• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Honestly I'm curious why Mafia shot me. It won them the game but it was a dangerous ****ing shot leaving a cop, tracker, and inno child still on the board while Mallorean also was knowledgeable of the masons. I was banking on not getting shot for that reason because I felt all three of those warranted priority.

I have a bunch of other opinions but a lot of them boil down to "no townie played well", so unless you want me to tell you where I think you went wrong this game, don't ask me my opinion.

Set up was far too town-sided. Again, the combination of self-clears from the masons, cop+1, and inno child means half the town could've cleared itself. Ruy basically is impervious to anything and also clears himself (**** Ruy's role ps). Drew was telling me that a lot of it was weak self-clears because they couldn't make it to endgame and in a vacuum, he's right, but mafia has effectively 5-6 roles they could not lynch through a claim. They were just extremely fortunate that most of the unclearable roles got themselves lynched, that the masons were the scummiest townies in the game not named Bardull so that they could lynch them, that said Bardull shot all his credibility in the foot and accomplished next to nothing before getting abducted and then endgamed, and that the innocent child was utterly forgettable and never got shot despite being an easy one. Town has no reason to lose this game simply because they had all the tools to win the game--Ruy's reporter role ****ed me over 10 times from Sunday and made any massclaim situation scary as **** for me, and all the clears shrunk mafia's hiding spots to nothing as well. The fact that they did shows how ****ing badly town played in this game.

Lastly, anybody who thought I was mafia/indy/scum/whatever needs to check themselves. I played that game like I rolled vanilla town, right up until the end. There were purposes to it--being in the position I was in gave me greater control over the lynch (but I had lost that by D3 given FML's lynch thanks to mafia and Bardull/J/Moosy being obstinate ****s) which gave me greater insights into my marks, I believed it would earn me less paranoid ****heads than had I played more in the background, and it was hopefully going to create protective WIFOM for the mafia--but in the end, I just played like I was town. I forgot I was indy and hunted who I thought was mafia and worried purely about that.

:186:

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
You can't blame me for not expecting a mafia tracker. Being a cop, I pretty much expected to be able to get away scott-free with it.

Also, this is a lame misrepresentation, Maven. Town was still perfectly fine by d4 and had a shot winning, don't be salty because you misread glyph incorrectly. My gambit definitely put Town in a precarious situation but we made it through alive, and that's what counts.

Orbo, you are claiming that Laundry's indy FUD on your slot was effective in getting the ball rolling, but even his argument wasn't fullproof because it was fud. It was statistically likely that you were scum based on the number of flips that occurred with blood on your hands alongside your handling of my slot. What you are failing to take into account is that I managed to pull 3 or 4 other townies onto your lynch because they believed in me more than they believed in you. Mafia isn't always something logical when it comes to reads, because there is almost always two sides to every story that can be represented. I came off as more believable and thats why things happened the way they did, otherwise the lynch would not have succeeded.
That's a pretty big leap from what I said, all I was saying was the attempt to fake a guilty, while you couldn't have known it would have been countered by a tracker, was just unnecessary and threw unneeded wifom into the game that was already plagued by it. The fact that FML was lynched despite the gambit being shown false in the thread shows that it was unnecessary to lynch him.

Town just never had any reliable anchor to rely on, and when options arose for that to happen all the random wifom weakend it. J+Moosey should have been pretty reliable, but Moosey had already given up and stopped playing beforehand. Bard was the cop but lied about a guilty which just raises unneeded questions. Laundry was the closest the town had to an anchor and he was independent. Slick didn't do much and neither did Ryu, and Glyph did nothing but play anti-town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This game was....odd for me to say the least.

• Coming out of the gate and getting shot and then proceeded to be tunneled was an interesting way to start.
  • I thought Mallory was IndyAbductor, not MafiaAbductor. Had a theory of one of Mallory/Laundry as indy and when Laundry flipped it hurt my Mallory read.
  • Maven lynch was silly
  • Glyph lynch was silly, but heavily needed.
  • Honestly, I had a bit of hope after FML got lynched and Laundry got bopped.
  • Moosy came in and claimed without talking to me which was VERY whomp whomp. Then he got bopped for lying for no reason.
  • Razzle was never here. Came in and NK WIFOM'd and handed the game to town by double voting in MyLo
  • RR claimed Tree stump way too early and for no reason.
  • Never giving Soup an AtE pass again and I'm just going to lynch him when I think he is scummy.

Town lost this game for town haha. We all played scummy and pretty terrible. This game was just chaos and tbh, the mafia team did deserve to win due to Mallory's play and Sparky's. I almost thought the game was one of those "Nobody is mafia" games because of how many clears this game had. I don't really have shout-outs because I'm kind of happy this game is over.

Oh well. Win some, lose some. Fun-ish game guys!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ROFL Laundry we already talked about this. No comment.

That's a pretty big leap from what I said, all I was saying was the attempt to fake a guilty, while you couldn't have known it would have been countered by a tracker, was just unnecessary and threw unneeded wifom into the game that was already plagued by it. The fact that FML was lynched despite the gambit being shown false in the thread shows that it was unnecessary to lynch him.

Town just never had any reliable anchor to rely on, and when options arose for that to happen all the random wifom weakend it. J+Moosey should have been pretty reliable, but Moosey had already given up and stopped playing beforehand. Bard was the cop but lied about a guilty which just raises unneeded questions. Laundry was the closest the town had to an anchor and he was independent. Slick didn't do much and neither did Ryu, and Glyph did nothing but play anti-town.
I don't think so since that's what seems to be implied in your post. Anyway, the gambit on FML was great in concept but obviously was a then-unexplored travesty waiting to happen. Luckily things worked out regardless.

Just because the gambit was proven false doesn't mean that I didn't have good intentions, lynch all liars is a terrible policy and we all know this already. Plus, it was unreasonable for mafia to make this kind of play at that stage of the game considering they were in no immediate danger of losing.

I would have totes anchored by that point because playing inactive was obviously not helping (still not sure why mafia focused me a few nights but whatevz), but abduction is LAAAAME.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Good job scumteam, they did really good job distancing themselves. Some things were obvious now in hindsight like Soup's omgus on Alex and Spak's backpedaling, but the team did well.

Town on the other hand, the best townie player was the indie, lopl

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

Tell me what I can do better as scum instead of relying on ate without getting burned out ty
Your pushes as scum are absolutely moronic--they're all the things I could and did call you scummy for this game. Your weird approach onto J came out of nowhere and it was formed for all these bat**** reasons. Your approach to me was even worse. If not for your abduction D3, there's a reasonable chance you could've gotten lynched and I felt you should've been lynched D4 if town wasn't mired in the masons vs Raz debate. You need to find a way to make your pushes feel more natural, not necessarily genuine, and a big aspect of that comes from the timing and the logic behind it. Take a look at how Mallorean formed his pushes this game--that was spot on for how a scum needs to approach the game.

You have two other big flags for individual meta in terms of your scum play: as mafia, you tend to get REALLY preachy. You did that some this game and you did it egregiously in Luigi's Mansion 2 to the point where I look for you doing it in any game I play with you. As mafia you have a giant affinity for the armchair--which ties into my other point: when you aren't sure if you want to commit to something as a mafiat, you have a tendency to make posts that ultimately try to play to both sides without really giving a solid or reasonable conclusion for yourself. I called you for that exact behavior in my entrance to the game.

To boil it down into a single sentence: commit, but with meaning. It's very hard to lynch someone when it looks like they believe in what they're saying.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Obligatory scumteam victory metal:

Anyways, here is the Mafia chat. It was through SB PMs not a QT and Smashboards wouldn't let me upload the super-nice 20MB PNGs because they don't accept file sizes above 3.7-4-ish MB, so I had to pretty much half the resolution and convert it to JPG.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll stand by my J shot til the day I die, you punks can't stop this

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I'll stand by my J shot til the day I die, you punks can't stop this
It wasn't your shot as much as your complete lack of presence in the game after the fact and that your reasons for shooting him didn't make much sense.

Like it was the very beginning so you could have just said "Cause I don't like J" or whatever and that would have been more believable.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What Glyph did was anti-town as all hell, but not scummy, there is a clear difference between the two.

Saying 'because he didn't like J' would not have changed anything because people would have been like 'omg that reasoning is so scum omg y would u just shoot someone with no connections being formed blah blah blah y would u use it that way ur just scum trying to use a bad excuse to get away with ur role ability'.

I mean, really, that's what ended up happening anyway.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gotta love when mod confirmed only means you can kind of trust your role PM, you boners

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was really surprised and disappointed to see that when I was looking at modchat. Why include mod bastardry at all? If you're going to include some, why only that one random thing?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yep. I did that. That's also the first time I think I've ever done that.

So much **** happened this could be a Shakespearean tragedy.

I'm the most sad that the two replacements I had bailed on me and the modkill accelerated the game an extra phase.

ALSO MOOSY'S ROLE PM POST!!!!
Just don't do that again.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It was his justification for the addition of Stump reporter+odd night cop+jailer masons+Inno Child. He needed a bunch of anti-town as **** roles to balance out the fact that all these roles either cleared each other, themselves, or others. So he *******-modded a bunch of ****.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
So playing here was pretty interesting compared to playing on my home forum for quite a few reasons.

One thing I try to do as scum is just be really honest. Laundry kind of mentioned this above, but its much easier to make pushes if you really believe in what you're saying. People do enough scummy stuff that you can often just play your town game, but whenever you need to make a decision between several options town!you would consider, you can just choose the one that will benefit the scumteam the most. This also helps a ton with keeping your alignment separate from your posts. So, that said, despite being scum, I never once lied in the thread about my valuation decisions. All that stuff I said D1 about dayvigs is how I'd honestly play it as town. My votal analysis only came to incorrect conclusions because I gave it bad starting assumptions (and after we lynched FML, I realized that I should have done a version with correct info to try to find our traitor as soon as RR dropped that info. I /think/ that analysis would have turned up FML as a primary candidate, and we could have avoided that mistake.)

So, sure anti-town and pro-scum are different things. They really are. But as long as you allow town to do anti-town stuff, scum can get away with it to. Scum doesn't even /need/ to do pro-scum stuff in the thread if you're letting them be anti-town without consequences. So, no, town!mal really does want to lynch you for being anti-town, even if I can't come up with a reason for why scum in your position would do that. Because I didn't want you to do that anti-town thing this game, I don't want you to do it next game, and the only mechanical recourse I have is making you dead. And if the meta becomes "lynch people that are anti-town", /that/ is protown. You might say "Well then how will people with power roles intentionally play badly to avoid the NK?" Um . . . people should never intentionally play badly. It doesn't end well. Evidence: This game (and others I've played). Like, somebody has to be the towniest player, but if nobody even tries and the bar is set too low, scum don't even need to put in any effort to be town.

All of that said, while I felt like I played well, this win was entirely off the back of town's mistakes.

When I got jailed N1, I was sure that we were going to be screwed whenever massclaim happened. I /still/ don't believe that we managed to make it past that unlucky start.

Honestly I'm curious why Mafia shot me. It won them the game but it was a dangerous ****ing shot leaving a cop, tracker, and inno child still on the board while Mallorean also was knowledgeable of the masons. I was banking on not getting shot for that reason because I felt all three of those warranted priority.
As spak said, my abduct ability only worked the first 3 nights, so we were banking on winning at the earlier possible point. Lynching FML set us back half a day, (and the modkill brought us back on target) but on N3, we had narrowed the possible Indies down to you, Raz, or Moosy. Between the 3 of those, we wanted to kill one, roleblock a second, and track a third. (we wanted to abduct the cop to dodge protection and deny him a check) Soup was stuck roleblocking Moosy because he had made that decision on N2 and my abduct had locked it in, so we were looking at tracking and nking between you and Raz. You got shot because we figured we could mislynch Raz on D4 because of how afk he was (as it turns out, we could).

Before RR's info on D3 though, we were planning on shooting Slick and abducting J, to insure we didn't accidentally kill our traitor before D4. We just had to switch things up once we knew your role and that you had marked me on N1. We actually thought that if your N2 mark was still alive that you'd want to explode those 2 people N3, and we also figured that the track Raz, NK you, also gave us the best chance of winning if you or Raz had killed me overnight.

If I had known that J and Moosy were masons though, we probably would have done something completely different. But, daychat is strong enough as it is, so I was assuming that my roleblock was from some other source, so I figured that leaving J alone was harmless enough, and that I'd rather kill the guy that roleblocked me. Having Moosy stay out of that chat was one of the smartest things they did all game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Under normal circumstances, condoning anti-town behavior is not a good thing, but being able to recognize when a player makes a big mistake like that is important. Taking a mechanical outlook towards the slot after the mistake has been made is bad play because the slot gets chalked up to policy and scum get away with a free lynch. Town needs to be more aware of the intent of the slot and what it's trying to achieve from both ends of the spectrum. If the slot is Town, analyze why would they do what they did, and check to see if it makes more sense for scum to do the same action. Based simply on how the thread was going, no one expected Glyph to shoot, as everyone began to look at him as a viable lynch the moment he did it. It wasn't coordinated and was textbook anti-town.

No, we don't want people doing **** like that because it ruins games. Mistakes like these happen though and it's up to Town to see between the lines and keep fighting to the end without giving away a free lynch. To that end, I am glad Ryker/Dietz intentionally denied the vig shot.

Less Anti-town behavior, more analysis of intent. That's a compromise I'll make any day of the week.

Last edited:

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Player thoughts:

J: Having a private chat with you made me ridiculously nervous all of Day2. All game, I was just waiting for you to just solve the game, call me scum, and make us lose, but it never happened. Earlier comments about your role making you lazy this game seem kind of true. I'd love to play with you again when you're more on top of your game. And yeah, AtE sucks, and I personally try to completely ignore it.

Maven: Day1, you were saying the things that town!me would have been saying and getting lynched for. Oops, that's the kind of thing you get from meta clashes. I'm not really sure what you could have done better honestly, with this crowd. I mean, besides getting somebody else lynched before you were. Glyph should have probably died D1, but after that was clearly not happening, you needed to pivot to somewhere else a wee bit faster. I'd really like to see how you'd play in a game with less anti-town bull**** going on.

Bard: Despite your intentions, I thought you were the second towniest person in the thread on D1. It really felt like you were going to be a real problem and possible solve the game, and we considered aiming the N1NK at you. Everything after that was kind of a disaster though, and I really think that your actions on D3 were a big part of what made town lose this game. Also, the AtE **** at the end of Day3 (Soup and FML are also guilty of this) makes me not want to play on this site again. I really don't know how you can come out of this game thinking you were the only townie to play well.

RR: Stumping at all was a terrible mistake given the level of game-solving you did afterwards. Given the numbers involved, we probably would have lost to the avalanche of clears if you hadn't stumped, or possible lost to a speedwagon if you saved your stump for when you had a large wagon aimed at you. That said, your start was good enough that we really didn't think you'd be under any threat to get lynched and aimed the N1NK at you (which wouldn't have worked even if I wasn't jailed) And if you had put a little more time into D4, you might have caught us. Oh well.

Raziek: I feel like this was a case of "You shouldn't sign up for a game you don't have time for, even if Drew asks nicely" I was hoping to pocket you early, and that kind of happened, but later you were just too easy of a target. I feel like that wouldn't have been the case if you had time to play.

Laundry: The only player holding town together at all. Though, I don't really see how the indy could ever win in this setup. We would have shot you N1, but we figured that /of course/ you'd get protection, and you didn't seem to be onto any of us at all. And your last minute suspicion of me on D3 definitely didn't help you avoid eating that NK.

Fandangox: You asked some sharp questions, but everybody ignored them and you didn't have enough thread presence to make that a Thing. But, you never felt mislynchable, and Spak's track made you a possible PR. That you were the only person to suspect me at that point in the thread was gravy on top of the PR hunting. We really thought that your kill might have made some people reconsider the game on D3 in a dangerous way, but then Bardull sucked all the oxygen out of the room and the Soup Abduct, Fanny kill strangeness didn't get the airtime it should have. You were about the same as Maven, swallowed whole by the Glyph thing, and didn't push enough for the Town Leader crown to investigate other stuff in the meantime.

Glyph: Your early stuff, outside of the shot which was objectively wrong, was pretty good. Your afkness was awful. Only Zaixl oneupped you in trying to be the scum MVP without being scum. We would have kept you alive till D3 to keep crapping up the thread if we could have gotten away with it.

Moosy: Playing badly to try to stay alive till endgame is still playing badly. And you'd better have that endgame on lock if that's going to be your strategy.

Slick: If anything, this game should have taught you an important less, one I learned just a couple games ago. You have to try to be a townleader and you can't trust anybody's analysis or wagons but your own. Sometimes, all the normal townleaders roll scum. Othertimes, they're wrong in ways that are obvious to everybody else, but somebody has to stand up to to them. Playing with unfamiliar mechanics and players is hard, but if you're not going to take charge, scum will. And I did. Be more of your own man next time. You really should have had some hard questions about how both you and I survived to D4 if we were both right AND town.

Zaixl: Don't sign up for games you don't have time to play. Even if Drew asks nicely.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Team Shoutouts:

FML: I feel really bad that I ended up lynching you and I would have hated rolling your role. I think if I had tried to do votal analysis to find our last teammate, that would have worked. That said, you were playing pretty scummy, and I feel like it was mostly only getting a pass due to meta. But, you were there for us when mislynches needed to happen, so you definitely an important member of the team . . . that I ran over with an accidental buss. Hey, at least we got you the post death victory!

Soup: We definitely have completely different ideas of how you should play mafia, but it was a pleasure scumming with you. You withstood the hardest of busses, and came out looking even townier for it, and you were willing to do whatever the team needed to win, be it intentionally ****ting up the thread, hammering mislynches, or not getting to play the game for an entire week. I'd love to scum with you again.

Spak: Everytime you'd post your meandering walls, or your weak questions, I thought to myself "Oh no, spak's really going to get caught this time" Yet, you managed to talk yourself right back out of any sticky situations you found yourself in, and win over half the game. Even if I was a little harsh at times in scumchat, it was just because I was hungry for the W. And you were more than accommodating on all of my tyrannical requests. I /think/ that if you play this way again as scum, it won't be quite enough as the new player pass starts to wear off, but I'm sure that you'll be able to step up your game. I definitely would be excited to be on a scum team with you again in the future.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think partly what killed us is that we decided the teams in the last day. Joosy/Mallo vs Spak/Soup/Raziek. What's funny, is that someone kept saying "What if Mallo isn't town, and the other two are?" but Moosy was SO against that idea so I figured either he knew something as a towny that I didn't, or they were on a scum team.

I learned a lot from this game, and look forward to becoming a better player. I'll be more confident in my play next time. But @MoosyDoosy I just wanna say that when you seemed to startt being dishonest, it really did screw us up. I trusted J before that. (I guess both of you though Mallo was town anyway, so it doesn't make THAT much of a difference.) But I agree with the above posts- being honest always helps. Lying almost got Bard lynched too, who was also town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bard: Despite your intentions, I thought you were the second towniest person in the thread on D1. It really felt like you were going to be a real problem and possible solve the game, and we considered aiming the N1NK at you. Everything after that was kind of a disaster though, and I really think that your actions on D3 were a big part of what made town lose this game. Also, the AtE **** at the end of Day3 (Soup and FML are also guilty of this) makes me not want to play on this site again. I really don't know how you can come out of this game thinking you were the only townie to play well.
I never said I was the only townie to play well, don't put words in my mouth. My actions on D3 didn't cause the Town to lose regardless of what you think would substantiate that claim.

All I've done so far in the thread today is point out the biggest mistakes while defending myself when people seem to think I'm working up an ego for having played well, which actually isn't true at all. There's no denying that you getting a free pass to D4 without anyone analyzing N1 saved your ass. The scum team made many mistakes with their night action selection as well; very lucky that town destroyed themselves despite the number of clears. I conceded that my gambit put Town in a VERY tight spot when I got counter claimed, but we worked our way out of it. Needless to say I won't ever make that kind of approach ever again as it was hardly conventional to begin with.

Edit: As far as the AtE goes, we've been over it already, there's no need to bring it up for a third time.

Last edited:

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Play Hard =/= AtE ****storms

I hated it when Raz/Ryker brought that crap to my site, and I came into this game on this site knowing that I was going to have to swallow my bile and ignore it during the game. But this is now after the game.

People shouldn't need to "not take it personally", players should just try to be decent human beings AND avoid posting anything about RL in the game. PTW in sports doesn't mean you try to intentionally injure the other team, and PTW in mafia doesn't need to mean that you try to intentionally make other players feel ****ty IRL to gain an in game advantage.

If you don't like me calling out things I find to be unacceptable, then I guess you can look forward to having a hard time gaining new regular players around here.

That said, there are enough players that I like around here that I'll probably stick around, depending on when the next game starts.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup: We definitely have completely different ideas of how you should play mafia, but it was a pleasure scumming with you. You withstood the hardest of busses, and came out looking even townier for it, and you were willing to do whatever the team needed to win, be it intentionally ****ting up the thread, hammering mislynches, or not getting to play the game for an entire week. I'd love to scum with you again.
It was a very convenient power outage, but i digress. I don't think I really did much besides distract J and Laundry, but my intention wasn't really to be an asshat, I was just trying to get them to town-read me. I wanted to appeal to what they know of me and in the past I have played messy, so my approach was kinda like that. That's the whole reason my pushes didn't really make sense but I agree with Laundry on his advice and I'll try to be a bit more calculated next time.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Play Hard =/= AtE ****storms

I hated it when Raz/Ryker brought that crap to my site, and I came into this game on this site knowing that I was going to have to swallow my bile and ignore it during the game. But this is now after the game.

People shouldn't need to "not take it personally", players should just try to be decent human beings AND avoid posting anything about RL in the game. PTW in sports doesn't mean you try to intentionally injure the other team, and PTW in mafia doesn't need to mean that you try to intentionally make other players feel ****ty IRL to gain an in game advantage.

If you don't like me calling out things I find to be unacceptable, then I guess you can look forward to having a hard time gaining new regular players around here.

That said, there are enough players that I like around here that I'll probably stick around, depending on when the next game starts.
I didn't post anything RL related in the game with the intent of appealing to emotion, except maybe that I might be busy (which is true?) so I'm not sure that exactly counts as AtE from your perspective. I think you've got the wrong idea about the legitimacy of AtE and when it's going too far.

I hope you haven't gotten an inflated ego for winning this game. The amount of luck that occurred is probably not going to happen again. You're not a bad player, but even you already conceded that Town ate themselves alive while you left multiple clears to roam D4.

Ryker and Raz pulling AtE on your site? @Raziek #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker would never do that, lol wtf?

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Come on Bardull, Soup Vs Mal bussing was a big reason why both slots stopped being pursued hard, they got very lucky with J and Moosy failing to connect the dots on the lack of N1 kill, but their distancing helped their game a lot.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Naw, don't get it twisted, I already conceded that he wasn't a bad player. Spak did a good job too. Soup I was always hesitant to deal with. To that end, they did fine.

What I don't like is how he's telling me that our site and our way of playing the game makes bile rise in his throat prior to him coming here. How he thinks anyone here would be ok with him saying that is beyond me, alongside speaking poorly of Raz and Ryker.

He's not my type of guy, I guess.

Maven89

Smash Master
I just want everyone to acknowledge that Glyph played worse then Zaixl, and maybe the public shaming will get Glyph to not act like a ****** and pretend it's playing mafia

I think Mallo is right, Dgames has this crazy hero fascination where everyone here wants to think they're some james-bond hero who will "do anti-town FOR THE TOWN" and it basically never ****ing works. I blame Marshy for it, but people need to stop it cause it's just bad play, and the only reason it works on this site like to play like abused housewives. Open dayvigs at the start of day 1 and players here will fawn on the ****** that did it. It's always a dumb move, no excuse, I don't care if Ryker once ****ed over a town and drove a great player away forever but guys lols he got mafia too (like four days later), it's still a **** move. So was Gorf's revenge and Glyph's attempt to fake a personality or pretend to be a human being, or whatever he was doing.

I noticed really soon after I got here that you guys literally have some sort of hero worship going on with players like RYker and Marshy and will essentially blow these players and attempt to emulate their every action. It's like some weird playground hero isolation mixed with just pathetic ass kicking, which I'll just point out isn't a problem because those players were capable of doing something with it. Others are not

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nah, you have it wrong. It's not about trying to be like Marshy or Ryker, it's just more about stubbornness. People just need to get over themselves and stop making games into a pissing contest. There is a reason why we got rid of the MVP System and it's because people were focused on the right reads compared to the right means. That might sound weird but essentially nobody cared about working with others and instead just forced their agenda, and whoever wasn't in line either got voted out or faded into the background. Right reads don't mean anything if you lack the power to convince people to vote with you or for them to listen.

This is not a good way to play mafia, and the main factor as to why town usually loses games is because they aren't playing like a team. Scum played like a team and won because of it, town didn't. End of.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Noticed I missed image 5 in the final post, where Relius is quoting the police chief for comment, fixed)

Okay, so right off the bat I'd like to say: Thank you everyone for playing, and I hope regardless of what happened to you this game you had a good time! I always enjoy hosting and I really gave it my all again on flavor posting, so I hope everyone appreciates that. I love making them elaborate, but it does take a big personal commitment on my part to make those flavors impromptu each time a major event happens (that final scene in particular took 4 hours after driving for 4 hours back from a funeral D: ), so I'm going to take a moment to toot my own horn and say: Who really liked em, and do you wanna see em again!? Like, comment, and subscribe!

When I return from dinner: We dish on the setup this game, the ideas behind the setup, where I think it went right, and where it went horribly wrong! Get hype!

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
What I don't like is how he's telling me that our site and our way of playing the game makes bile rise in his throat prior to him coming here. How he thinks anyone here would be ok with him saying that is beyond me, alongside speaking poorly of Raz and Ryker.
Ok, "bile" was probably a bit strong and over the line. I apologize.

Though I really did wonder if I'd be able to keep my enthusiasm for the game up if the mood in the thread went seriously south (like it did, twice). Fortunately, I rolled scum and could just lurk it out without damaging my win condition. If I had rolled town, the AtE stuff would have been far more distressing to me (like Slick found it to be)

Separately, I really do like and respect both Raz and Ryker. If I didn't, I wouldn't have signed up for this game. However, just because I like and respect them as people, doesn't mean that I have to like and respect every aspect of how they play Mafia. And I don't. And they already know that because we've talked about it before. That's the extent of it. I'm not trying to **** talk them, I'm just trying to be open about how I find certain things incredibly distasteful.

Maven89

Smash Master
Nah, you have it wrong. It's not about trying to be like Marshy or Ryker, it's just more about stubbornness. People just need to get over themselves and stop making games into a pissing contest. There is a reason why we got rid of the MVP System and it's because people were focused on the right reads compared to the right means. That might sound weird but essentially nobody cared about working with others and instead just forced their agenda, and whoever wasn't in line either got voted out or faded into the background. Right reads don't mean anything if you lack the power to convince people to vote with you or for them to listen.

This is not a good way to play mafia, and the main factor as to why town usually loses games is because they aren't playing like a team. Scum played like a team and won because of it, town didn't. End of.
This makes me feel stupid that i didn't consider the obvious answer of "we're being stubborn" and instead came up with a whole hero worship theory : |

Spak Spak Images don't work, tells me I don't have permission to view it

Last edited:

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Cry me a river, Maven. **** didn't work out because things came up irl but I have no regrets for this game. If you don't like it, try and get me policy lynched next time.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Images don't work, tells me I don't have permission to view it
Huh, they loaded for me just fine. It would be a shame for those logs to not be available to read post game. Hopefully spak can fix that.

On that note, here was my QT with J and Moosy: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Au2Cu3WJ99vk

And I also created a private QT for myself at the start of the game, to draft posts, roleplay town, and express frustration in. I ended up mostly using covenchat instead, but what little I did post is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/xgkTwxUtaMB

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I had fun playing with y'all! (Even if you are a bit too intense for me sometimes lol)

Top Bottom