• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2006- SoCal United December 30th Results

PandaX

Smash Lord

nublet06

Smash Lord
man. so whos going to work out this whole bi weekly / panda tournament situation. maybe since ken and mana said that yesterday would be the last bi weekly of the year, we could do some merging of events or something.

with all of the major talent here im thinking the rest of the palmdale people would rather go here so they can play the people they havent been able to yet. if all of palmdale, all of the superfriends players playing that day, and all of the deep socal players playing that day were at this. it wouldnt make much sense to go to kens.

im not trying to start a war or anything. but i think that the bi weekly festivities should be moved to this. Ken, DSF, hugs, chu, vidjo all at one event? what else could possibly be the "best of 2006" than that kind of turnout?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
w00t, SB tournies are too good. People seriously need to bring cubes this time around, though...

Knivez

Smash Ace
I might be able to attend afterall.
We will definately keep you updated on the development as the end of the year approaches.
-Stay classy, San Diego!

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Seeing as how SB is FAR, I can go if someone can give me a ride. I can get a ride to anyones house in the area surrounding El Monte. Ill bring a TV and Cube/Wii (if we can do boxing money matches)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm attending? I thought I had work that day :\

PandaX

Smash Lord
Hey ken,

Both you and I have no disrespect for one an other right? I don't wanna cramp your parents with the electric bill and the people with the space. I would like to have you guys attend at SB. I think together both you and I can help run this rather well. We've both helped each other out through much and I don't wanna throw any kind of beef ends with you. I'm offering a larger venue and help with running it. I think if we can get a good amount of TVs we can get this thing on the road. We really nead to tag team up with running a large tournament and I think together we can make things happen.

I won't be home until Tuesday but my AIM is on. I'll chat with you more then but yeah let me know. I'm sure SoCal wants us all united.

nublet06

Smash Lord
2 awesome samus players, and 2 awesome peach players. i think my luigi is going to be crying in this tournament. ill have to bust out the secret secondaries.

nothing is gaurenteed but it looks like everyone you see in my banner will be attending.
ROFL
Emerican
BoA
Teba
Aesis
Jizzanator
Peto00
Aesis
and prolly even creepy fingers. dont know about SOS tho.

i just got my wii so im gonna go play that ish. cant wait to see everyone.

P.S. since i will most likely play a samus and peach in the first two rounds of my bracket, i would love to money match the other great players that do not play characters i automatically lose to. just want to insure i dont leave with a turnip bruise and nothing to show for like at every other tournament.

Panda 2 dollar money match?
Mike y 2 dollar money match?
DSF 2 dollar money match marth sheik or fox?
Ultra 2 dollar money match luigi ditto? (or just for free cause i know money is tight)

i will also accept any luigi dittos under 20 dollars.

Edrees i will get my revengies!!!! lol, or get owned even more by trying to counter pick with my half *** characters. you are too good.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
PANDA!

singles 10 bucks, 10 bucks per team = booo.

haha make it 5 bucks if money is a problem for people, or 20 bucks per person for teams/singles since it is an end of the year tourney and the prizes can be worthwhile. but in all honesty, id rather have as many people here as possible since the few recent tourneys that i have went to i didnt get to play very many of so.cal except like newb a$$ superfriends and that was pretty pointless cuz deepsocal just ***** them anyways.

well thats just my 2 cents on this haha. ill be there tho for sure most likely, maybe you can get AZ to come out again?

PandaX

Smash Lord
5 for singles and 5 for doubles? So pretty much 10 dollars per person you saying? If money is a problem, I wouldn't mind doing that seriously.

I'm up for the MM nublet

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Panda lowers prices, it's a Christmas miracle! But in all seriousness good call, recent SoCal tourneys have left us all pretty broke and with the holidyas around the corner it's lookin pretty grim. Ontop of that this seems more like a fun or pride type of tourney than it does a cash driven one.

PandaX

Smash Lord
If Ken agree's to merge it, then we'll change the name of the tournament to "SoCal United."

It'd be great to have all of socal there for each other huh?

Knivez

Smash Ace
I gotta say panda..that sounds pretty AWESOME POSSUM!
which by the way is far better than Money Want Kids Con Likes. ^_^

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt only consider merging this tourney with kens tourney, but maybe even calling off the SB tourney the week before. In all honesty, luigi can help run this one also. itll 1) save the host the trouble if you guys seriously work together in making it happen 2) wont split attendance, cuz im telling you right now no way im going to 2 tourneys in SB back to back lol. 3) i dont know a 3rd reason, but 3 reasons sounds way more convincing than 2 haha

well, considering this is mostly gonna apply for most of the people in our area from past attendance at tourneys, i think its fairly agreeable that we can conclude one thing:

Deep So Cal ***** everyone. haha.

Knivez

Smash Ace
I concur.
i like you azeem...your skin color is very fair and you speak with such eloquence.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Luigi isnt running that tourney. He just posted the information.

On a second thought, if I'm not working this day, I'll be in attendance.

It would be nice to see ALL of Socal here ;)

Top Bottom