• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
those ballot poll "results" were fan made, the image was literally posted 3 days after the poll was first announced. I would avoid using that thing as a reference for anything, let alone to back up your side of a debate.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
mountainsofmouthness.com
bayo.jpg

I got a reply of "No Bayonetta. Shovel better. ShovelKnight for Smash.":rotfl:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Currently in finished 2 chapters in Bayonetta, TBH, after looking at the controversial parts of her attacks, it really isn't so bad. The only true part is when Bayonetta finishes a boss down, that's where nudity is most notable. But that can be easily censored a bit more with more of her hair surrounding her parts, I think people are really over-exaggerating her nudity problem.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
They are overexaggerating indeed. In Bayonetta 2 (finally got the game and finished the scenario), the "invocation" outfit is a little bit less revealing than in the first game. It's still revealing, but does cover what it needs to cover.

As for huge invocations, it's easily "censorable" by doing a cinematic FS, like Falcon's or Duck hunt's one. Even if it means that Bayonetta won't be seen at all during it.

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
The nudity issue is overexaggerated alot, you could easily get rid of the hair leaving her body effect, and it's not like smash has'nt had sexualized female characters before (ZSS).

I think bayonetta or a platinum games character atleast, is pretty deserving of being in smash, when it comes down to it, I think Platinum games have been more supportive of nintendo the last two gens then capcom or namco have been, they created madworld for the wii and worked with nintendo on both bayonetta and 101.

I don't understand why people would think she'd have a lack of moveset either, the game is based around unique combos and weapon swapping to which theres like what 20 weapons between both games? there's enough moves there to fill her moveset and alot of custom moves.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About the nudity, I also think that the "invocation" mode isn't necessary.

I mean, this:

It IS part of the character, but only the main costume does it. Every other costumes doesn't transform, and... It's absolutely fine in Bayonetta.
There's also Umbram Climax, or Bayonetta 1 "Serious Mode" where she send tons of wicked weaves without stripping.

And about the moveset... With Bayonetta 2 alone, there's enough weapons to choose. Alraune as a tether grab is a must (See? It's a ZSS clone :troll:)

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I'm all for Bayo.
Awesome and really really fun personality, great looks (dem legs!), biggest move-set potential ever (Seriously, go play Bayonetta 1 + 2 and see it for yourself), catchy music, etc etc.

The whole "too sexy" argument still seems moot seeing how ZSS made it in. Bayonetta in her second game may show of more skin (on her back), but doesn't look as sexualized as ZSS's skin-tight costume.
Heck, look at Captain Falcon! You can see every single muscle through his clothes!
They even placed two yellow buttons over his nipples, making him look (extremely manly) awkward!!
And don't forget: The human character showing off the most skin is still Shulk in his swimwear alt, showing off more skin than ZSS space-bikini thing.

As people pointed out; Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive helps her chances.

Let's vote for Bayonetta in the Smash Ballot! ; )

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... Someone told me that "Bayonetta is anti charismatic". lel.

Same applies to Snake. Double lel.

Edit: Oh, and he is sure that Bayonetta won't be in because of Kamiya on Twitter. Triple lel.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Currently in finished 2 chapters in Bayonetta, TBH, after looking at the controversial parts of her attacks, it really isn't so bad. The only true part is when Bayonetta finishes a boss down, that's where nudity is most notable. But that can be easily censored a bit more with more of her hair surrounding her parts, I think people are really over-exaggerating her nudity problem.
Oh, I can't even express how much I agree.
Great your enjoying Bayonetta 1 so far!!! : D
So... Someone told me that "Bayonetta is anti charismatic". lel.

Same applies to Snake. Double lel.

Edit: Oh, and he is sure that Bayonetta won't be in because of Kamiya on Twitter. Triple lel.
:denzel::awesome:

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just read the below article, which gave me many ideas.

Gamespot.com | What Two Game Series Do You Want To Be In a Crossover Together? - GameSpot Q&A

I think a crossover between Bayonetta and Metroid would be absolutely amazing. Since both series have some degree of gore (mostly alien blood in the Metroid series), there wouldn't be much of an issue in that matter.

The snarky, comical atmosphere of the Bayonetta series combined with the dark, horror sci-fi atmosphere of the Metroid series would make for an excellent plot line. Furthermore, since both game series are action & shooting-oriented, I fancy it wouldn't be too hard to craft a unique and engaging gameplay concept that combines the spirits of both Bayonetta and Metroid.

Obviously, Bayonetta and Samus would be the two main characters. The supporting characters could be Jeanne, Rodin, Luka, and Enzo from the Bayonetta series, and Rundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda from the Metroid series. The baddies could be a mix of Space Pirates, Ing Warriors, Angels, and Infernals. Imagine Bayonetta fighting Ridley or Kraid--or Samus fighting the Golem or Sapienta.

What say you lot?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just read the below article, which gave me many ideas.

Gamespot.com | What Two Game Series Do You Want To Be In a Crossover Together? - GameSpot Q&A

I think a crossover between Bayonetta and Metroid would be absolutely amazing. Since both series have some degree of gore (mostly alien blood in the Metroid series), there wouldn't be much of an issue in that matter.

The snarky, comical atmosphere of the Bayonetta series combined with the dark, horror sci-fi atmosphere of the Metroid series would make for an excellent plot line. Furthermore, since both game series are action & shooting-oriented, I fancy it wouldn't be too hard to craft a unique and engaging gameplay concept that combines the spirits of both Bayonetta and Metroid.

Obviously, Bayonetta and Samus would be the two main characters. The supporting characters could be Jeanne, Rodin, Luka, and Enzo from the Bayonetta series, and Rundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda from the Metroid series. The baddies could be a mix of Space Pirates, Ing Warriors, Angels, and Infernals. Imagine Bayonetta fighting Ridley or Kraid--or Samus fighting the Golem or Sapienta.

What say you lot?
Bayonetta X Devil May Cry (Classic) would be the greatest thing to ever exist though, there is no denying that

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bayonetta X Devil May Cry (Classic) would be the greatest thing to ever exist though, there is no denying that
Ah, I totally forgot those two series were made by the same person. That crossover would probably be more likely. I vaguely remember playing a Devil May Cry game (I forget the exact title) for the Playstation 2 many years ago. One character was this blonde swordsman in a red trench coat, and the other was a tanned lady whom used throwing knives. Both of them had the ability to temporarily turn into a monster, which amplified their powers. For a game of its time, I thought it was pretty well-made.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ah, I totally forgot those two series were made by the same person. That crossover would probably be more likely. I vaguely remember playing a Devil May Cry game (I forget the exact title) for the Playstation 2 many years ago. One character was this blonde swordsman in a red trench coat, and the other was a tanned lady whom used throwing knives. Both of them had the ability to temporarily turn into a monster, which amplified their powers. For a game of its time, I thought it was pretty well-made.
I haven't really played much but the series are so similar that it'd be so easy to do.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Some advertising of Bayonetta I found while looking in Google.

Should encourage you all to vote again.

Also an article on Bayonetta's pros and cons:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3191z2/discussion_is_bayonetta_too_adult_to_make_it_into/
Looking at the character campaign thread, lots of people want Bayonetta in Smash, and there are a lot of reasons to think she would make a great addition. However, the obvious question regarding her inclusion is whether she would be deemed too risque for a game that is carefully marketed as kid-friendly.

I'm curious what you guys think. In the hope of getting some more substantial discussion of this going, I am listing some arguments for and against the position that Bayonetta is too adult to make it into a Smash game.

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a discussion of whether Bayonetta should be in the game. Those sorts of conversations are for the character campaign thread.

Reasons Bayonetta is too adult for Super Smash Bros

• Sexual content is a big no-no, more so than violence for most parents. The Bayonetta games don't feature full on nudity or sex, but they are oozing with sexuality, from revealing costumes, to pole-dancing style moves, to suggestively sucked on lollipops, to "climax" finishing moves.

• Nintendo plays it safe. They have M-Rated games on their consoles (like Bayonetta), but their first party titles are always family friendly. Smash is an extremely important title for Nintendo, and the last thing they want to risk is alienating families with it.

• They already removed a trophy deemed to be too revealing (Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening). Tharja is not even particularly sexualized in her source game. If just a scantily clad trophy is too sexy to make the cut, then Bayonetta has no chance.
Reasons Bayonetta is NOT too adult for Super Smash Bros

• Bayonetta does not need to be any more revealingly dressed than Zero Suit Samus. Sure, in the Bayonetta games, her clothes come off for some attacks, but this is actually a relatively minor detail in the games, which could easily be omitted while still doing proper justice to the character. If they left that out, then she actually shows off less skin than bikini ZSS and swimsuit Shulk.
  • Bayonetta would not be the first character with M-Rated games to make Super Smash Bros. The (only) other is Snake. To be sure, the Metal Gear Solid series and Bayonetta series got M-Ratings for very different reasons, but both were clearly not geared towards children. Both games feature guns, violence, coarse language, and more. Plus I think the Metal Gear Solid series is a lot darker thematically.
  • If her inclusion doesn't cross any boundaries that Nintendo hasn't already crossed with bikini ZSS or Snake representing M-Rated games, then it's hard to see how concerns like these could outweigh the many great reasons to include her.
And this too:
http://challengerapproaching.tumblr...bayonetta-cant-get-into-smash-bros-because-of
Her Outfit shows off too much of her body
-TheHaters

She just wouldn’t fit in with Nintendo’s “Family Friendly” game style.
-TheHaters

She’s Hardly Wearing Anything! Shes barely covered up at all!”
-TheHaters

Oh my god shes such a ****, she would never work!
-TheHaters

Now we have pictures that provide footage of the max of Bayonetta's nudity in the sequel too. and really it's not that bad. If there were problems with 2 Bayonetta's max nudity, just slap in a bit more censor ship and it's pretty much fine.

Also some reaction gifs once Bayonetta is revealed:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I just thought of something: it would be cool if Bayonetta had her design from the second game, while Kirby, if he absorbed her power, would have her hairstyle from the first game.
Kinda like Zelda then.

All I want is Kirby with glasses honestly. And Bayonetta 1 costume. And Jeanne as an alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom