• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-318#post-21540607

So, apparently Imran; the Senior Editor over at Game Informer and an RE member/insider ALSO has been hearing Banjo and actually doesn't believe Erdrick rumors have any weight

Big if true
That is quite a turn of events!
Is imran credible ?
Imran is pretty big, yeah. I wouldn't say he is Shinobi levels of credible, but he is pretty dang close. It does seem like a speculative take on it, so who knows.
Yo papagenos papagenos , did you see this yet?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Are you serious? Jon got a lot of things right as stated by MonkeyDLenny. Sure there are other credible leakers to go by but there isn't any reason to dismiss him entirely. In fact he adds to Banjo Kazooie's already enormous credibility at the moment.
You literally quoted a reason of why not to take them as 100% confirmation, Geno. Nobody is dismissing them, we are just not taking them as evidence of something being for certain. They are just a good lead, at best.

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-318#post-21540607

So, apparently Imran; the Senior Editor over at Game Informer and an RE member/insider ALSO has been hearing Banjo and actually doesn't believe Erdrick rumors have any weight

Big if true
I'd be a bit sad for Japanese fans (and western DQ fans) after ALL this build up bc i'm sure that they'd really love Erdrick, and DQ is a franchise that really does probably deserve representation. If erdrick doesnt come and banjo is the only one announced i'm gonna be leaning towards google theory..

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'd be a bit sad for Japanese fans (and western DQ fans) after ALL this build up bc i'm sure that they'd really love Erdrick, and DQ is a franchise that really does probably deserve representation. If erdrick doesnt come and banjo is the only one announced i'm gonna be leaning towards google theory..
Luckily, Tansut still is claiming Erdrick, he just never specified he was next nor at E3

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
This is literally the opposite of the Grinch leak based on the insiders.

I’m going in 100% for GUH HUH

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Is it okay if I admit something? I'm kinda getting tired of all these remakes/remasters. Don't get me, it's great that new gamers can enjoy something that old gamers did (I played Battle for Bikini Bottom growing up, and I'm hyped for Rehydrated), but it seems like its gotten to the point of nostalgia pandering. I mean, Activision has proven they can make a good Crash remake, but can they make a good Crash game? A new one, at least. It's just something I want to get off my chest with all these announcements.
Most games released now are just so trash that seeing these remakes is unironically more exciting.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Again that's just his opinion. His source didn't specify what SE rep. But it is an opinion he is willing to die for.
Lord, could you imagine if Tansut gets blown back because he did not confirm with his source!?

I would feel bad for the actual fans who genuinely want Erdrick (I just joined the support myself)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You literally quoted a reason of why not to take them as 100% confirmation, Geno. Nobody is dismissing them, we are just not taking them as evidence of something being for certain. They are just a good lead, at best.
I'm aware of that and I never stated that Jon is 100% credible. The problem is there has been only instance where he was wrong compared to the list of things he was right about so because of that one thing, you only take him with a grain of salt?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy of him or anything as I would like to hear anything else that he got wrong but how does one wrong prediction outweigh seven right predictions?

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
That is quite a turn of events!

Imran is pretty big, yeah. I wouldn't say he is Shinobi levels of credible, but he is pretty dang close. It does seem like a speculative take on it, so who knows.
Yo papagenos papagenos , did you see this yet?
I did! Seems like he's just up to date like the rest of us with whats been happening with speculation lately.

But still its something! There are SO many people jumping on board with Banjo likely to be in smash recently, its looking good.

D

Deleted member

I want to thank the people here who has shown support for Erdrick supporters some minutes ago.

As someone who is hoping to see both Banjo and Erdrick at E3, I’m happy to see these good vibes between each thread. The world would be great with more stuff like that.

And well, what will happen if Dragon Quest doesn’t feature content for Smash at E3? In my case nothing honestly. I won’t give up on the idea until Sakurai comes out to say that DQ will never get in. I haven’t gave up on Crash and neither will I with DQ.
Besides, Banjo is also great to have.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
In case anyone missed this reveal:

Tropical Bees! I love it. Looks better than the first!

Is the original worth playing at all? I've heard mixed things about it.
The first Yooka-Laylee is good but not great. Its biggest problem is that the levels are much too big for their own good and don't really have a sense of direction. The first one in particular looks like someone upended a box of Legos on the floor and called it a day.

That having been said, if you like Banjo-style collect-a-thons, it's worth playing through at least once. 90% of the hate the game got came from Jon Tron fans who were super mad because Playtonic removed his voice from the game. Textbook review bombing.

Oh, and no matter what anyone tells you, look forward to Capital Cashino. Best level in the game, and one I wish were in the "real" Banjo-Threeie.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I want to thank the people here who has shown support for Erdrick supporters some minutes ago.

As someone who is hoping to see both Banjo and Erdrick at E3, I’m happy to see these good vibes between each thread. The world would be great with more stuff like that.

And well, what will happen if Dragon Quest doesn’t feature content for Smash at E3? In my case nothing honestly. I won’t give up on the idea until Sakurai comes out to say that DQ will never get in. I haven’t gave up on Crash and neither will I with DQ.
Besides, Banjo is also great to have.
Gosh why did you and TheCJBrine TheCJBrine have to make me feel bad for both Steve and Erdrick fans. Curse this women's heart.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Story time!

I work in downtown Boston and there's a pretty big Gamestop on Winter street, near the Boston Commons. This particular Gamestop has pictures of gaming icons on the walls around the store. Big names. Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, Snake, Master Chief, Chun-Li, Lora Croft, Kratos, with only SpongeBob being the odd one out (Spongebob for Smash anyone?).

So I went down today to test a theory and sure enough, you know who else is on their walls?

That's right.

Banjo.

Don't ever let people convince you he's not an icon just because he hasn't had a game in a while.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Jon is definitely not someone to write off. I think he's more of an insider than he lets on.

Big if true
First Jon, now Imran. Both are insiders who seem to have access to information that the rest of us don't. Things are looking good!

This is like a reverse Grinch situation. Insiders are jumping on board the Banjo train and if Grinch taught is anything, it's that we should listen to the insiders. Remember they were the ones who were telling us that Grinch was fake all along.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Don’t feel bad.
Just enjoy a wonderful time with us if Banjo gets in.

After all, it’s a game. And games are made to have fun with.
I meant like. Making me realize there are reasons people want characters I don't want. And how my pushback against those characters can be seen. :v I apologize.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Story time!

I work in downtown Boston and there's a pretty big Gamestop on Winter street, near the Boston Commons. This particular Gamestop has pictures of gaming icons on the walls around the store. Big names. Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, Snake, Master Chief, Chun-Li, Lora Croft, Kratos, with only SpongeBob being the odd one out (Spongebob for Smash anyone?).

So I went walked down today to test a theory and sure enough, you know who else is on their walls?

That's right.

Banjo.

Don't ever let people convince you he's not an icon just because he hasn't had a game in a while.
Boston Commons? That is also the name of a mall I used to go to in Arlington, Virginia when I was young. I have fond memories of going there.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
A thought I had while catching up on the thread earlier today while people were saying they are expecting a banjo game (sorry it may be a bit irrelevant to where the convo ended up now but when we get a new page per hour its hard to keep up).

The only thing that would be reasonable to expect would be a HD remake or rare replay. If theyre making a threeie that would mean that they are doing it without Grant Kirkhope which would be terrible news.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
My view on Jon is that he seems to have more insider knowledge than he lets on. Yes, he's gotten some things wrong but it's hard to say if those things were bad intel from sources or if those specific things were pure speculation on his behalf with no other parties involved. I still see him as someone to look out for when it comes to what he says and keep it in mind for the future. Don't treat it all as gospel however.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Obviously, GameXplain has some insider knowledge, mainly early press materials as the Grinch fiasco showed us, but I think (and I could be wrong) I remember RogersBase being asked about Jon's scarily accurate speculations, and since he knows them, thought that while they do get insider information, the lucky speculation was just... lucky speculation. If they have insider information, like Incineroar being in, then their response is usually to stay quiet as we saw with the Grinch banner. I feel like Jon could not know any insider information, and is just riffing off of the rumors that are out there--otherwise, if they knew, they wouldn't have made a video on it.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Me with Crono after hearing that Imran doesn't believe Erdrick.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I don't know how credible the Google theory is now, but I found this interesting. Take this as you will because I do this Google search every few days so it's in my search history. I want to see if the methods of the Google theory hold up here in America.
20190607_145215.jpg
Again,this could be a coincidence, but I want to get you all to do the same Google search and see if the Ad pops up. Maybe someone do the search with their history and search history cleared.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't know how credible the Google theory is now, but I found this interesting. Take this as you will because I do this Google search every few days so it's in my search history. I want to see if the methods of the Google theory hold up here in America.
View attachment 226486
Again. This could be a coincidence, but I want to get you all to do the same Google search and see if the Ad pops up. Maybe someone do the search with their history and search history cleared.
Remember this only happened on UK google. And the ads directed to the fighter pass page and not the main page. You also need to be careful about what keywords you used because you could always get the ad to pop up with certain keywords. The whole thing about the google theory is that it gave the ads when people weren't searching directly for it.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Remember this only happened on UK google. And the ads directed to the fighter pass page and not the main page.
It may be nothing since Smash in the search bar. I've seen this ad cone and go when I do the search. Since E3 is so close its possible NOA is setting those ads up.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
E3 reveals a Banjo collection and a new Banjo game. They show off some gameplay, introduce gimmicks/worlds/characters/etc through jigsaw puzzles like how the games opened up the worlds.

Then Banjo and Kazooie have one jiggy left, they approach a puzzle board we can't see, fit it and its complete. Its pans back them standing in front of a puzzle picture of the Smash Ultimate battlefield with the puzzle complete fanfare going.

Cue Smash characters number 72.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
View attachment 226486
[/SPOILER.] Again,this could be a coincidence, but I want to get you all to do the same Google search and see if the Ad pops up. Maybe someone do the search with their history and search history cleared.
i'm pretty sure you have to do a bunch with your cache or cookies or something to actually have untampered results. there were instructions posted somewhere IIRC it was papagenos discord by that duck guy (cant remember his name lol)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I live in the UK so how do I search using the google theory?

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Man I am really excited to see how BK's design is gonna look, like literally that's the only thing I dont want to be leaked because the moment of its unveil will be glorious. I am also really nervous because imagine their design looks weird or just totally sucks

Last edited:
Top Bottom