• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

I'm banking on a Banjo/Doomguy double reveal. Bethesda is putting a lot of effort into Doom Eternal for this event. And they said they spook to Nintendo about smash but wouldn't give any details on it. Western reveals for a western event. Both major icons in their own right.
Doomguy would rock too, ngl.

Although he seems more like a Quake Con or Game Awards kind of deal for me, he makes sense for E3 too.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Our beloved bear and bird are gaining momentum for E3. It'll be pretty much the biggest thing that I'm looking forward to at E3 plus other plans that Nintendo has for their conference. I'm so ready for this. Bring on E3!!!~

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm banking on a Banjo/Doomguy double reveal. Bethesda is putting a lot of effort into Doom Eternal for this event. And they said they spook to Nintendo about smash but wouldn't give any details on it. Western reveals for a western event. Both major icons in their own right.

That would be awesome. Save Erdrick for September during TGS 2019

ze9

Smash Ace
I want Erdrick to get in, too. He's been our ally in the Great Wars against Steve.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I haven't decided if this will be a bet yet, but I do plan on doing something. If Banjo-Kazooie are confirmed, I will change my avatar into one that features them.

And slap MissingGlitch MissingGlitch for no reason. Naw, just kidding, but I will change my avatar.

D

Deleted member

If both Erdrick and Banjo happen at E3, I could picture this headcanon regarding how Banjo got in:
Tiana is Erdrick
Facilier is Vergeben
Facilier’s shadow is Steve
And the friends from the other side are the speculation community.
The prince Nadine would be Banjo, of course.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
If both Erdrick and Banjo happen at E3, I could picture this headcanon regarding how Banjo got in:
Tiana is Erdrick
Facilier is Vergeben
Facilier’s shadow is Steve
And the friends from the other side are the speculation community.
The prince Nadine would be Banjo, of course.
I'd like fan art of Erdrick, Banjo and some other character against a character the equivalent of Thanos

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Imagine if Erdrick doesn't happen. The reactions from that are going to be amazing. The one character people thought was a lock for a whole year. Was fake all along. Gosh that might be Grinch leak 2 actually. But in this case people would be ecstatic of it was fake.
I mean in all honesty, do people really think that Square Enix would let one of their characters get leaked out half a year before coming out considering how they deal with leaks?

Each day it seems more and more likely that Erdrick is leakbait, and today is no different. As a Geno and Banjo fan this makes me very happy as they could both finally be playable in Smash.
I only think Erdrick is leakbait because SE actively fights leaks and I wouldn't be surprised if security got upped after the BlueFever leaks. Hell the most recent SE leaks involved KH3 getting stolen and people breaking NDAs on a FFXIV patch or something.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeh there were a lot of hoops to jump through and I'm at work so I cant fiddle with it. I can however bring some support for Shinobi by way of Ryce.
Resetera link.
View attachment 226513
100% true, they know how Shinobi is and behaves when he leaks. There is no reason to doubt him at all.

My last gift to you, my last Pre-E3 meme before the big days arrive

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is GOLDEN omg my sides hurt so bad…

And in response I give you this:
View attachment 226526
*dies* I can't with these memes, holy mother of Mumbo :rotfl:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
They literally say about 11 mins into the video that it "Banjo will be shadowdropped next week" and they are going fully in on it (i dont know the name of the guy saying it). Pretty sure this is the most confident about leak or rumor ive ever seen GameExplain about
So now GameXplain are more insiders going all in on Banjo. This is getting interesting.

Maybe we should pay attention to the insiders this time.

ze9

Smash Ace
So Gamexplain did their prediction video, and they're saying that Banjo will be shadowdropped at E3.
Moreover, they're treating the Banjo section of the video as a spoiler. Like, they literally advice you to skip forward to the next timestamp if you want to avoid (potential) spoilers.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So now GameXplain are more insiders going all in on Banjo. This is getting interesting.

Maybe we should pay attention to the insiders this time.
We should always give them the time of day if you ask me (long as they're known for being correct or mostly correct.) Most of the insiders, discounting like 3 or 4 IIRC, were the ones who were trying to warn us the Grinch Leak was bogus afterall. The majority were.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
We should always give them the time of day if you ask me (long as they're known for being correct or mostly correct.) Most of the insiders, discounting like 3 or 4 IIRC, were the ones who were trying to warn us the Grinch Leak was bogus afterall. The majority were.
Yup. There were many who tried to warn us, GameXplain included, but they were only met with abuse and hate from more toxic Smash fans.

Considering that so many are now hinting at Banjo, I think his chances are very good. I'm 80% certain that he's in.

D

Deleted member

Yup. There were many who tried to warn us, GameXplain included, but they were only met with abuse and hate from more toxic Smash fans.

Considering that so many are now hinting at Banjo, I think his chances are very good. I'm 80% certain that he's in.
I currently find Banjo highly likely, while also imagining a dual reveal at E3 possible.

ze9

Smash Ace
At this point, EVERY insider is on Banjo's train.
The Gamexplain guys are saying Banjo will probably get shadowdropped at E3.

Maybe we should start to organize turns for downloading the character pack.

D

Deleted member

It will be hard with the whole thing regarding time zones doh.

StormC

Smash Hero
I’m just gonna take a nap when it goes up. It took me hours to get Joker downloaded.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
"Nice of Nintendo and Sakurai to invite us over to E3 for a Smash reveal, eh Erdrick?"
awful nice.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Btw, if they announce a new Banjo game or remake... make sure to buy it and convince as many people as possible to do so on the meantime.

I say this as a Crash fan: when N.Sane Trilogy got shown to the world the fandom just spread the word about it to as many people as possible (friends, partners of high school, any conferences or even campaigns online). The game sold great, the ports did so too and right now the franchise is a flagship property of Activision at the same level of CoD.

And I can guarantee that if Microsoft sees loads of profit with the Banjo IP, it won’t ever be gone again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there are such limits set in stone with this game, lol. Every time I hear something like this Sakurai proves us wrong in the future.
The exception being a video game origin, but that's not going to be broken, at worst on the near future.
I’m just gonna take a nap when it goes up. It took me hours to get Joker downloaded.
Joker dropped around 10-11 PM where I live, after what happened that night I learned it's better for me to go to bed early and wake up early.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I got the fighters pass already so I call dibs on being first!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Btw, if they announce a new Banjo game or remake... make sure to buy it and convince as many people as possible to do so on the meantime.
You dont have to tell me Twice, I'll buy Both Physical and Digital, keep the Physical cart sealed while using the Digital one for play.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Same.

Banjo has a legacy on Nintendo and should at least return one last time to meet Diddy again.
I honestly hope Smash won't be the last time. Other than having a new Banjo, it would be cool if they appear in DK games too. It all depends if the relationship between MS and Nintendo will last.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Anyone betting that the Smash parts of Nintendo or possibly Microsoft's presentaitons will get leaked a few days before the actual Banjo reveal? Every day seems to be a major leak, and I seen one of them, and just seeing one of them makes me feel super spoiled, to the point I might not longer be as impressed with the E3 conferences and Nintendo Directs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom