• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

byron

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even mean anything (negative) in my sarcastic post. I was just pointing out that the last 5 billion posts in this topic are mostly about the site.

And the whole "I'm new", yet, having joined in 2008? 100 posts, or 5000 posts, it shouldn't matter, you still could have at least been looking at topics for all I knew...

Anyway, it's over now.
Its my fault for not reading the thread properly. I'm new to project m and skimmed through the thread and didn't notice that people have been using that site since the stone age.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
They don't need to?
The site is for the main purpose of sharing (methinks), when we convert music into brstm's, it is for the sake of sharing (at least I do), and while it would be nice to add somewhere "brstm creater/converter" or "you can get the brsmt here", there is really no need to do that because we don't look for any kind of advertisement; we just convert stuff for others to enjoy.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There are TWO main reasons for Brawl Custom Music, and BRSTMs in general.

1. To put in games that use BRSTMs, e.g. Brawl, NSMBWii, Mario Kart Wii (which is the original purpose infact, hence why it's called Brawl Custom Music

2. The other reason, and possibly ironically the most common reason, is simply to be able to listen to video game music for literally any length of time..... well, at least for as long as it exists.... :p

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Okay, why are all the BRSTMs preview switched around ? I attempted to listen to some Shadowgate (NES) songs, only to hear a song from Wario Land 2, a jingle from Super Mario Bros. 2 and a song from Star Wars.

Soneek, if you screwed around with BCM to troll us the day the world ends (aka, today), well done O___O

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Soneek told me this on Facebook:
TUK and I decided to troll for the "apocalypse"

every preview on the site is randomized

unless you're an admin or mod
And the comments? Priceless. Everyone noticed.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Because then it wouldn't be a prank! Genius!

How many pranks have you heard, where people TELL you that they're going to prank you?

"I'm going to give you a link to a Rick Astley video but pretend it's something else"

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

1337 downloads, like a boss.
And before anyone breaks it, I already saved the image and I might make it my sig.

Having 71 brstms there, though, reminded me I have many stored brstm's between unedited, unlooped, unconverted and unuploaded (I don't care if some of those are not even words, I just made them up).

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't there be something like to show it's BCM? (Like to the left of the 'old' one?) Just saying...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I didn't make it it was... Ijah? Or Segtendo? I forget.

I'm assuming he's going to at least have the background have a BCM logo or something.

This isn't the final design, just a kind of preview just to show the basic idea....

I've asked soneek (as he was the only one available at the time) about also adding the 'game', as in your case, "Dialga's Fight To the Finish!" might be slightly more obvious in that it's obviously a Pokemon Game, but what if your last one was simply "Title", or "Boss"? You'd have no idea what it was :p

It could also include one or two other details, such as when you registered, and stuff.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Soneek was the one who designed and implemented these things. I suggested that the white bar be different cuz it's pretty bland.

soneek

Smash Ace
So I wrote a script for automatically detecting broken songs on the site. If there's more than 8 seconds of silence, it'll be marked as broken. It's running now, and should be finished within the 12 hours. There will be songs that fade in and out naturally, so they'll be marked incorrectly. We'll have to go through and verify later.

The broken songs will be red in the game pages.

Broken Songs on BCM

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
question

I have a brstm file that plays on certain stage, but about 10 seconds in, the music messes up and gets mixed up with other in game music.

anyone know the problem??

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
question

I have a brstm file that plays on certain stage, but about 10 seconds in, the music messes up and gets mixed up with other in game music.

anyone know the problem??
Get a defragmentation program, like Defraggler, and defrag your SD card.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, I'd like to know what the threshold for the "silence" that soneek mentions, because generally silence should be anything below about -25 or -30 dB

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thread re-opened. Let there be peace.

FINALLY getting back on topic, I'm working on Anarchy Reigns' music for the past 2 days.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Somehow this thread is more active again...

Personally I couldn't have done it without me..... so I must thank me, and I must also thank myself....

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thank god. I can post now.

I wanted to say that I finished up my portion of the Anarchy Reigns music.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
To those who are in the sites' skype group, meet me there when you have the time. I've found some youtube videos with download links to music that I think would make great BRSTMs.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Umm...
Thanks for the info Alaric.
Instead of telling us about them, you should learn how to make them. They're damn easy to make.

Top Bottom