• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It'll be easier to find a song if that list was organized by stages.
That would make it even more annoying to find a particular song, imo.

btw, I think that list on the OP is pretty obsolete by now, at least half of the stuff there leads to dead links, and almost everything else can be found at http://brawlcustommusic.com... There are stuff that still can't be found on the site, because they either were removed, or just weren't uploaded... but yeah...

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Lately I've been playing the Mega Man classic series on the Game Boy, and I wanted to try and make BRSTMs of the so-high pitched songs from Mega Man II. Only problem : the GBS rip sounds different from what is actually in the game. Let's take Magnet Man's stage song for example :

GBS rip (BCM is down, so I uploaded the BRSTM on Mediafire in the mean time)

The actual song

Now this can be remedied by ripping the songs themselves from the game, but I'm not sure if this will work for every song in the game :/

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Lately I've been playing the Mega Man classic series on the Game Boy, and I wanted to try and make BRSTMs of the so-high pitched songs from Mega Man II. Only problem : the GBS rip sounds different from what is actually in the game. Let's take Magnet Man's stage song for example :

GBS rip (BCM is down, so I uploaded the BRSTM on Mediafire in the mean time)

The actual song

Now this can be remedied by ripping the songs themselves from the game, but I'm not sure if this will work for every song in the game :/
Wait, your GBS rip has absolutely NO percussion and sounds lower pitched...

It's an issue with the GBS plugin. And there's only ONE plugin that has very bad issues in playback...

NEZPlug.

Simply put, you should either download foobar2000 and install the in_gep plugin which can play multiple game rip formats (not streamed), OR download this: http://offgao.no-ip.org/program/nezplug++.zip

This is how it sounds with in_gep and foobar2000:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/31307

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Nice quality indeed. I suppose the GBS file you picked wasn't from Zophar's Domain ?

I also suppose there isn't a proper GBS plugin for Winamp ? That'd help a bit, because while converting the GBS file to a GB file then extracting the songs via Visual Boy Advance is fun, it might take longer than one woud expect.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm*

Flame? GBS rips are the same. The GBS rip from Zophar's Domain is EXACTLY the same as the one from HCS64, or joshw.info.

I've already said it. It's NOT the GBS. It's the plug-in. And try not being old-fashioned and use foobar2000. Game Emu Plugin is a single plug-in that supports GBS, SPC, VGM, NSF, and a few others. But not, USF, PSF, PSF2, 2SF, DSF, 3SF or GSF.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hi guys,

I uploaded a couple songs here before, mostly just personal favorites.

But I'm at a dilemna at the moment... can you guys identify and tell me where this song is from?

https://soundcloud.com/krystedez/n03-unknown-brstm-music

I don't know where I got it exactly but I suspect I had gotten it from the music hub here because I certainly didn't make it myself. It was on my friend's SD card still and he's been wanting to know what game it's from or what...

If you guys can tell me and it happens to not be on this list, I'll personally remake it or post the original brstm. But if it IS on the list... PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS OMG it's killing me!!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't know the response (although it sounds definetly awesome), but you can also ask here, probably someone over there knows it.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

Flame? GBS rips are the same. The GBS rip from Zophar's Domain is EXACTLY the same as the one from HCS64, or joshw.info.

I've already said it. It's NOT the GBS. It's the plug-in. And try not being old-fashioned and use foobar2000. Game Emu Plugin is a single plug-in that supports GBS, SPC, VGM, NSF, and a few others. But not, USF, PSF, PSF2, 2SF, DSF, 3SF or GSF.
I have barely heard of HCS64 and joshw.info, so I wouldn't know if the GBS files have been ripped in different ways or not. Next, 3DS game music is confirmed to be 3SF ? Gotta look for a plugin and some 3SF files of Resident Evil Revelations ! :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If there were native rips of 3DS games, I'd be all over them. Too bad we haven't fully decrypted 3DS ROMs yet.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Now for something that IS related.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a Mario Kart Wii BRSTM set, that has a "corrupt" version of the Maple Treeway "Fast" BRSTM?
For some reason, it's only 53 seconds, it only has 2 channels, and it's only 32000 Hz, BUT it's almost 7 MB.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Okay, now to move on from that whole Super Craft Bros Brawl thing (which I might bring up in a new thread since I think we can use it for various stuff for the site,...., which I'll explain in that thread once I get around to making it) and onto the actual discussion.

@Soneek

Since we've gotten all of the brstms back online, I've been wondering if you have any planned for the site. My main interest is finishing off some of the games brstm lists, like pokepark 2 for instance (the main one being the crag area themes). If you need help with that one, I'll see what I can find.

@Segtendo

You said you would be all over brstms of games on the 3DS if there were native rips for them. Were there any 3DS games that you had in mind?

@darksamus77

I looked at the games list and saw that star wars episodes 2 through 6 were on there? Do you know how they were put on? Also, do you think we should remove them to be on the safe side? I really am not interested in having to go through another situation that we're currently recovering from,..., and I think TUK would agree with me there.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Segtendo

You said you would be all over brstms of games on the 3DS if there were native rips for them. Were there any 3DS games that you had in mind?
I'd love to have quality rips of Mario Kart 7's music and, eventually, Pokemon X/Y.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I'd love to have quality rips of Mario Kart 7's music and, eventually, Pokemon X/Y.
I had a feeling that you'd bring it up. Personally, for the pokemon X/Y soundtrack,..., if it was me, I'd wait for Pokemon Z to come out as well. (It's speculated that that'd be the third game to go with the pair,..., mainly as both a joke and trivia to the gameplay and the battles being 3D as opposed to the original game sprites.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The SIMPLE answer as to why those Star Wars songs are back on...

They were uploaded...
They were then automatically backed up...
They were THEN deleted...
The site goes BOOM
The site is restored
The backup is eventually restored (INCLUDING some deleted songs)

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
The SIMPLE answer as to why those Star Wars songs are back on...

They were uploaded...
They were then automatically backed up...
They were THEN deleted...
The site goes BOOM
The site is restored
The backup is eventually restored (INCLUDING some deleted songs)
:nervous: Eeeeh,...., you are aware that Lucas Arts is very picky about copy right material,..., right? If so, please remove those brstms from the site before it gets a good smacking from George Lucas. I don't think we want to go through the trouble that we had that little saga of revamping the site, or worse yet, the end of the site.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Don't tell me or anyone what to do.

Why should I remove them? Soneek's the one that should remove them.

And another thing, soneek... this stupid "no real songs" rule...

At what freaking point does a song become "NOT a real song"?

What makes it NOT OK to upload a BRSTM of .... something like a Killers song, or whatever... BUT some how it's PERFECTLY to upload BRSTMs of Never Gonna Give You Up, that russian song about being 'glad to be coming home', and even Gangnam Style?

JUST because a song is a "novelty song"... or even if it just happens to be "extremely popular on YouTube", it does not suddenly make it "not a real song".

Surfin' Bird is a real song, released in 1963. It might be stupid and funny in one's opinion, BUT... just because it became some kind of meme relating to Family Guy at some point... it would NOT make it allowed to be on the site.

Now GET RID OF GANGNAM STYLE! IT'S A REAL SONG YOU IDIOT!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Obvious answer is obvious, but a song "is not real" if it's in a game. However, in some cases, like Rock n' Roll Racing, it uses covers of real songs as the game's songs.

And if you want to get rid of the real songs, just delete the "Other" section. That's where people have been throwing them.

On another note, I have AAX files from Bayonetta.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But not ALL the songs are 'real' infact honestly, probably only 30% at most are "real songs".

And Segtendo, it was you (or maybe Segatendo) who uploaded the PSY ones, right?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yes. I made the Gangnam Style BRSTMs.

And I guess you're right about that not all of them are "real songs."

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, should the following songs be exceptions to the rule, just because they are either very popular on the internet, "not English", or even the subject of an internet meme?

Never Gonna Give You Up
Surfin' Bird
Caramelldansen
The Hampsterdance Song
Scatman (+ other Scatman John songs)
Gangnam Style
Macarron Chacarron

But what's worse?
Some idiot uploaded "DEV - In the Dark" ... that's as "normal song" as you can get.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, long time no see. It's been a while since I've been able to check back here.

My opinion on the what songs should be allowed issue: For the most part, only songs from video games should be allowed. Stuff like "Never Going to Give You Up" might be okay, but it's still kinda iffy.

On another note, I don't remember if I posted my MIDI version of Wind Waker's Ocean music before I disappeared.
https://soundcloud.com/moosehunter-1/zww-ocean

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Let's just say "**** happened" and BRSTMs2 was shut down. Don't wanna get into the reason why. We're on BRSTMs5 right now, with full 30 minute extensions.

And 2 other things.
1. In Core FTP LE, when I try to access the FTP of the site, it asks me if I should "update cached key." Should I?
Edit: Well, I clicked yes, and it keeps asking me for the ID and password. Has it changed?
2. Is it possible to fix the error where it shows a little "error" box when approving updates?

soneek

Smash Ace
Let's just say "**** happened" and BRSTMs2 was shut down. Don't wanna get into the reason why. We're on BRSTMs5 right now, with full 30 minute extensions.

And 2 other things.
1. In Core FTP LE, when I try to access the FTP of the site, it asks me if I should "update cached key." Should I?
Edit: Well, I clicked yes, and it keeps asking me for the ID and password. Has it changed?
2. Is it possible to fix the error where it shows a little "error" box when approving updates?
Messaged the new password.

So, has there been anything new going on, or have there been any new issues or anything?
Only real issue is the site response being extremely slow at times through a browser. We hadn't figured out why. :/

Also, ads are barely doing anything anymore, so I scrapped those and added donation links. Those should probably work better.

soneek

Smash Ace
Wait, BrawlBRSTMs2 got banned for uploading stuff from Family Guy?
Someone raged on idiots and closed the channel. The upside is that he opened a new one with the same email, so it was easy to restart uploads.

You can come by IRC if you have time.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Ahh. I was wondering if that was the case since it had the same email, but then I checked the email and the last things mentioning BrawlBRSTMs2 were emails saying that some videos with content from Family Guy were blocked.

BTW, I sorted out the email and put new filters in place to match the new youtube email format.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Does that mean my Kon music will be wiped out, too? :c
Ok... I guess I can always use this thread's format, mediafire and coded titles :p

Top Bottom