• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I can wait much more than 12 hours. I just want to be certain Banjo is in.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
While I don’t believe in stuff like leakbaits, I do feel that a character being likely if that ends up happening isn’t a deconfirmation.

Unless Sakurai says names of characters who won’t get in now or in the future, everyone can happen.
And I don't like either/or.

Let's get BOTH Geno and Erdrick.

And Banjo.

ze9

Smash Ace
No one owned a Wii U thats why. :v
Ouch. Poor Wii U. Good point, though.

Sometimes I think that maybe Nintendo underestimates the thirst for Smash.
Like with Joker... Maybe they scheduled the maintenance in the same moment he was coming out because they expected just a certain amount of traffic. And then it blowed their expectations and everything slowed down to a crawl for hours and hours.
It's strange... This series has never had this much content, and yet I don't remember the collective fanbase (both hardcore and casual) being so thirsty for MORE and MORE and MORE

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

ze9

Smash Ace
Something seems to have happened in regards to Banjo, can someone tell me what?
First, a certain Shinobi602 teased on Resetera that Banjo and Kazooie may be in "for a smashing good time". Shinobi is a very well known insider, and he has leaked a lot of things in the past, including something about Smash. To be more precise, he tweeted before the march's direct that announced Smash, that we may be in "for a smashing good time". So... yeah.
Then Vergeben said that, according to his most trusted source, Banjo is 99% in.
In the last hours even more insiders (mostly of the Resetera circle), like Imran or NateDrake have said that the rumors for Banjo are looking very strong right now.
Lastly, a certain Rand al Thor (an Xbox insider) said in one of his podcasts back in january that Banjo is scheduled to be in Smash.
Sabi hasn't yet taken a stance, but apart from her, but practically all of the insider world is pretty confident we'll be seeing the duo join Smash in just a few days, and there may even be a revitalization of the IP (via remakes, remasters, sequels or what have you, there's not many rumors on this front, though).

And there's also the fact that in the last weeks Banjo's merchandise has kind of blown, there are tons of figurines coming out; and one of the societies that made one of them has been invited to assist E3 directly by Rare.
So... We're waiting. Like we always do. But maybe this time with a more (cautiously) optimistic approach.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
DUDE I don’t want to say much, but I just can’t keep my hype in anymore, BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
First, a certain Shinobi602 teased on Resetera that Banjo and Kazooie may be in "for a smashing good time". Shinobi is a very well known insider, and he has leaked a lot of things in the past, including something about Smash. To be more precise, he tweeted before the march's direct that announced Smash, that we may be in "for a smashing good time". So... yeah.
In the last hours even more insiders (mostly of the Resetera circle), like Imran or NateDrake have said that the rumors for Banjo are looking very strong right now.
Lastly, a certain Rand al Thor (an Xbox insider) said in one of his podcasts back in january that Banjo is scheduled to be in Smash.
Sabi hasn't yet taken a stance, but apart from her, but practically all of the insider world is pretty confident we'll be seeing the duo join Smash in just a few days, and there may even be a revitalization of the IP (via remakes, remasters, sequels or what have you, there's not many rumors on this front, though).

And there's also the fact that in the last weeks Banjo's merchandise has kind of blown, there are tons of figurines coming out; and one of the societies that made one of them has been invited to assist E3 directly by Rare.
So... We're waiting. Like we always do. But maybe this time with a more (cautiously) optimistic approach.
I must have missed a Rand al Thor part. Where was it again?

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman

Thank You for writing this! It’s so detailed and very well written!

ze9

Smash Ace
Thank You for writing this! It’s so detailed and very well written!
Thank you!
I still can't believe Banjo's 20 years long odyssey may be coming to a happy ending in just a few days :')

If your hopes aren't up... You're far stronger willed than I.

I cannot help it.
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty hopeful too, but... I've been a Ridley/Dixie/K. Rool supporter for years. I'm still not used to seeing my Smash dreams come true, lol

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
i'm pretty sure you have to do a bunch with your cache or cookies or something to actually have untampered results. there were instructions posted somewhere IIRC it was papagenos discord by that duck guy (cant remember his name lol)
Yeh there were a lot of hoops to jump through and I'm at work so I cant fiddle with it. I can however bring some support for Shinobi by way of Ryce.
Resetera link.
20190607_150231.jpg

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeh there were a lot of hoops to jump through and I'm at work so I cant fiddle with it. I can however bring some support for Shinobi by way of Ryce.
Resetera link.
View attachment 226513
I don't know which is best: the image or the fact that, as per your signature, I really did read that in Carl's voice.

I'm trying to contain my hype since the original Shinobi posts. But each day it gets harder and harder. Remind me again, what has Ryce leaked in the past?

...Alright. Make that 80%. My bet is that I'll be full 100% before E3.

Also, holy ****, look at how many guests we have.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!
I still can't believe Banjo's 20 years long odyssey may be coming to a happy ending in just a few days :')

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty hopeful too, but... I've been a Ridley/Dixie/K. Rool supporter for years. I'm still not used to seeing my Smash dreams come true, lol
Same here. They even put Dark Samus, which I absolutely had no kind of hope for....
I remember my feelings when I saw Dark Samus in that direct. I was in awe. Both surprised and happy. Kind of "wtf???" with a smile in my face.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
After all the grief Banjo fans went through for 20 years, I think we deserve it.

News of both Banjo in Smash, and possibly a new game, even if it's remakes of the N64 games? What more can you ask for? I just hope the Banjo remakes come out on Switch and aren't Xbox exclusive...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Remember that thing with GameInformer some people have talked about?

They published a list today with several E3 rumors, some of which have already come true. "Banjo for Smash" is in that list.

While this does nothing for B-K's chances per se, I think these things show that the current rumours and whispers are, if not flat out correct, at least believable enough according to insiders.

Our time might really be close, Banjo fans...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After all the grief Banjo fans went through for 20 years, I think we deserve it.

News of both Banjo in Smash, and possibly a new game, even if it's remakes of the N64 games? What more can you ask for? I just hope the Banjo remakes come out on Switch and aren't Xbox exclusive...
Even if they are Xbox-exclusive, it seems like most (if not all) new Microsoft-owned games have been making their way to PC nowadays. Unfortunately, that trend started AFTER Rare Replay came out, but if Gears of War, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct, and the Master Chief Collection are making it to PC, then I don't see why a remake of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie wouldn't.

cybersai

Smash Ace
No matter what leaks say, Banjo is still a, "I have to see it with my own eyes to believe it" kind of thing.

It was the same with Ridley and K. Rool who had very heavy rumors prior to their trailers last year, I remained skeptical until I saw their trailers with my own eyes. With Banjo it's the same, but what a glorious day it'll be when the debut trailer drops next week.

ze9

Smash Ace
Same here. They even put Dark Samus, which I absolutely had no kind of hope for....
I remember my feelings when I saw Dark Samus in that direct. I was in awe. Both surprised and happy. Kind of "wtf???" with a smile in my face.
For real. There was all that speculation regarding Samus and Ike's alternate costumes, but I wasn't buying it. I really would have never expected Dark Samus to become playable in Smash in a million years. Much less in the same game as Ridley.
I'm not even mad she's an echo, I'm just glad she's here. She works surprisingly well as an echo, too.

After Banjo, the only one missing from my personal favorites will be Dixie. If she somehow gets in too, I'll really never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.
But man, Banjo is the miracle to end all miracles.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
My last gift to you, my last Pre-E3 meme before the big days arrive

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Last edited:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice

Haven't gotten to the part where they talk about it but Gamexplain put "Banjo-Kazooie on Switch" as part of the title of their predictions video (which features Jon).

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
You know, this could very well be the last time we see Smash at E3 for the next several years assuming that there isn't a second fighter's pass.

E3 is a primarily Western event, which is why I don't think a solo Erdrick reveal is likely. It would be incredibly tone deaf for Nintendo to do that. You save Erdrick for something like the Tokyo Game Show or a random Nintendo Direct.

If this is Smash's last E3 for a while, I think they'd want to go out with a bang, not a whimper. Which is why I think releasing Banjo-Kazooie, a character that fans have been requesting for the past 20 years, is the kind of bang they want to make. Doing a solo reveal for another anime sword fighter that most people in the West either don't know about or care about would be the whimper.

Though I'm still hedging my bets on a double Banjo-Erdrick reveal that pleases both the West and Japan.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Haven't gotten to the part where they talk about it but Gamexplain put "Banjo-Kazooie on Switch" as part of the title of their predictions video (which features Jon).

They literally say about 11 mins into the video that it "Banjo will be shadowdropped next week" and they are going fully in on it (i dont know the name of the guy saying it). Pretty sure this is the most confident about leak or rumor ive ever seen GameExplain about

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
You know, this could very well be the last time we see Smash at E3 for the next several years assuming that there isn't a second fighter's pass.

E3 is a primarily Western event, which is why I don't think a solo Erdrick reveal is likely. It would be incredibly tone deaf for Nintendo to do that. You save Erdrick for something like the Tokyo Game Show or a random Nintendo Direct.

If this is Smash's last E3 for a while, I think they'd want to go out with a bang, not a whimper. Which is why I think releasing Banjo-Kazooie, a character that fans have been requesting for the past 20 years, is the kind of bang they want to make. Doing a solo reveal for another anime sword fighter that most people in the West either don't know about or care about would be the whimper.

Though I'm still hedging my bets on a double Banjo-Erdrick reveal that pleases both the West and Japan.
Agree:

What would really happen.png

E.Sage

Smash Rookie
Man, I've been wanting Banjo in smash since N64, as have a lot of people. I'm hoping this is it. Fingers crossed!

D

Deleted member

Man, I've been wanting Banjo in smash since N64, as have a lot of people. I'm hoping this is it. Fingers crossed!
Same.

Banjo has a legacy on Nintendo and should at least return one last time to meet Diddy again.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm banking on a Banjo/Doomguy double reveal. Bethesda is putting a lot of effort into Doom Eternal for this event. And they said they spook to Nintendo about smash but wouldn't give any details on it. Western reveals for a western event. Both major icons in their own right.

Top Bottom