• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBC 1:Lounis' Birthday:$200+ Bonus Pot: M2k, BigLou, Reflex, Seibrik, Kadaj

DRN

Smash Lord
Booty Butt Cheeks(BBC) 1
Hosted By Dynomite! and DRN
April 30th 2011

This is also to celebrate our Favorite Tricks Birthday
Lounis (BigLou)

Yes This is going to be in a Church. This venue is our best option so dont complain about its location. It was not only biggger then the venues we could find but was also free and already came with TV's. So deal with it and come out to show your stuff. Future events will probably move to different venues if we are able to get enough support for this event. Also just so everyone knows the building itself that we will be holding the tournament in is nothing like a church dyno says.

Time: Opening at 10
Registration will begin at 11
Teams will start at 12:30 and singles will follow

PayOut: Will change according to attendance. Will most likely be top 5. At least $200 will be added to the Brawl Singles Pot and Melee will get a bonus pot depending on entrants as well.

BRAWL

[collapse='Stage List and Rules For Brawl']Neutrals: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat

Counter-Picks: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned: Everything else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage then its ok

1. 3 stocks/8min

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, Judgment, or any other means each player agrees on.

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules
DeDeDe's Infinite grab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE(not even once). The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned(do not even do it once). You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death happens, Bowser/Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
Ledge Grab Limit:
The ledge Grab limit will be set to 40. If a character goes over 40 ledge grabs then the other player is the winner.
[/collapse]

MELEE
[collapse='Melee Stages and Rules Stolen From GG']
4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mute City and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
[/collapse]

Side Tourney:
[collapse='Luigi']For Lounis' Birthday we will be hosting a Luigi only side tourney.
Rules: Luigi only. All rules for brawl apply. More rules will be specified at BBC[/COLLAPSE]

Fees:
Door Fee will be set to $10. Door fee will go partially to the brawl/melee events depending on number of entrants for both and the rest will be saved for a large future tourney.

Brawl Entry/Melee Singles Entry: $10 but may lower it for melee depending on interest/entrants.

Brawl/Melee Doubles Entry: $20 per team, same as above for melee.

Side Tourney Entry: $1-$5 depending on interest/attendence

SET UPS!
HALF SETUP=$5 DOOR FEE
FULL=FREE DOORFEE
Read Inside!

[collapse='Current Set Ups']
IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS LIST YOU WILL NOT GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR SET UP UNLESS WE END UP USING THE SET UP.
Tvs:Currently at 25/35
1. Dynomite(2)
2. DRN(1)
3. Zeke (6+)
4. Kaptain(1)
5. BigLou(1)
6. Saltix(1)
7.Mink(1)
8. NoID(1)
9. Player-1(1)
10. SatoshiMinamino(1)
11. thegreatkazoo(1)
12. Mamba(2)
13. Gallax(2)
14. Abdul(1)
15. TheReflexWonder(2)
16. mc-killa(1)

Wiis: Currently at 20/20
1. Dynomite(1)
2. DRN(1)
3. Zeke(2)
4. Kaptain(1)
5. BigLou(1)
6. GDX(1)
7. Mink(1)
8. MilesG2G(1)
9. NoID(1)
10. D-Torr(1)
11. Player-1(1)
12. thegreatkazoo(1)
13. Kola(1)
14. Mamba(1)
15. Gallax(1+)
16. Abdul (1)
17. MilesG2G
18. 2link121
19. Hero

Gamecubes/Melee Wii: Currently at 5/10
1. DRN(1)
2. Player-1(1)
3. FullMetal(1)
4. BBQ(1)
5. Abdul(1)
[/collapse]

Venue and Housing​
[collapse='Places to eat'] There is a Dairy Queen within walking distance of the venue, also there is a McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, and Taco bell within 10 minutes of the venue[/collapse]

[collapse='Housing']
These are the list of people so far who can house. PM for more info.
DRN(Now Full)
NoID
BigLou
Kaptain
[/collapse]

Current Planned Attendance (80+)

Instate:
BigLou
Kismet2
Mike G
SleepyK
s0ft
FullMetal

Scatt
Player-1
Albino
Roxy/Antic/Jamaal/Black Man
4God
BBQ
PB&J
DRN
Dynomite!
Albino
Player-3
Neo-X
NoID(+8 people)
Hichez
Zeke
Nana
harbinger
Lucas
Mamba
Umby
mpc
Diablo
KingK
M.C. Pee-Pants
Gear
drpepper
Abdul
Milesg2g
Flea
Mercy
Kaptain(+1 or 2 people)
Hero
Big~L
Little Beckler
FrozenHobo
B o T/ Red
TheTrueLombardi
SonicMaster
Trouble King
Saltix
Janay
Alex
4 Aces
Waytooscruffy
thegreatkazoo
Iblis(interested)
Grief(interested)
Pain(interested)
SexyPit(interested)
T2 Virus(interested)
Achoo(interested)
Fatality(interested)
Zatch(interested)
Miles(interested)
FWOP(interested)
Richard(interested)

OOS:
Mew2King

AL
TheReflexWonder
Elev8

Bill_
ragnarock
Kola
ShaSLAM
NC
Kadaj
Stockfield
CT
H1N1
Arch
Uncle
Fyre
Dr Peepee(interested)
Keith/Koru(interested)
Maria(interested)
Stingers(interested)
V1CE(interested)
FL
Seibrik
MVD
HRnut

GDX
Mink
D-Torr
Gallax
Zone
Gindler
2-DJeff
2nLio
DJ Jack
2Link121
Ryo
B_AWAL
Xaltis(interested)
Novabound(interested)
Xdeath(interested)
Radix(interested)
Ed(Interested)
MD/VA
D0N(0-2)
chinesahh
PA
kingtoon
Ebo
LA
Turazrok(interested)
BSL(interested)

Scatz

Smash Champion
I would want to come, but i'm pretty sure I'll have no way to get back to ATL. Sorry guys :(

DRN

Smash Lord
looks good except this name is terrible, change the name and FL will come, i can't hype a tournament called "booty butt cheeks" rofl
Haha call it BBC then. Thats what it was meant to be called. Sides boondocks is awesome.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There are better gags from the show, though. You may wish to rethink the name.

Also, I'm gonna show Lounis how to use Luigi correctly.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I personally think the name is fantastic! Its a saturday. I do work on saturdays. But want to make it. Not confirming anything yet, but I need another tourney.

DRN

Smash Lord
There are better gags from the show, though. You may wish to rethink the name.

Also, I'm gonna show Lounis how to use Luigi correctly.
True but this one has a song. I also like the name BBC which is another reason why we picked it.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I'm gonna do the best I can to NOT work this day
and then destroy Lounis with my pocket luigi that i'm gonna start training tonight.

You guys should have an Ike only tournament for me since my birthday is in april also :awesome:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Oh my lord, best name ever son lololol.

It's even better than The Midnight Booty Express
lolol yo we so in there lol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Me and Miles may be able to go. Need to confirm that with him.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
What's w/ all the Boondocks Avis?

You guys know my cousin made that show right?

Aaron McGruder
Miles McGruder

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Depending on if I am still here (I'm currently waiting to hear the results of an interview I had Wednesday, *knocks on wood), I will show up.

If McPee is cool to team with me, I'll go pick him up.

And I will bring my Setup and a TV, and my HDPVR.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Depending on if I am still here (I'm currently waiting to hear the results of an interview I had Wednesday, *knocks on wood), I will show up.

If McPee is cool to team with me, I'll go pick him up.

And I will bring my Setup and a TV, and my HDPVR.

Haha Tgk how come you only pick people up if they team w/ you?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well I mean sure, but I'm saying like M2K, and McP lol. I'm just curious why you'd like offer to take them if they'd team w/ you, when you could just take them.
It's obviously because he wants to make a business proposition out of it, rather than a service to help the community. Whether it's to stand a fighting chance in tournament or to outright win some money is not something I can say, though, apparently, people were complaining about his exorbitant ride charges at one point; however, I don't know much about the latter.

Not to be mean about it, but there's no way that either of them would team with him otherwise. I imagine he likes winning, and teaming with such players would help his cause in that, though many people probably see it as a **** move. There's nothing in his offers that would suggest sarcasm, either.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I mean I don't mean to cause trouble or anything TGK, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not when you say stuff like that. And if you aren't I just think it's kinda harsh if you could easily take someone to a venue charging them 5 dollars instead of like asking them to team. Our community needs the best attendance ever, epsecially considering how many people in GA play this game and just can't afford or make it out to our events.

Top Bottom