• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I just meant give me Nor Cal or So Cal, but I guess I can just google maps your address.

EDIT: I'm sure you can find another B+ player in the Bay area, I think I might even know someone that lives there.

Also I now know where you live and what your apartment complex looks like from a birds eye view.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No clue on the Marth matchup cuz I have never played against the new marth. =/ I'd take ck's word for it though since he plays both characters.

I don't mind losing to Marth now, cuz he's so ****ing terrible in his actual game lol.

I was playing 64 today and i noticed that 64 Ness is like brawl+ Ness since you just spam one aerial to wtf combo grape them (dair in 64). Except pk fire is useable in brawl+.

I really like combo with pk fire. It's weird since I don't use the move much in the other smash games.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm still not sure if he lives in the bay area, all I know is he's in norcal, but theres a guy I know that plays B+. His username on the site I know him on is EnjoiLove. He's like 18 or 17 I think, and your much better than him but you could always be his sensai lol.

I'll get back to you if I figure out if he's near Oakland.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
WAHT!

Even after all of this Ness still loses to Marth?
XD

J/K i'm not mad. But it's not a raaaaape matchup like before.
Counterpicks stages for Marth?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have some vids coming up. Most of them are against Snake though, who I find extremely frustrating to play against X_X

Pk fire is great now.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Aside from the fact that he's just a little bit easier to meteor smash, Snake is still a pain in the *** to play against. I flat out have trouble approaching him. Double aerial shuffling or DJCing stuff doesn't help when he shields and a grenade blows up in your face. PK Jumping is still pretty bad.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Don't approach snake. Bait him into pk fire. Force push grenades away. Shield the ones that explode. Always remember where all the mines are. Shield his tilts. D-tilt ***** Snake lol. Learn the gay ways to gimp him. Remember that he has a lot of range and priority. Tech the first hit of f-tilt.

Don't cp wifi waiting room on him cuz then he lives forever X_X. I found Fd to be the best stage for him cuz you can combo him massively there and it's easy to gimp him...

Is it just me or does Frigate really screw over Ness a lot? I hate that stage. I don't play on it much, but when I do it always leads to me sd'ing at least twice or being ****ed over by the stage (thanks random platform for saving the guy I spiked then eating my pkt).

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
double jump and do fair at the same time. Make sure to hold the button down.
Wow, the Ness+ thread move waay too **** fast for me to keep up. I didn't even notice that you answered my question pages ago. =P

Couldn't Ness do that in vBrawl? Is it just called a zap jump because of the way the Fair hits the enemy? I thought this was an advanced tech. I was wrong all along apparently, because I do this all the time. =P

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
In vbrawl doing fair + dj at the same time does give Ness some extra boost. The zap jump is much more noticeable and is doable with every aerial.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
thesage: frigate flip doubles the fear created by pk thunder. Can lead to pkt2 kills.

EDIT: also i played more with skstylez yesterday....i zap jumped for recovery more....it helped....didnt record tho.....we didnt play many matches tho anyway

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I updated the first post with cape and simna's vids. I almost forgot about delorted's vids so I'll add them in soon lol. Everybody I've seen definitely would do better if they zap jumped for recovery more often. Several times it could've of saved them from being gimped or start/continue a combo.

D

Deleted member

sage, i zap jump all the time now. I find it's easiest with a 2-frame buffer.

Add my vids :p

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just added all ur vids. I'll add my new ones once rykoshet uploads them.

I personally play at 0 buffer. I hated all my fairs turning into f-smashes in vbrawl lol.

Oh btw, just to let you guys know, from now on, I'm only going to add videos from the most recent nightly/tournament builds from now on and will take down ones that are from builds that are older. Delorted's vids are an exception cuz they're the only ones we have of him. If there aren't any major changes to Ness in new build, I probably won't take down any, though I'll make a note or something saying if the opponent is changed or something.

Delorted do you know what build ur vids are from? I'd like to make that footnote know.

I still am bad at using djc in brawl+. It still feels so awkward compared to melee. I haven't actually attempted to practice it though (I'm trying to focus on getting better at melee right now...).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't just want to link to ur channel since I'd feel like that be cheating lol. Plus I'm eventually going to organize the vids by character and put them in the matchup discussion. If you could just them here with the title: simna (ness) vs. opponent (their character) that'd make my life easier. I've added all 16 vids currently on ur channel.

Any posts from now on relating about certain character matchups will be put in the first post if it's good advice and has been agreed upon intelligently.

Has anybody else noticed that pkt juggling ***** Samus like it did in melee? It works against Rob as well.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
didnt know about ROB....i'll try it out more if im fighting them.....if anything spamming it will advance the metagame faster.....ppl will have to learn ways around it and maybe eventually it will become not a useful move and then ness players will stop using it......and then ppl will stop being used to it and newer players will not learn how to avoid it and then the spamming can start again

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Has anyone tried DJC FF autocanceling like... Uair or fair? I don't see anybody doing that in the vids.

EDIT: You can DJCFF uair for later % utilt combos and fair leads into grab if the foe isnt expecting it.

Top Bottom