• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Quick Question: If you change the models, will the textures still work, or do you need new textures?

Just asking 'cause... don't textures not work with green hat Jigglypuff because it's a different model or something>

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Quick Question: If you change the models, will the textures still work, or do you need new textures?

Just asking 'cause... don't textures not work with green hat Jiggly puff because it's a different model or something>
that's because the texture file doesn't not contain colors for the Jiggly puff hat. if you were to make a model that contain ALL the same parts, and you only made minor modifications, then the normal textures would work, this is just a guess, though it's pretty accurate due to the model editing codes.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Like has been said many times before, the model for the character/costume is located in the same .PAC file as the texture, meaning it would be impossible to even attempt to use the Goku-Lucario texture on the Mewtwo model.

@Nerd_With_An_Afro, why would it really matter if there were 5+ Cloud models floating around? People can just use the models that they think are the best... I really don't see the point.

Also, should anyone even really be allowed to say "no that's my model you can't make textures for it or edit it )=<"? Since that's what we've been doing to Nintendo's models like forever. >_>

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
you did all those?

Master Chief = WIN
Krystal = WIN
Arbiter = WIN
Cloud Strife = WIN
Sephiroth = WIN

But Big Daddy, = SUPER WIN
I didnt mak the i just found them. I dont' know anything about the details and intricacies of model hacking so i just downloaded any cool models i could find. I'm hoping they can all be used

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
3 things annoy me about this topic.

A. idiots that keep posting colour variants.. WTF
B. morons that keep complaining about people making 2 mewtwo's
C. and the fact, the only other imagery, is images of models we already have.

~_~ maybe the name of this topic should have been called "useless stuff nobody cares about"

there was a topic last week that listed the top most wanted brawl characters. that topic had more relevance and content then the whole 5page of this one.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253065

^ that there is a good solid list of characters maintained in one easy to read topic.
this topic fails, it's full of ******** posts an hardly no work is being done.

I was hoping to see modeling projects, or atleast someone starting to collect the needed ripped models.

'~_~ *sigh

pokelover980

Smash Ace

~_~ maybe the name of this topic should have been called "useless stuff nobody cares about"

there was a topic last week that listed the top most wanted brawl characters. that topic had more relevance and content then the whole 5page of this one.

^ that there is a good solid list of characters maintained in one easy to read topic.

I was hoping to see modeling projects, or atleast someone starting to collect the needed ripped models.

'~_~ *sigh
Obviously you dudn't read the whole topic or you would have seen that Vile is modeling. And the people posting color variants are not idiots. They are posting suggestions for textures for models when they come out >.>

I was hoping to see some significance in your post, or at least you not hating everyone.

>.> *sigh*

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice

'~_~ *sigh
Yo, it was me who posted the color variansts. Sorry it bothered you and please dont call me an idiot man, people seemed to like them and they were even requesting for me more. I usually don't write this long hass posts but this really bothers me little bit. I think the author of the thread idea was mainly to put all the hype of the importer to this thread to keep the other thread clean.

The things you are complaining about are the ones such as me posting recolors, posting images about models we already have, or complaining about someting about mewtwo's 2 models, okay I am fine with that, people obviously have different opinions. ALL of the people that posted are just plain excited about the model, that's why VILE makes the models, I make some custom colors ideas, and many of our fellow Brawl fans also request/make an opinion/discuss about something.

The people post here also to not see threads like VILE's model or Kef's Alternate Custom ideas all over the board. I just wanted to clear that, and to everyone else, keep being excited about Pharrox's inyector because it is gonna be awesome :)

I hope I don't need to make more of this 'intelligent (:bee:)' posts anymore, well keep the hype up guys.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
I think the author of the thread idea was mainly to put all the hype of the importer to this thread to keep the other thread clean.
Yeah that was pretty much it.

However, I do agree with mariokart64n somewhat. I was kind of hoping people would be posting progress on models they were working on rather than just loading out giant lists of characters they want (admittedly, I am somewhat guilty of this myself) and posting recolors of official artwork.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
" Generic Model Discussion / Pharrox Model Converter Hype"

O_o some how I don't see the words "post colour swaps here"

come on guys, your telling me every page has something useful on it ?

>cause I failed to see any of it. OP is sloppy, and content is limited to just "talk"

I'm also working on a model, but between Vile and me, I don't think there are anymore active modelers.
and that's annoying cause more or less there isn't alot of constructive posts in this topic. either way I find this topic kinda of pointless. the OP should have set guidelines for posting, or maybe this whole topic was just made as a junk buffer? should have been renamed to "place yada yada here" I thought the idea was to collaborate on getting models together, organizing our new character lists and starting new character mdoeling projects..

btw few projects;

alot of them i started and abadoned, thats why I don't post progress. not unless something solid comes along.

i found this on DA, it might be cool to model aswell.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Ohh well sorry guys if no one wants to se my recolors no more, I just wanted to give some ideas to modelers out there:(

Well starting other type of comments.

@mariokart64n

It is really nice that you are working on models too. I don't know if you are going to keep doing these, but I love the Wargreymon idea and the MegamanX idea too.
If you are continuing with your proyects, Megaman's legs have 2 segments instead of one, one leg and spike as shown in one of your images shown behing the model.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
If I could "give" the OP to you, I would. I'm not really trying to defend the thread's current state by saying this, but I had originally left the topic as open as it is to attract the off-topic posts away from Pharrox's thread. So yeah, the thread in it's current state is pretty much a junk-buffer. :p I will see if I can update the OP with your suggestions and try to improve the sloppiness, as well as narrow the topic to a more model-based one.

Also, nice models.

Edit: This was aimed at mariokart64n, btw.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I'm also working on a model, but between Vile and me, I don't think there are anymore active modelers.
And me! I just don't post much. >.>

Awesome models so far btw, though I don't really recognize most of the characters. XD

And I'll prev. Roks when I get him textured, rigged, and t-posed, I swear. :p

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, going to sleep already.:)

But I am gonna let a little topic for tomorrow that I was thinking about.
For example, today we for example we texture things such as:
- Marth - Roy
- Kirby - Pac Man
- Link - Zero

etc.
But hve you think, the day for example Roy's model comes out, most Roy textures won't be used anymore, and that goes for more characters. Would you think that when models are out, will texture making will decrease a lot, won't we see the 'character costume(ex: marth as roy) ' textures anymore?

Think about it;)

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well since model makers are rare, there will still be a lot of texture hacking.

Someone is bound to make a marth texture on a roy model, i can feel it.

Smash Ace
Yes, but people who can rig at an advanced level are. The brawls bone structures are the second most advanced bones ive worked with, mainly because of the double boned single joints. I HATE working with double boned single joints, they are a pain.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
the extra bones are twist bones, which are there to help with bending limbs primarily. but if you've rigged your model good, you can usually get away with not using twist bones.

Smash Ace
I know what they are...

I just like to call them double bone single joints, it sounds smarter :p

I usually try not to use them, but if they are a must, i put them in.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
If someone for example, mariokart64, VILE, or Viquey etc. make a model, and I get the
.pac file, would I be able to extract it with Ash to texture it, or if we want to texture a model, we would have to ask the owner to do a texture of it?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
If someone for example, mariokart64, VILE, or Viquey etc. make a model, and I get the
.pac file, would I be able to extract it with Ash to texture it, or if we want to texture a model, we would have to ask the owner to do a texture of it?
that's one of the problems i tried approaching a few pages ago, though all that real happened was some random guy calling me a moron and Vile saying that it will be up to the creator. someone else also stated that some people just wont care and they will make it anyways, though this will be more approached in the future when its more important.

P.s: to answer the first part of the question, yes, you would be able to extract them and edit them UNLESS they were made so they couldn't be read by ash, smashbox, or other programs.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Afro :laugh:(hope i can cal ou like that:dizzy:)
Well either way I would rather use Lyn than a Zelda with green hair and blue clothes;)

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
@Afro
sensibly you can't stop it, so there's nothing any of us can do or say to prevent the circulation of content. once it's out there it's out there. and there always going to be some maggot out there doing the wrong thing with it.

I think all us modders are aware of this, so I don't get why you want to stick your memo on everyones forehead. O_o

personally I feel a great way to help lighten the situation would be to have some reward system here. like a reputation or thanks rating, like many other forums have.
that way your modders get recognition. so even if something does get taken, you don't have kids calling you "some random guy" in the credits

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
@Afro
sensibly you can't stop it, so there's nothing any of us can do or say to prevent the circulation of content. once it's out there it's out there. and there always going to be some maggot out there doing the wrong thing with it.

I think all us modders are aware of this, so I don't get why you want to stick your memo on everyones forehead. O_o

personally I feel a great way to help lighten the situation would be to have some reward system here. like a reputation or thanks rating, like many other forums have.
that way your modders get recognition. so even if something does get taken, you don't have kids calling you "some random guy" in the credits
totally agree

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
would anyone be mad knowing someone is editing a texture thatcame with someone else's model for their own personal use?
Because I would like to have a few color varients of a character
Probably when the model is released, the .pac file would be UNediable if the modeler doesn't want their work to be edited. If they don't care that their models are being edited, they would probably states on the thread or web page.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Hah, I'm T-Posing Aryll right now. Her telescope is going to be used in place of Toon Links sword XD

After that I'm going to try and make an original model of an original character named Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom