• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
A Waddle Doo would probably make a terrible archer because of the "only having one eye" thing.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Can't imagine Waddle Doos have great depth perception.

Anyways it was mentioned in this thread earlier about a potential crossover with Kirby, and as @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin already mentioned in a private discussion with me, no other Nintendo series (besides Donkey Kong or Yoshi of course) mixes as well with the Mario IP than Kirby does. If you took all the worlds, characters, and enemies of these two IPs and threw them into a single game it wouldn't look terribly out of place.

Contrast with Mario and Zelda crossover where the two are so incredibly different. In fact I don't think Zelda could crossover with many other IPs (not including Dynasty Warriors with this) other than say Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, or Kid Icarus. You could MAYBE work in a Mario+Zelda crossover if the Zelda side was cell shaded Wind Waker style.

Mario and Pokemon I ...might see work. It would feel a bit forced maybe, but no one would care about that because of the shear amount of hype manifest from a Mario and Pokemon crossover. Logically though it just doesn't work as well.

Contrast Mario and Kirby characters and they could realistically be in the same universe with the Mushroom Kingdom and Dreamland being two different worlds. Heck you could probably throw in a Warpstar in a Super Mario Galaxy level that whisks away Mario to Dreamland and it wouldn't feel terribly out of place. Combine Mario's more frantic and strategic platforming with Kirby's emphasis on adventure and exploration and you got a great 2D platforming adventure. Between Mario's ability to collect power-ups and Kirby being able to gain power ups from enemies, it opens up numerous ways to overcome bosses and challenges. Not to mention, even if you only take enemies from only one game of each series (Super Mario Bros. and Kirby's Dreamland to be specific) already gives you a wealth of content if you ignore the rest of their large franchises.

Go beyond Mario and Kirby and introduce characters like Luigi, Meta Knight, Peach, Adeliene, Yoshi, Bandana Dee, Bowser, King Dedede and you already have a wealth of characters to choose from. Then you can have Bowser and Dedede be the Trouble Kings of an adventure game and not just in Smash. And of course, Kirby and Mario both have a wealth of other, more sinister villains (most notably Dark Matter) if you'd rather have Bowser and Dedede be more than just antagonists.

New Super Mario Kirby Bros.'s Return to Dreamland for Wii U.

and Knuckles

Tell me you couldn't see that working?

How would the worlds crossover? Easy, just use warp pipes or bring in the space wizard. Job done. This is Mario and Kirby, there's no need for logic.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
If one of my friends saw a Waddle Doo (no, she's not a gamer), she'd immediately think 'illuminati confirmed'. XD

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
But there's one question that remains unanswered: Goomba vs. Waddle Dee. Who would win?
I'm not sure. Goomba has those teeth, though, but they would rather run into enemies because **** logic.
Edit:Whoops. Double post.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
But there's one question that remains unanswered: Goomba vs. Waddle Dee. Who would win?
That depends on the placement. Unlike Goombas, Waddle Dees tend to waddle right off of platforms. If a Dee happens to waddle off a platform and land a Goomba, it would defeat the Goomba.

My memory fails me. Do Goombas also wander off of platforms?

Even so, you can't beat a Waddle Dee by jumping on them. Unlike Goombas, as that is their main way of being defeated.

Now you could -dive- onto a Waddle Dee and kill it, but a regular jump won't work.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That depends on the placement. Unlike Goombas, Waddle Dees tend to waddle right off of platforms. If a Dee happens to waddle off a platform and land a Goomba, it would defeat the Goomba.

My memory fails me. Do Goombas also wander off of platforms?

Even so, you can't beat a Waddle Dee by jumping on them. Unlike Goombas, as that is their main way of being defeated.

Now you could -dive- onto a Waddle Dee and kill it, but a regular jump won't work.
Yes, Goombas do walk off of platforms. They also skip to music that they have no possible way of hearing. Goombas like to charge right at whatever they're attacking, so if a Waddle Dee can take being bumped into, then it would essentially boil down to "how long will this go on before either the Waddle Dee gets bored and walks away or the Goomba tires itself out?"

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I think his name was @SmashJC. Some characters he wanted included, Billy Hatcher, that red Angry Bird, and Irwin from Pac-Man World 3 (Which is considered the worst game in its franchise).
SmashJC? Are you, by any chance, the idiot of whom we speak?

I loved Pac-Man World 3.
This reminds me:
Did you know that Jigglypuff's sleep cap is actually just Sleep Kirby's cap, re colored green and white?
I had this perfect image for this, but I wasn't able to find it. Enjoy this picture for ever now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
SmashJC? Are you, by any chance, the idiot of whom we speak?

I loved Pac-Man World 3.

I had this perfect image for this, but I wasn't able to find it. Enjoy this picture for ever now.
Whoa, sorry, I was just saying it was considered the worst. I didn't even know that you had affection for it. I've never even played it. I didn't even know who the main villian was. I've only played the first a long time ago. In fact, I found most of these critisims on Metacritc. And from the footage I've seen the game looks, less than appealing.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Whoa, sorry, I was just saying it was considered the worst. I didn't even know that you had affection for it. I've never even played it. I didn't even know who the main villian was. I've only played the first a long time ago. In fact, I found most of these critisims on Metacritc. And from the footage I've seen the game looks, less than appealing.
It's OK. No hard feelings, just stating I like that game (as well as 1 and 2).

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Just came to the Bandana Dee thread directly from the Wolf one to say: congratulations for your nice fanbase.
I've never thought that little character would get a lot of supporters.
Sadly myself had to vote - - on Bandana Dee on M.P.'s game because I couldn't cast more than 1 upvote at once, and Wolf was my obvious selection.
But anyway thanks for reading and see you again Bandana fans~

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just came to the Bandana Dee thread directly from the Wolf one to say: congratulations for your nice fanbase.
Hey, thanks for coming over to say that. :) That's incredibly nice of you.

Here's hoping we all get to see the characters we love as DLC!

Furret24

Smash Master
Well guys, the ballot ends in 16 days. I must say, it's almost sad to see this day come. These last few months have been great here, and it's coming to an end soon, as this thread will likely be locked soon after the ballot ends.

If we don't end up getting Bandana Dee, I hope to see you guys elsewhere.

On a brighter note, you guys wanna start a countdown to then? Maybe have a theme to each day left?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well guys, the ballot ends in 16 days. I must say, it's almost sad to see this day come. These last few months have been great here, and it's coming to an end soon, as this thread will likely be locked soon after the ballot ends.

I was just thinking along similar lines after seeing such expressed in the Daisy support thread, too.

I just want to say, most sincerely, that I've had a great time hanging out here with all of you guys. It's been, and continues to be, a lot of fun.

Even if we don't get Bandana Waddle Dee as DLC, I hope we can all stick together somehow.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
If BWD isn't in Smash, we'll still be on Miiverse. And if he is in the games as DLC, there will be a main BWD thread! So we'll all still be in the same area!

But seriously, I doubt Bandana Dee's exclusion at this point, especially since they may already be deciding on characters to add. (I still think Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac, and BWD makes the most sense and I think it will be that way.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

On a brighter note, you guys wanna start a countdown to then? Maybe have a theme to each day left?
How about we add some music to that countdown? Personally, in honor of B.D., I would use:
And, then when we're about, I don't know.....two weeks(?) away from the Smash Ballot DLC being added, we can use THIS song:
And then....about...5 days to the end, THIS.........:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The Megaton Punch theme has been posted here multiple times recently for good reason.
Anyway, if BDee gets in Smash and he brings music with him, what three songs (remixed or original) would you like to see come with him. I would choose:
Masked Dedede (preferably the Triple Deluxe version).
Either of the Magolor themes (CROWNED or UMC).
Candy Constellation, even though it's completely unrelated to BDee.*

*Preferably the Rainbow Curse version.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ smashkirby smashkirby - And then, when all's said and done, win or lose, this one, for the end.

Anyway, if BDee gets in Smash and he brings music with him, what three songs (remixed or original) would you like to see come with him.
A remix of Kirby Triple Deluxe's title theme, mainly. I strongly associate the tune with him because of his frequent appearances throughout the game. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I was just thinking along similar lines after seeing such expressed in the Daisy support thread, too.

I just want to say, most sincerely, that I've had a great time hanging out here with all of you guys. It's been, and continues to be, a lot of fun.

Even if we don't get Bandana Waddle Dee as DLC, I hope we can all stick together somehow.

I'm....REALLY going to miss every one of you...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:....Yes, EVEN the Dee-tractors. It's been a very amazing ride, from supporting B.D. from the beginning before Smash 4 came out, to deconfirming him as part of the base roster, to realizing Smash DLC would be a thing for the first time in Smash Bros. history up to now. Thank you....ALL of you.:shades:

If BWD isn't in Smash, we'll still be on Miiverse. And if he is in the games as DLC, there will be a main BWD thread! So we'll all still be in the same area!

But seriously, I doubt Bandana Dee's exclusion at this point, especially since they may already be deciding on characters to add. (I still think Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac, and BWD makes the most sense and I think it will be that way.)
You...you honestly have NO idea how right I hope you are right now.

The Megaton Punch theme has been posted here multiple times recently for good reason.
Anyway, if BDee gets in Smash and he brings music with him, what three songs (remixed or original) would you like to see come with him. I would choose:
Masked Dedede (preferably the Triple Deluxe version).
Either of the Magolor themes (CROWNED or UMC).
Candy Constellation, even though it's completely unrelated to BDee.*

*Preferably the Rainbow Curse version.
I'm hoping for:
Megaton Punch remix,
Rock Star
Checker Knights

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Goomba has psychokinesis.
everytime you quote me i know you're going to say some sort of clever comment.

if bandana dee doesn't make it i hope we can continue talking in that social group Reserved made a long time ago.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I will add a countdown to the title of the thread, maybe.
if bandana dee doesn't make it i hope we can continue talking in that social group Reserved made a long time ago.
I'm the one who made the social group, but yeah, you can post there if BD is not DLC.

D

Deleted member

(emotional music)

The day smash 4 Speculation ends will be a sad day for me.

It was the reason i wanted to join these boards and once it's all over, im going to most likely dissapear. Im not the most social person here, and once this ends i will look for something else to do.

However, when speculation of the next Smash game arrives i may be there, and i will tell stories of all the people i met during my journey. Chronobound, BKupa, Swampasaur, Chandelure, GoldenYuiitusin and so on and so on. I will talk about how once upon a time Robin and Duck Hunt were seen as no-hopers and yet they joined the roster line up while "Shoo-ins" like Chrom and Chorus Kids were excluded.

However, by the time the next Smash game is announced, i will most likely moved on in my life as a lonely, busy man. Despite that, i will never forget those times in which i joined to talk about my dreampicks.

I wish i could have joined sooner to these boards, that way i could have seen how speculation changed. Speculation may have been chaotic, but it still was fun for me at least, even if i only joined this crazy ride literally the last 3 months before the ballot ends.

If Bandanna Dee/Isaac/K.Rool/Paper Mario/Wolf don't make it in, it wouldn't be the first time a character i wanted doesn't make it in (Waluigi, Ridley and Takamaru come to mind). Only 4 characters that i wanted have made it in so far (:4megaman::4littlemac::4mewtwo::4feroy:)

and the hype i had for Mewtwo and Mega Man was a whole different level. (even if Mewtwo is a terrible character for Competitive play and Mega Man is still most likely not going to get a new game for at least a few years)

I joined speculation to have fun while i waited for Smash 4 and it's DLC and i can safely say that i had fun doing so. Thanks guys.

If i ever come back to speculate once the next Smash game is announced, i hope to see you again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
well 16 days to go Bandana Dee thread all I have to say is this

DONT STOP, DONT STOP!
WE'RE IN LUCK NOW !
DONTT STOP, KEEP YOUR SPRITS UP!
AND RIDE UP ON THE WIND!
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
DONT STOP, DONT STOP!
WE'RE IN LUCK NOW !
DONT STOP THERE'S SO MUCH TO BE FOUND
IF WE FIND PARADISE, ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GO GO FREE THE SOUL
DRAGON SOOOOOOOOOOUL!

P.S If you know the reference well good for you you get a cookie.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
well 16 days to go Bandana Dee thread all I have to say is this

DONT STOP, DONT STOP!
WE'RE IN LUCK NOW !
DONTT STOP, KEEP YOUR SPRITS UP!
AND RIDE UP ON THE WIND!
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
DONT STOP, DONT STOP!
WE'RE IN LUCK NOW !
DONT STOP THERE'S SO MUCH TO BE FOUND
IF WE FIND PARADISE, ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GO GO FREE THE SOUL
DRAGON SOOOOOOOOOOUL!

P.S If you know the reference well good for you you get a cookie.
:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
NO actually if fits IMO
I was just thinking of making a bandana dee parody of DRAGON SOUL too
Wait, so you do think either one would fit? Also......some of you may remember that earlier @Shadow Keebey asked what songs do we want in Smash 4 to be added with B.D., right? Well...change my choice of Rock Star (K64) to THIS:
My goodness....:cry::cry::cry::crying::crying::crying::crying::cry::cry::cry::crying::crying::crying::crying:.......It's beautiful.....and the first 15 secs. of this song.........GLORIOUS...............:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:WHY IS THIS NOT A FINAL BOSS THEME?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Now that we're approaching the end, I just wanna say that I had blast in this thread.
Even though I didn't post frequently, it was fun reading all your posts, it always managed to put a smile on my face, especially when college as a pain.
You all made me look at Bandana Dee,and the Kirby series in general, in a new manner. Even if *knocks on wood* Bandana Dee does not make it in Smash as DLC (or DeeLC if you will) I'll still remember the good times I had on here. Hope too see you all again.

KEEP ON VOTING :)

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Recently, I have been drawing Kirbys better than I used to. It may be due to the fact that I'm making them larger, or using 'open mouth' art, or the fact that I'm getting better at his limbs (i.e. they are more correctly proportioned). What I am bad at drawing, is limbs. I tried MK and he turned into AniMeta Knight. I also tried my first Waddle Dee. Better than MK, but still not great.

Top Bottom