• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: A True Spectator Sport

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I still find this pointless and won't waste time using it. Nintendo fails at online once again. And this is the worst week of updates ever. Might as well get used to it.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
While on reflection, I liked this idea, my intial reaction was: "AWW, LAME! GAAH! WORST WEEK EVER!"
yeah tru...this week was pretty much bleh...................hopefully it wont be like that before, during and after Thanksgiving day...

I still find this pointless and won't waste time using it. Nintendo fails at online once again. And this is the worst week of updates ever. Might as well get used to it.
dude....u can gamble for coins in this game...how can u find that pointless?

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Meh, when it comes to spectating I'd think it would be better to have a lobby system. Either way should be interesting to watch a match every now and then.

Wait, you can bet coins?
That's not going to help my gambling addiction.

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone think that you only earn coins and stickers from bets in spectator mode? I think you can earn more that just that. If you bet on a winner, you'll earn coins, rare stickers, and rare trophies.
If you lose, you might only get common, run-of-the-mill stickers that are everywhere.

Of course, if your pick wins, your coin count will increase! And the more players there are in a match, the higher the payout. There may even be extra prizes.
Higher payout when there's more players is understandable, since it makes guessing harder.

Does anyone reconize the six stickers from that pic?

D

Deleted member

Hey what's that sticker on the far right? It looks like...

Compare and contrast. Right now.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
You guys are so annoying.

I think it would be fun to just turn it on spectator mode when i have to do homework or something, and betting to get coins could make it alot more exciting if you want your character to win.

"Waste of space" wtf? At least explain with good reason how its a waste of space!

Just because no names are introduced doesn't mean its a waste of space.

Would you rather it NOT be in the game?

And with the no name thing, I'm making one of my taunts "Jumpinjahosafa" so everyone knows when they fight me... not too hard to get around..

I actually had some respect for some of you smashers.

Now I don't.

(Nintendo warrior wtf?)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh because they arent customizable anymore? Who told you that? /sarcasm
No, it's because the worded taunts are for friends only. This is under the "with anyone" mode and the worded taunts don't get used under "with anyone."

Get your facts right before bashing others for correcting you, please.

D

Deleted member

Well, at least we get to see color change on the Dojo finaaly...Zelda on the Tourney update was just speculation

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
No, it's because the worded taunts are for friends only. This is under the "with anyone" mode and the worded taunts don't get used under "with anyone."

Get your facts right before bashing others for correcting you, please.

Well whatever, the sheer amount of complaining in this thread is pissing me off.

Wheres that negative nancies thread when you need it?

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
I'm very curious if Nintendo DID add this in after the delay...I'm pretty interested where the old content ends and where the new stuff begins.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
As others have pointed out, you won't be able to see who's actually fighting, what the conditions are, or anything. Only the characters and the stage, and it's dang near impossible to guess a winner off of that.
On top of that, we don't even know what those coins are for, so it's difficult to get excited.

And it seems quite a few people are forgetting that taunt messages can't be seen in random online play, only with friends.

Hell, this mode won't even let you see your friends matches if you wanted to, if they had included that much this might have been interesting, but you can't direct what you watch.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Why are people so annoyed, obviously it would be cooler if you could watch specific ones, but then it wouldn't be random, this is more of just a fun way to collect coins. You can still send and receive matches from friends.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
No, that user's just a semi-troll.

I can't believe some are complaining.
well what ever dork:p

...? Um... You have to own Smash Bros. Brawl.

Step 1: Own Brawl
Step 2: Go Online
STep 3: Download pre-recorded match
Step 4: Make your bet
Step 5: Watch match
Step 6: If your bet is correct you win coins (whatever they are for).
-------If your bet is wrong you get stickers.

well i guess we have to own it first

Ummm, what? They still have to buy brawl <_<

It's for people who just want to watch other people battling...
you still have to have WiFi and Brawl and a Wii...
yeah ok

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
It is nice to see some alt. costumes at last. I really would like to see Dark Link though.

Top Bottom