• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I want somebody SOOO badly to do characters from my book... I already have 3 model hack ideas that would work... it would be SOO cool... bu I don't have any of the software required to get good model hacks.

if anybody's interested just say so. I know nobody will be, of course... poor me... :(

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Hey guys, before ripping models, can you say the polygon count. Sometimes the count will be really high an unusable for brawl (only rarely).

And the texture resolution.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that matters. if it's over it's very easy to resize a texture or reduce the polygons with an app such as polycrunch

never the less most games use lowpoly models as much as they can.,for faster frames rates. it's the large texture maps they now use in conjunction with normals, AO, spec, gloss, fresnel, masking.. etc.. that's where these new games pull your frames down. massive environments and alot of screen filtering.

so any rippered model should easily fit into brawl. unless your someone trying to port victoria, from Poser7... which is still doable.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Somebody HAS to make a castle crasher out of Mario or TLink... :O THAT WOULD BE SO EPIC.

Not to mention the color choices are built right in. :3
And for the extra two colors you could use the gray knight...

and the necromancer!

Or better yet, make TLink into either the thief or the evil sorcerer!
... I can't find a picture for the sorcerer, but he's the final boss, so it's hard not to know him if you've played the game.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So models are already being made, so we are all just waiting on the model injector?

Has anyone done Shadow yet or can you just use his AT model?

Smash Ace

Sorry for all the squiggly lines, just done want people using this for their own benefit.

Later im going to draw up the side view without color and start the model.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Even though I haven't logged in here in ages, I've been following the Brawl hacks religiously. Congratulations on finally getting Subspace Emissary stages playable!

Back to the topic: I'd absolutely LOVE a model of the Shake King from Wario Land: Shake It!

Plus, I'd appreciate one of this girl, but it's not absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, I don't think models from movies can be ripped, and even if it could be done, I don't think it would work in Brawl.

Smash Ace
Movies are a bunch of images stuck together, so no.

And models of that quality wont be us usable on any console, EVER (well not EVER, just not for a long while since those go up to a few hundred million polys per character while the ps3 can only load roughly 4 or 5 million polygons at a time with effects, texture, diffuse/normals and what not).

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I knew it.

I'll just take what I can get.

If you can bring yourself to stop laughing at my lame and strange interests, and if you accept to do them, I'd like Shake King to be made with Wario's bone structure and the girl with Zelda's

Ianx3

Smash Cadet
Yo, MarioKart, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me Yuna's model from Final Fantasy X-2. I need it for a Left4Dead mod I'm doing. If you could rip it and send it to me, that'd be such a big help. If not, I totally understand.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman

Sorry for all the squiggly lines, just done want people using this for their own benefit.

Later im going to draw up the side view without color and start the model.
Who's it going to replace? It better be Tlink. He's got a sword (item in CC, of course), bombs (also an item in CC), arrows (commonly used item in CC), and a boomerang (a secret item also used in CC. Not to mention the CC boomerang and Tlink's 'rang look identical.)

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
There were a few Fullmetal Alchemist games for the PS2 who's models might be usable. The only problems are that the odds are against Mariokart having the game (I'm not even sure if they were released outside of Japan XP). But I would thank you forever, Mariokart64n, if you could get me/us some models from those games (particularly Edward).

Also, regarding the model I'm working on (a few pages back): I've finished the hands, arms, and face/ears. I'll post pics if people want them. The only thing is, I may not be working on it as much for a while due to issues in my personal life. And yes, I hate putting the model on hold more than you do.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Who's it going to replace? It better be Tlink. He's got a sword (item in CC, of course), bombs (also an item in CC), arrows (commonly used item in CC), and a boomerang (a secret item also used in CC. Not to mention the CC boomerang and Tlink's 'rang look identical.)
yeah I agree it should replace, they are almost the same :laugh:

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I was going to rip Tinker bell from the DS game. the screenshots don't look to bad. I think one subdivide and the models should be looking great.

only one problem the nsbmd's are compressed :( there extensions are *.lz77Ex

..so I naturally googled lz77Ex and download a program called lz77Ex.exe. unfortunately it doesn't decompress them properly :( it's close though.. so very close..

worst case scenario, we just tweak the one in KH1/KH2

EDIT
Yay success in unpacking the files, but the models are split up, face, wings, clothes, hands.. err thats a headache. not to mention that some of the models don't work with the viewer ~_~ soo assembling a working models ..well is probably not possible yet.

here are the tools I used to uncompress and view some of the models.
http://rapidshare.com/files/303930739/NDS_TinkerBell_Tools.7z.html

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question.

Even before the injector comes out, is it possible to swap or add on parts of characters already in the game?

For example, could I make a Ganondorf with Pit's wings and Bowser's horns? Or with ZSamus' ponytail? Or just stick someone's head on someone else's body? Stuff like that.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
yeah it's possible. but you'd have to be really familiar with the brres format to swap model blocks like that.
who knows there might even be a few checkbytes that may even interfere.

best just wait for a proper tool

Ghork

Smash Rookie
I didn't read everything through but what program should I use if I would like to make a model, what is the format of the output file that later will work making a brawl model and does it matter what kind of stance (or whatever you call it) the model have?

when will the model thing probably be finished? does anyone know how much longer it will take?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
mariokart64n said:
I was going to rip Tinker bell from the DS game. the screenshots don't look to bad. I think one subdivide and the models should be looking great.
Do you have the model for the fairy called "Qana"? She looks like the fairy from the pic I posted. I would like to see a close-up snapshot. And if and when you figure it out (I think the models are incomplete...), I'd like to have her to replace Zelda. I can see it being done.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, I WAS working on Mewtwo, but I screwed up and have to start over again. Well, I don't HAVE to but it would be easier because his arm and leg turned almost inside out. I was at 6700 polys ;-;

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could afford Maya or Photoshop... I'm just stuck with taking other people's hacks or begging them to help do mine. :p Not to mention I fail at PSA.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I wish I could afford Maya or Photoshop... I'm just stuck with taking other people's hacks or begging them to help do mine. :p Not to mention I fail at PSA.
You could just use Gimp or Paint.NET. Those are free and work, too. And for 3D Models, you could just use Blender.

... or you could be a pirate and stuff.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone who knows how to make models want to work on Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There doesn't seem to be anybody working on Geno, so I'd like to request one, I suppose?

As seen in the topic my signature links to, he's both Indigo's and my own Geno are more along than most PSA projects, and (In my opinion) quite a bit more polished/balanced, as well.

I dunno, it seems like if people are working on models, you may as well work on something that's got a pretty good PSA behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom