• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
On a scale of fake to super fake, how fake is this?

D8unjadXoAAKG0Q.jpg

Minecraft Sbeve. ( EDIT: Answer is super fake )

Last edited:
Wasn't Steve already deconfirmed during a Q and A or something? Are people only entertaining the idea because Vergeben said there could be minecraft content of some kind? If that's the case then Steve's chances were never promising to begin with. I'm surprised people are worried.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Why did Aubrey suddenly mention Steve? Wouldn't that break an NDA if he's in?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's fake. The name is off center and a bit too high up compared to Joker's.

And damn Steve looks ugly. He does not fit into Smash at all.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hello, I heard about what happened to you guys, and I dropped by to let you know I'm sorry about what happened. Just know that we Genobros and Genosisters support you! :)

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Hello, I heard about what happened to you guys, and I dropped by to let you know I'm sorry about what happened. Just know that we Genobros and Genosisters support you! :)
If you're referring to there being no Banjo presence at Microsoft's E3, that did nothing to Banjo's chances. We were never told to look out for Banjo in Smash plus a Banjo game announced at Microsoft's E3.

Thank you though!

Steve's franchise icon is aligned differently than Joker's.
Not only that, I checked (I guess I'm just that bored) and Steve's entire HUD is misaligned to Joker's. lol

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about
She has a prominent role in the Minecraft Team I believe. She said that Steve wont be in smash and kept denying it a couple months ago, but today she said Minecraft Steve. Personally I think she is just trolling

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Minecraft Sbeve. ( EDIT: Answer is super fake )
I think the model is ripped from a fan that was doing Steve animation tests on Youtube (idle looks exactly the same). Shadow looks wrong (as if only his legs were appearing), his icon is way off-scale compared to Joker (both his series icon and the one in the red square), his name seems unaligned compared to Joker, plus the thing with the terrain block some people have mentioned and the overly simplistic character stock below.

I think that's everything I was able to notice.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Pretty sure Aubrey tweeted that to **** with everyone. Especially since one of the responses was “true” and she replied with “I knew you would understand”. No way would they be talking about a possible Steve inclusion so casually like that if it was anything but a joke.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
She has a prominent role in the Minecraft Team I believe. She said that Steve wont be in smash and kept denying it a couple months ago, but today she said Minecraft Steve. Personally I think she is just trolling
Definitely trolling. She wouldn’t be allowed to spoil that the day before Nintendo’s E3..

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Aubrey Norris, community manager of Mojang, who previously stirred up controversy by saying she thought Steve would be a terrible addition to Smash.

It was argued at the time that an NDA MAY not keep her from expressing her opinions, or she may have not been aware of his inclusion (both of which I thought seemed unlikely), but there’s literally NO WAY she WOULDN’T be told to lay off the Steve **** by now if he was actually in.
I think she's just messing with everyone. It's practically the perfect thing to tweet on the eve of the direct to let pro and anti Steve people read exactly what they want into it.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Definitely trolling. She wouldn’t be allowed to spoil that the day before Nintendo’s E3..
Exactly

I have a decent understanding of 3D stuff, and I can’t see any issues, but it still feels fake somehow.

I still think it’s fake, all in all, Probably a good mock-up.
Check out his icon at the bottom and the name, they slipped up on that one.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Shinobi ain't backed down so keep believing Banjo Bois. We're almost there!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Minecraft SBeve

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
There's a reason Shinobi said what he said with little interpretation and has not said a single thing since. He knows what he is doing and he is clearly very confident. I think it is looking quite good :)

I remember buying Banjo Kazooie at a Garage Sale when I was ten years old. It cost me 13 dollars and I almost didn't buy it.

Banjo Kazooie will be announced tomorrow for Smash.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
There's a reason Shinobi said what he said with little interpretation and has not said a single thing since. He knows what he is doing and he is clearly very confident. I think it is looking quite good :)
EDIT: GUH HYUH! Tomorrow will be destiny fulfilled!

D8ukBtBUcAAlZvJ.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not a Banjo supporter per-se, but thought I might drop by. Banjo would be a great addition.

Exactly

Check out his icon at the bottom and the name, they slipped up on that one.
Uhhhh, I don’t see anything. What is it? I may be insane lol.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Not a Banjo supporter per-se, but thought I might drop by. Banjo would be a great addition.

Uhhhh, I don’t see anything. What is it? I may be insane lol.
His avatar sticks out into the name box, name isnt centered horizontally (too far left), and vertically its up too high

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still need to play Banjo but it looks super fun. What could be bring to the table in Smash? Y’all are the Banjo enthusiasts not me.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Aubrey tweeted that to **** with everyone. Especially since one of the responses was “true” and she replied with “I knew you would understand”. No way would they be talking about a possible Steve inclusion so casually like that if it was anything but a joke.
Considering that Nintendo went after Sabi, I do not imagine they would take kindly to a high profile Majong employee randomly spilling the beans about their DLC character. This would break an NDA and I think she knows that.

I suspect she's probably trolling as well.

Top Bottom