• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I just saw the last two, and I honestly wouldn't be very surprised if they made it to 10 movies or more, lol.

They keep finding ways to make them increasingly ridiculous.
They could make it to 10, these movies don't have very big budgets and people will watch them.

And that doesn't sound surprising at all. I bet that in the 6th movie, there will be galactic sharknadoes and it turns out the movie's world is set in one big multiverse where all the sharknadoes are coming from different universes and that an army of sharks are coming to take over after their previous sharknadoes failed but this time they do it in Rambo style. Then they parody that one Rambo scene from UHF, play baseball with a grenade, sing opera, then the movie ends with a magical shark rapture and everybody turns into a shark. :seuss:

...looking at this, it has occurred to me how weird the phrase 'magical shark rapture' is. Don't expect that to be used often, if ever.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

They could make it to 10, these movies don't have very big budgets and people will watch them.

And that doesn't sound surprising at all. I bet that in the 6th movie, there will be galactic sharknadoes and it turns out the movie's world is set in one big multiverse where all the sharknadoes are coming from different universes and that an army of sharks are coming to take over after their previous sharknadoes failed but this time they do it in Rambo style. Then they parody that one Rambo scene from UHF, play baseball with a grenade, sing opera, then the movie ends with a magical shark rapture and everybody turns into a shark. :seuss:

...looking at this, it has occurred to me how weird the phrase 'magical shark rapture' is. Don't expect that to be used often, if ever.
These movies are a near-perfect example of "so bad, it's "good, lol.

Going off stuff that's happened in the 3rd, 4th and 5th movies, most of that actually sounds perfectly feasible for the next entry and future ones. :p

And I certainly won't lol

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Going off stuff that's happened in the 3rd, 4th and 5th movies, most of that actually sounds perfectly feasible for the next entry and future ones. :p
And for the parts that aren't? I'm just gonna guess and say it was the magical shark rapture that went beyond the usual Sharknado absurdity. :p

Y'know, 'The Magical Shark Rapture' sounds like it'd be a really stupid but awesome shark movie now that I think about it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

And for the parts that aren't? I'm just gonna guess and say it was the magical shark rapture that went beyond the usual Sharknado absurdity. :p

Y'know, 'The Magical Shark Rapture' sounds like it'd be a really stupid but awesome shark movie now that I think about it.
It might not be totally out of the question, because....actually, how much have you seen of the Sharknado movies? :p

Something similar could happen someday....people do love their dumb over the top yet entertaining shark movies haha (I know I wouldn't be watching these particular movies otherwise; it's definitely a guilty pleasure).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It might not be totally out of the question, because....actually, how much have you seen of the Sharknado movies? :p
It's sorta like The Room, for me. I've heard so much about it and the clips I've seen online basically mean I've pretty much seen the movie.

Oh, and speaking of The Room, I haven't been terribly intrigued by a lot of the movies that have come out this year, but I am so ****ing stoked for The Disaster Artist, a movie based on the book of the same name that covered The Room's messy production.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

I haven't even seen The Room yet... I really want to after seeing scenes from the film, just to laugh at how bad it is.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I still need to check out The Room one of these days.

It's sorta like The Room, for me. I've heard so much about it and the clips I've seen online basically mean I've pretty much seen the movie.

Oh, and speaking of The Room, I haven't been terribly intrigued by a lot of the movies that have come out this year, but I am so ****ing stoked for The Disaster Artist, a movie based on the book of the same name that covered The Room's messy production.
The sequels only get increasingly crazier, and I'm prepared to list down some of best examples of their most absurd moments if you're down for that.

Ah, yeah, I have heard of that book, and that it was well received. I didn't know it was getting a movie adaptation though.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
31 Dead Nohrians

Seriously though, I cannot get over the fact I haven't ever seen the Rocky and Bullwinkle show until now. You guys should check it out when you get the chance.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

The sequels only get increasingly crazier, and I'm prepared to list down some of best examples of their most absurd moments if you're down for that.
Go ahead. :p
Ah, yeah, I have heard of that book, and that it was well received. I didn't know it was getting a movie adaptation though.
The official trailer did release like a couple days ago. I'll go ahead and warn you that the original movie had sex scenes in them and thus The Disaster Artist covers that part though probably not showing much based on what's in the trailer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The official trailer did release like a couple days ago. I'll go ahead and warn you that the original movie had sex scenes in them and thus The Disaster Artist covers that part though
probably not showing much based on what's in the trailer.
A bad movie with scenes like is probably going to make it a tad harder for me to stomach, lol.

My curiosity on the movie in question remains however.

Go ahead. :p
Let's see....

Warning: This is a fairly long read.

It's been a while since I've seen 2, but I remember 3 fairly well. So here's some stuff from 3, 4 and 5....

-The third movie doesn't feature galactic sharknados, but it does feature sharks in outer space, somehow the result of a laser satellite weapon taking care of a tornado on earth. How do they survive in outer space? Who cares? SHARKS!

-The main character fights off the space sharks with a Lightsaber Chainsaw (it's not actually called that, but it might as well be).

-The plan to stop the shark menace failed and required a backup plan to be put into action which ended with David Hasselhoff (playing the main character's father in this movie) making a heroic sacrifice by stranding himself on the moon, which he is content with as he always wanted to land on the moon.

-The main character is eaten whole by a shark while in space, along with his wife. The sharks both burn up in reentry of the earth's atmosphere, but the main character manages to launch a parachute through some holes he cut through his shark while descending. Also, his wife gives birth during this entire process and she and their newborn are rescued from the scorched shark shortly after landing.

-The film ends in a very sudden cliff hanger as the wife is about to be struck by flying metal debris, cutting off just as it's about to hit her. Viewers were then immediately informed that they were able to vote online on whether she should survive this or not.

-By the fourth film, some techno expert has invented space-based devices that can use radio waves to diffuse tornadoes so as to put an end to sharknadoes. This has made him a billionaire as the head of his company "Astro-X".

-This same guy also developed technology that allowed them to rescue David Hasselhoff from the moon.

-He's also built an entire hotel of his own which features a giant tank full of sharks visible from the city, high above the ground in a public area (because that's totally a smart thing to do in a world where "sharknados" are possible to begin with).

-The main character's wife suffered life-threatening injuries from the debris at the end of the last movie and has been transformed into a full-fledged cyborg by her father, with tons of advanced built-in gadgets at her disposal.

-The sharks stop becoming the only threat as other objects, animals and elements get sucked into the tornadoes. People who witness them just start naming them based on whatever the tornado has caught (which gives us gems including but not limited to: bouldernado, cownado, lavanado, and nuclearnado).

-The Grand Canyon is destroyed by Astro-X in order to stop a massive flood.

-The sharks become radioactive at one point, though this and the tornado's newly acquired nuclear effects are somehow "reversed" near the end of the film to turn it back into a "regular" sharknado.

-In the climax, everyone in the main character's family is eaten whole by sharks, including the main character himself, except for his youngest son (the same one who was born in the last movie. 5 years have passed in between this movie and the previous one).

-The shark that ate the last remaining relative is shown getting eaten by a larger shark, and that process repeats with increasingly bigger sharks until the largest one gets eaten by a blue whale.

-The youngest son (5 years old in this movie) uses a mini-chainsaw to cut the whale and the sharks open after their fell out of the air. It just so happens that all of these sharks were the same ones that caught all of his family members, so the kid manages to save his entire family.

-The film ends with a character from the first movie suddenly showing up.....riding on the Eiffel Tower as it somehow got sucked up by one of the tornadoes and landed right in the family's location.

-The beginning pays a shark-themed homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark and takes place near Stonehenge.

-The movie reveals shark temples hidden in other famous historical locations around the world and also reveals the existence of a "Shark God" that's been behind the entire sharknado phenomenon all along.

-It's also revealed that humanity somehow used a magical sharknado-controlling stone to stop sharknado attacks throughout ancient history, well before the current century.

-The main tornado throughout the movie features a portal of some kind that transports the characters to different countries during the story.

-The London Eye Ferris Wheel turns out to be a secret missile-launching weapon. Oh, and the Sydney Opera House turns out to double as a highly advanced battle station.

-The final threat is a swarm of radioactive sharks that make a formation resembling a much larger shark.

-Every relative of the main character dies for real.... except for, once again, his youngest son, and as it turns out, time travel is finally getting involved as his son has become a grown man while his age is unchanged, with the world in an apocalyptic-setting almost devoid of human life. They even get a Back to the Future-type car.

...whew, that took a while. There was a whole lot of crazy in these last three movies, and I couldn't help but list so much of it.

...like I said, plenty of those ideas you came up with really are feasible for these movies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom