• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
At least with Ryu all-but confirmed, we know that 3rd Party DLC IS a thing.
Not just that, but 3rd party DLC for a characther that is on a game that will be in a game exclusively in the rival console... Smash is where the worlds colide...

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Just found out my Banjo-Tooie cartridge works.
Well... Sort of.
It doesn't save. Did some googling and found out it is NOT a battery based cartridge. Did some googling on that, and can only find people talking about the emulator.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I voted for Banjo-Kazooie. I really want them in and this might be the only oppurtunity we will have.

And with support from Xbox guy and Donkey Kong 64 on virtual console, there might be a shot.

But we just need more votes!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Not just that, but 3rd party DLC for a characther that is on a game that will be in a game exclusively in the rival console... Smash is where the worlds colide...
Maybe Microsoft is being smart about this. They know that this would be advertisement for a new Banjo-Kazooie game which would be exclusive to Xbox One. They've been teasing Banjo/Battletoads comebacks for months now, something is definitely brewing over there.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It is intruiging that Nintendo and MSoft have had to come to terms recently on DK64 because of the Jetpac game that's in it.

D

Deleted member

It is intruiging that Nintendo and MSoft have had to come to terms recently on DK64 because of the Jetpac game that's in it.
What do you mean? I never owned the game...
EDIT: Okay, I just googled what that is. But why would that have been a problem? It's not like Nintendo has to pretend Rare didn't make the game, just because Rare is now owned by Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? I never owned the game...
EDIT: Okay, I just googled what that is. But why would that have been a problem? It's not like Nintendo has to pretend Rare didn't make the game, just because Rare is now owned by Microsoft.
I think he was speaking of potential IP issues with that Jetpac game. Just like Banjo-Kazooie, Jetpack belongs to Microsoft now. So they had to come to an agreement with MS to feature this IP on a Nintendo release, I guess.

Of course, Jetpack doesn't have the same scale & importance of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, but it shows that both companies actually cooperate with each other. So it's not about admitting that Rare made a DK game, because most content in this release is Nintendo IP anyways. It's only about that possible Jetpack-agreement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he was speaking of potential IP issues with that Jetpac game. Just like Banjo-Kazooie, Jetpack belongs to Microsoft now. So they had to come to an agreement with MS to feature this IP on a Nintendo release, I guess.

Of course, Jetpack doesn't have the same scale & importance of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, but it shows that both companies actually cooperate with each other. So it's not about admitting that Rare made a DK game, because most content in this release is Nintendo IP anyways. It's only about that possible Jetpack-agreement.
Ok, I guess so. I'm sure that Microsoft was not worried that releasing Jetpac in DK64 would hinder potential sales of the Xbox One.

It's the same reason why Rare was able to publish Grunty's Revenge and Banjo-Pilot for the GBA after being bought by Micosoft.
But...after that, there was the fact that the Diddy Kong Racing remake had Banjo removed, so yes, I suppose it is a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Any new information around the webs? Besides that recent one of Sakurai saying that he wants to produce as much DLC as possible for the fans?
That sounds great! I'll stick with this: Having Sakurai as Smash'es director is a pure blessing!

In other news, we'll see Project Ukulele's protagonists and much more in just one week! They already sent out some press kits with music as well. This guy right here is already stoked while good ol' Grant stays humble:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Here's also a pretty interesting interview with Grant:

Last edited:
Whether ukelele is good or not, the music will be fantastic

The game better be freaking good to.

Would anyone make a thread for ukelele's protags if it goes to the wii u?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzJaitB8XQQ#t=680

That instrument starting at 4:31 that plays Gruntilda's theme. It causes a sort of happier vibe. WHAT IS THAT INSTRUMENT? It sounds like a type of brass...someone help me out please?
You mean that brass-like thingy that plays off beat?

edit:

Ah, DK Vine. Good stuff, good stuff :grin:

Last edited:

Fulsaburgore

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking on the board for a while and I'll abmit. I support 100% Shantae, Shovel Knight, K. Rool, Banjo and Kazooie, and Wolf to all be in smash bros and I officaly am going to start posting here. Also I will be a supporter for this thread and many others.

yani

Smash Lord
On the topic of Nintendo/Microsoft working together for DK64 / Jetpac, I do wonder if Nintendo had to sign off on anything for the Killer Instinct Classic on Xbox One. While KI is Microsoft's, the original game was still published by Nintendo. So surely they have to have SOME sort of signing off to do?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
No because KI was owned by Rare so Microsoft has full ownership now also I'm pretty sure the first KI was on an arcade machine

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
To be honest if Microsoft didn't steal own rights to Banjo and Kazooie they could have been playable since brawl. I hope if they do become playable one day they don't have the same problem as the Ice Climbers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope if they do become playable one day they don't have the same problem as the Ice Climbers.
They wouldn't function like the ice climbers at all. It'd be more like Duck Hunt where it looks like two characters but it's actually just one.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Rare buyout didn't just happen over night, Rare was looking to sell themselves for a good while and Micro$oft and Activision were both going at it in an attempt to buy them. Of course, we all know M$ threw down the bags of cash and won in the end.

Nintendo was actually looking to buy them too, but neither they or Activision could compete with M$' pockets.

It's safe to assume that Sakurai knew of the bidding war and steered clear of adding any characters as a precaution. Hell, according to someone who actually worked at Rare at the time, there were tons of Rare based trophies that were scrapped.

PsychoJosh

Would you guys be opposed to the idea of Microsoft making a Rareware all-star fighter similar to Power Stone? This is an idea I proposed to them on Killer Instinct's forums. Banjo can be the main star of it, and they'd pull in many Rare franchises into it.

I dunno, the way I see it, everyone's had their turn at making an all-star fighting game and it's Microsoft's turn now. So what better way to go about it than by making a Rare all-star game that brings back everybody?

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can someone link the Project Ukulele music that has been released?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
The Rare buyout didn't just happen over night, Rare was looking to sell themselves for a good while and Micro$oft and Activision were both going at it in an attempt to buy them. Of course, we all know M$ threw down the bags of cash and won in the end.

Nintendo was actually looking to buy them too, but neither they or Activision could compete with M$' pockets.

It's safe to assume that Sakurai knew of the bidding war and steered clear of adding any characters as a precaution. Hell, according to someone who actually worked at Rare at the time, there were tons of Rare based trophies that were scrapped.
Yep, that's a reasonable way to say what happened. But Nintendo COULD'VE bought Rare as well, didn't they? I guess it wasn't worth for them (for whatever weird reasons) to keep that company by paying that much money...

Can someone link the Project Ukulele music that has been released?
Nothing was released to the public yet. Only journalists have gotten some stuff that is embargoed till the Kickstarter starts. Just wait till next Friday, then you'll hear the first track, which was composed by Grant Kirkhope just in time for the Kickstarter :)

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, off-topic from Banjo, now that Conker's Big Reunion is out, how do you think it looks. I haven't played it myself, but it looks decent enough.
That Metal Gear reference though.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Speaking of music, just something a little Banjo related, I can think of some great songs from Banjo-Kazooie that would go great with certain levels/scenes in DKC2.

For example Rusty Bucket Bay would be great playing over the Gangplank Galleon levels.

Other BK songs for DKC2 would be:

Mad Monster Mansion for Gloomy Gulch
Grunty's Lair for the Crocodile Isle Map
Grunty's Furnace Fun for Swanky's Quizzes
Bubblegloop Swamp for Krem Quay
Zubba's Hive for the Zinger hive levels
Top of the lair during the cutscene with the Flyring Krock
Grunty's final battle for K.Rool boss battle
BK Credits for the Credits
The End for the secret ending scene
Game Over for (of course) the Game Over scene

Just something I came up for fun.

BTW, even though it won't happen in Project Ukulele, I would like to hear both Grant Kirkhope and David Wise doing mashups of both BK and DKC related songs, such as Lord Woo Fak Fak's theme mixed with Lockjaw's Saga. ;)

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Would you guys be opposed to the idea of Microsoft making a Rareware all-star fighter similar to Power Stone? This is an idea I proposed to them on Killer Instinct's forums. Banjo can be the main star of it, and they'd pull in many Rare franchises into it.
I dunno, the way I see it, everyone's had their turn at making an all-star fighting game and it's Microsoft's turn now. So what better way to go about it than by making a Rare all-star game that brings back everybody?
I have yet to see any company make a quality Smash knockoff so I would much rather see Banjo in the real thing where he belongs. I don't have anything against seeing a rare fighter too though.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to see any company make a quality Smash knockoff so I would much rather see Banjo in the real thing where he belongs. I don't have anything against seeing a rare fighter too though.
Yep, having him in Smash would be the best thing. But I have to admit that I think that Rare has enough star-power to make indeed their own fighting game. But if they do, it better be more of a rip off than something like PS All Stars. Killing your opponents only with final smashes isn't really... exciting.

Yes...what's it called? Do you know?
Not really... sounds like remotely related to the melodica, but I don't know exactly, sorry :/

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

I didn't say Smash knockoff, I specifically said Power Stone. Do you know what Power Stone is? It'd be a 3D fighting game so it wouldn't be anything like Smash.

Kids today, all they know about is Smash... have a look at this.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

Eh...even in terms of Rare, MS doesn't really have that much characters..unless they just bloat it up with numerous characters of the same franchise with no limit then yeah, I can see this being reasonable.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Eh...even in terms of Rare, MS doesn't really have that much characters..unless they just bloat it up with numerous characters of the same franchise with no limit then yeah, I can see this being reasonable.
What are you talking about? Rare alone has TONS of characters to work with.

Banjo-Kazooie
Mumbo Jumbo
Gruntilda
Conker
Kameo & Kalus (Kameo)
Leafos & Prof. Pester (Viva Pinat)
Juno & Vela (Jet Force Gemini)
Joanna Dark & Elvis (Perfect Dark)
Killer Instinct fighters (Fulgore, Orchid, Cinder... take your pick!!)
Battletoads (Rash/Pimple/Zitz)
Sabreman
Jetpac
Digger T. Rock
Monster Max
Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
Mr. Pants

Toss in Master Chief for good measure and you've got a completely solid roster of 25+ characters. They could even add in Steve from Minecraft, Voodoo Vince and and Blinx the Time Sweeper if they wanted just a few more Microsoft reps. Of course they're going to have multiple characters from the same franchise. Does Mario just have one character in Smash? No, he doesn't.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? Rare alone has TONS of characters to work with.

Banjo-Kazooie
Mumbo Jumbo
Gruntilda
Conker
Kameo & Kalus (Kameo)
Leafos & Prof. Pester (Viva Pinat)
Juno & Vela (Jet Force Gemini)
Joanna Dark & Elvis (Perfect Dark)
Killer Instinct fighters (Fulgore, Orchid, Cinder... take your pick!!)
Battletoads (Rash/Pimple/Zitz)
Sabreman
Jetpac
Digger T. Rock
Monster Max
Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
Mr. Pants

Toss in Master Chief for good measure and you've got a completely solid roster of 25+ characters. They could even add in Steve from Minecraft, Voodoo Vince and and Blinx the Time Sweeper if they wanted just a few more Microsoft reps. Of course they're going to have multiple characters from the same franchise. Does Mario just have one character in Smash? No, he doesn't.
You see, the problem with that is that isn't really a "Microsoft All-Star" game. Rare games haven't made much of a mark on Xbox systems yet to be considered as such, just because MS owns them doesn't mean they're associated with them completely. I can see Banjo & Conker being in this hypothetical game, given that they've made some mark on Xbox, but even some of these like Sabreman and Joanna Dark while having an Xbox game, didn't really leave much of an impact honestly, and if you take out the fact that they're made by Rare, they aren't too special to the Xbox Brand by any means.

I mean even with PSABR a lot of people complained that a lot of the characters didn't really have much starpower, especially in comparison to Smash Bros. So if conceptually your idea for this hypothetical Rareware "All-Star" game is to make it similar to Smash, it doesn't work. That would be like Nintendo suddenly acquiring Activision and seconds later makes an Activision All-Star fighting game, which is alright, but doesn't have much to do with Nintendo by association so that defeats the purpose. Also, I specifically said "numerous" characters, not "multiple" characters, aka I wasn't referring to just having two or three characters, but like 8 or 9 of them. That accusation is a strawman.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm still in camp "get Nintendo to buy back Banjo" so I never have to think about Rare or M$ again.

Sure I'll miss never having Conker, Jet Force Gemini, or any of their other IPs again, but Banjo is the one that's most worth it.

PsychoJosh

You see, the problem with that is that isn't really a "Microsoft All-Star" game. Rare games haven't made much of a mark on Xbox systems yet to be considered as such, just because MS owns them doesn't mean they're associated with them completely. I can see Banjo & Conker being in this hypothetical game, given that they've made some mark on Xbox, but even some of these like Sabreman and Joanna Dark while having an Xbox game, didn't really leave much of an impact honestly, and if you take out the fact that they're made by Rare, they aren't too special to the Xbox Brand by any means.
I never said it had to be a Microsoft all-star game, I've been pushing the idea of it being a Rareware all-star game with a few Microsoft characters. All the rest of your criticisms are moot and irrelevant. If not having a game on Xbox excludes them from being in the game then you could apply that logic to Smash and take out all the characters who haven't had a game in decades, like Duck Hunt, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, hell, even Captain Falcon and Fox, who are quickly approaching ten years without a new game. The game is supposed to be Rare fanservice so it shouldn't matter how long it's been since they last had a game since they're going all the way back to their ZX Spectrum days.

I mean even with PSABR a lot of people complained that a lot of the characters didn't really have much starpower, especially in comparison to Smash Bros. So if conceptually your idea for this hypothetical Rareware "All-Star" game is to make it similar to Smash, it doesn't work.
I've had two posts now where I said VERY CLEARLY that I don't want it to be like Smash, I want it to be like Power Stone. Do you know how to read?

Also, I specifically said "numerous" characters, not "multiple" characters, aka I wasn't referring to just having two or three characters, but like 8 or 9 of them. That accusation is a strawman.
I haven't got the slightest clue what you're even trying to say here. "Numerous" is a synonym for "multiple", Rare has lots of viable characters as I demonstrated above when I listed them.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I never said it had to be a Microsoft all-star game, I've been pushing the idea of it being a Rareware all-star game with a few Microsoft characters. All the rest of your criticisms are moot and irrelevant. If not having a game on Xbox excludes them from being in the game then you could apply that logic to Smash and take out all the characters who haven't had a game in decades, like Duck Hunt, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, hell, even Captain Falcon and Fox, who are quickly approaching ten years without a new game. The game is supposed to be Rare fanservice so it shouldn't matter how long it's been since they last had a game since they're going all the way back to their ZX Spectrum days.
You said, and I quote:
This is where you made this idea of yours analogous to Smash Bros. and being a "Microsoft All-Star game". If that's not what you meant, then disregard this and just treat my points as my "thoughts" on this idea. As for your point about Power Stone, seems like you're the one who's either not read your post or didn't think them out that well because your only comparisons to Power Stone you've made in this thread were purely gameplay related and not conceptual.

And you didn't get my point about association. This isn't about whether characters have games or not or how long they've had games, etc. it's not that black and white. It's just that when you hear Joanna Dark, Sabreman, Mr. Pants, etc. you don't think Microsoft or Xbox, no you think about the ones on Nintendo system because those were the ones that stood out in the franchise. Duck Hunt, ROB, etc. while they haven't had a game per se, are associated heavily with Nintendo, and are "retro" which is their own special connection to Nintendo. And they are still relevant to Nintendo because they are iconic to the company's image.
(Also Mr. Game & Watch has the recent Game & Watch Gallery games and Fox has a new Starfox game coming out so there's that).
I haven't got the slightest clue what you're even trying to say here. "Numerous" is a synonym for "multiple", Rare has lots of viable characters as I demonstrated above when I listed them.
No, "multiple" means more than one whereas numerous gives the idea of having a significant, or large number of something. Or at least that's what it's supposed to mean in this context. If you still disagree, then fine, that's what I meant to convey despite my choice of words, let's leave it at that.

Top Bottom