answer: It's hacked and allows for more.

Longer answer: This is an improved version of the Brawl editor. It's fully compatible but lets you make levels with overlapping blocks and has a larger item limit, as well as spawn points and the ability to place certain objects a half space up/sideways/etc... things like that. Also, the team is working on making new features to improve the stage-making capabilities of Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom