• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Red........Wonder Red? oh -oh!!!
Nah. Its JEANNE OBVIOUSLY JEANNE!!!! :D

(or a new ip. :/)

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This one, I think, is the best stage idea I've seen thus far. Mine original stage idea was the skyscraper in the first game, on which you fight Jeanne for the last time. But, I think this one would be more unique and chaotic. The two deities in the background could break parts of the stage as they fight, and whomever gets caught in the destruction won't be happy. Perhaps they could also be defeated by the players, and depending on which of the two is beaten, the player whom dealt the final blow gets a unique reward.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Of course the dev teams behind Smash 5 will do something different to make a Bayonetta Stage, but I will have my take anyways..

To me... I envisioned that Bayonetta stage will consist of the Trinity of Realms, obviously taking place in Bayonetta 2, but with some nods to Bayonetta 1.

The order will cycle from top to bottom, with a face on the platform's center for teleportation, and transition color:
Paradiso - Jubelius - Yellow
Purgitario - Omne - Blue
Inferno - Sheba - Red
Return to Paradiso and repeat cycle

Paradiso:

Boss: Temperantia

A very flat stage with a few platforms from above, will have no gaps. The background will be golden filled with some lush greenery. The statue of Jubelius is part of the background, but close to the fighters and very small in scale that it's not taller than the height of 3 bayonettas. Further in the background, you can see plenty of angelic creatures traveling peacefully, that includes Affinity, Harmony, Acceptance, and Enrapture in a golden-colored sky.

When players are about to be warped from one realm to another, a Final-destination-sized platform approaches, decorated with Noatun-aesthetics as the base, with Angelic and Demonic aesthetics on the sides and center (representing the female ruler). Also the background color changes depending on transition between two realms:

Yellow (Paradiso) -> Green -> Blue (Purgatario)
Blue (Purgatario) -> Purple -> Red (Inferno)
Red (Inferno) -> Orange -> Yellow (Paradiso)

Purgatario consist of one of two possible locations, randomly selected. Set in an American City, filled with tall buildings and other urban aspects. The sky is blue as usual.

Location 1:

Boss: Gamour

This one will take place high in the sky, and 3 Platinum Angel jet planes, will appear as moving platforms.
The three planes will make several formations that include the following:
  • Triangle (flat) with slow rotation
  • Vertical
  • Horizontal
  • Diagonal (BL->TR or TL->BT)
The planes will slowly move from one formation to another, again in semi-random order, which all options must be explored at least once

Location 2:

Boss: Gomorrah Unleashed

This one will take place on the rail-way, which consist of two rows of platforms: the bottom is flat, where the trains will pass through with a warning; the top will have a rail-way partially wrecked, with two segments, equally separated to leave a gap in the center and the edges so the players can avoid the train. The top platforms will be-pass through

Inferno:

Boss - Alarune's Insanity form (2nd and final form)

Consist of two large platforms at ground, again spread equally apart so there is a gap at the center. However, a temporary flower-like platform will come up slightly above the ground, and then return downwards. The background will consist of more organic, and alien-looking assets to give a chilling feeling in Inferno. Further in the background, you can see a glimpse of various demons fighting against each other, with Hideous and Hatreds being thrown around like rag-dolls and clashing like mobs, Pain and Pride chain-sawing against the demon horde, Greed and Resentment eating up weak demons as if the buffet never ends. Behind the battle of the demons, the sky is very red with a very bright aura, with a very giant figure that sits on the throne made of finely crafted demon parts. That giant is none other than Queen Sheba, dressed up in witch hair, enjoying the bloodbath from the demons as well as few visitors. After a while, she casts the fighters away and sends them back to Paradiso to repeat the stage cycle.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru's vest is red though.. :L
And the background of Murasame Castle is red. Not farfetched.
Right, it's just the pessimist in me trying to avoid setting myself for disappointment like last year's E3.

Just got to have some faith for now until the day of the direct like my girlfriend said (though she wouldn't mind that Jeanne spinoff happening soon).

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Man, I would buy the Jeanne spinoff in a heartbeat! Hopefully she sticks to her current new haircut. Unless it's new 3ds exclusive... which I would never get that way.

Not getting hopes up before I get disappointed.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Man, I would buy the Jeanne spinoff in a heartbeat! Hopefully she sticks to her current new haircut. Unless it's new 3ds exclusive... which I would never get that way.

Not getting hopes up before I get disappointed.
I'd get a New 3DS just for Bayonetta without a doubt

OMG imagine a Bayonetta themed 3DS!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
BTW, thanks to the mentioning of infernal demons as finals smash material, I think one of them could be quite fitting for both Bayonetta's character and comical nature of Smash: Hekatoncheir

Bayonetta (or Jeanne) enters into Climax Summon mode, doing their spell chant. Next, the hands of Hekatoncheir are summoned, with the first 4 grabbing fighters within their reach and doing a full circle (each hand can carry up to two fighters). The last pair of hands form after the glowing hair covers up the summoner and disappears!

The 4 hands then stuff the fighters to the two hands in the center and squish the victims down so the 4 hands can punch them to the bones. Once the punching begins, the player has three seconds to to rapidly mash the special button 20 times to achieve the maximum amount of damage in Gigatons - 1% damage per 100 Gigatons.

Fail condition: If less than 2000 Gigatons, the 4 hands disappear, and the last two carry up the fighters, and slam them once more, dealing the specified damage per 100 gigaton with moderate knockback.

Success condition: If climax sequence completed before time runs out, the summoner is awarded DOUBLE DAMAGE BONUS!!!!! The two hands at the center carry them shortly, and then slam the victims to the air, which all the hands deliver an upper-cut. Depending on the number of players, they will spread out so all the hands can hit them. Each of Hekatonchair's hands deals 40% damage with very high knockback that sends opponents upwards.

When the final smash attack is over, the hands come back to the center, and the umbra witch reappears to battle once more.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
for those interested, I found some unique Bayonetta art.

It was drawn by Masakazu Katsura the Manga Artist for 'Video Girl Ai', to celebrate the games release. I rendered it from a magazine scan, so anyone who wants to use it are free to do so.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
for those interested, I found some unique Bayonetta art.

It was drawn by Masakazu Katsura the Manga Artist for 'Video Girl Ai', to celebrate the games release. I rendered it from a magazine scan, so anyone who wants to use it are free to do so.
Hmm, that's a pretty good drawing. I wish I could draw that well.

Anyhow, if the Bayonetta series gets another installation, I hope it will be on the Wii U instead of the 3DS, since I generally find such fast-paced games to be easier to play on a traditional controller. Plus, mine circle pad is already a little messed up after playing Smash for 3DS. [Shrugs] On the other hand, most players nowadays seem to lean more on handhelds than ever before, so from a business standpoint, I could see them making it for the 3DS. I think that's pretty much why Xenoblade was remade for the New 3DS instead of getting an HD boost on the Wii U.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hmm, that's a pretty good drawing. I wish I could draw that well.

Anyhow, if the Bayonetta series gets another installation, I hope it will be on the Wii U instead of the 3DS, since I generally find such fast-paced games to be easier to play on a traditional controller. Plus, mine circle pad is already a little messed up after playing Smash for 3DS. [Shrugs] On the other hand, most players nowadays seem to lean more on handhelds than ever before, so from a business standpoint, I could see them making it for the 3DS. I think that's pretty much why Xenoblade was remade for the New 3DS instead of getting an HD boost on the Wii U.
Then again it would probably be easier to make a Wii U game, you already have the full engine along with a bunch of reusable assets

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't have much hope for Bayonetta anymore. The guys completely decimated me in arguments, they have good points regarding age rating. I don't think I can find a counter argument within this.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About rating...

What were their points exactly?

I wouldn't really consider CERO, as it was A for Brawl, despite Peach panties. And it's still A, with ZSS and Shulk's outfit.

I know that Bayonetta, without gore and realistic torture, would stay PEGI 12 if you look at the official PEGI form.
http://www.pegi.info/fr/index/id/1192/media/pdf/354.pdf (yeah, we Europeans are like that :awesome:)

Nah, the main problem is obviously ESRB. The rating is more "vague" to me.

But aren't DLC rated independently? Although, with the online mode, it's rating should obviously be considered...

About stripping on the other hand, I think that it can be toned down. Give her a revealing, but LESS revealing outfit during wicked weaves, and no need to make her naked during a summon final Smash.
My censorship idea was a cinematic FS (like Duck Hunt / Falcon) that activate with a whirl of hair surrounding "Bikini Bayonetta". If it connects, just don't show Bayo, start the cinematic with Sheeba, Omne, or whatever. If it doesn't connect... Well, she just omes back to normal.

Bam. No naked Bayonetta.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't have much hope for Bayonetta anymore. The guys completely decimated me in arguments, they have good points regarding age rating. I don't think I can find a counter argument within this.
stop trying to argue that it would be okay for bayonetta to have a higher rating that others. >.<

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I gotta be honest here, Bayonetta was 2/3 of the reason I was excited for DLC characters happening. Now I lost a huge chunk of hype. :(
Sometimes your arguments aren't the best I noticed, let's just say.

Toning her down simply by not making her strip during wicked weaves/demon summoning but still having the same hair effects as in her games is the best solution imo. It will practically not hinder her character. She will stay the same essentially.

About the guns... it wasn't hard for Sakurai to keep to his belief and not use guns with Snake. I don't see why it would be much harder with Bayonetta. The guns can be used as an visual/sound effect during her attacks for punching/kicking with the same flashy stuff that appear in her games and which all fighters use anyway......which would cover most of the very tiny bullets.

No striping. Yes to hair effects. No striping.

Job done.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
he guns can be used as an visual/sound effect during her attacks for punching/kicking with the same flashy stuff that appear in her games and which all fighters use anyway......which would cover most of the very tiny bullets.

No striping. Yes to hair effects. No striping.

Job done.
They could also use magical blasts in place of the bullets. you know, little orbs of energy flying around rather than bullets. She is a WITCH after all, magic is a thing she can do.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Bayonetta's Gun ARE magical guns after all, so it can easily work.

I'm still sad every time I hear or read that Bayonetta would be a ZSS clone.
I could start to say that Alexandra Roivas would be a WFT clone as they dress similary too. (of course, I'm exaggerating)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I get that people think that Bayonetta isn't likely, but I'm not sure why they bothered participating (particularly with the "want" section) when a lot of them had literally never played her game. That would be like me going into that thread on a day that they were rating Professor Layton and saying "I've never played any games with Layton in them, so I don't think he's likely." Even if I had my reasons for it, the fact that I know nothing about the character would make my vote meaningless.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I gotta be honest here, Bayonetta was 2/3 of the reason I was excited for DLC characters happening. Now I lost a huge chunk of hype. :(
You shouldn't expect anyone you want to be DLC, or disappointment awaits.
I'm not letting inferno take you Blue. Not loosing a supporter.

StormC

Smash Hero
Even if I had my reasons for it, the fact that I know nothing about the character would make my vote meaningless.
So people can only want characters and/or rate their chances if they play their games? I don't agree in the least.

The whole idea of the thread is to get the community's opinion on these characters. Not just their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom