• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Well, that would be all the pending songs. I rejected ones with non-seamless loops or ones that I felt could have been quite a few seconds earlier (sometimes when I loop a song and the first possible loop point is tricky, I'll make one a few seconds later, personally) and had my username at the end of the rejected ones. Hope I did it right, but I did listen to most of the loops and approved the soundtracks (Pikmin 2 and Link's Awakening, namely) that I felt were looped properly since the first few songs I listened to were seamless. Anyways, good night and I hope that helped.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, that would be all the pending songs. I rejected ones with non-seamless loops or ones that I felt could have been quite a few seconds earlier (sometimes when I loop a song and the first possible loop point is tricky, I'll make one a few seconds later, personally) and had my username at the end of the rejected ones. Hope I did it right, but I did listen to most of the loops and approved the soundtracks (Pikmin 2 and Link's Awakening, namely) that I felt were looped properly since the first few songs I listened to were seamless. Anyways, good night and I hope that helped.
What did you do for the BRSTMs listed as "Other"? I was asking soneek the other day, about what we should do about that section, since there are a lot of rubbish BRSTMs in that section, in my opinion.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
What did you do for the BRSTMs listed as "Other"? I was asking soneek the other day, about what we should do about that section, since there are a lot of rubbish BRSTMs in that section, in my opinion.
Well, I approved the ones with good loops. In terms of that section, though, I agree that it requires a major cleanup. Some songs need to be merged into other games and others need to be deleted outright. Also, some "games" also need to be deleted if we're taking all of the anime/cartoon/movie/etc songs off of the site.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been waiting for the day Soneek implements this. However, he suggests we use some of the bogus ones for actual games.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I have a question. See (or hear) this piece of music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYf_twy3n24

I want to make a BRSTM out of it, but, I don't want to use YouTube videos (and none of the two videos that have that music on it, have an links at all, to download). The question is... how do I get that music? In otherwords, how does one "extract" audio from "facebook games" (i.e. flash.... etc)? Note, I use Chrome.... so, anything that requires Firefox, or IE, and so on.... no thanks.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I also have a question regarding "the site". Is it just me, or did it suddenly become extremely mindbogglingly popular? I mean... with uploaders? I swear you could empty the pending list, completely, then just two days later... it's got 148 pending songs.

Here's a suggestion. Guys? Stop uploading so much at once :( It ironically, makes me not feel like approving or rejecting (when necessary) so many BRSTMs, which is ironic, since I then moan about no one doing it.

It's a bit of a catch-22.

People upload so much, so quickly, that it gets tiring doing any moderating of the pending uploads, which, in turn leads to me complaining about the lack of moderating. The catch-22 being in the sense of "being in a situation where, what you want, can only be achieved by not being in that situation", as the situation is "there are two many BRSTMs", and what I want, is to "not have so many BRSTMs to approve/reject", and that can only happen, by "not having two many BRSTMs" by approving them before... yeah.

What I'm saying is... I swear the pending list fills up much quicker than usual these days.

It's hard to tell from this graph, but when you look at the very end, you can see the line gets steeper at the very end:

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
And the award to most unstable site on the internet for "never being up for more than about 2 months at a time" goes to....

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
MySQL is the world's second most widely used relational database management system. The "My" in MySQL is not as in "This is my SQL", but named after My Widenius, the daughter of co-founder Michael Midenius. Obviously SQL is Structured Query Language.

A MySQL error, is literally, an error in Michael Widenius's Structured Query Language relational database management system.

:p

The most recent stable release is 5.6.23, released on February 2, 2015.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It was easy. I took the original logo into Illustrator and traced over it. Probably gonna fix the gradient on all but the S. They seem to be at the same level in all of them. I think a clipping mask would work better.

I can't get on to the FTP right now. I let soneek know so I can update the logo on the site.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I wish I could get to the FTP because I'd loves to upload logos :p

But until then, I can just send you a few trillion logos, right? :p

OK, not a few trillion.... there have only been probably about 200,000 video games ever released.... ever, on the planet, since .... 1971.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I encountered a dreaded MySQL error when I was starting to approve/reject pending songs. Oh well, perhaps another day when the site's not acting up, I'll be able to filter through the rest.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Weird. Didn't see the first post about it. Done.

I'm curious. How do people get away with uploading Square stuff, yet we suffer from the strikes?

I've uploaded a song from The World Ends With You on my channel, yet I've suffered nothing.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
No idea. And anyway.... who is to blame? Square Enix? Or YouTube's very crappy and obviously fixed content ID system? Fixed NOT meaning "not broken", but.... like .. the other type of fixed.

And regarding the site....

Soneek? How much money would it cost to purchase a host, that isn't ****, and isn't as unstable as Windows Me that has been affected by the worst computer virus known to computers, and also isn't sometimes decently fast, but also most of the time, far, FAR too slow for 2015's standards of technology?

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, seriously? Who the **** does that **** Djps510 think he is?
He LITERALLY uploaded BRSTMs of Disc 1 of the Super Smash Bros. soundtrack (the one you get from Club Nintendo?).... and they aren't looped.... yeah. He literally ripped the CD, converted to BRSTM and uploaded.

What the **** is his problem?

Newsflash you ****ing terrorist **** faced ****s!

BRAWLCUSTOMMUSIC IS FOR UPLOADED LOOPED BRSTM FILES PRIMARILY FOR INSERTING IN GAMES THAT SUPPORT SAID MUSIC! IT IS NOT A FILE HOST SITE TO STORE YOUR PERSONAL ****ING *********** CRAPPY BRSTM FILES!

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/brstm/56111

Listen to that.

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
OK, seriously? Who the **** does that **** Djps510 think he is?
He LITERALLY uploaded BRSTMs of Disc 1 of the Super Smash Bros. soundtrack (the one you get from Club Nintendo?).... and they aren't looped.... yeah. He literally ripped the CD, converted to BRSTM and uploaded.

What the **** is his problem?

Newsflash you ****ing terrorist **** faced ****s!

BRAWLCUSTOMMUSIC IS FOR UPLOADED LOOPED BRSTM FILES PRIMARILY FOR INSERTING IN GAMES THAT SUPPORT SAID MUSIC! IT IS NOT A FILE HOST SITE TO STORE YOUR PERSONAL ****ING *********** CRAPPY BRSTM FILES!

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/brstm/56111

Listen to that.
I noticed that lol, we already have the full SSBU soundtrack too

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
All songs on pending are now cleared, minus one update that I couldn't reject for some reason, but it had terrible audio quality. Morons will be morons, and it doesn't surprise me that someone is so naive that they think making BRSTMs is that simple.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
BRSTM making isn't too hard. You just need to find good quality rips.

And thank you darksamus. You are a lifesaver.

Last edited:

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
Does anyone know what exactly causes a BRSTM to make a cracking sound? It really bothers me...

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
All songs on pending are now cleared, minus one update that I couldn't reject for some reason, but it had terrible audio quality. Morons will be morons, and it doesn't surprise me that someone is so naive that they think making BRSTMs is that simple.
Wow, now I feel sorta bad for uploading... eh, it has to be done. IF THE SITE WILL LOAD...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I forgot, did you do the Wii Sports/Resort BRSTMs? There was another game that had a load of BRSTMs pending ... maybe it was Kirby and the Rainbow Curse... but I'm sure that wasn't you :p.

Also, darksamus, this has been known for years, but was never fixed.... Rejecting "updates". I can't remember if it's a case of "soneek can't be bothered" or "soneek doesn't know how", or maybe a bit of both, i.e. "soneek doesn't know how, and can't be bothered to find out how :p" lololol.

Also... http://vgmdb.net/album/51219 \o/

I know we have BRSTMs. I'm just pointing out that they're releasing an OST for it... becuase I'm interested on how variations are applied.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Wow, now I feel sorta bad for uploading... eh, it has to be done. IF THE SITE WILL LOAD...
No worries, the more the site has, the better, IMO. Just as long as people follow the guidelines, because otherwise, we can have some issues.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
^ This is why I should have the ability to delete videos. It saves soneek and Segtendo time if they're too busy.

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
brawlcustommusic(dot)com/56175 (as I haven't made 10 posts yet I can't post links lol) This BRSTM I uploaded seems to be stuck processing, as it was (somehow) uploaded when the site was acting extremely unstable. I want to be able to delete this and reupload so that it can get out of processing, but the delete button won't respond.

...help?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, this will be somewhat strange, but I went to the pending list, highlighted a "Reject" button, clicked Inspect Element, changed the number to 56175, and then clicked reject. Guess what? It rejected your song. So yay.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Minor glitch, my songs were successfully uploaded and everything, but I didn't receive any notifications on my profile when they were accepted.

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Obviously, but I've never had that happen before. Just thought I'd report. I actually just got the notifications.

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been playing the XBLA version of Jet Set Radio recently, and I downloaded the game from 360ISO so I could rip the music.

The songs are in OGG, and are structured like the Dreamcast version, with all the songs broken up and with variations that lead into other songs.

The Dreamcast files were all mono ADX files, while the OGG's in the HD port are stereo! :D

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Woohoo!!!

BTW, is anyone able to get a nice quality rip of the London Philharmonic Orchestra's Candy Crush Soda Saga main level theme thingy?

Top Bottom