• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I always thought Hag 1 would be a better Final Smash move for her. I'm all for her hot form being an alt. skin though.
True, Hag 1 would be the best option for a Final Smash since it showcased how villainous that witch can truly be. I doubt Nuts & Bolts really captured that feeling with the last boss due to the usage of the less impressive vehicles (and L.O.G. interrupting the intensity of the fight).

The hot form would be great for an alternate costume, or even a victory animation for that full trolling potential. :troll:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
True, Hag 1 would be the best option for a Final Smash since it showcased how villainous that witch can truly be. I doubt Nuts & Bolts really captured that feeling with the last boss due to the usage of the less impressive vehicles (and L.O.G. interrupting the intensity of the fight).

The hot form would be great for an alternate costume, or even a victory animation for that full trolling potential. :troll:
lol that'd be great. I think we'd have Banjo-Kazooie, Grunty and Mumbo Jumbo by now if Rare had stayed. I heard Banjo-Kazooie was actually considered for Melee before the Rare buyout started.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
lol that'd be great. I think we'd have Banjo-Kazooie, Grunty and Mumbo Jumbo by now if Rare had stayed. I heard Banjo-Kazooie was actually considered for Melee before the Rare buyout started.
Yep, we would have had the whole gang by now if only Rare didn't sell themselves to the devil (Microsoft). He actually would have been my main over Donkey Kong back then since the different eggs and Kazooie's beak attacks would have worked well for Melee's engine. Now that I think of it, plenty of potential characters didn't make the cut for Melee and several would have been perfect for Smash (including the aforementioned Banjo). And if he did make it through the final game, we would have had Spiral Mountain or Grunty's Lair as a stage with a remix of at lest one of Grant Kirkthrope's orgasmic songs. *drools*

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
You thought the Luigi death stare was the original....

Too bad a Banjo Kazooie amiibo is even more unlikely than the duo being in smash. The Shovel Knight amiibo opens up a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You thought the Luigi death stare was the original....

Too bad a Banjo Kazooie amiibo is even more unlikely than the duo being in smash. The Shovel Knight amiibo opens up a lot of possibilities.

Mumbo stares into the souls of the unworthy. Definitely needs to be a new meme.

Shovel Knight's Amiibo does raise a few possibilities and Nintendo did say that they were open to more like that in the future. I don't know if it refers to third parties in general or indies, but that does give me a sign that they are interested in more collaborations like that.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
The Indie Amiibos are a "creative way" to make deals with the developers, to make sure to get content if not first, with more content for DLC.

In the same way... it would be cool to have some third party amiibos, obviously having the game with some kind of exclusivity (maybe for a year or 6 months...) and with 100% exclusive content attached to the Amiibo...

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The Indie Amiibos are a "creative way" to make deals with the developers, to make sure to get content if not first, with more content for DLC.

In the same way... it would be cool to have some third party amiibos, obviously having the game with some kind of exclusivity (maybe for a year or 6 months...) and with 100% exclusive content attached to the Amiibo...
While I'm glad Nintendo is receiving exclusive content in the case of Shovel Knight (Both Microsoft and Sony already have their own), I'm somewhat hesitant in having all of the content attached to the Amiibo for fear of stock shortages. If Nintendo can meet the demand for their figures then I wouldn't see this as much of a problem. Plus Amiibos can provide continued DLC across new games if executed properly.

Anyways, more on Banjo in order to not derail this too far...

If Banjo got into smash do you guys think there would be any reference to Banjo Pilot or even Grunty's Revenge? Those games always seem to be overshadowed by the console entries, which honestly are far better.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo gets in, I would kill to listen a joke about that is a relief that his Final Smash isn't transforming into a Tank (Tank Banjo from Grunty's Revenge), like the other 2 Antropomorphic Animals...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If Banjo got into smash do you guys think there would be any reference to Banjo Pilot or even Grunty's Revenge? Those games always seem to be overshadowed by the console entries, which honestly are far better.
I doubt Banjo Pilot but I could see Grunty's Revenge, if only because its variation on Pack Wack would fit so well into a Smash moveset. A Palutena chat discussion with the above would also be great though.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Just a small reminder, guys:

We've got barely one month to vote for Banjo! Keep spreading the word and vote (again) if you didn't already! Time is running!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Just a small reminder, guys:

We've got barely one month to vote for Banjo! Keep spreading the word and vote (again) if you didn't already! Time is running!

Create a Minjo army to rat-a-tat rap the vote. I miss Banjo games. I forced my roommate to watch me playthrough Banjo-Kazooie. He was a fan. I think its time for Tooie.

Edit: Old Banjo team playing Mario Maker: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Create a Minjo army to rat-a-tat rap the vote. I miss Banjo games. I forced my roommate to watch me playthrough Banjo-Kazooie. He was a fan. I think its time for Tooie.

Edit: Old Banjo team playing Mario Maker: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk
It's only a matter of time until PlayTonic would build their relationship with Nintendo in the future. Them becoming a new developer for Nintendo had been a pipe dream of mines since the day Yooka Laylee was revealed.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Only a month left on the ballot. I wonder if we will finally get our favorite duo in the game like he deserved so long ago? There are plenty of reasons why they should be included and some why he shouldn't so I just don't know how this will end. Hopefully Sakurai recognizes this golden opportunity to bring back a Nintendo all star. I suppose all I can do is hope until October.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
It's only a matter of time until PlayTonic would build their relationship with Nintendo in the future. Them becoming a new developer for Nintendo had been a pipe dream of mines since the day Yooka Laylee was revealed.
Maybe for certain games... so that Nintendo lends Playtonic an IP of their own, to create Diddy Kong Racing 2, for example! But concerning the majority of games, I think that they'd like to stay independent for now and release on as many platforms as possible.

Only a month left on the ballot. I wonder if we will finally get our favorite duo in the game like he deserved so long ago? There are plenty of reasons why they should be included and some why he shouldn't so I just don't know how this will end. Hopefully Sakurai recognizes this golden opportunity to bring back a Nintendo all star. I suppose all I can do is hope until October.
Yeah... I hope that Nintendo as a company doesn't stand in the way at the end. As pessimistic as this sounds, I'm afraid that this might be the real problem. If they really allow BK to join the fight, I'd consider Nintendo the pinnacle of fan-friendly companies. Then they'd prove that they're able to overcome the unwritten laws of competition in the industry in order to satisfy their fans.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Maybe for certain games... so that Nintendo lends Playtonic an IP of their own, to create Diddy Kong Racing 2, for example! But concerning the majority of games, I think that they'd like to stay independent for now and release on as many platforms as possible.
Since Rare supposedly own characters like Taj, T.T. and Krunch, I have my doubts that a deal with Playtonic working on DKR2 would ever happen but, then again, there are rumours of Retro Studios and other companies having worked on it for a while and it does seem odd that Diddy isn't in either of the current Mario Kart games.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Since Rare supposedly own characters like Taj, T.T. and Krunch, I have my doubts that a deal with Playtonic working on DKR2 would ever happen but, then again, there are rumours of Retro Studios and other companies having worked on it for a while and it does seem odd that Diddy isn't in either of the current Mario Kart games.
Yep. Furthermore, there's a rumor about Nintendo buying some DKR characters, like Timber. And to be honest, I could have a sequel without the ones you listed so far - they could pull some other characters from the Donkey Kong Country series and put some "minor" characters from other big franchises in this game... like Bandana Dee, for example. And of course, Playtonic's own characters, like Yooka & Laylee or this funny little minion with the hanging jar :chuckle:

Just let David Wise do the music again & include the best things about the original, like an overworld, boss races, the item system and of course the three different vehicle classes. Oh, and use the Mario Kart 8 engine. Then I'd be satisfied to the fullest!

Last edited:

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Is Microsoft really even competing with Nintendo? Is it really that detrimental to Nintendo if they include a character that is more associated with them than Microsoft? Microsoft's main sellers are shooters and action games. So including Banjo wouldn't be a bad idea at all for both sides.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Is Microsoft really even competing with Nintendo? Is it really that detrimental to Nintendo if they include a character that is more associated with them than Microsoft? Microsoft's main sellers are shooters and action games. So including Banjo wouldn't be a bad idea at all for both sides.
Realistically, Microsoft would benefit more than Nintendo. Having him in Smash would at first make the Banjo brand stronger, since many players from the younger generations would learn about this character for the first time. It might draw some older ones to Smash (and the Wii U in general), but I would guess that many oldschool Rare fans own that console anyway, since it's the best system for platformer-games nowadays.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yep. Furthermore, there's a rumor about Nintendo buying some DKR characters, like Timber. And to be honest, I could have a sequel without the ones you listed so far - they could pull some other characters from the Donkey Kong Country series and put some "minor" characters from other big franchises in this game... like Bandana Dee, for example. And of course, Playtonic's own characters, like Yooka & Laylee or this funny little minion with the hanging jar :chuckle:

Just let David Wise do the music again & include the best things about the original, like an overworld, boss races, the item system and of course the three different vehicle classes. Oh, and use the Mario Kart 8 engine. Then I'd be satisfied to the fullest!

GTFO!

They ripped off Mario Kart's engine and weapons massively with Diddy Kong Racing DS and it has put so many people off trying the original because, quite frankly, the Mario Kart mechanics are terrible for the series and do not work for such a skill based game. Heck, many aspects of Mario Kart's design are just downright stupid to begin with.

Fortunately, if the rumours are true and Nintendo really is working on this, they're wanting to make it as different as possible and will thus be emphasising the unique aspects such as non-random upgradable items that don't shoot the user, mechanics that don't force drifting down your throat and punish anyone light enough to win by other means and, of course, sidekicks from all of Nintendo's then greatest titles, likely including the mentioned Bandana Dee.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, DKR2 could be a good idea for a Playtonic Game. But I think they could do a Reinvention... like Retro did Metroid Prime and DKC returns... they could make an Ice Climbers Game, or Mach Rider... a revival, just like they did with DK in th 90's... and then, open the gates to new IPs

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
GTFO!

They ripped off Mario Kart's engine and weapons massively with Diddy Kong Racing DS and it has put so many people off trying the original because, quite frankly, the Mario Kart mechanics are terrible for the series and do not work for such a skill based game. Heck, many aspects of Mario Kart's design are just downright stupid to begin with.

Fortunately, if the rumours are true and Nintendo really is working on this, they're wanting to make it as different as possible and will thus be emphasising the unique aspects such as non-random upgradable items that don't shoot the user, mechanics that don't force drifting down your throat and punish anyone light enough to win by other means and, of course, sidekicks from all of Nintendo's then greatest titles, likely including the mentioned Bandana Dee.
Woah. No need to be rude, especially if you don't know what I was talking about. I was talking about the engine - not the game. There's a difference. Using the same engine - not game mechanics, physics or whatsoever - has many great benefits. Or does MK8 not look beautiful? Does it not have a great performance? And no, it still wouldn't look the same - just go and look how different all the games that run on the Unreal engine look. And no, not every game running with the Unreal engine is Unreal Tournament.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok, sorry, it's been a long time since I've looked at Unreal engine and thus a long time since I've seen anyone use the term right.
Personally, I've yet to see the big fuss about the way MK8 looks. It's good but nothing amazing so far as I can tell. I wouldn't be particularly for or against the graphics engine.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Not going to get involved but the idea that people still believe Ridley is above 0 chance is quite laughable IMO. He's in as a boss and Sakurai has specifically stated he won't be playable numerous times.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we get Lil'Ridley or Lil'MetaRidley ?... like some of them voted for Captain K.Rool... XD...

I Hope the Hype from the start of the Ballot give Banjo a Chance...

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
This song plays whenever I think about going into the RTC thread to see what people are saying about Banjo

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry, it's been a long time since I've looked at Unreal engine and thus a long time since I've seen anyone use the term right.
Personally, I've yet to see the big fuss about the way MK8 looks. It's good but nothing amazing so far as I can tell. I wouldn't be particularly for or against the graphics engine.
Then I wonder which Wii U game does actually look amazing from your point of view... for me, it was (along with the visually limited, yet beautiful Super Mario 3D World) one of the first, really beautiful HD outings by Nintendo. If not the most impressive yet.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.
Wow... Seeing the results I get the impression that we don't want anithing =P... almost the 90% of the characters get more "NO" responses than the others convined...

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wow... Seeing the results I get the impression that we don't wan't anithing =P... almost the 90% of the characters get more "NO" responses than the others convined...
People like to put "No, I don't want them" when they mean "No, I don't care about them either way". Either that or they're selfish enough to think that only their own personal wants should be allowed.

Top Bottom