• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Something like this would be neat:

I actually put this stage in my Project M build & inserted the orchestrated final battle music from Blake Robinson:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/banjo-kazooie-symphony/id651500888 (by the way: B-K fans, go buy this album! This guy did an excellent job in orchestrating the whole soundtrack of the first game. Grunty's Medley is sooo awesome!)

I think you guys should really stop dreaming so big now.
You are only setting yourselfs for disappointment by doing so; they are still very unlikely.
Nah, one of the biggest problems I thought don't seem to be a problem at all: Microsoft. We don't know what can happen alongside a possible Smash appearance of the duo. Maybe there's even more if Nintendo & Microsoft try to work together! As stubborn as it sounds, we have to be vocal now. This is the only way to show them that they can do much more with this IP! Even Nintendo seems to be more open than ever.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
You are only setting yourselfs for disappointment by doing so; they are still very unlikely.
I'd rather try and fail then not try at all and never knowing what could have been.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They are no longer "very unlikely", they've moved from that to being plausible.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Let's just try to get as many people to vote for Banjo-Kazooie. This is possible.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That's awesome. If Microsoft has no problem with Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash Bros. then I wonder how they'd be like with them making a return on a Nintendo Console? they don't necessarily have to give up the IP or anything.(although it would be nice) Well, if K. Rool doesn't make it and Banjo-Kazooie do then that'll be more than enough to still make me happy.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Never played Banjo Kazooie before, and I think this is awesome. If I hadn't have already voted I'd totally vote for them just for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Never played Banjo Kazooie before, and I think this is awesome. If I hadn't have already voted I'd totally vote for them just for the sake of it.
Grab a mobile phone with mobile internet & vote for them! :) Your IP always changes when sticking to mobile internet & switching flight mode on/off.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'll admit, I'll actually have some respect for Microsoft if they decide to work with Nintendo a bit.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Well, it's basically free advertising for Microsoft as Banjo is technically part of the company. Granted, They didn't have a game for a while but still.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
...wow.

I'm still shaky on their chances, but I'm a huge fan of Banjo and Kazooie, and to think something that just a couple of days ago was a huge pipe dream now might actually be possible...wow.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Just voted for them. Filled up the description to max. I'm not missing my chance to vote for the gibberish bird and bear. They would be amazing in Smash 4. Who hasn't wanted to see Banjo and Kazooie duke it out with Mario and co. It's one of those childhood dreams; this fanbase deserves some love.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I tweeted Gamexplain to see if they'd spread the word. Feel that this would help a lot.
I also tweeted a few extremely popular Youtubers to help if they'd be so kind.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know what would be ironic, if all the character DLC announcements turn out to be way better than most of the characters who were announced for the actual game.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I hardly know anything about the Banjo-Kazooie franchise (essentially what I know is that there's a bear, a bird, lots of contraptions and platforming, and their series was very popular on the Nintendo 64...I'd really like to try out the series someday), and even I think they should be a shoo-in for Super Smash Bros. roster inclusion despite the Rare split from Nintendo. I have no idea what the puzzle-piece thing is (probably some type of token/collectible/tool; I'll have to research later), and it already looks like a great choice for a Banjo-Kazooie Universe emblem!

Great news to hear that someone from Microsoft's XBox division is willing to work with Nintendo, even amid the divisive "Console Wars" of today. While I fear they could easily be a Duck Hunt Dog clone, from what I've seen, Banjo and Kazooie have ample unique material for making a moveset with!

Pit: Lady Palutena! That bear is holding a bird captive in his backpack!

Palutena: That bird isn't captive, Pit, that's Banjo and Kazooie. They were big platforming icons at a time, they work together to stop the evil witch Gruntilda from accomplishing her evil plots.

Pit: Heh, a bear and a bird fighting an old hag?

Gruntilda: Listen here you little twit, say that again and I'll toss you down a pit!
Pit: Gah! It's some kind of goblin!

Palutena: You fiend! How did you hack into my divine frequency?

Gruntilda: Your divine frequency? Please! I found my way here with ease.

Pit: I'm still in the middle of a fight here!

Gruntilda: I'll give you tips, so listen here, only so you can thrash that bird and bear! The bird can fly and fire eggs, and run quick with her chicken legs. Don't forget the hairy dope, he'll wack you good and then you'll mope!

Pit: Uh, thanks, I think?

Palutena: Well that was certainly... helpful rhyming.
Gruntilda: Now off I go, so don't delay, win this match and make my day!
"You'll learn to hate that bird and bear! Trust me, this isn't hot air!" :p
If these 2 quotes were somehow combined for the Palutena's Guidance entry of Banjo and Kazooie, that would be swell. :)

As pessimistic as I sometimes feel, we need to at least hold a shred of optimism and hope for the best. A lot of "purportedly unlikely" things have happened at Nintendo in the past few months/years, including:
  • Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all featuring in the same game (Super Smash Bros. 4) :4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
  • EarthBound and Donkey Kong 64 actually getting Virtual Console re-releases for Wii U
  • Nintendo making "Nintendo GameCube-compatible" Wii U adapters just for Super Smash Bros. 4
  • Operation Rainfall's adequate success
  • The mere existence of Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Versions ("HOENN CONFIRMED" for years on end, until they actually were!) AND The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS
  • ...currently culminating in probably the prime example of a playable Mewtwo actually making it into the character roster of Super Smash Bros. 4 (who many thought was doomed until "Super Smash Bros. 5" when Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS got released). :4mewtwo:
  • Oh, and Lucas in Super Smash Bros. 4 at all, who was thought by some people to be 'unlikely' due to Ness basically inheriting all of Lucas's special moves via move customization. :4lucas:
  • Not to mention the seemingly "highly unlikely" Solid Snake making it into Super Smash Bros. Brawl via the power of friendship (and apparently a small dose of So My Kids Can Watch) :snake:
One may have even thought it unlikely that a head person within Microsoft would even respond directly to such a Super Smash Bros.-related tweet, yet here we are! At this rate, it feels like the term "unlikely" isn't even in Nintendo's dictionary these days; epic stuff just happens. :laugh:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Can we vote more than once on a single computer?
Yes but I wouldn't recommend it being how they could easily track your computer and delete the votes if done too many times. If anything I'd vote using different computers and devices.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Yes but I wouldn't recommend it being how they could easily track your computer and delete the votes if done too many times. If anything I'd vote using different computers and devices.
I'll be voting multiple times on multiple devices.
Most of said votes will be for Banjo & Kazooie and Toad/Captain Toad.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Can we vote more than once on a single computer?
Yes, but probably wont be much of importance, since ninty says that refrain from voting multiple times.

However, what I think is that the only way to know this is if the request comes from the same IP.
So technically voting from multiple devices (which have different IPs) is valid.

D

Deleted member

Already voted twice and passed it onto all my friends who also voted. Also posted a link to the tweet on Jontron's YT page as well as brentalfloss.

Someone who has twitter should retweet Phil's comment to Sakurai. In fact, EVERYONE with twitter do that. Let the man know how big this is. This already plastered on major gaming news sites, and even some non-gaming exclusive ones like Forbes. We'll probably see a lot of video reports tomorrow too, so just ride the hype train while its fresh so Nintendo becomes well aware that we want Banjo in Smash.

This might just be the only chance we get.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The votes will flow strongly.
Nintendo will get the message. I have no doubt.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Just do all you can to spread the word. There are many people who may want Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Brothers but do not even bother to vote because they feel it's just too unrealistic. This tweet from this morning is evident to me (and obviously many others) that it is indeed quite plausible. We need to spread this around to well known people, your friends and family and let everyone know that we can get our favourite bear and bird in the best Super Smash Brothers game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never mind. I don't want to say it out loud.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I went to Verizon today, and I voted on each device once, mostly voting for K. Rool and Wolf. However, I made some votes for Banjo-Kazooie. I think their being in Smash would be interesting.
Nice one! Everyone, go to an Apple Store and use up all the votes!! I might be working in one in a few weeks time, so I'll give Banjo some love!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I plan on voting repeatedly at libraries.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That's funny, because I just started playing a Banjo-Kazooie game for the first time.

If by some sheer dumb luck Sakurai takes advantage of this, I really hope he doesn't make Banjo looks like the abomination we saw in Nuts and Bolts.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't think Banjo's nuts and bolts design is that bad, though I definitely prefer the original.
Kazooie's is awful though.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I don't think Banjo's nuts and bolts design is that bad, though I definitely prefer the original.
Kazooie's is awful though.
Agreed, she looked like a ***** in that game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Guess who I just voted for

:troll:

But seriously, if it wasn't for Phil Spencer's comment I would have just dismissed voting for Banjo as a pipedream.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Everything else aside, regardless of chances, even though it obviously and deliberately would come with a fair share of profit for them, I have to give credit where credit is due, for as much as I might rag on them, for as upset as their treatment of Rare has made me, I have to give it to Microsoft, it is very cool of them to even be open to something like this.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
It's just personal bias since Nuts and Bolts was a big flop.
I quite liked it...

Everything else aside, regardless of chances, even though it obviously and deliberately would come with a fair share of profit for them, I have to give credit where credit is due, for as much as I might rag on them, for as upset as their treatment of Rare has made me, I have to give it to Microsoft, it is very cool of them to even be open to something like this.
I agree. I have to say, Phil Spencer has brought a lot of fresh ideas, it seems. He's always talking about how much he loves Nintendo and Sony, and this is one of the moments where he's trying to be a collective guy, I guess. He's not all about the competition, but more about what Microsoft can do to provide to customers by partnering with other companies. He's like the only one there that thinks this way, it seems...

Last edited:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
This is an utterly fantastic thing to hear. It is time to sway the vote in Banjo's favor.

Cut characters should not take priority over real opportunities like this. We already have two cut characters coming back anyway.

Banjo-Kazooie is a huge part of what made the N64 so great. It is the quintessential 3D platformer. Banjo and Kazooie stand to make a ton of profit for Nintendo and MS, especially if Nintendo releases Virtual Console content for the series.

This hype is absolutely real and must be sustained. Man the polls, Smashboards.

Top Bottom