• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Well, Soup is voting Moosy right now. So if you want Raziek dead today, you have to hammer before he does. Like right now. You can't waffle, or appeal to the tree stump any longer, you just have to make a gut decision. Please make the right one.

If for some reason you want Moosy dead instead, go right ahead and keep being indecisive. Raz will show up and make that decision for you sooner or later.
Vote: Moosy

Thanks Soup. If I'm wrong, oops, my bad.
Welp. Looks like you lost the race SlickWylde SlickWylde

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This game isn't necessarily over even if that hammer was incorrect. I will still have a double vote unless they kill me, and it might be 2v2v1 even if they do.

I just know I'm Town and I'm not going to let myself be lynched. If the scum team has Soup on it, then good job him for making me Town read him.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
mallo, were you scum?
Really?

After Soup apparently threw away his wincon by teaming up with the scumteam just because he was scared of a little shade from the tree stump, and Slick couldn't make a decision, you start thinking that the actual reason we probably just lost here was that /I/ was scum?

Raziek Raziek
If Soup's actually on your team and not the second Indy, good job finally getting your schedules to kind of match. I would have appreciated you ending our misery a little earlier in the week if that was the case, though.

Since Takamagahara Takamagahara said he wouldn't be available to post flavor/flip until ~6 hours from now, I'm going to bounce until then.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Damn. mallorean_thug mallorean_thug I was busy at work, just read this, sorry! I was about to vote, but it looks like it was too late? But to me I only see 3 votes for you, 1 from Spak, and 2 from Raziek, and they need four total.

I seriously hate all of you right now. Both sides make me feel like I'm an idiot if I listen to the other, but I think they're both playing well, and one is tricking me, obviously.

Just in case that wasn't actually the hammer: (I think it was, but I might as well try f my life when I find out Mallo is scum and should've been lynched anyway)

Vote: Raziek

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Damn. mallorean_thug mallorean_thug I was busy at work, just read this, sorry! I was about to vote, but it looks like it was too late? But to me I only see 3 votes for you, 1 from Spak, and 2 from Raziek, and they need four total.

I seriously hate all of you right now. Both sides make me feel like I'm an idiot if I listen to the other, but I think they're both playing well, and one is tricking me, obviously.

Just in case that wasn't actually the hammer: (I think it was, but I might as well try f my life when I find out Mallo is scum and should've been lynched anyway)

Vote: Raziek
I think there was another vote from Soup on Moosy.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think there was another vote from Soup on Moosy.
Oh. For some reason I thought Mallo got hammered, was trying to read too quickly. Damn. Damn damn damn. Well, gg guys. You got us.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
ToDay's final votal is:

Raziek (3): MoosyDoosy (#2354), J (#2407), mallorean_thug (#2440)
MoosyDoosy (4): Spak (#2416), Soup (#2438), Raziek (#2442), Raziek (#2442)

Abstaining (1): SlickWylde

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm ****ING TOWN you goons. If I ****ed up then so be it, but I'm not scum.
Dude, you can't blame any of us for thinking you're scum if he flips town. You would do the same thing. When 3 people say "Vote for Raziek" and then you make sure Moosy dies instead, and he flips town, my immediate thought is going to be that you're scum. But it won't matter tomorrow, because we won't be able to vote for you anyway most likely, with your double vote.

If he flips scum, then we can talk.

While I've never been 100% sold of Joosy's story, it's convincing, and at the very least, well thought out. If Moosy does turn out to be scum, then we know 99.9% that J is with him, and 90% Mallo.

But I'm 90% sure he's gonna flip town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wooooooooooooooow

Good luck gang if Moosy was lynched because I'm good as dead now too during the night.

Honestly, though. Razzle was so scummy quick hammering in his very next post and he's full of it regardless of what he is saying.

Regardless it seems Mafia may have just won so gg there I assume?

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice

MoosyDoosy: Valkenhayn, Town Jailer has been lynched!
Raziek: Bullet, Town Doublevoter has been immediately nightkilled (as no role can prevent this)!
Bardull: Tsubaki, Town Odd Night Cop has returned and been endgamed!
SlickWylde: Carl, Innocent Child has been endgamed!
J: Rachel, Town Mason has been endgamed!

Mallorean_Thug: Kokonoe, Mafia Boundary Technician is victorious!
Spak: Jubei, Mafia Tracker is victorious!
Soup: Taokaka, Mafia Roleblocker is victorious!
FullMetalLynch: Platinum, Mafia Traitor (and Cat Sympathizer) is victorious after death!

Game over!
Mafia Wins!

(Thanks for playing!)

Last edited:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
Analysis and shoutouts in the morning when I'm not coming off a 4 hour flavor post and funeral exhaustion! But for now I'll say the theme of this game was "Clears vs Removal", and despite maybe being townsided on paper scum definitely crushed it vs the rest of town, even Indy before his NK death (Two mafia members marked? Noice).

Greenroom is this way if you wanna peek at it in lieu of a real breakdown:
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/WWcpW23JrfQQ

Orboknown

Smash Hero
For the record, i only knew spaks alignment. Other than that we were flying blind
Moosey, see now how mal wasnt cleared?
I find it hilarious btw how all the scum members were suddenly throwing each other into lynchpools that last day

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
To be honest, we thought that Bard was our traitor. We had absolutely no clue it was you until after the fact and then Mal realized that you weren't lying about your role, and that you actually had Bard as a confirmed townie. I was actually REALLY confident that you wouldn't flip scum, so I said something to the effect of "if FML is scum, I'll consider you town" to Bard, which backed me into JoosyThug D3. Whoops.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(Also, the abduct only worked through N3, so we really wanted to end today/tonight)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
GG. I found this especially hard, because I believed Spak when he said he was a tracker, and he was. I really didn't think they'd have a Mafia tracker. Well, if I play this style of game again with you guys, you can bet I'll play a lot better.

Sorry to my team for not voting soon enough, I tried, but I just couldn't do it fast enough because of work. :/

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Spak and Thug played well, except they were pinned had Town come together on d4 with a massclaim. I am never again having reservations about lynching Soup when I'm pretty sure he is scum.

J and moosy, I hope you both learned a valuable lesson from jailing the mafia abductor n1 yet never raising a finger about it. The fact that an abduction nor a NK happened on n1, alongside SOUP being abducted n2, made it at least evidently clear to me that the abductor's intentions were to keep Soup alive and make him look more townie upon his return as well as that the chance of thug being a mafia abductor was at an all-time high. There was no other good reason for that abduct to happen considering Soup was on the table for a lynch in the coming days. Had I known about this and been able to post in the thread, it would have allowed us to pin thug. I don't get the idea behind thug being town because thug was not at all the type of player to be a lightning rod for both the mafia kill and the abduct contrary to what moosy thought. The distinct lack of analysis n1 bugs me.

Raz, I can not believe how much we did not click this game. I think it's because you were predominantly afk most of the game. Wish you were more involved because I feel like this game was easily winnable despite so many screw ups on the Town side. If you had put more time into it I think you could have solved everything. The fact that you were a double voter proved you couldn't be in a 3 man scum squad unless you bm'd the eff out of Town with a slow roll.

Soooo salty.

/let the salt rain

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Good job team. I'm really proud of how we played even if I feel that even if we were constantly coordinating, town pretty much ate themselves alive. I've been meaning to say what I think happened this game and I do not take this as 'scum completely destroyed town.' It was more like Scum took advantage of terrible scenarios made up by town due to a lot of reasons, which I wanted to go into.

The first scenario was the Glyph vs J ordeal in D1. A lot of town players decided to zone into it too much thus jamming the flow of other information because people were too focused on what they thought about it. The best instance of this is how the game prominently turned into glyph-haters vs. not and how they disregarded what the other players were doing. Keep in mind that the top 2 posters this game were probably me and Laundry and everyone else sort of wavered. There was never a point where town collectively decided something, rather they were thrown into it. We were able to kill Maven so easily and look like we did nothing wrong because Laundry (to credit of him) managed to play enough of a strong influence and gain vote in a town that had no personality of it's own. I simply believe the reason the Maven lynch went down is because people were not there making stances or trying to progress their reads, so they almost stayed stagnant, either because they weren't there, or other people were being louder and their minor opinions etched into the background as white noise. Fanny is a prime example of this where he had a good lead on Mallo, but subsequently, nobody paid attention to it because they were all too busy worried about Glyph vs. J (in regards to D1.)

D2 almost played like the exact same and we knew that town would continue to lead themselves astray. At this rate, all we had to do was go with the flow of things because town was too busy discrediting one another or they weren't here to do anything. Town never got going with anything because there was never given a chance, and this game had a problem i want to call the Big Wagon Effect. The Big Wagon Effect is basically when a vocal majority forces the minority to get in line with their opinion because they are doing the heavy lifting. This lets scum get on these wagons easier but it's hard to discern which people have the most scummy intent if everyone is playing so anti-town in the first place. It was so easy to pick and choose because everyone piled on the big wagons like they had no thought process of their own, and if they did, it was shut out because of the big wagon. I merely played the role of quelling laundry and J by distracting them and basically just being a giant nuisance. My case game and convincing isn't that great as scum so I prioritize looking town even if it means I look stupid in the process. I will take someone saying I'm an idiot and town as scum over an idiot and scum. Ryu using his stump was so terrible too, especially if it had no reason.

D3 was once again another case of town being forced into something due to the actions of one player, and then having to decide. Bard, regardless if your intentions were right, you sort of allowed it to happen again. You came at FML with some weird-ass gambit and even got called out for it and had to retract it. FML did get lynched, but you again twisted town's arm to make a decision between you two, and nobody really bothered to get anything out of it. That's another thing - nobody had the time to look back or consider what everyone was doing or why. Everyone sort of just folded and went 'okay, we lynched another town, let's just ignore it.' Nobody bothered to consider why these lynches happen and instead just wanted to push their agenda. It's extremely easy for scum to win if town is making all the stupid moves for them.

D4 was horrible. Everything I had going was stopped in my tracks due to Moosy's claim, but I will withhold how I feel about the setup. The fact of the matter is that you again reach the same scenario that allowed town to keep MLing. Lack of activity. Lack of incentive. Lack of understanding. It's like people were too ****ing stubborn to consider something else that didn't line up exactly with their thoughts, and anyone who mattered to disagree or offer and second scenario was either scum or a misguided town. Laundry went on about the ego problems in the QT and I completely agree for this matter.

In the end, town couldn't get it together, nor did they try to. They were doomed the moment they let the glyph lynch happen on D2.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Glyph lynch was soooooo dumb. UGH. The throws were too real this game. Lets not forget the zaixl modkill while we are at it.

I'm going to hit the brandy and try to forget this game ever happened.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Town NEEDED its arm twisted d3, especially after the maven lynch and the glyph lynched somehow happened. The only reason town didn't get steamrolled is because I begrudgingly pulled a Zen in order to ensure FML's lynch. The fact is that it got a scum lynch regardless of the means and that is what actually matters. Town's continuous fumble after the fact had nothing to do with me because I couldn't post in the thread, but night action analysis would have solved everything. Get out of here with that bull, Soup.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Another thing: NO ONE considered why Spak was not targeted with a roleblock or a kill despite being a claimed tracker. -____-

Think about it. Why would scum kill Laundry with Spak on the board? Why was his track able to go through unchecked? Zzz.

Ok, I'm done, brandy time.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Hihi Bard, you only got a scum lynched because we helped you, not because of your methods. If you were actually trying to lynch a member of the known mafia team, it would have gone nowhere.

If I hadn't decided you were our traitor, you would have just gotten yourself lynched and Town would have lost 1 day earlier.

And since I got marked by the Indy n1, we had to hunt for the him n3 after RR's info. Even if there was a claimed town tracker, killing the Indy had priority there.

I'll write up some more thoughts after I get off work later.

#HBC | ѕoup

PLAYER THOUGHTS -

Laundry - Good stuff this game from an indy perspective. Your boisterous personality filled with a town of shy people made it easy for you to take charge, but that was sort of your downfall. We knew you were be the one leading town and we knew it would be a problem even if you weren't always correct on your pushes. The fact of the matter is that your influence in the end could've made it harder for scum, especially if you started to pick up the pieces. I did sort of believe you were indy but overall, it really was a matter of how you were playing.

J - I'm sort of disappointed with you this game. I expected you to be a bit more stronger with your thoughts but I assume that's because of your Masonry with Moosy and you felt like you didn't really need to. You were allowed to be lazy given your role and it certainly showed. You never could get any influence down and I was allowed to make stupid tangents about you on end. I don't know why you kept thinking I sucked but never acted on it. That really surprised me and your passiveness allowed me to get away a lot. I won't tell you that you played this game absolutely wrong because I don't think that. I think you were given little to work with which lead you to lynch Raz over Me/Spak because his inactivity was more damaging in your eyes.

Moosy - I don't think you played well this game. I think that you let your role get to your head and you were being anti-town throughout merely because you thought you could get away with it. It really put a stop to progress because you were doing questionable things without and you would never elaborate on anything. You let the fact you could 'clear' yourself overcome the fact you still needed to be town and try to scumhunt. I can get that you probably coordinated with J, but nobody knew that until D4, so people were judging you overall instead of just your claim.

Ryu - I don't think you played well this game either, sorry. I don't have an in-depth analysis but I will say that you were a bit too anxious to turn into a stump, and that you never were much of an influence nor presence. This decreased to nothing when you went a stump and couldn't even vote, so it wouldn't have mattered if you got things together.

Slick - I thought you were one of the most logical and the most understanding players here. Maybe your reads weren't on point, but I'd be really happy if you were on my side as town. You seem like a person who tries to consider both sides and that analysis is what town needed instead of just thinking about it one way. You did what you could as the clear but you were left with a stubborn town and again, not really much to work with. All in all, I think you were a good Innocent Child and a decent leader, even if you never lead as much as you could.

Bardull - You were stronger than most of the town but not by much. You never really got your footing and you never were able to do much aside from getting FML lynched. Yes, lynching scum is great and all but you did it in a heavily scummy manner that almost got you killed too. An inactive town and people without a voice of their own just decided to listen to you because you were the only one talking (and FML's claim sort of sucked). Did the ends justify the means? A little. I think if you weren't such a hothead, things might've been better for that D3 instead of just screaming about FML dying every 5 seconds. They were other players in the game too but you instead just focused on FML for that phase, and that's all.

Raz - Inactivity killed you, really. I appreciate you owning up to your mistakes and at least having a voice, even if it was wrong. You contested me about Laundry and made me get into a position where I had to convince you. You were at the very least trying to vocalize your opinions even if they were limited due to how much you weren't here.

Fanny - I think you're in the same pool as Bardull but maybe above him in terms of how you played. I think that constantly egging on the Glyph stuff was your biggest downfall but I did always feel that you were trying to progress the game and you weren't just being overly stubborn and said nothing else aside from wanting to lynch Glyph. I gave credit to you for pinning Mallo even if by a little, and I'll do it again. Inactivity was also a big thing with you and it's such a shame to see it.

Glyph - I don't agree with your J shot because it lead to all of this, but I also think again, inactivity killed you, and then town killed you regardless. Just a crappy scenario overall.

FML - I thought you were town for the most part and thought you were playing to your strengths of being reasonable without cluttering the thread, but I did start to notice that you weren't as strong about the lynches you wanted and sort of side-stepped everything. It sucks the way things happened but I digress.

Zaixl - Uh. I don't have much to say here. You didn't play well at all and you were a prominent factor of why town lost this game. This isn't to be mean, and I know you're not the most experienced, but don't just give up. Don't just freaking self-vote for no reason, and try to find commitment.

Maven - I don't have many comments. You weren't able to really do anything and got lynched D1 by an indy laundry. Sucks.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hihi Bard, you only got a scum lynched because we helped you, not because of your methods. If you were actually trying to lynch a member of the known mafia team, it would have gone nowhere.

If I hadn't decided you were our traitor, you would have just gotten yourself lynched and Town would have lost 1 day earlier.

And since I got marked by the Indy n1, we had to hunt for the him n3 after RR's info. Even if there was a claimed town tracker, killing the Indy had priority there.

I'll write up some more thoughts after I get off work later.
Guess it's your fault for letting that happen then, isn't it?

:059:

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Mallo - You were so easy and helpful to work with as scum. I was glad to be apart of your team and you even coached me and gave me good advice throughout. You stayed so levelheaded that nobody ever considered you because you just seemed like you were trying to help town throughout even if it was on your time. I will say that you play this game very coordinated and planned and albeit a bit mechanical, but it is also one of your strengths. You don't really show much emotion therefore it's hard to get into your head, and it's what we needed on the team. You were constantly putting up scenarios for us to consider and where to go next. I couldn't have asked for a better partner.

Spak - You too. I thought you did great. Your tracker claim on Bard made you look ridiculously town and you always kept your cool , even when I threw shade on you. Your explanations were believable enough to dissuade town, but I also think you played to the strength of constantly being in catch-up. You were never really forced to make any bold statements because town didn't care enough, therefore you were able to get away with so much. I enjoyed immensely being scum with you too.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Town NEEDED its arm twisted d3, especially after the maven lynch and the glyph lynched somehow happened. The only reason town didn't get steamrolled is because I begrudgingly pulled a Zen in order to ensure FML's lynch. The fact is that it got a scum lynch regardless of the means and that is what actually matters. Town's continuous fumble after the fact had nothing to do with me because I couldn't post in the thread, but night action analysis would have solved everything. Get out of here with that bull, Soup.
lol laundry lynched me more than you did by throwing the idea of indyfml out there. You just screamed and threw an (ineffective imo) tantrum with no substance to it. Plus lynching me was the best case scenario because me dying still helped scum out numbers wise over,say, mal or spak dying

BarDulL

Town Vampire
For the record, I rolled cop, so naturally I wasn't going to play a largely active role in the game's day phase. It was only until when things were clearly in the dumps on d3 that I went all-in on FML.

lol laundry lynched me more than you did by throwing the idea of indyfml out there. You just screamed and threw an (ineffective imo) tantrum with no substance to it. Plus lynching me was the best case scenario because me dying still helped scum out numbers wise over,say, mal or spak dying
Oh yeah, I'll totally concede that I had to pull some wonky stuff, fact is I managed to not get myself lynched and had J/moosy on my side. Ineffective? You got lynched solely because I came out of the gate demanding your head, it would not have happened otherwise, regardless of who you think really got the lynch going in the end, you goon.

Scum team can claim all it wants that it could have swung the lynch to me, but they didn't and couldn't because they made the wrong call.

Also, lets not call it a tantrum orbo, because your slot probably had the saltiest reaction from an impending lynch I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I mean honestly Bard if I was in Orbo's shoes and someone admitted they lied about getting a guilty on me but I got lynched due to it anyways then I don't know how I couldn't be salty

I can't comment too much cause I had perfect knowledge after I died, but wow this was just the strangest and most frustrating game to read when you knew everything. I could only imagine how frustrating it was to play. It was pretty frustrating just on Day 1.

Town imploded with Glyph and never recovered, from what I can tell Bard's gambit shred the last bit of sanity town had

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Eh, to each their own. I just feel like the argument itself wasnt effective on its own. The scumteam started to lynch me and laundry and raz finished it off while not using your arguments at all.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I mean honestly Bard if I was in Orbo's shoes and someone admitted they lied about getting a guilty on me but I got lynched due to it anyways then I don't know how I couldn't be salty

I can't comment too much cause I had perfect knowledge after I died, but wow this was just the strangest and most frustrating game to read when you knew everything. I could only imagine how frustrating it was to play. It was pretty frustrating just on Day 1.

Town imploded with Glyph and never recovered, from what I can tell Bard's gambit shred the last bit of sanity town had
You can't blame me for not expecting a mafia tracker. Being a cop, I pretty much expected to be able to get away scott-free with it.

Also, this is a lame misrepresentation, Maven. Town was still perfectly fine by d4 and had a shot winning, don't be salty because you misread glyph incorrectly. My gambit definitely put Town in a precarious situation but we made it through alive, and that's what counts.

Orbo, you are claiming that Laundry's indy FUD on your slot was effective in getting the ball rolling, but even his argument wasn't fullproof because it was fud. It was statistically likely that you were scum based on the number of flips that occurred with blood on your hands alongside your handling of my slot. What you are failing to take into account is that I managed to pull 3 or 4 other townies onto your lynch because they believed in me more than they believed in you. Mafia isn't always something logical when it comes to reads, because there is almost always two sides to every story that can be represented. I came off as more believable and thats why things happened the way they did, otherwise the lynch would not have succeeded.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I dunno, I thought it was pretty fun ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom