• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
And the idea of model ripping from other games... I love it. It charges mah lazorz.
We could get the Poke-models from battle revolution, and some Trophy models from all Smash bros games.
I'm a little new to this, but is this true? That would be way cool.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Wow, how did I miss this? O_O
I've seen some models, so can't wait to see how this goes.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I got some progress on how far I've gotten with T-Posing Aryll. I still need to smooth her out and texture her (already unwrapped her), so I'm almost done. Then it's onto the rigorous task of rigging ;-;

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I got some progress on how far I've gotten with T-Posing Aryll. I still need to smooth her out and texture her (already unwrapped her), so I'm almost done. Then it's onto the rigorous task of rigging ;-;

Are you going to make Toon Zelda?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Oh also, that aryll isn't fully t posed, the skirt, legs, hair and hands don't look done.

Though rigging can be done, there will most probably be some texture stretching around the areas that you didn't fully t pose.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Is it possible to extract models from things like Assist Trophies or even Pokeballs? I'd love to be able to extract Sneasel and play as her/him.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Is anybody thinking of doing a Mallow model for Kirby? Geno for Toon Link? We need these models for the SMRPG project.

C'mon, Pharrox. Make us proud. And I hope you find a new job, luck to you. ;)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Oh also, that aryll isn't fully t posed, the skirt, legs, hair and hands don't look done.

Though rigging can be done, there will most probably be some texture stretching around the areas that you didn't fully t pose.
Yeah, I realized that as soon as I posted. I went back and fixed it a little, I need to stretch the fingers a little still, I'm done modeling for the night.

... I know that, but seeing as he has Wind Waker models, it would be fitting that he also have Toon Zelda, being that she's in Wind Waker.
I don't have the WW models actually. That's her Brawl trophy. I could get Toon Zelda though, it might take a little while.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Yeah, I realized that as soon as I posted. I went back and fixed it a little, I need to stretch the fingers a little still, I'm done modeling for the night.

I don't have the WW models actually. That's her Brawl trophy. I could get Toon Zelda though, it might take a little while.
Isn't she also a trophy?

Smash Ace
I started TZ a long time ago, i also have made tetra.

They are both not finished (tetra being pretty close and TZ being about 1 fifth done), but i may resume them sometime in the near future.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Cool proyects going around, cool that Megaman is being made.
Also I suggests all the modelers out there to backup their file in either a mediafire account or their personal email. This has already happened to VILE once, seeing all of your advance guys, you should consider this.

Smash Ace
Well i could protect my model from being extracted SSBExtract wise, but im not sure how i would protect it against brawlbox... wait actually...

Bionate

Smash Cadet
one of those guys you see jumping over stuff
Well i could protect my model from being extracted SSBExtract wise, but im not sure how i would protect it against brawlbox... wait actually...
If you make your model textures that hard to edit how can brawl read them? Also I'm now teaching myself how to edit models (tips always welcome) However i have no idea how to T-pose them or rig them or how to mess with bones so if anyone is interested i could make some models and someone who knows how to can do that stuff

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Might as well post what I've been working on.

On the left is the smoothed version (probably what will be used in Brawl). Arms are next; so far, so good.

This is an original character of mine (concept here) that I was originally modeling for other uses, but I suppose it would be cool to at least use her as an alt skin for a Brawl character (Marth? Zelda? Pit? Idk). :p

Made with Anim8or. I'll import it to Max when I rig it and such. I'm just so much more used to Anim8or's modeling environment than Max's (I probably need to fix that sometime, though). :p

When I finish this, next on the list is Edward Elric. ;)

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
I still have a standing request for any of the fighting polygons from SSB64.
http://img511.imageshack.us/i/polygonsdu4.jpg/
This thread is for requests unless a modeler requests so.

I've heard once we have the models, the animations would be the same as the character replacing it. I've also heard that Animation Hacking is gonna be possible but not with the original release. But I've heard some where that I think STUFF2 said that Animation Hacking was already out this week. Is this true?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
This thread is for requests unless a modeler requests so.

I've heard once we have the models, the animations would be the same as the character replacing it. I've also heard that Animation Hacking is gonna be possible but not with the original release. But I've heard some where that I think STUFF2 said that Animation Hacking was already out this week. Is this true?
Somewhat. We can use any animation from any character now.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
About the animation part, would we implement this to our characters by individual color slots or will they come out as PSA?

BTW, how close are we of individual color slot PSA?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
can u change final smashes with PSA?

also where do I find the thread that says how to use any animation from any character or assist trophie and wat not, Im gettin kinda lost in this forum

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Kef, we have been able to do that for a while...

Look at almas's clone engine.
That doesn't work, at least not the way your thinking, I've gotten it to work, but you can only load files from one extra folder, they're applied to all players, and they can't have psa overwrite just costume color slots

It's really not even worth it, I just pull out my SD card at the character select screen if I want to change a psa character

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
A while ago I posted some models from DanMod (or something like that). I think VILE said the injector could only use those models if they were a specific kind of file. So which is the kind of file the injector can inject so I can go look for some models.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
A while ago I posted some models from DanMod (or something like that). I think VILE said the injector could only use those models if they were a specific kind of file. So which is the kind of file the injector can inject so I can go look for some models.
I'm pretty sure it'll be injecting DAE files. And it's Garry'sMod, not DanMod.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
It's not so much that it needs to be the right type of file, but just a file that either is or can be converted to a file that is readable by 3ds Max. To my knowledge, the importer converts .DAE files, but most DAE files will have to be adjusted to fit Brawl correctly (bone renaming, etc).

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I've been gathering a list in my head, but it's probably important that we focus on nintendo chararacters, or characters that were in Wii/GC titles...

travis, no more heros
alex, etneral darkness
Vanessa, PN03
Soul Calibur
ayame, tenchu
lara croft
onnechanbara
krystal, star fox
resident evil, jill
jade, beyond good and evil

..then a bunch of junk that have nothing todo with nintendo :p

Blood roar girls