• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

What do you all think for this little guy making it into the next smash game?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Very interesting find..

Say, is it possible we could see more placeholders added in the future? As I would still stay it is still too early to say how much they plan on adding... for all we know those placeholders could be just for DLC coming pre-ballot.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nice find. I'm pretty sure those Mario slots are placeholders. People would be up in arms otherwise. :laugh:

So, 5 characters are planned to shown by E3, I suppose?

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When Bandana Dee makes it into Smash, he could be Fire Emblem DLC.

He has a spear!
His DLC trailer could be him fighting off and beating the Fire Emblem characters, who are mostly swordfighters. It would make sense too, as lances/spears beat swords in FE. :laugh:

Maikou

Smash Ace
but...but. there is already spear in the triangle
but all the better for Bandana Dee because if you look in smash bros there are no axe wielders so it is some what true
The joke is from the Frederick and Anna's extreme overpoweredness in the beginning of the game, at least on Normal and maybe Hard difficulties. Anna can dodge everything and Frederick can't be scratched; It's got nothing to do with which weapon the enemy's waving around, or even what weapon THEY'RE waving around. The weapons triangle straight up means NOTHING to them.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Nice find. I'm pretty sure those Mario slots are placeholders. People would be up in arms otherwise. :laugh:

So, 5 characters are planned to shown by E3, I suppose?

Incredibly unlikely. 3 seems to be the E3 norm.

Of course, we don't need Lucas seen again, so that'd cover 3 out of the 4 remaining slots. Roy, Wolf and Ryu would be my safe choices on the subject, and one for down the line, either as the ballot choice or one before the ballot ends in a Direct.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
The joke is from the Frederick and Anna's extreme overpoweredness in the beginning of the game, at least on Normal and maybe Hard difficulties. Anna can dodge everything and Frederick can't be scratched; It's got nothing to do with which weapon the enemy's waving around, or even what weapon THEY'RE waving around. The weapons triangle straight up means NOTHING to them.
I know I read Bitf sad it got discontinued but I know

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Of course, we don't need Lucas seen again, so that'd cover 3 out of the 4 remaining slots. Roy, Wolf and Ryu would be my safe choices on the subject, and one for down the line, either as the ballot choice or one before the ballot ends in a Direct.
Well. it's E3, so maybe. :p

Though we probably will have 5 characters separate from the ballot, in that case.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

What do you all think for this little guy making it into the next smash game?
I always thought that Marx could use a moveset that would be a fusion of the ability Circus and Mirror
His Final Smash could be he making a wish to Nova and making his Ear ****** scream :awesome:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I always thought that Marx could use a moveset that would be a fusion of the ability Circus and Mirror
His Final Smash could be he making a wish to Nova and making his Ear ****** scream :awesome:
oh ya Marx Soul from KSSU I some how found it satisfying and I don't mean to be a kind of sadist. but you know the feeling. The scream I mean

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Funny how you mention it. :)

But ehh. Marx?
I'd rather have the legacy of the "Bosses that are Soul-less first and then gain a Soul" incorporated in Magolor as a character.

Speaking about him, we should push him to the top of the RTC-nominations list so we can have more Kirby-talk.

D

Deleted member

Dee has 3 letters. E3 has a 3. Bandana Waddle Dee confirmed.
The Ryu/Roy leak is pretty much confirmed. N64 Dreamland music was in the datamined information. Dreamland has the word dream in it. Its my dream for Bandana Dee to be a playable character. Bandana Dee confirmed.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

What is interesting is that after you download Mewtwo, there is space for three characters more on the 3Ds roster. But the Wii U roster only has space for one character after downloading Mewtwo. This may mean that slots will have nothing to do with how many characters we get.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The Ryu/Roy leak is pretty much confirmed. N64 Dreamland music was in the datamined information. Dreamland has the word dream in it. Its my dream for Bandana Dee to be a playable character. Bandana Dee confirmed.
Wait.... E3 has a 3 in it. E is the last letter in Life. Bandana dee's skin is an orange-ish red color.. The half life symbol is orange.

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

What is interesting is that after you download Mewtwo, there is space for three characters more on the 3Ds roster. But the Wii U roster only has space for one character after downloading Mewtwo. This may mean that slots will have nothing to do with how many characters we get.
The same might even be the case with the mario placeholders found in the game's data right now. There could be more later on

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So do people speculate that there will be 3 fighters to be revealed at e3 (two of them being Roy and Ryu), a possible third, and than several new stages (as a pack possibly)?

I mean that's cool I suppose but it seems like Nintendo has a DLC pattern with their DLC history. DLC is usually themed and pretty plentiful. MK8 you get animal crossing drivers, karts, and new track. There's also Zelda themed DLC.

Will Smash DLC be sold the same way by franchise packs? Will we just get a Dreamland 64 stage but nothing else for Kirby? Will Ryu actually be part of a DLC pack that includes his character and stage?

Than again it seems like maybe Mew-two and Lucas will be sold soon with really nothing. I think they will be sold together

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember the green and yellow arrows data mined from the 3DS version? The Wii U version will be cramped for space after Lucas's release since no more slots will be left on the custom CSS without a major downsize, and I already have a hard time reading "Zero Suit Samus" and "Wii Fit Trainer". The DLC will likely be added to the roster next to Mewtwo, and the rest of the roster that is forced to the right (including DLC characters) will be found by scrolling over using the yellow arrow, and to go back to the left you would use the green arrow. Also, the 1% chance that Bandana Dee will make it in as pre-planned DLC thanks to the 2 extra Mario placeholders and the Dreamland stage hypes me, even if I know that stages don't confirm characters.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So do people speculate that there will be 3 fighters to be revealed at e3 (two of them being Roy and Ryu), a possible third, and than several new stages (as a pack possibly)?

I mean that's cool I suppose but it seems like Nintendo has a DLC pattern with their DLC history. DLC is usually themed and pretty plentiful. MK8 you get animal crossing drivers, karts, and new track. There's also Zelda themed DLC.

Will Smash DLC be sold the same way by franchise packs? Will we just get a Dreamland 64 stage but nothing else for Kirby? Will Ryu actually be part of a DLC pack that includes his character and stage?

Than again it seems like maybe Mew-two and Lucas will be sold soon with really nothing. I think they will be sold together
Hard to say. I doubt the veterans will be packed that way. After all, Mewtwo didn't come with anything did it? or am I mistaken?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hard to say. I doubt the veterans will be packed that way. After all, Mewtwo didn't come with anything did it? or am I mistaken?
No I guess not. Meaning that Dreamland Stage could just be included with whatever else or sold stand alone.

It's not very encouraging in terms of implicating BDee as a possible fighter at all... but it's still nice to get more Kirby anything, I suppose. :/ Though it's not really new either -_-

Last edited:
Top Bottom