• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
While we're in the Nintendo Direct Waiting Room, let me share with you this wholesome meme I found on twitter.

I'm a Steve fan (he's currently my most wanted), so I would be ecstatic if he got in. Nonetheless, this would be the best. I've seen how dedicated you all are to having Banjo-Kazooie brought to Smash, so I would be happy for you all if they got in as well.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So while we’re all just waiting around can someone please tell me what the Mumbo token says in the first game when you pick it up?

It sounds like “Eekum-bokum”

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So while we’re all just waiting around can someone please tell me what the Mumbo token says in the first game when you pick it up?

It sounds like “Eekum-bokum”
That's what I've always heard as well and pretty sure what is being said.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
It’s quiet

The calm before the storm
I've just been watching Ubisoft's E3 conference in the mean time. I'm looking forward to what Square Enix has in store for theirs. Maybe they'll have some chocobos dancing on the stage as an opener! Haha~

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Assuming Banjo & Kazooie get revealed I have some predictions:
  • The trailer is the first thing shown in the direct
  • They use their classic design, but in HD
  • Spiral mountain is the stage
  • Gruntilda is involved in the trailer and can appear as a stage hazard
What do you guys think?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I think standalone DLC fighters might be more likely than FP 2 because Sakurai doesn't like season passes and Nintendo already decided to have one before telling him.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
What do you guys think?
As long as Gruntilda speaks in rhymes when she appears then sounds good to me.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I'm emphatically for the idea of standalone DLC. I dislike season passes in general, and the reduced rigidity of individual DLC means that Smash can be supported for a long period of time without worrying about extremely precise reveal/release timelines.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It’s quiet

The calm before the storm

Sorry, I just had to do it. :p

I think standalone DLC fighters might be more likely than FP 2 because Sakurai doesn't like season passes and Nintendo already decided to have one before telling him.
It depends, I think the DLC structure in general is out of Sakurai's hands this time.

ze9

Smash Ace
If they plan to do more than one season of DLC they'd better reveal Banjo soon, if this goes on for years it may be bad for my health.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You know. I've noticed how missing anything Nintendo related is this year at E3. Even the third parties seem to be refusing to announce anything coming to the Switch. That is of course outside of already confirmed ports and Ubisoft saying that Just Dance is coming to the Nintendo Wii and Switch.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I banjokazooieed the avatar for good luck.
Tomorrow I'll be working till the Direct, so a set of final thoughts.
-Spiral Mountain as cruise-stage. The main theme will change depending on the zone, dinamic music.
-One stop, the top of the lair. Grunty will be there making disrespectful comments about the fighters.
-Final Smash whatever transformation but it will turn Banjo into a washing machine if it fails.
-Items with eyes in the stage.
-Banjo and Kazooie can carry two items at once because BK games are about collecting items.
-Classic route against another team-up characters: Rosalina, Olimar, Icies, Mario Bros....
-Medley with some boss themes.
-Reveal trailer: The smash letter suddenly got eyes.

And... Nothing more.
Good luck tomorrow guys, 20 years could end soon.
If it we don't get Banjo, well, at least we'll get someone else.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm expecting the Banjo reveal to be at the very end of the direct as the "one more thing" announcement because of course they'll draw it out as much as possible.

Please prove me wrong.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
What do you guys think?
I would physically die, Like on the Spot just ****ing die, no words, just unintelligent and incoherent screaming for the next hour until my lungs give out and I perish on the floor.

But I could die a Happy man, for Banjo got in smash after so much disappointment and waiting.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
You know. I've noticed how missing anything Nintendo related is this year at E3. Even the third parties seem to be refusing to announce anything coming to the Switch. That is of course outside of already confirmed ports and Ubisoft saying that Just Dance is coming to the Nintendo Wii and Switch.

Ubisoft still supporting the Wii with almost every new Just Dance game they make is a really big mind **** for me like why lmao

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I had to check if Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot wasn't exclusive to the Xbox One. Weird, for the company that's been getting more chummy with Nintendo these days.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Ubisoft still supporting the Wii with almost every new Just Dance game they make is a really big mind **** for me like why lmao
I think I read that Just Dance is a mainstay at retirement homes/gym classes or something along those lines. Presumably the JD team just wants to keep the games affordable for those demographics?

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't even how I'd react if they'll really show Banjo in Smash tomorrow.
After all this ups and downs, I just feel tired.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think I read that Just Dance is a mainstay at retirement homes/gym classes or something along those lines. Presumably the JD team just wants to keep the games affordable for those demographics?
Just Dance takes nothing to play. It's literally just a bunch of video files with a UI. It cost almost nothing to port it to the wii. So why not.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have a video idea I plan on making for tomorrow...I just need to figure out how to motion track images in vegas pro

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Imagine seeing Banjo Kazooie placed on the mural and as it pans out, words fall onto the screen stating "WELCOME BACK BANJO & KAZOOIE!"

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Vergeben's recent leaks are almost ALL confirmed.

Missing are:
Saga games (SE)
Mana collection (SE)
Warioware (Nintendo)
Metroid 5 (Nintendo)
Contra (Was supposed to be Switch)

He's also backing Banjo.

So I think it’s safe to say that Steve is dead...
What does that pertain to?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If Banjo is revealed tomorrow I imagine it will feel just as unbelievable to me as when K. Rool was revealed... I watched the trailer 6 times... the first time my emotions went wild... it will be surreal I can be sure of that

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Aubrey Norris, community manager of Mojang, who previously stirred up controversy by saying she thought Steve would be a terrible addition to Smash.

It was argued at the time that an NDA MAY not keep her from expressing her opinions, or she may have not been aware of his inclusion (both of which I thought seemed unlikely), but there’s literally NO WAY she WOULDN’T be told to lay off the Steve **** by now if he was actually in.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I've been a luker on this thread for weeks now. Unfortunately, I missed playing banjo growing up, but I love collectathon games. Mario 64, Sunshine, Battle for Bikini Bottom, ETC. I hope banjo does come in given his importance to Nintendo. Best of luck everyone. Remember, if he is not announce don't lose hope. There are other fighter pass characters. And if he is decomfirmed, well maybe Smash 6 he might have a chance!

ze9

Smash Ace
Oh god, just stop with all this teasing. **** them all

Last edited:
Top Bottom