• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard 2.5: Preparing for Final Judgement

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Judgement Day is coming... and it's coming fast.

As you all now, as of Friday 4, 2008, the Japanese release of Brawl is less then a month (20 days). So I must adjust the graveyard. I taken out all of the speculated deconfirmations and left only the assists, pokeballs, and enemies categories. I may add new categories when the day comes, such as Trophies, Stickers, or Just Didn't Make it (worse fate of all).

The categories so far are:

Assist - Characters that appear in battlefield for a short time. Not playable.
Pokeball - Characters from the Pokemon series. Appear and execute a special attack. Not playable.
Enemy - Characters appears as grunts or Bosses in Subspace Emissary.
Background - Characters make cameos in stages.

The characters that appear here are those that where once so wildly speculated to be playable at one time, but just didn't make the cut. Pray that your hopefulls do not appear in this horrible thread.

The clock is ticking....

--------
Assist
--------

Hammer Bros.

Origin: Mario series
7/2/07

Samurai Goroh

Origin: F-Zero series
7/2/07

Lyn

Origin: Fire Emblem series
9/11/07

Mr. Resseti

Origin: Animal Crossing series
9/25/07

Jill

Origin: Drill Dozer
10/11/07

Little Mac

Origin: Punch-Out!! series
10/12/07

Saki

Origin: Sin & Punishment
10/13/07

Excitebiker

Origin: Excitebike
10/03/07

Gray Fox

Origin: Metal Gear series
11/7/07

Stafy

Origin: Densetsu no Stafy series
12/14/07

Waluigi

12/14/07

Sothe

Origin: Fire Emblem series
1/3/08

Duster

Origin: MOTHER series
1/3/08

Muddy Mole

Origin: Mole Mania
1/14/08

-----------
Pokeball
-----------

Deoxys

7/17/07

Munchalx

9/10/07

Gardevoir

10/12/07

Meowth

10/17/07

Darkrai

1/20/08

---------
Enemy
---------

Petey Piranha

8/24/07

R.O.B.

Origin: NES
9/19/07

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
---------------
Background
---------------

Ashley

Origin: WarioWare series
1/14/08

Tom Nook

7/13/07

K.K. Slider

7/13/07

-----------
Trophies
-----------

Ouendan Group

Origin: Ouendan series
1/16/07

Chibi-Robo

Origin: Chibi-Robo series
1/16/07

Dixie Kong

Origin: Donkey Kong series
10/10/07

Tingle

Origin: Zelda series
9/24/07

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Hammer Bro. and Excitebike should be there.

They did have supporters, you know.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*pays respects to deoxys again*

thank you deoxys. had it not been for you, I would have not have been the man I was today. you meant a lot to me. you may have been deconfirmed, but that wont deminish your legacy. I shall smash for your honor ;_; *puts down flowers*

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Poor poor poor Lil' Mac. And he had the potential to be a great Smash combatant. He doesn't deserve the punishment of being an assist trophy.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
This is a good thread, no doubts to that but I argue on Tingle being just a trophy. Also know that playable characters have trophies as well, and, Tingle can easily squeeze in a spot for his growing popularity in the U.S. and his already known Japan.
Oh and please don't say he couldn't have a good moveset, learn about his recent game and you'll know he can even wield a sword!

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Marth was said to be an Ike alt costume, but that information may not be fully correct.
Still, I would put him in the section where Ness is right now.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
I nominate to put Claus, Ridley, Geno, Tom Nook, Black Knight, Cloud, supporters to the graveyard.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Marth was said to be an Ike alt costume, but that information may not be fully correct.
Still, I would put him in the section where Ness is right now.
You might want to check the Marth thread (starting from about [post=3087158]here[/post]) on that. Theres several very good reasons to doubt it at this point.

Zevox

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
btw Lip's stick was in Melee too,she is not disconfirmed, plus just because there is a Dixie Trophy dosent mean shes out of brawl for good

KingDedede

Smash Rookie
Lip is in critical condition? Why? Because her holding her Lip's Stick when one appears an an item would trigger some sort of impossible time paradox? How is that situation any different than Mario holding said item when another one appears and is grabbed by Link? Or even if you truly believe this limits her to an AT status, what about her as an AT showing up when there is a Lip's Stick on the field?

I think the Lip's Stick as an item was just kept for the continuity of the SSB series, as every item in SSB 64 made it to SSBM (the only exception is the Bumper, which was pseudo-replaced by the flipper with near identicle effects and rolls), I wouldn't be surprised if every item in SSBM made it to SSBB. Removing an item to make way for a character just doesn't seem necessary if I may say so myself ...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd change that costume deconfirmation lower cap.... 40% is WAY too low as that suggests that there is still a greater than 50/50 chance that they are in... I mean thus far no characters that have been alt outfits have been playable in that game:
Daisy
Wario
Blood Falcon

dunno if there are more... but thus far, the effectiveness is 100%... drop lower end to 75% maybe but 40% is just pandering to wolf fans

.oh and my 2 cents about Lip:
samus's screw attack was an item in melee.

Now I'm not a lip supporter in any way shape or form, but lips's stick hardly put's lip in critical condition... sure it's less likely that she'll be in considering the stick would be her main weapon, but on the other side of things, including lip's stick shows that they recognize lip in the first place

Caael

Smash Lord
Trohpies dont deconfirm anything

**** GUYS THERES A PEACH TROPHY SHE'S DECONFIRMED

And who the funk is Saki?

I nominate to put Claus, Ridley, Geno, Tom Nook, Black Knight, Cloud, supporters to the graveyard.
I nominate to put little Mac in the graveya- OH WAIT

But Cloud needs to burn in hell. Not just hell, but overrated hell, where master chief and Chuck Norris both lie.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And who the funk is Saki?
He (yes, he) is a character from Sin and Punishment.

I love how this is set up and that only the assist trophies are 100% deconfirmed. That's what bothered me about Nook. The old thread acted like there was no way he was in.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I'd change that costume deconfirmation lower cap.... 40% is WAY too low as that suggests that there is still a greater than 50/50 chance that they are in... I mean thus far no characters that have been alt outfits have been playable in that game:
Daisy
Wario
Blood Falcon

dunno if there are more... but thus far, the effectiveness is 100%... drop lower end to 75% maybe but 40% is just pandering to wolf fans
Can't verify this claim myself at the moment, but apparently, Mario has a Luigi costume in SSBM... and Luigi was playable... so, yeah...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Can't verify this claim myself at the moment, but apparently, Mario has a Luigi costume in SSBM... and Luigi was playable... so, yeah...
Actually, he has a Luigi costume in all the SSB games (and Luigi is in each and every one too). You can see the Brawl one in this video, and of course just check the old games for the others.

Zevox

EPX2

Smash Ace
Yeah, I heard that he's had that costume in every SSB, I've just never noticed it myself. I would check SSB/M myself if it were possible, but at this point in time, it's not, sadly.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Look, I don't like Wolf and I don't want him in Brawl but this does nothing to deconfirm him.
Do you remember how terribly boring Fox's outfits are in Melee? They have to give him SOMETHING new. Also I don't think it would be too hard to make him look like Wolf fully.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Hmm, may they rest in- WTF!!! Where the $##% did you come up with the odd idea that ness was deconfirmed. *points at Lucas* And you stfu!!! one reason! all I want!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like this graveyard thread much better.

Whether Wolf is deconfirmed or not is anybody's guess until Brawl released. Personally, I think his chances gone to zero.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
haven't seen his new recolour myself, but he's never had luigi's colours yet... I mean he has a green outfit for greet team and luigi has a red outfit for red team in both games alreasy out, but neither outfit looks like the counterpart's main outfit... I doubt this case is any different... and if it is, Luigi isn't confirmed in brawl yet so it wouldn't affect the 100% accuracy of costumes for decomfirmation thus far

Top Bottom