• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

A bad movie with scenes like is probably going to make it a tad harder for me to stomach, lol.

My curiosity on the movie in question remains however.
There aren't too many of them, the majority of the movie (The Room) is mainly bad acting and unintentionally funny lines so don't worry about that. Also, according to the book, the main character was originally going to be a vampire at one point by... having his car fly from the roof and into the sky to show his vampire traits. Yes, that is real.

For which? The Room or The Disaster Artist? Either one makes sense.
Let's see....

Warning: This is a fairly long read.

It's been a while since I've seen 2, but I remember 3 fairly well. So here's some stuff from 3, 4 and 5....

-The third movie doesn't feature galactic sharknados, but it does feature sharks in outer space, somehow the result of a laser satellite weapon taking care of a tornado on earth. How do they survive in outer space? Who cares? SHARKS!

-The main character fights off the space sharks with a Lightsaber Chainsaw (it's not actually called that, but it might as well be).

-The plan to stop the shark menace failed and required a backup plan to be put into action which ended with David Hasselhoff (playing the main character's father in this movie) making a heroic sacrifice by stranding himself on the moon, which he is content with as he always wanted to land on the moon.

-The main character is eaten whole by a shark while in space, along with his wife. The sharks both burn up in reentry of the earth's atmosphere, but the main character manages to launch a parachute through some holes he cut through his shark while descending. Also, his wife gives birth during this entire process and she and their newborn are rescued from the scorched shark shortly after landing.

-The film ends in a very sudden cliff hanger as the wife is about to be struck by flying metal debris, cutting off just as it's about to hit her. Viewers were then immediately informed that they were able to vote online on whether she should survive this or not.

-By the fourth film, some techno expert has invented space-based devices that can use radio waves to diffuse tornadoes so as to put an end to sharknadoes. This has made him a billionaire as the head of his company "Astro-X".

-This same guy also developed technology that allowed them to rescue David Hasselhoff from the moon.

-He's also built an entire hotel of his own which features a giant tank full of sharks visible from the city, high above the ground in a public area (because that's totally a smart thing to do in a world where "sharknados" are possible to begin with).

-The main character's wife suffered life-threatening injuries from the debris at the end of the last movie and has been transformed into a full-fledged cyborg by her father, with tons of advanced built-in gadgets at her disposal.

-The sharks stop becoming the only threat as other objects, animals and elements get sucked into the tornadoes. People who witness them just start naming them based on whatever the tornado has caught (which gives us gems including but not limited to: bouldernado, cownado, lavanado, and nuclearnado).

-The Grand Canyon is destroyed by Astro-X in order to stop a massive flood.

-The sharks become radioactive at one point, though this and the tornado's newly acquired nuclear effects are somehow "reversed" near the end of the film to turn it back into a "regular" sharknado.

-In the climax, everyone in the main character's family is eaten whole by sharks, including the main character himself, except for his youngest son (the same one who was born in the last movie. 5 years have passed in between this movie and the previous one).

-The shark that ate the last remaining relative is shown getting eaten by a larger shark, and that process repeats with increasingly bigger sharks until the largest one gets eaten by a blue whale.

-The youngest son (5 years old in this movie) uses a mini-chainsaw to cut the whale and the sharks open after their fell out of the air. It just so happens that all of these sharks were the same ones that caught all of his family members, so the kid manages to save his entire family.

-The film ends with a character from the first movie suddenly showing up.....riding on the Eiffel Tower as it somehow got sucked up by one of the tornadoes and landed right in the family's location.

-The beginning pays a shark-themed homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark and takes place near Stonehenge.

-The movie reveals shark temples hidden in other famous historical locations around the world and also reveals the existence of a "Shark God" that's been behind the entire sharknado phenomenon all along.

-It's also revealed that humanity somehow used a magical sharknado-controlling stone to stop sharknado attacks throughout ancient history, well before the current century.

-The main tornado throughout the movie features a portal of some kind that transports the characters to different countries during the story.

-The London Eye Ferris Wheel turns out to be a secret missile-launching weapon. Oh, and the Sydney Opera House turns out to double as a highly advanced battle station.

-The final threat is a swarm of radioactive sharks that make a formation resembling a much larger shark.

-Every relative of the main character dies for real.... except for, once again, his youngest son, and as it turns out, time travel is finally getting involved as his son has become a grown man while his age is unchanged, with the world in an apocalyptic-setting almost devoid of human life. They even get a Back to the Future-type car.

...whew, that took a while. There was a whole lot of crazy in these last three movies, and I couldn't help but list so much of it.

...like I said, plenty of those ideas you came up with really are feasible for these movies.
...well then. Also:
-This same guy also developed technology that allowed them to rescue David Hasselhoff from the moon.
Hey, he needed a break after the Spongebob movie. :p

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

There aren't too many of them, the majority of the movie (The Room) is mainly bad acting and unintentionally funny lines so don't worry about that. Also, according to the book, the main character was originally going to be a vampire at one point by... having his car fly from the roof and into the sky to show his vampire traits. Yes, that is real.

For which? The Room or The Disaster Artist? Either one makes sense.
Wat.

I mean, for one thing, that's a totally accurate portrayal of vampire powers that have clearly been seen in almost any work of fiction featuring vampires. :dazwa: And another thing, does the final movie have any supernatural elements at all?

Eh, I meant The Room, but I'm curious on both now, lol.

...well then. Also:
Hey, he needed a break after the Spongebob movie. :p
Pretty insane, is it not?

One more thing; the second movie onward has featured tons of celebrity roles, some of which are just cameos, others are supporting roles. A lot of 'em don't survive to the end, either. Seems almost everyone wants to have a little part of their own in these movies. :p

And that seems fair, lol

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Wat.

I mean, for one thing, that's a totally accurate portrayal of vampire powers that have clearly been seen in almost any work of fiction featuring vampires. :dazwa: And another thing, does the final movie have any supernatural elements at all?

Eh, I meant The Room, but I'm curious on both now, lol.
No. That was removed after they realized they couldn't do that stunt with the budget they had... even though they could've done a much better portrayal of a vampire that costed less but that's Tommy Wiseau for ya.

The book covers a lot of interesting things about the production of The Room and about Wiseau in general as the book was written by Greg Sestero, an actor for the movie and a friend of Wiseau. The movie is going to put it into a visual format so we can get a visual idea of what the production was like, and that's why I can't wait to see it. Might be the one movie I see this year unless I can get something worked out for another particular movie.
Pretty insane, is it not?

One more thing; the second movie onward has featured tons of celebrity roles, some of which are just cameos, others are supporting roles. A lot of 'em don't survive to the end, either. Seems almost everyone wants to have a little part of their own in these movies. :p

And that seems fair, lol
Hey, it's a paycheck they're getting and they have fun doing this movie they know is clearly not good.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

No. That was removed after they realized they couldn't do that stunt with the budget they had... even though they could've done a much better portrayal of a vampire that costed less but that's Tommy Wiseau for ya.

The book covers a lot of interesting things about the production of The Room and about Wiseau in general as the book was written by Greg Sestero, an actor for the movie and a friend of Wiseau. The movie is going to put it into a visual format so we can get a visual idea of what the production was like, and that's why I can't wait to see it. Might be the one movie I see this year unless I can get something worked out for another particular movie.
...yeah, directing was clearly not the best here.

Definitely sounds interesting. One of these days I'll check the movie and/or book, out, in addition to The Room (when I finally see that, I'll most likely mention it here).

I'd take some guesses but I think I'll just go ahead and ask; what's the other movie? :p

Hey, it's a paycheck they're getting and they have fun doing this movie they know is clearly not good.
Very true. It gets 'em a little money while doing something just for the fun of it. The 1st one was a big surprise success, so that's probably a big reason why it's attracted so many other celebrities (though I'm sure some were asked as well) since then. There's so many celebrity appearances throughout the sequels that you could easily make a game out of catching and naming them.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'd take some guesses but I think I'll just go ahead and ask; what's the other movie? :p
I'd just say to point at your avatar but it's not what I'm looking for. *travels back in time to point at your previous avatar* :p
Very true. It gets 'em a little money while doing something just for the fun of it. The 1st one was a big surprise success, so that's probably a big reason why it's attracted so many other celebrities (though I'm sure some were asked as well) since then. There's so many celebrity appearances throughout the sequels that you could easily make a game out of catching and naming them.
Yeah, seems like it'd be some dumb fun.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'm thankful there isn't actually a pun there. :p
I find ways :p
I'll be seeing that at some point myself for sure, but I'll probably just see it on TV (or online if that's a possibility).
Yeah, it'll depend for me. Either way, I'm seeing at least one movie this year.

...I also realized what a shift in topic this is. From one of the worst movies ever to horses, we jumped from one form of media to another category of it. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, it'll depend for me. Either way, I'm seeing at least one movie this year.

...I also realized what a shift in topic this is. From one of the worst movies ever to horses, we jumped from one form of media to another category of it. :p
I think I can understand why. Good luck with getting to see that one in addition the movie you will be seeing for sure.

Ponies always find a way to relevant here somehow. :applejack:

Last edited:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Also not sure if you're Xeylode, Neo, or another mod lol :thinking:
Though in Guessing Xey :p

Nah it's 2k, I changed the name off this account to dumpster it for a time and made a new account to hold that name with no posts etc, but now I can't change back to my old name. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom