• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Banjo's Japan support is going strong, for which he ain't the one playing the swan song. But this ballot here is almost coming to an end, and the various chances of this bear being accepted could depend. But there is one thing that you Rarebares should know, that this truly isn't the end of the show. This dynamic duo would simply make a double grin, that they are definitely going for the win.
Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looking back at my post, I actually thought my Grunty impression was more cheesy than excellent. But at least I've tried. :laugh:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
Nah its was fine lol

Though why would anybody want mimick grundy

We all at some point wanted to punch her face in.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord

Banjo's Japan support is going strong, for which he ain't the one playing the swan song. But this ballot here is almost coming to an end, and the various chances of this bear being accepted could depend. But there is one thing that you Rarebares should know, that this truly isn't the end of the show. This dynamic duo would simply make a double grin, that they are definitely going for the win.
Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!
Where are these sources from? Been trying to get into 2ch to see what Japan says on the ballot.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Where are these sources from? Been trying to get into 2ch to see what Japan says on the ballot.
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn collects this data from a variety of forums, Smash communities, and Twitter from where he lives. I've got to hand it to the guy for being so dedicated to his job and giving us the best insight for anything Smash related. You can ask more from him if you want to see this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
problem with polls are , most of them aren't accurate.

you can't be sure the 3rd of october.
You are indeed right, the only true results will be whatever Nintendo gives us on that day when the ballot is finally closed. Assuming they haven't trashed Nintendo Directs for good, that would be the best time for us to have a look at the final list (just like how things went with Capcom for Marvel vs. Capcom 3).

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
i wonder how they will make banjo different then duck hunt ( both have birds)

they might have some similar moves aswell, the up b

just saying, i hope they don't make him an almost clone character.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There's no way Banjo would have a lot of Duck Hunt moves.

The body structure is very different so animations would need to be remade.

Duck Hunt specials wouldn't make sense for Banjo.

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn collects this data from a variety of forums, Smash communities, and Twitter from where he lives. I've got to hand it to the guy for being so dedicated to his job and giving us the best insight for anything Smash related. You can ask more from him if you want to see this.
Thanks <3. I'm glad the community is appreciating my effort, and I'm happy to help! Smash is just so interesting!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So if it turns out Banjo and Kazooie won't make it in who would your second choice be? Mine would be Isaac from Golden Sun.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
my choices go in this order

Kos-mos, shantae, K Rool, Banjoo kazooie, Shovel knight, then the rest lol

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Who knew Magalor was so popular? Banjo-Kazooie tied for eighth is awesome. Discounted Roy by the way since he's in.

In terms of Duck Hunt vs BK....

Neutral Special:

DH - Can

BK - Shooting eggs

Side Special

DH - Frisbee

BK - Not sure but it wouldn't be a projectile. Could be something as simple as charging forward as if they have gold feathers on ground. Glides in the air

Down Special

DH - Gunman

BK - could be some form of beak buster

Up Special

DH - Lame fly move

BK - Could either be a fast rising vertical move with little horizontal movement so that they can glide or a spring pad jump.

Dash attack

DH - Does he slide in with the beak?

BK - forward roll

Smash attacks.

DH - All use shooting animations

BK - Maybe slam Kazooie in front of him for the side smash. Swing the backup around for the down smash.

The point of this wasn't so much to make a quick moveset, but to show how different duck hunt and BK would play.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
In my eyes, the Banjo Special moveset could work like Pit's...
B.- Arrows // Eggs ... both projectiles
Side B.- Super Arm or the "AYAYAYAYAH!!" // Wonder Wing ... both hard hitters on the run with reflective properties
Up B.- Flight // Flight ... :V
Down B.- Guardian Orbitars or the Shield // .... For this I like more the Mechazooie eggs being like the MechaKoopas

I really don't get the idea of BK playing like DH... Is like thinking that Marth is just like Link because the 2 have swords...

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Bump.

The voting is almost over and there doesn't seem to enough hype for these two, ugh c'mon!

The bear and bird! a RARE comeback!

WA-HEY

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Bump.

The voting is almost over and there doesn't seem to enough hype for these two, ugh c'mon!

The bear and bird! a RARE comeback!

WA-HEY
To be fair I can't see any of the character support threads getting additional hype at the moment. Sure the ballot is ending soon, but its not like we have any additional information other than the Shovel Knight thing to get people going. However, we're still pushing people to vote ofcourse.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I really think that more than the 80% of the votes were made in the first months of the Ballot, with the Hype running trough out veins...
Now... the votes are just to "adjust" the results...
I hope that Sakurai reveal the results, at least some numbers...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't know about you, but if Microsoft was willing enough to put a Minecraft spin-off on the Wii U, I think they'd be willing enough to add Banjo in Smash now. I used to see him as very unlikely, but the recent Minecraft game made me rethink about their chances a little.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well, also, Microsoft (or at least Phil Spencer) has a very good opinion of Nintendo. I feel Banjo getting in is very possible. Not sure about likely, but he is possible regardless of popular opinion.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Well, also, Microsoft (or at least Phil Spencer) has a very good opinion of Nintendo. I feel Banjo getting in is very possible. Not sure about likely, but he is possible regardless of popular opinion.
Wasn't one of phil spencer's goals was to make gaming fun and exciting no matter what the situation?- like, put stuff in for the good of gaming?- or something along the lines of that? (damn, I slashed my grammer hardcore).

idk, he seems like a really cool dude.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Ideal scenario:

Nintendo acquires the rights to banjo-kazooie and puts them in smash 4,

Then next year after yooka-laylee comes out they buy playtonic games and make then a second party developer in charge of banjo-kazooie. and they put yooka and laylee in smash 4.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ideal scenario:

Then next year after yooka-laylee comes out they buy playtonic games and make then a second party developer in charge of banjo-kazooie. and they put yooka and laylee in smash 4.
and then we get the banjo kazooie/yooka laylee crossover game

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ideal scenario:

If only miracles likes these would come into fruition.

and then we get the banjo kazooie/yooka laylee crossover game
Oooooooh yes! This would be too good of an idea to pass on since the developers still love their older creations. :smirk:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Ideal scenario:

Sorry if that's harsh but I'd rather call that a "dream scenario". But it's a nice dream. :smash: :grin:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!
Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Where can you see the ranking? I can't find it on that page (or I'm blind)...
Look in the large image in BluePikmin's spoiler, that's where you can see the Top 483 characters.

Seeing Banjo that high is pretty pleasing, even though he does have legal issues going for him.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So I made one last draw for my top 3 Ballot characters. My number #3 is Banjo-Kazooie. I wanted to make more, but time was getting shorter.

While I still think its unlikely as ever to get them in Smash Bros. I made this list from my personal wishes more than whats probable. I still remember back in Melee days when I made this account, I would have given everything to see them in Smash. Somehow I ended as well in this daring bet too... maybe its time to change my avatar.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I made one last draw for my top 3 Ballot characters. My number #3 is Banjo-Kazooie. I wanted to make more, but time was getting shorter.

While I still think its unlikely as ever to get them in Smash Bros. I made this list from my personal wishes more than whats probable. I still remember back in Melee days when I made this account, I would have given everything to see them in Smash. Somehow I ended as well in this daring bet too... maybe its time to change my avatar.
That's actually a great drawing, loving the expressions on their face (especially Kazooie's).

It really makes me wish that the Smash team were to look at all the support these two have and think about what legal loopholes that needs to be done to earn Microsoft's permission. Having these two in Smash would literally be the best thing to ever happen and they are "Nintendo-enough" despite their current third party ownership.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
You know what? if its legitimately too expensive and/or legally too much for them to be playable characters..

then please for the love of god, give them a mii costume, I don't care, I wanna see some sort of trace of them in Smash.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
You know what? if its legitimately too expensive and/or legally too much for them to be playable characters..

then please for the love of god, give them a mii costume, I don't care, I wanna see some sort of trace of them in Smash.
Hmm that might indeed be another problem. Does anybody know how they brought Mega Man or Sonic in Smash? Did they have to pay a fee (amongst all the legal agreements, of course)? Or do Capcom and Sega get money for every sold copy of Smash?

By the way, I think it would be the full character or nothing, but not a Mii costume. If they had a Mii costume in there, they pretty much got the right to use B-Ks design anyway. And its nowhere a replacement for the full character as well. I'm still looking for a perfect Mii to wear that K. Rool costume...

By the way, concerning the ballot...

Vote (again) if you didn't do it already!

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That's actually a great drawing, loving the expressions on their face (especially Kazooie's).

It really makes me wish that the Smash team were to look at all the support these two have and think about what legal loopholes that needs to be done to earn Microsoft's permission. Having these two in Smash would literally be the best thing to ever happen and they are "Nintendo-enough" despite their current third party ownership.
I'm not so sure it is as complicated as everyone seems to think. Business deals happen all the time and Microsoft seems to have a high regard for Nintendo. Also a high level employee has supported their inclusion. I'm pretty sure if Nintendo wants to use them it can happen.

SeanHicksArt

Smash Rookie

With only a few days left, let's do our best to bring the bear and bird back with Nintendo's characters for the brawl! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Let's not waste it!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've been going around at school, furiously entering votes for Banjo and Toad on different computers.

Top Bottom