• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We ended up on the second page? Unacceptable!

The Grey Jinjo House is shrinking. Maybe it'll end up looking like it actually did in Tooie...

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
We got a new results based on reddit/Smashboards tallying... We in the lead right now!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Lol at the Banjo Kazooie reference at the end of this video:

Oh my god...

Lucas comes out of your mother
:lol:

Since we're at it, let's start a...

Banjo-Moovie-Marathon!

Since the Banjo-Kazooie games are already of a comedic nature, let's collect entertaining & hilarious videos about our beloved duo in here! They can be tributes, compilations, weird mlg-clips or just hilarious Let's Play moments! Just add a little description & copy your YouTube- or whatever-links into the media tab!

I'll start of with a series of clips I really started to love as of late: The "Full Play"-Let's Play series of the Banjo-Tooie XBLA version by Michael from the YouTube channel Let's Play (imaginative, isn't it?)!

Despite the ordinary name, this playthrough seriously isn't really that innocent. Much rather, Michael is raging through my most favorite game in a way that always get's me laughing. I don't know about you, but I like how his passive-agressive attitude spices up the gameplay footage... although he never stops talking. For me, his commentary & reactions are comedy-gold.

I think he played through the whole game, but I'll just post the first & my favorite part so far:

(Love his rage in the beginning and especially the last minute of this part)
What hilarious things did YOU find in the world wide web?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just what we needed, more terrible Banjo Kazooie gijinkas. As if the fans couldn't get any more "creative" with their fanart. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yep, you win so hard since the concept behind this is even more ridiculous and it at least resembles the characters unlike the one I've shared.
It all makes sense now, Kazooie is the reason I like tsunderes.

And Banjo as the clueless male protagonist. Rare was ahead of their time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Human anime versions of cartoon animals are some of the stupidest, yet hilarious things on the planet. Kazooie as a tsundre is perfect.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ugh, agreed... Kazooie was too much of a belligerent A-hole to Banjo (and everyone else) for me to think of them having a sibling/romantic relationship. A relationship like the picture shows would just be way too out of character for her. Come to think of it, they never really did explain how Banjo and Kazooie met...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Kazooie was never that bad to Banjo... hell, if you tried to leave an area without her she would get all soft and ask Banjo not to go.

...Think of them as more of a bickering couple. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kazooie was never that bad to Banjo... hell, if you tried to leave an area without her she would get all soft and ask Banjo not to go.

...Think of them as more of a bickering couple. :troll:
Brb now writing a fanfiction on the two and their many "romantic" arguments. :troll:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Strange, I thought I posted here. Anyway...

I support Banjo & Kazooie! They are among my most wanted 3rd party characters!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I always felt like she was more tsudere towards Bottles than Banjo, honestly. As a kid, I always figured that they'd highly imply a romantic relationship in the future games until they revealed Bottles had a wife and kids in Tooie. Off topic but I also find it hilarious that Tootie (Banjo's sister) kind of just fell off the face of the Earth following Banjo Kazooie and nobody ever brought it up again.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Brb now writing a fanfiction on the two and their many "romantic" arguments. :troll:
"I-it's not like I'm carrying you up this hill because I like you or anything! We just need to beat that witch! Yeah..."
Strange, I thought I posted here. Anyway...

I support Banjo & Kazooie! They are among my most wanted 3rd party characters!
Don't forget to pick a Jinjo House! We're trying to empty out the Grey one, not add more to it.
I always felt like she was more tsudere towards Bottles than Banjo, honestly. As a kid, I always figured that they'd highly imply a romantic relationship in the future games until they revealed Bottles had a wife and kids in Tooie. Off topic but I also find it hilarious that Tootie (Banjo's sister) kind of just fell off the face of the Earth following Banjo Kazooie and nobody ever brought it up again.
Who's Tootie?

:troll:

I thought Kazooie was just outright rude to Bottles. Never does Kazooie call Banjo a name, he's the only one too.

Shog

Smash Ace
Ugh, agreed... Kazooie was too much of a belligerent A-hole to Banjo (and everyone else) for me to think of them having a sibling/romantic relationship. A relationship like the picture shows would just be way too out of character for her. Come to think of it, they never really did explain how Banjo and Kazooie met...
Agreed, atleast the artist could try to make these human mutants of animals atleast resemble their personality somewhat...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
They are more like best friends than anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been together since they were small.

Tbh I have a whole plot laid out for the third game, levels, characters, unlockables, and secrets all tucked away in my brain. If banjo Threeie doesn't happen before I learn to design games one day, my goal would be to make it come to fruition.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We got a new results based on reddit/Smashboards tallying... We in the lead right now!

This is such good news! And if a new Banjo-Kazooie game is indeed coming, I think that actually helps the chances of them being in Smash more than anything, because at least the IP will be relevant in the gaming world (though that didn't stop some Smash characters from joining the fray...).
Regardless of who 'owns' the IP, if Xbox has an exclusive Banjo-Kazooie game, and Smash Bros. has Banjo & Kazooie, then they will both be advertising for each other, so it's not like Microsoft would clearly have an advantage.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Don't forget to pick a Jinjo House! We're trying to empty out the Grey one, not add more to it.
Empty? Don't you mean "Drive a giant drill machine thing through it?"

Off topic but I also find it hilarious that Tootie (Banjo's sister) kind of just fell off the face of the Earth following Banjo Kazooie and nobody ever brought it up again.

Or did you mean verbally?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, Grunty's revenge does provide a bit of backstory on the pair.. though not much.

"According to Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Kazooie was originally discovered by Banjo on Breegull Beach inside the blue backpack one day. For whatever reason, the two became friends at some point after that and Kazooie lived an annoyingly-quiet life with Banjo and his sister Tooty for an unknown period of time."

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Oh yeah did anybody here every see The Lord who fak fak Easter egg about banjos father?

I wonder to this day what it meant.
I always thought it was just a sort of metaphor by Lord Woo Fak Fak to demonstrate to Banjo that he's his elder.

RedMacaw95

Smash Rookie
It would be cool to see if someone already had made the Kirby's copy ability on Banjo Kazooie.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If you want to talk about weird conspiracies, King Jingaling knows all of the bosses as he talks about them in zombie form.

But come on, this is Rare. "Hey, this is a family game!"

Besides, we all know the real mystery...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heh. Anyways, I have prepared another Campaign card. This one being for our Bear and Bird.

edit: Ok fixed it XD

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
If you want to talk about weird conspiracies, King Jingaling knows all of the bosses as he talks about them in zombie form.

But come on, this is Rare. "Hey, this is a family game!"

Besides, we all know the real mystery...

And on the topic of King Jingaling, Grunty refers to him as a "traitor". Worst part is this is mentioned only once and seemingly out of nowhere.
(But I guess in a sense that would explain how he knows about the bosses, as the bosses are presumably under Grunty's control so if King Jingaling was under Grunty for a while he'd know)

Last edited:
Top Bottom