• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Then how did the jail go through if you were RB'd? That's either a contradiction on your part, or a contradiction on the mod's part.
idk that's the message I got. My jail was successful but the QT was roleblocked. It was pretty explicit about it.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, so we definitely have a cop. There hasn't been even a whiff of ******* moddery this game, so there's no reason to think it would start on D4.

I'm starting to think either he's confirmed townie or someone hasn't correctly claimed yet.
Yes, if Bard is the cop like he claimed, he's definitely town.

Could anybody else be the cop at this point? It would have to be somebody that was scumreading Bard yesterday AND whose claim so far is a reasonable fakeclaim for a cop.
That throws my idea of bard being scum out the window it seems, and thus I have to rethink **** yet again.

**** me.
Full backpedal here instead of doubling down. It would seem that Soup isn't secretly the cop.

Which means that Bard is, and he's town, so we're right back to Raz/Soup/Spak.

Which matches up with my thoughts about what I got out of Moosy last night.
tl;dr It's probably bad for my explanation to essentially be that I didn't care enough but that's the truth of it.
Moosy's entire explanation of his thoughts back on N2 was incredibly unsatisfying. If he wanted me to walk away, secure in the knowledge that he had a legit town reason for acting that way, he definitely failed. But, the fact that he didn't have a good answer, but didn't try to worm out of the situation, and was pretty sheepish about how bad his explanation was, all point towards him being town. I mean, we did hit the point where anything he said either way was going to be nothing but wine, but I think that I'm buying his explanation here. I mean, I don't think it was a /good/ choice, but we clearly can't lynch everybody that makes suboptimal plays in this game. That line of thought already got Glyph killed.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we'd have a scum tracker.
I don't think this setup has a scum tracker either.

Good thing that Spak isn't actually confirmed to be a tracker. Let's go over his claim.

He claimed on D3 in response to Bard's cop claim, saying that Bard didn't go anywhere N2. This was corroborated by Bard at the time. He also later claimed that his N1 track was on Fanny, who was already dead.

And his claim for his N3 track was on Raz, who also corroborated his claim.

So with two other players helping confirm his claim, and no evidence against it, why would I disbelieve Spak's claim?

Well, mostly because he hasn't actually tracked anybody anywhere. And his claims could all be information from being on the same scumteam as a roleblocker (or being the scum roleblocker himself, but that seems less likely for separate reasons) who blocked Bard N1 and N2, and then blocked Moosy N3.

First of all, when Bard claimed his guilty on FML, he didn't specify which night he got the check. Sure, he had claimed that he got roleblocked N1, but that could have easily been a gambit. So if Spak was town!tracker, when Bard claimed, he knew that Bard was either lying about being roleblocked, or lying about his check. I don't really see a reason for town!spak to be so sure that Bard was lying about his check, sure enough that he outed his own role (I'm sure that spak will have a pure wine response on this point). I do see a reason why scum!spak would know that Bard couldn't have a guilty, because he knew that Bard had actually been roleblocked both nights. And that would make claiming tracker completely safe.

The only problem is making sure he couldn't get contradicted about what he did N1. Nobody died N1, so he can't have claimed to track them. Glyph died D2, but since it was strongly suspected since D1 that his role didn't have any Night Actions, it wouldn't have made sense for town!spak to have tracked him, so scum!spak doesn't want to claim that. That leaves the N2NK, Fanny. Fortunately, and unfortunately, Fanny's role description, Oblivious, didn't really tell us anything about what he could do. So spak could claim that he tracked him somewhere, but couldn't risk that he actually did have a NA that did something. So he needed to claim that he tracked Fanny to his scummate Raz to ensure that he wasn't caught in his fakeclaim.

And then his N3 "track" was easy to fake. He just said that he tracked his scumbuddy Raz who had a role without any Night Actions. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Spak was also the one to carry out the NK last night, so that if anybody somehow saw him, he could just change his tracker claim to match whatever the NK's role card would imply. So in this case, he'd say that he tracked Laundry marking one of his buddies, and then have his buddy corroborate it.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I don't have too much more time for this today and can't reread to look for this stuff, so here's a to do list for #HBC | J #HBC | J , MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy , and SlickWylde SlickWylde

1. Who was the first person to talk about what FML's role actually did? Like, the consensus in the thread seems to currently be that "Mafia Traitor" means that he knew the rest of the scumteam, but the scumteam didn't know him, but I have no idea where that idea came from. Is that how this role has worked in past games here? Because obviously the only people that would be sure about that would be the scumteam.

Also, now that I'm almost 100% sure that Bard /is/ a cop and town, I actually have another suspicion about FML's role. The Flavor we got from RR's ability on D2 about the traitor mentioned stolen records. That makes me think that FML wasn't completely lying about his role when he claimed. So, he did get mod confirmed info at the beginning of Day2 about Bard. Just, it wasn't that Bard was scum (obviously), it was that Bard was the Cop.

Partially because of that, and because FML claimed right before he died that he doesn't crumb:
2. If we assume that the scumteam really didn't know that FML was on their side, was there anything that FML did on Day2 that looks like he was trying to tell his team that that he was traitor and that Bard was the cop? Because the Raz/Soup/Spak scumteam did a pretty great job of trying to avoid lynching FML for supposedly not knowing he was on their side. Raz even showed up and tried to swing a last minute speed lynch on Bard. I mean, look at this votal:
BarDuIL (1): FullMetalLynch (#1656)
MoosyDoosy (1): MoosyDoosy (#1879)
FullMetalLynch (6): BarDuIL (#1650), mallorean_thug (#1760), J (#1766), Spak (#1932), SlickWylde (#1976), Raziek (#2063)

Abstaining (1): Laundry, Zaixl
And that, combined with question #1 above, makes it feel like somebody was trying to put more suspicion on earlier slots on the wagon. Which is necessary since its not like they can doubtcast the end of the wagon, where they're stuck alone with Slick.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Also, since this keeps coming up in theory worlds:

If anybody knows they got Roleblocked N2, we really need you to claim that ASAP.

Less importantly, it might also be pro-town for players that got marked by Laundry to claim. Maybe don't do that right away though, because I haven't put a lot of thought into what that actually gives us. Others can chime in on this point.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well, mostly because he hasn't actually tracked anybody anywhere. And his claims could all be information from being on the same scumteam as a roleblocker (or being the scum roleblocker himself, but that seems less likely for separate reasons) who blocked Bard N1 and N2, and then blocked Moosy N3.
If I were a scum RBer (or on the team of a scum RBer), wouldn't it make much more sense to try and RB an odd-night cop that suspected me at the end of the day phase yesterday on an odd night? If I were an RB, I would have no reason to block someone that was playing as sloppily as Moosy was up until this phase.

First of all, when Bard claimed his guilty on FML, he didn't specify which night he got the check. Sure, he had claimed that he got roleblocked N1, but that could have easily been a gambit. So if Spak was town!tracker, when Bard claimed, he knew that Bard was either lying about being roleblocked, or lying about his check. I don't really see a reason for town!spak to be so sure that Bard was lying about his check, sure enough that he outed his own role (I'm sure that spak will have a pure wine response on this point). I do see a reason why scum!spak would know that Bard couldn't have a guilty, because he knew that Bard had actually been roleblocked both nights. And that would make claiming tracker completely safe.
I'm sorry, but if you have info that somebody did jack squat overnight and they come bursting into the thread saying:
Vote: FullMetalLynch

I have a guilty on him. Lynch him.
I would have every reason in the world to contradict his statement. With the info I had at the time, it looked like Bard was trying to get a quicklynch, end the day phase, and possibly get an easy scum win.

The only problem is making sure he couldn't get contradicted about what he did N1. Nobody died N1, so he can't have claimed to track them. Glyph died D2, but since it was strongly suspected since D1 that his role didn't have any Night Actions, it wouldn't have made sense for town!spak to have tracked him, so scum!spak doesn't want to claim that. That leaves the N2NK, Fanny. Fortunately, and unfortunately, Fanny's role description, Oblivious, didn't really tell us anything about what he could do. So spak could claim that he tracked him somewhere, but couldn't risk that he actually did have a NA that did something. So he needed to claim that he tracked Fanny to his scummate Raz to ensure that he wasn't caught in his fakeclaim.

And then his N3 "track" was easy to fake. He just said that he tracked his scumbuddy Raz who had a role without any Night Actions. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Spak was also the one to carry out the NK last night, so that if anybody somehow saw him, he could just change his tracker claim to match whatever the NK's role card would imply. So in this case, he'd say that he tracked Laundry marking one of his buddies, and then have his buddy corroborate it.
So basically you're saying that I put the fate of my slot into a slot that is AFK most of the time and suspected to be scum by over half of the game? I mean, I have absolutely no proof to state otherwise, but I investigated Fanny N1 because I thought he was scum, Bard N2 because his play D1 was so scummy, and Raz D3 because I thought he was a likely scum candidate of the remaining slots.

Also, I went back to your fullclaim:

BarDuIL (1): FullMetalLynch (#1656)
MoosyDoosy (1): MoosyDoosy (#1879)
FullMetalLynch (6): BarDuIL (#1650), mallorean_thug (#1760), J (#1766), Spak (#1932), SlickWylde (#1976), Raziek (#2063)

Abstaining (1): Laundry, Zaixl

and got back that there were two non town aligned players on the FML lynch. Which was an incredibly informative result.
So what you're saying is that if Raz flips town, your only option for a scumteam is JoosySpa? That's a bit of a reach.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Because the Raz/Soup/Spak scumteam did a pretty great job of trying to avoid lynching FML for supposedly not knowing he was on their side.
Why are you accusing Soup of not voting for FML when he wasn't even in the voting phase?

Off to play more Skyrim. I'll check back in a bit.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
wouldn't it make much more sense to try and RB an odd-night cop that suspected me at the end of the day phase yesterday on an odd night?
I mean, or you could abduct him and use your roleblock elsewhere.

If I were an RB, I would have no reason to block someone that was playing as sloppily as Moosy was up until this phase.
Ok, wine as expected.

Humor me by speculating on a "hypothetical" scenario. Imagine we are in a world where Moosy got roleblocked N3. Why did the scumteam do that?

So what you're saying is that if Raz flips town, your only option for a scumteam is JoosySpa?
Hey Spak, do you think we're in Lylo right now? Because I do.

Trying to defend yourself like this to me isn't convincing at all.

Instead, why don't you lay out the scumteam you think is correct, lay out the mechanics that make that scumteam possible, and then lay out the case why you think you're correct.

I /think/ I know where you're angling, but I've laid my cards out on the table, and I'm going to refuse to engage with you further until you've done the same.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I mean, or you could abduct him and use your roleblock elsewhere.
I guess, but why the heck would I use my roleblock on Moosy, a slot that I thought was the weakest in-game at the time?

Ok, wine as expected.

Humor me by speculating on a "hypothetical" scenario. Imagine we are in a world where Moosy got roleblocked N3. Why did the scumteam do that?
You lost me on "Moosy got Roleblocked". I see no incentive for any possible scumteam to RB Moosy. For all I know, he could have been completely making up the RB. The "message" he got already seems to have contradictory "partial RB" garbage, so I wouldn't put him making up the RB out of the realm of possibility.

Hey Spak, do you think we're in Lylo right now? Because I do.
I think we're in MyLo, not LyLo. If we don't lynch, we'll have 7 people again tomorrow, so the only way to lose tonight is for a mislynch to happen.

Trying to defend yourself like this to me isn't convincing at all.
Obviously it isn't. This thread has degenerated into a war between JoosyThief and RazSoak because your party of 3 have all corroborated each-other's stories, effectively forcing two teams. The main difference is that you guys have a chat outside of the game in which you can plot effective attacks on our slots and organize behind one opinion, while we're stuck floundering in unfocused efforts because we have one guy that's been fairly AFK all game, Soup who occasionally explodes and then has to leave for a while to simmer down, and me who has to stop typing this soon so that I can wake up at 5:30 so I can make it to high school where I can take two APs (Stats and Java), Band, and Computer Engineering, then do a bunch of homework and possibly post a couple more times before going to bed.

Instead, why don't you lay out the scumteam you think is correct, lay out the mechanics that make that scumteam possible, and then lay out the case why you think you're correct.
Remind me to do this tomorrow and I will. It's too late for me to lay out coherent hypotheses right now.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Ok, I don't have too much more time for this today and can't reread to look for this stuff, so here's a to do list for #HBC | J #HBC | J , MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy , and SlickWylde SlickWylde

1. Who was the first person to talk about what FML's role actually did? Like, the consensus in the thread seems to currently be that "Mafia Traitor" means that he knew the rest of the scumteam, but the scumteam didn't know him, but I have no idea where that idea came from. Is that how this role has worked in past games here? Because obviously the only people that would be sure about that would be the scumteam.

Also, now that I'm almost 100% sure that Bard /is/ a cop and town, I actually have another suspicion about FML's role. The Flavor we got from RR's ability on D2 about the traitor mentioned stolen records. That makes me think that FML wasn't completely lying about his role when he claimed. So, he did get mod confirmed info at the beginning of Day2 about Bard. Just, it wasn't that Bard was scum (obviously), it was that Bard was the Cop.

Partially because of that, and because FML claimed right before he died that he doesn't crumb:
2. If we assume that the scumteam really didn't know that FML was on their side, was there anything that FML did on Day2 that looks like he was trying to tell his team that that he was traitor and that Bard was the cop? Because the Raz/Soup/Spak scumteam did a pretty great job of trying to avoid lynching FML for supposedly not knowing he was on their side. Raz even showed up and tried to swing a last minute speed lynch on Bard. I mean, look at this votal:

And that, combined with question #1 above, makes it feel like somebody was trying to put more suspicion on earlier slots on the wagon. Which is necessary since its not like they can doubtcast the end of the wagon, where they're stuck alone with Slick.
1. I was making an association between FML and Spak based on how Spak tried to protect him with his tracker claim when soup interrupted the line of thought and said that Traitor and Mafia don't know each other. As far as I recall, that's been the only mention of what the role does.

2. We might want to be careful there. It might have been a case of Mafia knowing that BarD was cop anyway and wanting to kill him ASAP.

On another note, I find it funny that Spak things I'd make up something like the D3 roleblock. If I was going to lie, it would have been so much simpler to just say I was roleblocked and that my action wasn't performed rather than saying I successfully jailed BarD but I was RB'd from the QT.

But...but...! Let me expect Spak's response: "You planned ahead and guessed that's what people would think which is why you made your roleblock weird like that!" Which is exactly what we call WIFOM.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Why is this the first time I am hearing about this? You told me in our mason that you just forgot to do it.
This worries me. I wonder if Moosy slipped, and J is doing damage control. This whole RB'd thing is bothering me, doesn't sit with me the right way.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What would i have slipped?
Not "Slipped", but said something you shouldn't have. The fact that J commented and asked why you didn't tell him your reasons (as opposed to just talking to you in the private chat) strikes me as a way to make you seem less suspicious.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Takamagahara Takamagahara Could we get a prod on Razzle? I feel it's been past the 48 hour mark for him.

mallorean_thug mallorean_thug For your first question, I would say that I can't rightly recall who was the first to speculate on traitors, but I want to say Laundry. And for the second question, I want to say that when FML claimed and and also in the beginning of the Sparky/FML vs. Bardull argument.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I actually did check the thread once on Sunday and saw that the default action of me not picking someone was to protect J. Two factors went into me not doing anything. The first reason was that I didn't care much for the game at that point as all my scum reads turned out wrong and townies were acting super scummy and relying on their roles to cover up later. The second reason for just letting the default action occur was to prepare for the off chance that you were scum. I was fairly certain that you were town but I thought that you would make killing J your priority N2 if you happened to be Mafia. As I said before, it did cross my mind that you might be Mafia that carried the KP and I happened to block the KP, so this served as the confirmation check for me that you were town.

As for who to pick to chat with, I thought about that for a bit on Sunday and I didn't want to pick anyone I didn't have a sure town read on. I did think about Slick for a bit but keeping my role for N3 on the off chance that Mafia wanted to kill J during N2 was more important to me.

I think this is the post that made me stop trusting you. I don't believe that reason for not wanting to chat with anyone, especially me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think the bottom line is no one likes being lied to.

Especially for virtually no reason at all.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think the bottom line is no one likes being lied to.

Especially for virtually no reason at all.
And unfortunately it shines a bad light on you too, since you're so connected to him.

Now, I want to talk to @#HBC | ѕoup

I re-read your responses after Moosy's reveal, and I'm not sure what you wanted me to look for. You started off by calling it complete BS, saying the mods wouldn't do that, and then quickly changed your tune to "Unvote, I don't know anymore."

Now, that COULD be from a towny perspective, but I can definitely see some scummy aspects of it, and I think if you were in my position, you would too.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu As my one trusted friend on here, what are your thoughts?

I want to vote to put pressure on someone, but I'm afraid Mafia (and possibly a remaining Indy) will just jump on the vote and kill them.

@Raziek Reveal your role or I'm voting you.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Stop with that attitude please. FML did the pity thing right before he died, making me feel extremely guilty about killing him (until I found out about his role) so please don't do the same (and he had more reason to be upset because of his irl stuff)

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Stop with that attitude please. FML did the pity thing right before he died, making me feel extremely guilty about killing him (until I found out about his role) so please don't do the same (and he had more reason to be upset because of his irl stuff)
I'm not doing the pity thing, I'm guilt tripping over having lied to J.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm not doing the pity thing, I'm guilt tripping over having lied to J.
Okay. Right now though we need solid, unemotional thinking. This is already hard enough for me haha.

Most likely, no matter who I vote for, this game is going to be over.

If I lynched one of Joosy and they were town, the other would be night killed, and I wouldn't stand a chance tomorrow. If one of them flips mafia, town pretty much wins since we know the teams.

My probem is that I don't know who the second team is. At this point, Bard is almost mod cleared because of the cop thing. So I guess the only other choice is Raz/Soup/Spak? But they don't seem to be working together.

And I know you can say "They're pretending to not be working together". However, if someone like Spak or Soup votes for Raz, and he flips scum, they know that they're next. So they're taking an even bigger gamble by throwing one of their under the bus at this stage. Why would they do that instead of just uniting against Joosy? Maybe they don't have a choice because the argument worked on me and Red Ryu.

Interesting day.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Okay. Right now though we need solid, unemotional thinking. This is already hard enough for me haha.

Most likely, no matter who I vote for, this game is going to be over.

If I lynched one of Joosy and they were town, the other would be night killed, and I wouldn't stand a chance tomorrow. If one of them flips mafia, town pretty much wins since we know the teams.

My probem is that I don't know who the second team is. At this point, Bard is almost mod cleared because of the cop thing. So I guess the only other choice is Raz/Soup/Spak? But they don't seem to be working together.

And I know you can say "They're pretending to not be working together". However, if someone like Spak or Soup votes for Raz, and he flips scum, they know that they're next. So they're taking an even bigger gamble by throwing one of their under the bus at this stage. Why would they do that instead of just uniting against Joosy? Maybe they don't have a choice because the argument worked on me and Red Ryu.

Interesting day.
It's also really interesting because Spak accused me, J, and mal_thug of having a coordinated attack and put it down to a Mafia QT. The thing is that we've actually been talking to each other a lot as shown in thread. In contrast, Spak, soup, and Raz haven't talked to each other AT ALL for this day and have barely communicated throughout the thread. That's more indicative of having a QT to talk things over in secret rather than "a coordinated attack".

Just look at what Spak/soup/Raz have been doing. They've somehow come to this decision to attack everyone except for each other and soup in particular has been spreading confusion by pointing fingers at BarD and trying to link him with me and J. It's too bad Red Ryu's info shot him down. The scum team is caught.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It's also really interesting because Spak accused me, J, and mal_thug of having a coordinated attack and put it down to a Mafia QT. The thing is that we've actually been talking to each other a lot as shown in thread. In contrast, Spak, soup, and Raz haven't talked to each other AT ALL for this day and have barely communicated throughout the thread. That's more indicative of having a QT to talk things over in secret rather than "a coordinated attack".

Just look at what Spak/soup/Raz have been doing. They've somehow come to this decision to attack everyone except for each other and soup in particular has been spreading confusion by pointing fingers at BarD and trying to link him with me and J. It's too bad Red Ryu's info shot him down. The scum team is caught.
Not a bad point. @#HBC | ѕoup, a response?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Not to mention the fact that soup and Spak aren't voting for Raz here should just shoot warning signs everywhere. I saw Spak checking the thread a while back but he hasn't said anything. The scum mates are hoping that you'll change your mind which is why they're lurking and not talking.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm going to wait for advice from RedRyu before I vote. And I realized that no matter who I vote for, someone is going to call me stupid and say I didn't pay attention, so whatever.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Please finishes your analyses so that SlickWylde SlickWylde sometime today.
Sadly, I don't have enough time to go super in depth today. I should be able to dig in tomorrow afternoon though.

And for the second question, I want to say that when FML claimed and and also in the beginning of the Sparky/FML vs. Bardull argument.
I was specifically looking for stuff from Day2, not stuff that happened Day3. Basically, its only super super important to find if FML crumbed it /before/ spak made his tracker claim on Day3. And I definitely don't have time to go ISO FML's Day2 posts looking for something like that. Just something to keep in mind if anybody is rereading Day2.

I want to vote to put pressure on someone, but I'm afraid Mafia (and possibly a remaining Indy) will just jump on the vote and kill them.
That's what fakevotes are for. My fakevote is still on Raziek, if anybody had forgotten. I'll put it down again:

FoS:Raziek

And currently the only realvote is Moosy's vote on Raziek, which has been there for more than a full day now. The lack of hammer here most likely means that one of the two of them is scum (Its Raziek, btw).

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay, so looking at this:

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
1. J
2. Soup
3. Raziek
4. Mal_Thug
5. Spak
6. MoosyDoosy
7. SlickWylde
Deadline is Midnight EST, Friday the 13th (OoOooOoohh!!)

We actually have 8 "alive", including bard. Assuming their are 3 Mafia, and we had a mislynch today, and they got a kill, (so two kills before morning) that would bring us down to 6. Unless there is anther Indy, Mafia wins. The fact that Mafia have not quickly hammered Raz speaks volumes. If he was innocent, I think they would have hammered him immediately, and then gone for a kill tonight.

I'm starting to feel somewhat confident about this.

Does my logic make sense?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah and tbh, I'm just sitting here waiting for that Razzle lynch and I'm even more bored that he hasn't even been here.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
On another note, I find it funny that Spak things I'd make up something like the D3 roleblock. If I was going to lie, it would have been so much simpler to just say I was roleblocked and that my action wasn't performed rather than saying I successfully jailed BarD but I was RB'd from the QT.

But...but...! Let me expect Spak's response: "You planned ahead and guessed that's what people would think which is why you made your roleblock weird like that!" Which is exactly what we call WIFOM.
You planned ahead and guessed that's what people would think which is why you made your roleblock weird like that!
Spak Spak I'm mildly interested in seeing what case you can make so please elaborate on how me, J, and mal_thug are scum.
I'm confident that you guys are scum because if you guys are all town, there would have to have been 2 Mafia and a traitor (which would be incredibly unbalanced). There literally aren't enough people that haven't been confirmed to make more than two scumteams, and I would naturally know that the team I'm not aligned with is scum.
It's also really interesting because Spak accused me, J, and mal_thug of having a coordinated attack and put it down to a Mafia QT. The thing is that we've actually been talking to each other a lot as shown in thread.
Which could be intentional to make it appear that you don't have a Mafia chat. I could open up a business with all of this wine.
You In contrast, Spak, soup, and Raz haven't talked to each other AT ALL for this day and have barely communicated throughout the thread. That's more indicative of having a QT to talk things over in secret rather than "a coordinated attack".
It's kinda hard to communicate with someone who hasn't been here in a couple pages and another who hasn't been here since Tuesday...

Because from our PoV, there are literally no possibilities other than you lot being scum. We all know we're town, we all know everyone else except you three are basically confirmed town, and PoE is a strong tool.

Not to mention the fact that soup and Spak aren't voting for Raz here should just shoot warning signs everywhere. I saw Spak checking the thread a while back but he hasn't said anything. The scum mates are hoping that you'll change your mind which is why they're lurking and not talking.
Sorry that I don't want to type out responses with touchscreens. I don't like using touchscreens.

We actually have 8 "alive", including bard. Assuming their are 3 Mafia, and we had a mislynch today, and they got a kill, (so two kills before morning) that would bring us down to 6. Unless there is anther Indy, Mafia wins. The fact that Mafia have not quickly hammered Raz speaks volumes. If he was innocent, I think they would have hammered him immediately, and then gone for a kill tonight.
Unless they are concerned about a fakeclaiming Doc or a fakeclaiming RB/Jailer. If their kill is blocked tonight and the scumteam did an alpha strike, they'd all be royally screwed. I can't control what you do, but I can assure you that you're making a mistake. Unfortunately, I can't expect you to believe me because you'd hear the exact same thing from the other side if we were lynching Moosy today, and I can't effectively fight the chokehold that has become complete thread control.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
You planned ahead and guessed that's what people would think which is why you made your roleblock weird like that!

I'm confident that you guys are scum because if you guys are all town, there would have to have been 2 Mafia and a traitor (which would be incredibly unbalanced). There literally aren't enough people that haven't been confirmed to make more than two scumteams, and I would naturally know that the team I'm not aligned with is scum.

Which could be intentional to make it appear that you don't have a Mafia chat. I could open up a business with all of this wine.
It's kinda hard to communicate with someone who hasn't been here in a couple pages and another who hasn't been here since Tuesday...

Because from our PoV, there are literally no possibilities other than you lot being scum. We all know we're town, we all know everyone else except you three are basically confirmed town, and PoE is a strong tool.

Sorry that I don't want to type out responses with touchscreens. I don't like using touchscreens.

Unless they are concerned about a fakeclaiming Doc or a fakeclaiming RB/Jailer. If their kill is blocked tonight and the scumteam did an alpha strike, they'd all be royally screwed. I can't control what you do, but I can assure you that you're making a mistake. Unfortunately, I can't expect you to believe me because you'd hear the exact same thing from the other side if we were lynching Moosy today, and I can't effectively fight the chokehold that has become complete thread control.
...I mean this is no case and just full of WIFOM so I'll let it speak for itself.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This is really hard for me. Because I actually do believe Spak somewhat.

Spak Spak

Here's my issue: They're not afraid of that, because Moosy and J DO want me to vote for Raziek, and I'm sure they'll hammer it once I vote. However, the fact that they're not trying to force me or make me hurry is a good sign in my book. Neither of them say "Don't do this" or "Don't do that." They just give me space to think about it, whereas people who were guilty (Laundry and FML) were always in a hurry to lynch people.

If I did believe you, then maybe it really IS that unbalanced of a game, and there are only 2 Mafia...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm just gonna say I believe the theory of 2 mafia, 1 indy is what I am thinking is the most likely form of this set-up.

Unless mafia have an abduct ability which would be odd to say the least.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
This is really hard for me. Because I actually do believe Spak somewhat.

Spak Spak

Here's my issue: They're not afraid of that, because Moosy and J DO want me to vote for Raziek, and I'm sure they'll hammer it once I vote. However, the fact that they're not trying to force me or make me hurry is a good sign in my book. Neither of them say "Don't do this" or "Don't do that." They just give me space to think about it, whereas people who were guilty (Laundry and FML) were always in a hurry to lynch people.

If I did believe you, then maybe it really IS that unbalanced of a game, and there are only 2 Mafia...
Even if there are only two Mafia, they are guarenteed to be scum in this phase and I don't see anyone pressuring you. I guess you could make the argument that Soup and Raz aren't here to pressure anyone, but they could have just had real-life problems pop up. At this point, I think the only way that we will make progress before the lynch is if Raz comes in, claims, and tries to defend himself.

I'm just gonna say I believe the theory of 2 mafia, 1 indy is what I am thinking is the most likely form of this set-up.

Unless mafia have an abduct ability which would be odd to say the least.
Why do you think Mafia having an abduct would be odd? Having another indie would put the starting Mafia team at the same number as Indie, and I've never seen that in a game before.

Also, if we mislynch today and your stated assumption is wrong (and we don't have a town doc/jailer), it'll be an easy win for you.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Even if there are only two Mafia, they are guarenteed to be scum in this phase and I don't see anyone pressuring you. I guess you could make the argument that Soup and Raz aren't here to pressure anyone, but they could have just had real-life problems pop up. At this point, I think the only way that we will make progress before the lynch is if Raz comes in, claims, and tries to defend himself.

Why do you think Mafia having an abduct would be odd? Having another indie would put the starting Mafia team at the same number as Indie, and I've never seen that in a game before.

Also, if we mislynch today and your stated assumption is wrong (and we don't have a town doc/jailer), it'll be an easy win for you.
I think it would be extremely weird for Mafia to have a night kill and a night abduct. How would that NOT be weird?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think it would be extremely weird for Mafia to have a night kill and a night abduct. How would that NOT be weird?
I dunno, but maybe there's restrictions on the usability? The only possible options I see are:
1. Only a set number of uses per game (explaining why there was no abduct N1, as someone wanted to save it for a later time)

2. One indie and two scum

3. Fakeclaims. Moosy is the RB Mafia, J only has the ability to open up a chat (which I think pure Mason is a bit underpowered), and Mal can abduct (mainly because Mal's claim had absolutely nothing to confirm it other than stating that there are 2 scum on the FML train, which on a side note, he might not have completely thought out because as of Raz's lynch, his only open option will be JoosySpa, which is completely and utterly ridiculous).

These are only hypotheses, but I believe either #1, #3, or a combination of the two are correct.

Top Bottom