• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Alright, I want MK, Zero/zero two, GK, Bdee, Magolor, Adeleine and Ribbon. =3= please Nintendo, make them for real!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm pretty sure the only possible Kirby character who isn't Bandana Dee is Magolor, but if you are talking about the Kirby characters that you want and that aren't Bandana Dee, well, I want... Magolor.
Don't forget about Escargoon. Speaking of which, they need to release episodes 86 and 88 of Kirby right back at ya now!

Alright, I want MK, Zero/zero two, GK, Bdee, Magolor, Adeleine and Ribbon. =3= please Nintendo, make them for real!
Where's Escargoon?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I... dislike Escargoon.

:4dedede:: YO Waddle Dee! You made Escargoon cry like a baby, and for that I'm gonna give you the Snail smasher medal, its an award given to those who bring harm to Escargoon. Now keep up the good work and next time poke him with ya spear.
(Dedede wears a medal shaped like Escargoon's head sometimes, this is my best guess what its for.)

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
No, it's OK, don't edit it.
Yeah, Waddle Dee has a lot of haters, but that doesn't matter because he also has a lot of supporters, we need to continue with the support.
I'm sure that if BD is DLC, everybody will love him and want him again for the next game, because the Smash fanbase is... weird.
I still remember the Wii Fit Trainer hate, or even more ironic, the Wolf hate in Brawl because he wasn't Krystal, now he is the most wanted character, lol.
If I don't want a character in the game doesn't mean I won't like its play style and grow to like the character because of that.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I already begged for this once but I'll do it again, I apologize in advance.

Could we please NOT make anything relating to how deetractors are salty and/or making fun of their salt? One, it's rude, two, we have no right to make fun of their emotions, three, it gives us a bad image, and four, I'd like for us to remain being seen as and being one of the friendlier sub communities on Smashboards, even when our character is in the game. Honestly we, as a community, are one of the better ones here, so we shouldn't stoop to such a low level, and besides, the whole salt thing? That's how you generate the real haters anyways, I still can't forgive a part of a certain fanbase (Admittedly, this is partly because I'm childish and can't let go of my emotions) because of that, you know, maybe, just maybe, if they weren't so asinine to others when they got in and didn't throw around derogatory insults, I wouldn't have had any more reasons to hate them and would have had a easier time forgiving them for what they did before that.

Just because of a fear I have of any of us making it, can I call dibs on the "Did you think Bandana Dee would make it in thread?" just to make sure it doesn't become inflammatory towards those who didn't want Bandana Dee or actively opposed us? That would make me feel much better about this.

Both Edits: Grammar

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm certain we will get a new Kirby rep. Sakurai is well aware of the fact that the fanbase is voting for BD, Magolor, Adeliene, etc., and I'm sure that can't be ignored forever. Plus, we've gotten a newcomer for every series in this game except for Star Fox, Metroid, and Kirby. You really think those series' are going to go unnoticed? I don't. I'm absolutely sure that BD will get in. I have no doubts abymore!

But please Sakurai bring back my Ice Climbers.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I... dislike Escargoon.
Why? He's partially what the anime bearable.
If we're still on the subject of Kirby characters that aren't Bandanna Dee, I don't think anybody else besides Knuckle Joe and Magolor have a chance. Maybe if Galactica Knight got a more important role...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Who is that between Taranza and Ribbon?
That's Grill from the Japan-only Kirby's Super Star Stacker, she somehow managed to get a ton of popularity despite have a minor boss role in one game.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Who is that between Taranza and Ribbon?
Character is called Grill. She was the final boss of the Japan exclusive Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu (Kirby's Super Star Stacker, a remake of Kirby Star Stacker with added features).

Edit: my first Ninja'd

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm fairly certain that out of all of the main voted for characters, BDee is the only one with a game that has been released so far this year (I'm not 100% on this so if I'm wrong, whoops).
If we're only counting new releases, yes, I'm pretty sure that you're right, and with Star Fox Zero now delayed into 2016, he might end up being the only one. If we're counting Virtual Console releases as well, then all of them have, as far as I know.

Don't forget about Escargoon. Speaking of which, they need to release episodes 86 and 88 of Kirby right back at ya now!

Where's Escargoon?
He's a side-character from the anime, which was always officially stated to be a non-canon alternate universe. In other words, he's not a canonical Kirby character and simply doesn't exist, and never did, as far as the games, which are canon, are concerned.

I already begged for this once but I'll do it again, I apologize in advance.

Could we please NOT make anything relating to how deetractors are salty and/or making fun of their salt? One, it's rude, two, we have no right to make fun of their emotions, three, it gives us a bad image, and four, I'd like for us to remain being seen as and being one of the friendlier sub communities on Smashboards, even when our character is in the game. Honestly we, as a community, are one of the better ones here, so we shouldn't stoop to such a low level, and besides, the whole salt thing? That's how you generate the real haters anyways, I still can't forgive a part of a certain fanbase (Admittedly, this is partly because I'm childish and can't let go of my emotions) because of that, you know, maybe, just maybe, if they weren't so asinine to others when they got in and didn't throw around derogatory insults, I wouldn't have had any more reasons to hate them and would have had a easier time forgiving them for what they did before that.

Just because of a fear I have of any of us making it, can I call dibs on the "Did you think Bandana Dee would make it in thread?" just to make sure it doesn't become inflammatory towards those who didn't want Bandana Dee or actively opposed us? That would make me feel much better about this.

Both Edits: Grammar
Everybody, please listen to @ Zerp Zerp , here. Thanks.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
He's a side-character from the anime, which was always officially stated to be a non-canon alternate universe. In other words, he's not a canonical Kirby character and simply doesn't exist, and never did, as far as the games, which are canon, are concerned.
If I'm not mistaken, he cameos in Mass Attack, along with Rick, Kine, Coo and the customer service guy from eNeME.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
inb4 Sakurai looks at the votes and sees K. Rool and Bandana Dee, makes the assumption that people just want a Villian and a Kirby Character and adds Kracko Jr.
; _;
I jest, I jest. Sakurai's nicer than that :4pacman:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
inb4 Sakurai looks at the votes and sees K. Rool and Bandana Dee, makes the assumption that people just want a Villian and a Kirby Character and adds Kracko Jr.
; _;
I jest, I jest. Sakurai's nicer than that :4pacman:
But Bandana Dee is a villian (more an anti-hero, but still.)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Dedede is considered a villain, then Bandana Dee should be considered one too. But yes, both are more anti-heroes than villains.
Is Bandana Dee really an anti-hero
I mean, he may work for Dedede, but the worst he's ever done is walk in Kirby's general direction in an attempt to actually do something (And we all know how that turned out)
Unless you count breaking Pop Star in half "Evil"
Then yeah, he's definitely a bad guy.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
If Dedede is considered a villain, then Bandana Dee should be considered one too. But yes, both are more anti-heroes than villains.
If Bandana Dee was an anti-hero, do you really think he'd be helping Kirby as much as he's doing now? Personally, I think he's a hero. Dedede never was a true villain. Sure he's taken actions that make him seem like one, but in Revenge of the King, he says that the battle with Kirby will end their grudge. After that, do you really see Dedede doing anything evil or rude? He's just going about his life. Sure he may not like Kirby, but he doesn't HATE him. BD on the other hand is loyal to both Dedede and Kirby. #Polydeeism. ^•^

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Why? He's partially what the anime bearable.
If we're still on the subject of Kirby characters that aren't Bandanna Dee, I don't think anybody else besides Knuckle Joe and Magolor have a chance. Maybe if Galactica Knight got a more important role...
Of the two shows I seen of it just for curiosity's sake, Escragoon and Oil Tycoon Dedede were the only characters I remotely liked.

Is Bandana Dee really an anti-hero
I mean, he may work for Dedede, but the worst he's ever done is walk in Kirby's general direction in an attempt to actually do something (And we all know how that turned out)
Unless you count breaking Pop Star in half "Evil"
Then yeah, he's definitely a bad guy.
If Bandana Dee was an anti-hero, do you really think he'd be helping Kirby as much as he's doing now? Personally, I think he's a hero. Dedede never was a true villain. Sure he's taken actions that make him seem like one, but in Revenge of the King, he says that the battle with Kirby will end their grudge. After that, do you really see Dedede doing anything evil or rude? He's just going about his life. Sure he may not like Kirby, but he doesn't HATE him. BD on the other hand is loyal to both Dedede and Kirby. #Polydeeism. ^•^
I didn't exactly say that I think Dedede is a villain. I meant that if people call Dedede a villain, then doesn't that make Bandana Dee one too, as he is his minion and he was an antagonist in KSSU.

As for Dee being an anti-hero... well, I don't really know myself should I consider him one or not... he has been helping Kirby a lot, but he works for Dedede, who is an anti-hero. But yeah, now when I think about it, calling him anti-hero seems like a stretch.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
B. Dee is a hero. He just works for a heroic jerk that is Dedede, and Dedede is no villain by any stretch of the imagination. He just goes out and gets stuff done on his own terms and doesn't bother telling anyone, so his lack of communication (probably because he doesn't think he needs to) often has him mistaken for an antagonist. But he was pretty quick to help out Magolor (before he was revealed to be evil) and Ripple Star even if he didn't have to.

Other than one time Dedede got greedy and stole everyone's food.

And with B.Dee helping out Kirby so often I'd say he's just a straight up hero, not an anti one. As for the time him and Kirby fought he was mostly just following orders.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
As for Dee being an anti-hero... well, I don't really know myself should I consider him one or not... he has been helping Kirby a lot, but he works for Dedede, who is an anti-hero. But yeah, now when I think about it, calling him anti-hero seems like a stretch.
Given the many heroic things that Dedede's done, I'd say that calling him an anti-hero is a bit of a stretch itself. :p Barring that one time before he learned his lesson, at worst he can be a bit of a git and bear a bit of a grudge (he holds one against Kirby, in spite of them being friends, for example), but only on a minor scale. He's definitely pure of heart, even with his flaws. ;)

Last edited:
B. Dee is a hero. He just works for a heroic jerk that is Dedede, and Dedede is no villain by any stretch of the imagination. He just goes out and gets stuff done on his own terms and doesn't bother telling anyone, so his lack of communication (probably because he doesn't think he needs to) often has him mistaken for an antagonist. But he was pretty quick to help out Magolor (before he was revealed to be evil) and Ripple Star even if he didn't have to.

Other than one time Dedede got greedy and stole everyone's food.

And with B.Dee helping out Kirby so often I'd say he's just a straight up hero, not an anti one. As for the time him and Kirby fought he was mostly just following orders.
I agree, heck even Meta Knight was eviler than Dedede. But, Dedede can be pretty evil sometimes,look at the picture below.

:4dedede:: Dat dair Peach is gonna be flatter than a pancake!

Last edited:
Top Bottom