• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: A True Spectator Sport

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Gambling!! lol.

Luv this. I bet that I will get some money from my friends by betting with this mode. Awesome.
Like lol dude, you can also donate plasma to earn extra cash. And you would even be doing something constructive and helpful to others. No wai!

GenG

Smash Lord
Watching fights is cool.

But even cooler is to participate.

I'd rather participate and lose in a lame way than just watch.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
1. Ya it would be cool to be watching one of these and then BAM, you suddenly realise that WOAH thats ME

2.If you knew who was involved in this match, it would seem pretty cool, considering that people all over could watch tournament matches and bet on them...people could kill over rigged matches...chaos

3.Think for a moment, if these matches are sent into Nintendo, and they decide which matches we see, they are obviosly gonna pick the BEST ones, which means the matches we get to see, will be high quality, awesome combo fests full of awesomeness

GenG

Smash Lord
Well that's just you. Not everyone is like you, you know?
Are you trying to argue than watching is better than participating and enjoying a fight in first person? You don't have to win to enjoy a fight.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This is actually a good update. I cant believe some people dont like this update. If there is nothing good on TV, or you want to eat and watch other smashers play, I doubt you can eat and play smash at the same time.

I

i8waffles612

This update is very nice. Too bad it doesnt show players name... maybe if u call up a friend or something and tell him which character you will be, then your friend will know which player is you and bet on you. ^^

ehhh im bored sorry lol

D

Deleted member

Sonic could have looked up

Then again, Zelda would've slapped him

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I'm tired of you smash fans in denial, this update is terrible.

We don't even have the option to pick what characters or stage we will watch. We don't get to choose if we're watching people play with items. Seriously, I would have rather had everything but the coins. We don't have the option to watch a good player, or a bad player. I mean at least we could have been able to pick which stage to watch on. But you can't even bet logically with these stupid rules.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
You don't have to be a true fan to appreciate every update. Football is my favorite sport, does that mean to be a true Football fan I have to like all 32 teams? This whole week was pathetic for updates.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
We don't even have the option to pick what characters or stage we will watch. We don't get to choose if we're watching people play with items. Seriously, I would have rather had everything but the coins. We don't have the option to watch a good player, or a bad player. I mean at least we could have been able to pick which stage to watch on. But you can't even bet logically with these stupid rules.
It actually makes the GAMBLING PART OF IT better, because due to not knowing guessing is harder and not based upon skill and what not. For Example, you bet 100 Coins on Snake, who turns out to be Top-Teir. I then bet 50 Coins on a Donkey Kong who supposebly turned out to be worst. Due to the Really good DK and the Bad Snake, DK wins and I get 110 Coins, and your prediction, assumed on teirs, were wrong. It removes Teirs and Players from consideration, making you GUESS. It's not like you instantly know that you'll be handed a Jack and an Ace in BlackJack, same applies for Brawl.

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised at how many haters there are on this update. People are saying they're not going to buy a game to watch other people play...yea, obviously. Don't worry, you'll get your money's worth. Spectator is simply a cool side feature thats going to make Brawl just a little bit better.

I guarantee that smashboards will have a Spectator forum where we'll have a chance to interact and discuss the matches that air. That could be interesting. Also, people that are new to the game can see how other people play and improve their own game.

D

Deleted member

Tis week's updates didn't hold as much quality as the updates from october.

Now THAT's stating something.
But there were some good updates in October *cough*Sonic's confirmation*cough*

Now actually talking about he update:

I actually hope to use this Spctator mode once in a while.

M.K

Level 55
Ugh, who CARES about this update. If you were a n00b player, why the f*ck would you pick up the **** game and go online? This is so lame, if I wanted to "Watch" a match, I'd set them in VS. Mode.

I'm sorry, but this week sucked worst than "You Must Recover, A$$Hole!"

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of this but why not take it one step further and allow players to access and rate games in a large database. All the games would be sent to this database (if the player chooses to send it). Then to watch a game a player can simply access the database and select the game he chooses. From the update it seems that a random game is picked from the database and that is the game you must watch. In other words you have no choice of game to see. As far as gamer tags. I would say that a person should be given a choice of whether they want to have their tag displayed. Then this would make it easier to seperate the good players from the bad. No one wants to see a game between 2 poor players. Thats just my 2 cents...

Percon

Smash Lord
Wow... there are lovers and haters, and I understand both points of view completely.

Nintendo didn't really get too advanced with this. It's a very bare-bones feature. You can't control what you watch and stuff. Yeah, no good.

BUT, it's better than watching CPUs duke it out by a mile. I think you guys underestimate the amount of good players that will be online. When I got PBR, I expected a whole bunch of noobs online but about 90% of them knew about advanced strategies. I believe it will be the same thing here. Also, gambling and stickers are kind of cool. >_>

Yeah, not everyone will use this, and I understand completely. Though, I think this will get some fair use from me. The first week after this comes out, I'll never leave my room. But when I eat, I can't play, so the next best thing is watching matches. Eh.

And did anyone ever think of leaving this on while you slept? You'd A) Subconsciously get better at the game B)Collect a lot of stickers

Unless it requires button input between fights. Which is very, very probable.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You don't have to be a true fan to appreciate every update. Football is my favorite sport, does that mean to be a true Football fan I have to like all 32 teams? This whole week was pathetic for updates.
You win.

The last 3 weeks haven't been so well, have they?

Whatever.

I also think that last sticker looks like Silver. Definately.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
It actually makes the GAMBLING PART OF IT better, because due to not knowing guessing is harder and not based upon skill and what not. For Example, you bet 100 Coins on Snake, who turns out to be Top-Teir. I then bet 50 Coins on a Donkey Kong who supposebly turned out to be worst. Due to the Really good DK and the Bad Snake, DK wins and I get 110 Coins, and your prediction, assumed on teirs, were wrong. It removes Teirs and Players from consideration, making you GUESS. It's not like you instantly know that you'll be handed a Jack and an Ace in BlackJack, same applies for Brawl.
You don't mindlessly bet in blackjack and poker.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't even understand this update. Do you actually watch matches as they're going on, or do you just watch a prerecorded match?

It would be better if Spectators could join in on the next game and the losers would have to sit out and watch. The winner would keep playing and the other players would switch out each match. That would be really cool.

The betting thing would be good if you could actually tell who the players were. Without that it's just dumb.

What would be really good is betting coins on your own matches.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Reading through what the update said several times, I came to a believe that we watch MATCHES that are going on at that VERY MOMENT!

This picture is what made to believe this.

I think you decide if you want people watching in on your matches.

saud

Smash Lord

Ok, I just zoomed in on the sticker and am posting the comparison.

Same shoes, has bangles on his arms, has blue color on his hands and feet, and similar hair style.

Hard to tell if the eyes, mouth and nose are the same though.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I just zoomed in on the sticker and am posting the comparison.

Same shoes, has bangles on his arms, has blue color on his hands and feet, and similar hair style.

Hard to tell if the eyes, mouth and nose are the same though.
You know, those pictures look slightly different. His right foot
is pointing in a different direction and his left hand is raised...do you think Silver is an AT?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I don't understand the "I didn't buy the game to watch!" reasoning.

well, no crap you didn't buy it to watch. nowhere in this update forces you to watch the game. it's obviously a feature you can either easily pass over or enjoy when you aren't playing.

he already knows what you're buying it for, but what makes this feature completely useless? honestly, you people are so friggin' close-minded.

Top Bottom