• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online Tournament Thread--Registation closed, brackets made!

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Adam this tournament is so far off, the likelyhood is that if this thing happens, a lot of the people on the list won't respond again and will have to be removed anyways. If you wanna play in this I'm sure you'll get to.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
hey thanks, that'd be great if there was a third, sorry If i sounded mean in my last post I was just wondering why its wasn't a higher amount of people, but it makes sense that it'd be too hard to organize otherwise...actually this many is going to be hard to organize, props to you.
So it'd be great if I could get on the third list already, otherwise I'll just keep a look out for it.
I'm really excited because I never really got into tournament play during melee, so this feels like fresh start for everyone and a great chance to even my odds.
its aight i know some people wanna get in this..Brawl is a new game and everyone wants to have bragging right you know...under my sig theres DarkNes's Tourney its a day before ours and he need some mroe join that one if youd like

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If it comes down to a spot being available, I would be more than happy to participate. :bigthumbu

Please PM me if a spot becomes available, twilight_hero. Thanks!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Just trying to help... noticed that NNNP was participating and a judge....
Yeah, I noticed that too...when I was doing the...uh...brackets. Which are done. I just need a way to post them.

well depends i mean you have to unlock Lucas right?? so 2-3 or single match??
Why would you? Isn't he a starter?

I don't think people who are playing should be judges...you may watch your next opponent and how he plays and we want everything to be good..no complaints. only reason im a judge and participating bcuz i'm helping twiilight. I WILL NOT JUDGE ANY POTENTIAL OPPONENTS MATCHES
Don't worry. Anyone you may fight, I'll assign someone else to judge.

Speaking of judges, we have a fifth: A6M Zero has volunteered.

My hover name is ZERK. short for berserker. You didnt PM me back about how many judges you wanted ideally. Right now only 3 matches can go on at one time
I was thinking I'd need eight, one for each pool. Eight pools of eight people.

If it comes down to a spot being available, I would be more than happy to participate. :bigthumbu

Please PM me if a spot becomes available, twilight_hero. Thanks!
Will do.

So...everyone, the brackets are DONE. I just need a way I can post them. These are the people whose Wii and Smash codes I need:

Thrull
Stace19
TrueBlue23
Mikezor
Attackstorm
Chumlord
pirkid
SOKZ

That's the first pool, which I'm judging.

Here's the rest of the judged pools so far:

NoNessNoProblem
Tutter
JawHun
Smash_SuperStar
Arshen
SYC!
Kitt
shizlee
6th Sense

UltimateShinigami
xIxGummyBearxIx
red6170
verditude
Falco400
Gannondorf4ever
Dither
Trophyhunter
Luckycharmer

Kitt
Naota21t
cless-mint
MetaSonic64
X-x-Dyce-x-X
Novus
luis92
Dubyah8r
NoNessNoProblem

A6M Zero
Onichi
GreatClayMonkey
Ridley22
Artist
MoonMonkey
Valaan
SushieManX
Crossjeremaiah

Nobody, yet
Shadow312
00Elf
Macrofly
FireWater
NDFightingIrish
Mostalogel
El Raspa
Skarm Bliss

Cynan Machae
Jekyll
Supa_Sonic
Rominati
Hoss
Maben
Prince
Neo-X

MetalLuigi
autobzooty
Neft
MFZ95
Edde
Icraq
ImPulse346
AsbestosBlatent

I need at least three more judges, people! PM your judge your Wii code and your Smash code when you get it. In the "Nobody, yet" column are the three pools that have no judges. I'll let A6M Zero know what's happening.

Let's see...I think that's everything...

No, actually, it's not. Thank you all for your help, support, enthusaism. It's very appreciated.

Now I'm done. Good night, all.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Yeah, I noticed that too...when I was doing the...uh...brackets. Which are done. I just need a way to post them.

Why would you? Isn't he a starter?

Don't worry. Anyone you may fight, I'll assign someone else to judge.

Speaking of judges, we have a fifth: A6M Zero has volunteered.

I was thinking I'd need eight, one for each pool. Eight pools of eight people.

Will do.

So...everyone, the brackets are DONE. I just need a way I can post them. These are the people whose Wii and Smash codes I need:

Thrull
Stace19
TrueBlue23
Mikezor
Attackstorm
Chumlord
pirkid
SOKZ

That's the first pool, which I'm judging.

Here's the rest of the judged pools so far:

NoNessNoProblem
Tutter
JawHun
Smash_SuperStar
Arshen
SYC!
Kitt
shizlee
6th Sense

UltimateShinigami
xIxGummyBearxIx
red6170
verditude
Falco400
Gannondorf4ever
Dither
Trophyhunter
Luckycharmer

Kitt
Naota21t
cless-mint
MetaSonic64
X-x-Dyce-x-X
Novus
luis92
Dubyah8r
NoNessNoProblem

A6M Zero
Onichi
GreatClayMonkey
Ridley22
Artist
MoonMonkey
Valaan
SushieManX
Crossjeremaiah

Nobody, yet
Shadow312
00Elf
Macrofly
FireWater
NDFightingIrish
Mostalogel
El Raspa
Skarm Bliss

Cynan Machae
Jekyll
Supa_Sonic
Rominati
Hoss
Maben
Prince
Neo-X

MetalLuigi
autobzooty
Neft
MFZ95
Edde
Icraq
ImPulse346
AsbestosBlatent

I need at least three more judges, people! PM your judge your Wii code and your Smash code when you get it. In the "Nobody, yet" column are the three pools that have no judges. I'll let A6M Zero know what's happening.

Let's see...I think that's everything...

No, actually, it's not. Thank you all for your help, support, enthusaism. It's very appreciated.

Now I'm done. Good night, all.
not bad...we'll theres your brackets also whoever hasnt put your AIM or Hover name do so ASAP thnx yall may the best player win...1 more month

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
AIM'S
1.NoNessNoProblem(NinersLaw99)
2.Kitt(MYOOGKitt)
3.Neo-X(Eternum12354)
4.PrinceofSmash(Ngamer16)
5.Rominati(Rmillion1)
6.Crossjeremiah(differen7style)
7.cless-mint(cyke0z)
8.Skarmbliss(CHOMPY621)
9.chumlord(Sirdimos333)
10.icraq(lithium178)
11.Naota21t(rock21t)
12.xIxGummyBearxIx(MitchelTho)
13.Dither(andreik719)
14.Maben(OrangeMatt4)
15.Shizzlee(shizzlee23)
16.AttackStorm(AttackStorm)
17.Impulse346(aznpnoybboy88)
18.Luis98(Mistah Lui)
19.Shadow312(ShadowcatX312)
20.Trueblue23(TrueBlueSmasher)
21.Mikezor(Raijin717)
22.El Raspa(El Raspa Brawl)
23.Runicwings(ssbmfoxuser)

Hover Names
1.SOKz-SOKz
2.Impulse346-Ender
3.NoNessNoProblem-GmOvr
4.Falco400-Undecided
5.Shizzlee-Shea
6.LuckyCharmer-MattR
7.El Raspa-Raspa
8.Naota21t-Doc$
9.Kitt-Kitt
10.xIxGummyBearxIx-Heat
11.Luis92-Luis
12.Dither-DiDER
13.Maben-Undecided
14.AttackStorm-ATTK
15.UltimateShingimi-Zerk
16.Chumlord-mchum
17.Shadow312-Undecided
18.Clessmint-Cless
19.SunicWings-M-D
20.PrinceofSmash-NGamer
21.Neo-X-Cress

Judges
Twilight Hero
UltimateShinigami
NoNessNoProblem
Kitt
CastXD

Final Roster 64 Players

Brawlers
1.Naota21t
2.Dubyah8r
3.Trophyhunter
4.Smash_SuperStar
5.SOKZ
6.Falco400
7.verditude
8.cless-mint
9.luis92
10.Thrull
11.pirkid
12.Novus
13.Attackstorm
14.xIxGummyBearxIx
15.Onichi
16.shizzlee
17.Kitt
18.Mikezor
19.JawHun
20.NoNessNoProblem
21.GreatClayMonkey
22.6th Sense
23.Stace19
24.Gannondorf4ever
25.SYC!
26.TrueBlue23
27.Tutter
28.Chumlord
29.red6170
30.Dyce
31.Luckycharmer
32.Arshen
33.Shadow312
34.ImPulse346
35.Mostalogel
36.SushieManX
37.Maben
38.Supa_Sonic
39.MFZ95
40.Neft
41.MacroFly
42.AsbetosBlatent
43.autobzooty
44.Valaan
45.Icraq
46.Neo-X
47.Meta Sonic64
48.Artist
49.Prince
50.El Raspa
51.Edde
52.FireWater
53.Rominati
54.Dither
55.Jekyll
56.Moon Monkey
57.Crossjeremiah
58.SkarmBliss
59.MetalLuigi
60.00ElF
61.Hoss
62.NDFightingIrish
63.Cynan Machae
64.Ridley22

Whoever hasn't left me a AIM or Hover name Do So ASAP

Maben

Smash Journeyman
twilight_hero you didn't address my post at all. Are you sure you want to do double elimination? Even with 8 judges that is going to be a lot of waiting around for people who are waiting for the judge to be done so he can watch their game. Single elimination would be much simpler, and would get the tournament moving in a timely fashion. If you insist on keeping a double elimination format, you need to expect the tournament to take awhile.

Also, if you do double elimination then you will definitely need to have a way to show us the brackets, as it is much more complicated on who faces who depending on who wins what. I'll help make up brackets if you want, but like I said it's gonna take awhile for people to get done all the matches. If 2 people are playing, that's 6 people waiting, and if no one gets eliminated after the first round...

If you wanted you could set up times for each match, but this probably would be too complicated for everyone to actually do it on time. Honestly I don't think you should have judges watching except for the final elimination rounds (the final 8-16 people). I think since it's a friendly tournament with no prize, people should be perfectly capable of reporting their own matches. Otherwise, when the tournament starts you will have 8 matches going, and 48 people sitting around waiting for the others to finish their best of 3 matches so that a judge can watch them play. If people report their own matches, it's gonna take much less time even in a double elimination format.

Edit: Also, I'm sure a lot of people that said they want to play in the tournament we won't even hear from again. Anyone who hasn't contacted and given their Brawl code 1-2 days after the game has come out should be replaced with someone else who wants in, that way we don't end up with a lot of empty slots and/or no-shows on the date of the tourney.

Another Edit: Also, I have nothing directly against someone playing and judging, but this is further going to slow up the tournament A LOT. When a judge is called to another pool to play his own match, the pool he is judging does nothing and has to just wait around? This is just a bad idea.

SYNOPSIS, MY SUGGESTIONS ARE TO DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Make the tournament single elimination
2. Have people announce their own matches until you are down to 16 players at most when a judge would monitor further matches.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
twilight_hero you didn't address my post at all. Are you sure you want to do double elimination? Even with 8 judges that is going to be a lot of waiting around for people who are waiting for the judge to be done so he can watch their game. Single elimination would be much simpler, and would get the tournament moving in a timely fashion. If you insist on keeping a double elimination format, you need to expect the tournament to take awhile.

Also, if you do double elimination then you will definitely need to have a way to show us the brackets, as it is much more complicated on who faces who depending on who wins what. I'll help make up brackets if you want, but like I said it's gonna take awhile for people to get done all the matches. If 2 people are playing, that's 6 people waiting, and if no one gets eliminated after the first round...

If you wanted you could set up times for each match, but this probably would be too complicated for everyone to actually do it on time. Honestly I don't think you should have judges watching except for the final elimination rounds (the final 8-16 people). I think since it's a friendly tournament with no prize, people should be perfectly capable of reporting their own matches. Otherwise, when the tournament starts you will have 8 matches going, and 48 people sitting around waiting for the others to finish their best of 3 matches so that a judge can watch them play. If people report their own matches, it's gonna take much less time even in a double elimination format.

Edit: Also, I'm sure a lot of people that said they want to play in the tournament we won't even hear from again. Anyone who hasn't contacted and given their Brawl code 1-2 days after the game has come out should be replaced with someone else who wants in, that way we don't end up with a lot of empty slots and/or no-shows on the date of the tourney.

Another Edit: Also, I have nothing directly against someone playing and judging, but this is further going to slow up the tournament A LOT. When a judge is called to another pool to play his own match, the pool he is judging does nothing and has to just wait around? This is just a bad idea.

2. Have people announce their own matches until you are down to 16 players at most when a judge would monitor further matches.
We are going to make it Single Elimination

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
AIM'S
2.Kitt(MYOOGKitt)
3.Neo-X(Eternum12354)
5.Rominati(Rmillion1)
7.cless-mint(cyke0z)
8.Skarmbliss(CHOMPY621)
9.chumlord(Sirdimos333)
10.icraq(lithium178)
11.Naota21t(rock21t)
13.Dither(andreik719)
14.Maben(OrangeMatt4)
15.Shizzlee(shizzlee23)
18.Luis98(Mistah Lui)
21.Mikezor(Raijin717)

Whoever hasn't left me a AIM or Hover name Do So ASAP
I already gave you msn in PM because I can't put aol on my computer. Could you add me to the list but not list my address?

Did you get my PM about my situation

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I already gave you msn in PM because I can't put aol on my computer. Could you add me to the list but not list my address?

Did you get my PM about my situation
Lucky meet AIM express. AIM express, meet luckycharmstrixme.

http://www.aim.com/aimexpress.adp

Go to that link, create an AIM name (like normal). Then simply click "lauch AIM express" button. After this, type in your new screen name you have created and the password you chose and click "Sign In". You have to have pop-ups enabled (turn off any pop-up blocker you have just for this website). This allows you to use AIM without installing any software, amazing!

Having an msn name, while everyone else is using AIM is totally worthless. We need to be able to communicate with each other.

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
Lucky meet AIM express. AIM express, meet luckycharmstrixme.

http://www.aim.com/aimexpress.adp

Go to that link, create an AIM name (like normal). Then simply click "lauch AIM express" button. After this, type in your new screen name you have created and the password you chose and click "Sign In". You have to have pop-ups enabled (turn off any pop-up blocker you have just for this website). This allows you to use AIM without installing any software, amazing!

Having an msn name, while everyone else is using AIM is totally worthless. We need to be able to communicate with each other.
Thanks! I am blackcatlucifer1.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
So uh, I'm in the tournament right? I just ask because I didn't see myself on nnnp's list, and I DID send a PM denoting my interest.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
UPDATE!!!!

February 11th we will have a room to chat and talk about Brawl(Unlocking character and stages so we can play them) also our 1st day to practice around See you then

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

We are going to make it Single Elimination
That's the choice I was about to make. Looks like I have to update the first post.

So uh, I'm in the tournament right? I just ask because I didn't see myself on nnnp's list, and I DID send a PM denoting my interest.
Don't worry. You're in. You just don't have a judge yet.

UPDATE!!!!

February 11th we will have a room to chat and talk about Brawl(Unlocking character and stages so we can play them) also our 1st day to practice around See you then
Sounds good. I noticed you added a judge, but neglected to add A6M Zero.

Everyone: I just signed up for AIM. I'm TwilightHero42.

I'll go update the first post. Again. Anyone on, stay tuned.

Having trouble updating. Sorry; I'll do it (as usual) ASAP.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
AIM'S
2.Kitt(MYOOGKitt)
3.Neo-X(Eternum12354)
5.Rominati(Rmillion1)
7.cless-mint(cyke0z)
8.Skarmbliss(CHOMPY621)
9.chumlord(Sirdimos333)
10.icraq(lithium178)
11.Naota21t(rock21t)
13.Dither(andreik719)
14.Maben(OrangeMatt4)
15.Shizzlee(shizzlee23)
18.Luis98(Mistah Lui)
21.Mikezor(Raijin717)
24.JawHun(JawHun)

Hover Names
1.SOKz-SOKz
2.Impulse346-Ender
3.NoNessNoProblem-GmOvr
4.Falco400-Undecided
5.Shizzlee-Shea
6.LuckyCharmer-MattR
7.El Raspa-Raspa
8.Naota21t-Doc$
9.Kitt-Kitt
10.xIxGummyBearxIx-Heat
11.Luis92-Luis
12.Dither-DiDER
13.Maben-Undecided
14.AttackStorm-ATTK
15.UltimateShingimi-Zerk
16.Chumlord-mchum
17.Shadow312-Undecided
18.Clessmint-Cless
19.SunicWings-M-D
20.PrinceofSmash-NGamer
21.Neo-X-Cress

Judges
Twilight Hero
UltimateShinigami
NoNessNoProblem
Kitt
CastXD
A6M Zero

Final Roster 64 Players

Brawlers
1.Naota21t
2.Dubyah8r
3.Trophyhunter
4.Smash_SuperStar
5.SOKZ
6.Falco400
7.verditude
8.cless-mint
9.luis92
10.Thrull
11.pirkid
12.Novus
13.Attackstorm
14.xIxGummyBearxIx
15.Onichi
16.shizzlee
17.Kitt
18.Mikezor
19.JawHun
20.NoNessNoProblem
21.GreatClayMonkey
22.6th Sense
23.Stace19
24.Gannondorf4ever
25.SYC!
26.TrueBlue23
27.Tutter
28.Chumlord
29.red6170
30.Dyce
31.Luckycharmer
32.Arshen
33.Shadow312
34.ImPulse346
35.Mostalogel
36.SushieManX
37.Maben
38.Supa_Sonic
39.MFZ95
40.Neft
41.MacroFly
42.AsbetosBlatent
43.autobzooty
44.Valaan
45.Icraq
46.Neo-X
47.Meta Sonic64
48.Artist
49.Prince
50.El Raspa
51.Edde
52.FireWater
53.Rominati
54.Dither
55.Jekyll
56.Moon Monkey
57.Crossjeremiah
58.SkarmBliss
59.MetalLuigi
60.00ElF
61.Hoss
62.NDFightingIrish
63.Cynan Machae
64.Ridley22

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
No one has anything to say? Is another thread of mine dead?
Don't be sad, I'm still here!

Sage advice of the day: Avoid creating pools til you have the wii codes of all the registrants, and expect at least 50% of those telling you that they will come to forget about this before the day ends.

It's cool that you're trying to organize this, just be sure to keep options open until the end, and have re-registration a day before the actual tournament.

Good luck with the tourney!
-NS

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Nite, a lot of these people will probably forget all about this and we'll have a lot of no shows. Also, don't be surprised if this thread "dies" for awhile, it's hard to get psyched about a tourney that is a month and a half away.

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
I need to change my aim s/n (even though I don't think you guys ever put it in a list.)

I forgot the **** password so the new aim name is SYCTEMPHI and hover name is still SYC!.

Top Bottom