• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hmm. Interesting date.

Anyway.....to my question I asked Kamiya "What do you think is the most important part of #Bayonetta's & Jeanne's character in your opinion?"

He answered; Everything.
:D

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think it would be cool if we got W101 characters as Mii alternaternate costumes. Wonder Red could be for the Mii Brawler, Wonder Blue the Mii Swordsman, and Wonder Green the Mii Gunner. And so on.
If we can't get Bayonetta this game......I would accept her Costume and fight for next game!

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I suppose costumes would be fine. But, holy moly, Bayonetta must be a full-on fighter for Smash. Imagine how much support the series will get if she's in. Seriously, isn't the Xenoblade series now more notable because Shulk made it in? She'd be such a unique fighter, too. Why do people think she would be a clone/alt of Zero Suit Samus, anyway? You don't make a third-party fighter a clone.

What music do you guys want in Smash? "The Greatest Jubilee" better be there!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I suppose costumes would be fine. But, holy moly, Bayonetta must be a full-on fighter for Smash. Imagine how much support the series will get if she's in. Seriously, isn't the Xenoblade series now more notable because Shulk made it in? She'd be such a unique fighter, too. Why do people think she would be a clone/alt of Zero Suit Samus, anyway? You don't make a third-party fighter a clone.

However, we should consider the uniqueness part of Bayonetta, which is what we should focus a little more, even though Kamyia and Sakurai will likely collaberate on the moveset for future smash entries.

Bayonetta would be more focused on a damage-builder to finisher type fighter. Bayonetta's moon pearl meter
is the main distinct mechanic; the meter fills up as Bayonetta deals damage, yet depletes if she takes damage. When the meter is full, she has various options to activate a powerful move: Full-charged smash attacks allows wicked attacks, primarily featuring Madama butterfly; Throws would translate to torture attacks that can send opponents flying farther.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
However, we should consider the uniqueness part of Bayonetta, which is what we should focus a little more, even though Kamyia and Sakurai will likely collaberate on the moveset for future smash entries.

Bayonetta would be more focused on a damage-builder to finisher type fighter. Bayonetta's moon pearl meter
is the main distinct mechanic; the meter fills up as Bayonetta deals damage, yet depletes if she takes damage. When the meter is full, she has various options to activate a powerful move: Full-charged smash attacks allows wicked attacks, primarily featuring Madama butterfly; Throws would translate to torture attacks that can send opponents flying farther.
My pipe dream idea for Bayonetta's moveset would be Bayonetta switching weapons when you press the B button (kinda like Shulk's Monado Arts). It works like weapon switching in the main games. For example, she would have Rakshasa/Agni for Set A and Chernobog/Alruna for Set B. Or Rakshasa/Love Is Blue for Set A and Shuraba/Durga for Set B (to represent both games).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In response to the "too sexual" argument, they could simply tone it down in Smash, and focus more on Bayonetta's saucy side. Plus, on some levels, ZSS's alternate costumes kind of throw that argument out of the window.

Like a previous poster said, if they could make Solid Snake work, then they can certainly make Bayonetta work. In mine opinion, she has much more moveset potential than Snake.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The most common issues that I've seen are:

-too sexualized (I mentioned Anarchy Reigns on the previous page to try and counter that one)

-Sega already has a character (depending on if the Ryu files mean that he's actually planned as a DLC character, that one might not be an issue; in either case, I'd be willing to argue that she'd be more of a Platinum Games character, seeing as her only appearances (including one in a game that Sega had nothing to do with) were in Platinum-made games)

-uses realistic firearms (most of her combat is melee-based, with the guns only coming into play if you hold down the attack button, there are plenty of alternatives in terms of weapons, and when you fight against Bayonetta or Jeanne, the guns fire large red orbs instead of bullets)

-Kamiya doesn't want Bayonetta in Smash Bros. (a common misconception based on his Twitter responses; Hideki Kamiya said he would be honoured if any of his characters were included in Smash Bros.)

-she wouldn't fit in (I'm sure this will be brought up by someone, but it doesn't make sense to me - Smash Bros. is a crossover game. You wouldn't expect Kirby to fit in with Metroid's setting, or the Villager to fit in with F-Zero's setting, but in a game like Smash Bros. that's all about crossing over franchises, that sort of thing is the norm)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The most common issues that I've seen are:

-too sexualized (I mentioned Anarchy Reigns on the previous page to try and counter that one)

-Sega already has a character (depending on if the Ryu files mean that he's actually planned as a DLC character, that one might not be an issue; in either case, I'd be willing to argue that she'd be more of a Platinum Games character, seeing as her only appearances (including one in a game that Sega had nothing to do with) were in Platinum-made games)

-uses realistic firearms (most of her combat is melee-based, with the guns only coming into play if you hold down the attack button, there are plenty of alternatives in terms of weapons, and when you fight against Bayonetta or Jeanne, the guns fire large red orbs instead of bullets)

-Kamiya doesn't want Bayonetta in Smash Bros. (a common misconception based on his Twitter responses; Hideki Kamiya said he would be honoured if any of his characters were included in Smash Bros.)

-she wouldn't fit in (I'm sure this will be brought up by someone, but it doesn't make sense to me - Smash Bros. is a crossover game. You wouldn't expect Kirby to fit in with Metroid's setting, or the Villager to fit in with F-Zero's setting, but in a game like Smash Bros. that's all about crossing over franchises, that sort of thing is the norm)
- She would steal the slot of "X more "deserving" third party/indie character".

Though the same can be argued for any character that isn't a first or second party character because "muh Nintendo All Stars for Smash" arguments.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Alright guys, I'm done with the rating now.
I want you guys to nominate x5 Bayonetta to the top, because it appears I have a large schedule to do too. Lot's of things to do right now between Thursday and Saturday. ._.
So the Bayonetta rating has to be Wednesday, otherwise I'm inactive for a while.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman

I had that idea too, but I have no doubt that song list would be similar to the fans if officially put in Smash:

Bayonetta 1:

Fly me to the Moon (Infinite Climax)
Mysterious Destiny (Lyrics and No Lyrics)
Fortitudo - In Labor and Dangers
Temperantia - In Forgoing Pleasures
Red and Black
You May Call Me Father
The Greatest Jubilee

Bayonetta 2:

Moon River (Infinite Climax)
Tomorrow is Mine
Gomorah - Devourer of DIvine
Glamour - in Charm and Allure
Lumen Sage and Foritudo
Lumen Sage and Temperantia
Alraune - Whisperer of Insanity
Aesir

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I had that idea too, but I have no doubt that song list would be similar to the fans if officially put in Smash:

Bayonetta 1:

Fly me to the Moon (Infinite Climax)
Mysterious Destiny (Lyrics and No Lyrics)
Fortitudo - In Labor and Dangers
Temperantia - In Forgoing Pleasures
Red and Black
You May Call Me Father
The Greatest Jubilee

Bayonetta 2:

Moon River (Infinite Climax)
Tomorrow is Mine
Gomorah - Devourer of DIvine
Glamour - in Charm and Allure
Lumen Sage and Foritudo
Lumen Sage and Temperantia
Alraune - Whisperer of Insanity
Vs Aesir
This just lack "Let's dance boys!" from the first game.

Also, I would choose "The Lumen Sage" over the two other Lumen sage themes. And maybe add Insidious, because I love it :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Something tells me that it could be another original game like Scalebound (Hopefully something that has a Wii U release). While I wouldn't mind a Bayonetta 3 being announced, I'm afraid it's too soon for one to be made.
A Jeanne Spin-off is very likely for Nintendo 3DS. However, its too soon for all other options.
Darn. Oh well. Maybe that Captain Falcon game will happen in the future (hopefully not too long)

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys! Sorry for the double post, but Bayonetta has been chosen for tomorrow's RTC thread! We should probably show some support for her tomorrow!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Let's not inflate the chance scores though, they'll immediately think of us as trashy supporters if we do. :L

My chance analysis covers everything regarding Bayonetta, borrowing some ideas from the support thread and everything I know about Platinum Games.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'll just copy in some of my pre-written paragraphs for the RTC thread if I remember. :p

Legend of Aesir
All of the vocal Bayonetta-singing ones........obviously:p
Battle for the Umbran Throne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEa9r2H8I7o
The Lumen Sage
Lumen Sage & Fortitudo
Beyond Time
Vallor in Courage and Gallantry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvWAjpX1y8I
Let's Dance Boys!

Bayonetta has so much great music that I doubt most of them will get in. :(
That Jeanne spinoff? Bayonetta 3? A Captain Falcon action game?!
I would LOVE a Jeanne spinoff called : Jeanne XD.
B3 is a bit too soon for me.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I will try to de/confirm right now.

Edit: Not in the last 24hrs. Also.....LOL.
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/608081641458655232

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

"You may call me father" or bust, that's easily my favourite Bayonetta song

Oh and "One of a kind" and "Aesir" would be nice too

But what about stages? I'd love to see a stage that takes you through Inferno, the human world and paradiso with Angels and Demons as stage hazards

Or maybe we could have a stage that takes you through time and although it'd be very spoilerish a stage taking place atop Jubileus would be the greatest thing to ever exist

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Sorry to break the hope, but Hashimoto retweets anything he wants. Look at his feed.
I do not count his retweet as a hint to anything.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About stages, I personally want the first level. Fighting on a plane, a train, slowed down boulders and against Gomorrah would be fun.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My Stage Ideas: ( I would preferably have a travelling stage for Bayonetta....just because they show off the most usually.)
  • Vigrid (includes the train station)
  • Training Grounds / Sunrise &Crescent Valleys.
  • Noatun with Fimbulventer
  • Trinity of Realities
  • THAT:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, also, on the topic of music, we all forgot to mention the Gates of Hell theme!

I know, it's not an "action" music, but eh. We can fight on Midna's Lament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom