• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I should've saved some of my matches from this weekend since I played some B+. I'll be sure to save some replays from the B+ tournament coming up this weekend.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
making a list of things to get better at....help me add to it:
-Implement zapjump
-fine tune DjC use
-fine tune footstool use
-learn character recovery distances for better edgehog use

shanus

Smash Hero
-Implement zapjump
-fine tune DjC use
-fine tune footstool use
You can use for dthrow DJC fair grab or utilt.

You can use more DJC uair utilt -> whatever

Also, my personal favorite. Dedicate a direction for reading a techchase and do 100% momentum reversals with DJC dair. Its omgwtfrape at techchasing and mindgaming.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
not really to anything we are talking about now, but i find that consecutive untrue combo hits on an opponent that are close together(chronologically), while less reliable than true combos, have greater effect on your opponent's emotional state

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Since a lot of Ness' aerials have really weird hitboxes, I like to shieldpoke with them. Bat is safe on shield. AC dair may be. Uair to jab combo works on shields.

Punish sidesteps with dair, fair, or d-tilt.

I know I b-throw a lot in the vids I uploaded, but d-throw is generally better. I just really don't want to mess up my grab game I have in melee...

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
-Implement zapjump
-fine tune DjC use
-fine tune footstool use
1.) use Zap-jump for Recovery and High percentage Fair >>> Uair combo for kills. Zap-Jump Fair is like an impenetrable wall of sparkles.

2.) once you get used to it DJC is very easy. Be careful using DJC Fair without hitting the knock back hit boxes it does not leave the opponent in hit-stun so they can just jab away from you. You have to learn the timing of when that hitbox lands to make DJC Fair more useful. DJC Uair, Nair, and Bair are usually better options because Zap-Jump closes the gap when you knock them away.

3.) I have no input on Footstooling

4.)For a few characters (this is an easy peasy ledgeguard tech) just use psi magnet. Sheik cannot recover if you time psi magnet right. It also hella gimps kirby, ganon, and pretty much anyone else with a more vertical recovery

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
You can use for dthrow DJC fair grab or utilt.

You can use more DJC uair utilt -> whatever

Also, my personal favorite. Dedicate a direction for reading a techchase and do 100% momentum reversals with DJC dair. Its omgwtfrape at techchasing and mindgaming.
What do you mean by momentum reversals? Jump one way, and then DJC the other way?

not really to anything we are talking about now, but i find that consecutive untrue combo hits on an opponent that are close together(chronologically), while less reliable than true combos, have greater effect on your opponent's emotional state
Stringing together 4 nairs is so **** satisfying, and it really throws of my opponents.

Though they still vehemently hold the belief that Ness is broken beyond belief.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Don't even get me started about PK Fire... DDD's fat *** can't get out of that crap >.>
Ftilt and ditilt set off the pillar a dang safe distance away from DDD. Fsmash flat out outprioritizes the whole thing. No johns.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ftilt and ditilt set off the pillar a dang safe distance away from DDD. Fsmash flat out outprioritizes the whole thing. No johns.
Except its fast enough to be used close enough where setting off the pillar still gets you caught in it. I would be perfectly okay if it was that fast, but what irks me is how hard it is to get out of, plus how much faster it is. I just sit there mashing my C-stick and Control stick as I hopelessly get burned and wait for Ness to decide what he wants to do with me.

Maybe its just because I'm such a fatty, but crap is crap, even if you do have methods of dealing with it. You can easily deal with Falco's lasers with practice, but they are still lolgood. Being able to deal with PK Fire doesn't change how stupidly good it seems to me.

PK Fire, Dthrow, and Fair... :V
Enough trolling from me though.

TerraScythe

Smash Rookie
My 2 cents for PKFire would be to give it a few extra frames for cooldown and very slightly weaker.
This way the duration stuck in the flames is the same, but your opponent has a bit more time to DI out because of the increased cooldown on the move, and It's more punishable if you miss.
Also, they'll still cop a Bat or whatever when lured into a close PKFire.

Making the start of the move slower would ruin some mid% combos like NAir -> PKFire etc. And also reduce the effectiveness of luring enemies into a dash dance pk fire trap.

As for Fair... nvm... i was writing some ideas and they were all crap. No wonder it's so hard to balance that move.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Is it possible to give Ness his PSI sound from Melee and 64? You know when he does his dj, his specials, fair, and dash attack (Melee examples) it makes a "beep".

Putting a homerun sound for a tipper on the bat is possible, so is custom music. So I'd imagine this would be possible. Wouldn't you guys LOVE that sound to be back?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
No it isn't. We can only use the SFX that's ingame. :V

Also, tell your Snake mains to toughen up. I know a big huge bunch of Snakes who can SDI out of my PK fire spam on WIFI.

Jeez <_<

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Here are some pk fire tricks I found a bit lulzy. Dair on the ground to pop them up, then midair pk fire them instead of w/e aerial you would have done, then when you land charge up pk flash to where they are SDI to get out. Another one is dair to pk fire and then wait at one side and footstool them when they get out and then pk fire them after the footstool but before they tech. Sometimes it works depending on how they DI. It's a funny string if the other guy doesn't escape right.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Dair to bat is an actual combo, but I've posted that several times. Works in melee too lol.

I find pk fire fairly easy to hit with. Maybe it's cuz you play vs. Kirby a lot delorted, from what I played vs. Chu, I found that it was hard to hit kirby with it.

Top Bottom