• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah me too

If they’re just not shown at all I won’t straight up count them out, but I’m gonna stop pushing hard for them like I am right now. Can’t take much more of this haha

Good thing they’re gonna be revealed tomorrow ;)
Yeah, I won't give up hope for them if they're not revealed tomorrow, but I probably won't be coming here that much if they aren't. The pessimism and toxic behavior from trolls would take all the fun out of it.

So let's see what tomorrow brings before we throw in the towel

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the sake of my sanity can you outright say if this is you bull****ing
Maybe I am, maybe I'm not - you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out! Mwahahaha!

...Seriously, though, I just made up something that seemed like a mix of plausible and ridiculous stuff on the spot. If I actually had Direct or Smash info, I'd be terrible at keeping it a secret. If we get even half of that, I'll be surprised.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I won't give up hope for them if they're not revealed tomorrow, but I probably won't be coming here that much if they aren't. The pessimism and toxic behavior from trolls would take all the fun out of it.

So let's see what tomorrow brings before we throw in the towel
I do promise that if Banjo isn't in tomorrow I will try to prevent as much toxicity as possible.

But I do hope he's in even if I want a DQ rep too.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I find it hard to believe any leaks from anonymous people on 4Chan. Unlike examples such as shinobi or Vergeben, they have no track record and suffer no consequences for making stuff up.

I could anonymously post that this E3's Nintendo Direct will have a trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 that focuses on the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom, reveal that Animal Crossing has been delayed to 2020, reveal release dates for Bayonetta 3 and Link's Awakening, show off footage for Erdrick and Banjo in Smash, announce F-Zero: Omega Grand Prix (developed by Sumo Digital) and Kirby Air Ride 2, reveal a new IP that involves transforming robot cats, and show ports for Persona 5, Devil May Cry 2-5, Rare Replay, and the Master Chief Collection, but that doesn't make any of that seem true or likely.
Everyone @ this post

1560191929326.png

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Here's some perhaps important info y'all may need. Kotaku actually interviewed Sabi and she said she isn't the only one with her source and that the info will likely still come out some other place. So I think this really isn't as much of an issue as others would think.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's some perhaps important info y'all may need. Kotaku actually interviewed Sabi and she said she isn't the only one with her source and that the info will likely still come out some other place. So I this really isn't as much of an issue as others would think.
I just want Sabi to be ok.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Here's some perhaps important info y'all may need. Kotaku actually interviewed Sabi and she said she isn't the only one with her source and that the info will likely still come out some other place. So I this really isn't as much of an issue as others would think.
Lol its Vergeben.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I find it hard to believe any leaks from anonymous people on 4Chan. Unlike examples such as shinobi or Vergeben, they have no track record and suffer no consequences for making stuff up.

I could anonymously post that this E3's Nintendo Direct will have a trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 that focuses on the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom, reveal that Animal Crossing has been delayed to 2020, reveal release dates for Bayonetta 3 and Link's Awakening, show off footage for Erdrick and Banjo in Smash, announce F-Zero: Omega Grand Prix (developed by Sumo Digital) and Kirby Air Ride 2, reveal a new IP that involves transforming robot cats, and show ports for Persona 5, Devil May Cry 2-5, Rare Replay, and the Master Chief Collection, but that doesn't make any of that seem true or likely.
You forgot about the Leisure Suit Larry Smash reveal. Aside from that, this all checks out. Totally. Not at all being facetious. Nope, not me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People in the comment section of GameXplain’s video over Sabi are so dang annoying, trying to say the leakers are bad people, and they act as if they’re more entitled more than the people who want to know. The leakers aren’t even trying to spoil it for those who don’t want to know, and Sabi was definitely not trying to. Sure there’s legal stuff but dang they’re not horrible people ya entitled jerks.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
People in the comment section of GameXplain’s video over Sabi are so dang annoying, trying to say the leakers are bad people, and they act dang entitled more than the people who want to know. The leakers aren’t even trying to spoil it for those who don’t want to know, and Sabi was definitely not trying to. Sure there’s legal stuff but dang they’re not horrible people ya entitled jerks.
She gave warning after warning saying to filter her posts out if you didn't want to see anything. You can say it ruins the surprise for other people. But 99% of her followers were specifically looking for that information and they couldn't care less if their surprise was ruined because they didn't want to be surprised.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
Nah, this is our theme for fighting the trolls and the Steve fans that don't want Banjo & Kazooie in:

Some of you might not get the reference if you haven't watched One Piece, but Luffy is us, Lucci is the trolls and Steve fans, and Nico Robin is Banjo & Kazooie. Here I'll show you:
wow that's been a long i didn't watch one piece, this video is so emotional that could fit our situations against the trolls

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Guuuuuys, we're so close to the character reveal after all this time! I'm soooooo excited!

Hmm...but I wonder if whoever the character is (Banjo hopefully!), if they will be released in Smash right away or if we'll have to wait. Hopefully the former!~

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Guuuuuys, we're so close to the character reveal after all this time! I'm soooooo excited!

Hmm...but I wonder if whoever the character is (Banjo hopefully!), if they will be released in Smash right away or if we'll have to wait. Hopefully the former!~
I'm hopeful for an immediate release, but that previous update notification lasting through the 16th leaves me sadly doubtful, and no one seems to be able to say anything against it from what I can tell.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Can't wait till we get to see what Nintendo is offering this year with their presentation. I hope we're getting Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, maybe HD remasters of the first 2 games, something 3D Mario-ish and, something really unlikely, a Kirby Planet Robobot port for the Switch. Here's a little stupid meme to kill our time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Super Mario Party DLC PLEASE!

Sabi.png

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, my immature side is SO ready to rub it in the faces of those who hate Banjo. I might make an account on Gamefaqs and smush it in after he's announced, just to satisfy my inner brat.

That being said, the whole transformation gimmick sounds interesting? Do you think that's a Final Smash or something else entirely?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fact that its been 6 months since they advertised the fighter pass and we only know one-fifth of the content is crazy. Character 2 will probably be a make or break scenario for people to decide on the pass or not, especially since (cynically speaking), it will be another 2-3 months before we know character number 3. Nintendo has not handled the pass very well.

Anyway, ideal E3: Banjo first, dual trailer of Erdrick and Geno (Geno being a non-FP character).

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Can't wait to see memes on 4chan where Grotesque Steve (Not actual Steve fans) gets evaporated in a blast of light as he cries out in agony and his skin rips from his body to his bones until he is nothing. Then we will truly know that the war is finally over.

Sorry if it sounds personal but it'll be so satisfying when Banjo Kazooie gets in after that Grotesque Steve schtick.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Even if Banjo isnt in the fighter's pass (which seems highly unlikely at this point), there may still be hope. I noticed something interesting with the Smash Bros website:

Screenshot_20190610-133323_Chrome.jpg

There is a section for Fighter's Pass characters and another one for Individual DLC. Both look like they scroll left and right. We know the Fighter's Pass section will, since it's confirmed that there will be 5. If Individual DLC also looks like it can scroll, perhaps we'll be getting more characters outside of the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Can't wait to see memes on 4chan where Grotesque Steve (Not actual Steve fans) gets evaporated in a blast of light as he cries out in agony and his skin rips from his body to his bones until he is nothing. Then we will truly know that the war is finally over.

Sorry if it sounds personal but it'll be so satisfying when Banjo Kazooie gets in after that Grotesque Steve schtick.

The S***Posting will be legendary, a piece of smash history will be made

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Even if Banjo isnt in the fighter's pass (which seems highly unlikely at this point), there may still be hope. I noticed something interesting with the Smash Bros website:

View attachment 227036

There is a section for Fighter's Pass characters and another one for Individual DLC. Both look like they scroll left and right. We know the Fighter's Pass section will, since it's confirmed that there will be 5. If Individual DLC also looks like it can scroll, perhaps we'll be getting more characters outside of the Fighter's Pass.
It's also possible they're just using a template, or they're future-proofing for potential further individual DLC, but it's still good to know that the door is technically open.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

Oh, I've got a video I edited on Friday ready in case Banjo & Kazooie get revealed. Doesn't exactly involve evaporation in light, but I think you guys may enjoy it if things go right.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sakurai is known for future proofing. But not actually doing anything with it. Like every smash game has a bunch of extra available character slots that are never used. Ultimate even has 16 (14 currently after piranha plant and Joker) empty slots in the WoL for character additions.but that doesn't mean we are getting 2 more fighter passes.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m going to predict Banjo gets revealed first and we find out that he’ll be playable before the end of the summer. And at the end they’ll tease Erdrick and have him come out closer to Dragonquest 11.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

View attachment 227036

I doubt it would be used for a character like Banjo who needs a new stage and music to go on it.
Sakurai is known for future proofing. But not actually doing anything with it. Like every smash game has a bunch of extra available character slots that are never used. Ultimate even has 16 (14 currently after piranha plant and Joker) empty slots in the WoL for character additions.but that doesn't mean we are getting 2 more fighter passes.
Smash 4 had enough character slots to match all the DLC it got.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Well I wake up tomorrow at 6:35 am European time to go to work, that means I must stay off this site and Twitter for about ****ing 12 hours with the temptation to go in and just see if someone leaked our bear and bird. But I am a strong man, I will wait until the E3 direct without knowing **** and hopefully I will be truly surprised (I give BK 70% of making it in, was higher but I think I was affected by some of the pessimism in the thread)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It could however mean we may get a few more characters through fan demand. It does happen from time to time with other games. I think with Ultimate its more possible than its ever been

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It could however mean we may get a few more characters through fan demand. It does happen from time to time with other games. I think with Ultimate its more possible than its ever been
The pessimist in me says it's really unlikely. considering how it's been six months since Joker"s announcement and we still don't know who the second character is. Let alone who the other three are going to be.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Remember, Banjo getting a figurine didn’t mean he was getting a new installment but it does foreshadow him getting revived as a character in general.

Iron Man got a figurine for Endgame, not Iron Man 4.

Funny enough, the Avengers films are crossovers just like Smash....

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice

Is nintendo and our master god sakurai are leakbaiting?
Are the insiders are legits or wrong?
Will vergeben and shinobi leaks the reveal?
Is sarbi will be the only savior of banjo and kazooie?
Will grotesque Steve will finaly be beaten by our truly heroes banjo and kazooie in an intense battle?

With the ****storms going on /v/,gamefaqs,restera,Twitter and smashboard
We'll see the Answer tomorrow,STAY TUNED!!

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Just the “Nintendo” part; Exquisite Gaming said it was an error from the people who host(?) their stuff, and they make errors with their other stuff too.
Well, that's enough to convince me that something's happening soon.

I hate to get people's hopes up, but do you guys think it's possible that Microsoft would save a multiplatform Banjo announcement for Nintendo's conference, if they think that old Rare fans are more likely to be there?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The pessimist in me says it's really unlikely. considering how it's been six months since Joker"s announcement and we still don't know who the second character is. Let alone who the other three are going to be.
I agree with you. But we’re probably going to have the Switch for at least another 4-5 years considering how successful it is so Ultimate will be the definitive Smash game for the foreseeable future.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if next E3 they announce a second fighter pass. I still doubt it, but who knows.

Top Bottom