• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I noticed some people downloaded my Ratchet and Clank models (download here if you want them), and I was wondering if the .DAE is ready to be put in Brawl. I don't know much about modeling, and I don't know if I need to do anything else with the file to get it to work. Can someone please answer me.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I noticed some people downloaded my Ratchet and Clank models (download here if you want them), and I was wondering if the .DAE is ready to be put in Brawl. I don't know much about modeling, and I don't know if I need to do anything else with the file to get it to work. Can someone please answer me.
We still need Pharrox to finish the converter. If that model is rigged to a characters bones, you made a texture for it, and it doesn't have to many polygons it should be set. I'll take a look at it...

EDIT: I haven't opened the files yet, but I noticed they aren't in .DAE format yet. You might want to convert them.
EDIT EDIT: 3DS Max won't even let me import it, I think there's something wrong with your files >.>

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
We still need Pharrox to finish the converter. If that model is rigged to a characters bones, you made a texture for it, and it doesn't have to many polygons it should be set. I'll take a look at it...

EDIT: I haven't opened the files yet, but I noticed they aren't in .DAE format yet. You might want to convert them.
EDIT EDIT: 3DS Max won't even let me import it, I think there's something wrong with your files >.>
1. I know that we still need Pharrox to finish the converter.

2. The only one that I want so far is in .DAE format. (The Ratchet.DAE file.)

3. Strange, it opened for me and I converted it. I'll test it again myself.

EDIT: That's...strange. It won't open for me either! I've done it before, many times. ****, ****, ****!!! Also I use Blender, not 3DS Max.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
gally's almost done ^_^ the base is now complete. just alot of fixing, optimization and so forth left. then the hard bit of texture mapping, and creating textures..

model is currently sitting around 12,000polygons
smoothed, its 47,000 polygons <_< ..like I said I gots alot of optimization to do.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I have a few models that I would LOVE to be made. If anybody has any free time or is out of ideas for models, PM me. They are all fairly simple, yet fun. The names are "The Homunculus" for kirby, "Narida" for Peach, "Sandra" for Zelda, and "Cyberbully/Wilbur" for Lucas. The Homunculus and Cyber Bully would probably be the most fun, seeing as they're more, non-humanoid cartoonish characters. :3

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST: Hah, check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_PoA-NLlY&feature=related

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
It's Brawl Model Workshop, not Brawl Character Model Workshop. So yes, stages are included.

Also, about my model: Improved the posture and other little details. Added more detail to the stomach area (looked too flat before). 75% of the hair is finished. No screenshot yet, sorry. Currently, the model is a little under 3000 tris. Smoothing puts it at around 20 something thousand tris. And that's as it is currently without clothes and such. Sooooo, yeah. The non-smoothed version is probably what I'll use. I'll just add some more detail here and there to make up for it.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
I think Viewtiful Joe would make a good Sonic replacement. Technically, with Brawlbox + PSA, we should be able to edit a character enough that it wouldn't matter very much which character we decide to replace, right?

Oh...****...sorry, if you want me to stop my thread I will.
No big deal. There may come a time when we will need a separate thread due to overflow or something, but for now, it's probably best to keep it in one thread to avoid confusion.

On the subject of stages though, I always thought it would be cool to have a SMB3 Doomship-kind of stage in place of Rainbow Cruise. There would need to be a point in which it lowers down to the ground where you're now jumping over Dark Land's tanks, and then later rises back up to the ships again. I wonder if it can be done?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Is anyone planning on making a Gardevoir model for Zelda? It wouldn't be too hard, since there's already a Gardevoir model in the game. I'd do it myself if I could just open the stupid models in Blender...

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone planning on making a toad model for this because i would love to have toad in brawl maybe taking either ness place or someone small also has meowth been made? that would rule 2

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Is anyone planning on making a Gardevoir model for Zelda? It wouldn't be too hard, since there's already a Gardevoir model in the game. I'd do it myself if I could just open the stupid models in Blender...
You might be able to do that in Brawlbox if you do that thing to edit the bones around. I don't really get how to do it, but it is kind of discussed in some posts of this thread.

@GadgetTR

Thanks for answering me. You can ignore the PM I sent you.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone planning on making a toad model for this because i would love to have toad in brawl maybe taking either ness place or someone small also has meowth been made? that would rule 2
considering toad's model can be found in a T-Pose if you take it from peach, it should be very easy to use. i'd only be worried about penguin toad from NSMBWii.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
So you can't overlay, say, a pokemon onto a character? D:
You can, but you would have to edit the bones with BrawlBox. I wish I understood that... Leafbarrett knows this, but, so that everyone else knows, use an alloy. It always works.

Plasmakirby1 said:
i was thinking the same, but he lacks animations, otherwise i would have done it already
Well, the animation creator for BrawlBox is just about done, and Kryal said he would release it before Thanksgiving!!! Its out!!!!!!!!

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
i get what your saying about toad with his bones and everything and its cool if you cant make him it was just an idea

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Update~

Ok, so I finished the base body. I'm not 100% happy with the hair. I just now started getting the feeling that it was a bit too unnatural. I suppose it's fine for now, though. I actually finished this like a week or so ago, so this is kind of an overdue update, but I haven't really done much more since then, so whatever.

Alexmanescu182

Smash Rookie
ahah I'm 100% here and do not take part in hacking at all, but I've creeped on your forums for far too long to not say anything @_@

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
ahah I'm 100% here and do not take part in hacking at all, but I've creeped on your forums for far too long to not say anything @_@
Well then! A belated welcome! ;)

Anyone know of any DECENT, USER-FRIENDLY and PRECISE tutorials on 3D modeling, preferably for Brawl compatible models? Every program I've tried is too ****ed technical. Looks like I'll have to model that character myself...

3DS Max preferrably, now that I've found a crack.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Well then! A belated welcome! ;)

Anyone know of any DECENT, USER-FRIENDLY and PRECISE tutorials on 3D modeling, preferably for Brawl compatible models? Every program I've tried is too ****ed technical. Looks like I'll have to model that character myself...

3DS Max preferrably, now that I've found a crack.
http://www.secondpicture.com/tutorials/3d/3d_modeling_of_a_human_head_3ds_max_01.html

This tutorial makes 3dsmax so easy I bet my niece could do it, and she's ten. With that said though, I'll let you be the judge as I've already had a lot of experience in max by this point.

GadgetTR said:
Ok, so I finished the base body. I'm not 100% happy with the hair. I just now started getting the feeling that it was a bit too unnatural. I suppose it's fine for now, though. I actually finished this like a week or so ago, so this is kind of an overdue update, but I haven't really done much more since then, so whatever.
It's hard to say at this point.. What's her poly count, out of curiosity?
Still, texture her first. Models always look awkward before you texture them properly.

Edit: While I'm at it, I'm working on Katone, the girl Trainer from Pokemon heart gold at the moment. Nobody steal her, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom