• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah, now you can change your votes.
I can also close the poll, I think I will close it after 900 YES votes.
Since it's the final months of the ballot I wanted to share who I think will get in.

PRE-BALLOT:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

POST-BALLOT:
Dixie Kong ( Reila Reila You're welcome)
Waddle Dee
Layton
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) (Second SEGA rep)

Credit to @PushDustIn for helping with the list.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Since it's the final weeks of the ballot I wanted to share who I think will get in.

PRE-BALLOT:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

POST-BALLOT:
Waddle Dee
Layton

Puts Shovel Knight and Professor Layton, along with some random SEGA character.

Doesn't put Bandana Dee.

I like how we can now see is the member online by just looking at the avatar, rather than checking when the member was last seen.

Also, I'm also sharing who I think will get in.

Pre-ballot:
Wolf (could also be post-ballot)

Post-ballot:
King K. Rool
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Doesn't put Bandana Dee.
He has "Waddle Dee" on the list. But I agree otherwise, I don't see Layton and especially that Sega rep likely at all.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Doesn't put Bandana Dee.
I mean, it is one thing to want a character and another completely different thing to EXPECT said character. Example? I want Inklings really badly as DLC, but I am not expecting them until Smash 5. Maybe it is the same for Nintenzilla (edit: maybe not, lol). Plus, unlike Bandana Dee, there are rumors about Shovel Knight and Professor Layton. Granted, they are only rumors with little credibility, but they are better than nothing.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
1) DEAR GOD CAN SOMEONE FIX THE ICON ORDER FOR THE SMASH GAMES SINCE THE NEW UPDATE
2) Preballot
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::wolf:
Post Ballot
K. Rool
Bandana Dee
Isaac

MAYBE add one-or-two from Inklings, Dixie, and Paper Mario

Edit: By this, I mean that Wolf has been chosen before the ballot but, like in Brawl, was pushed towards the latter end of work.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys!

I just posted this over in the K. Rool thread, but since it's technically also Kirby-related art as well, I'm going to post it here, too. I've been practising more in Pokemon Art Academy, and drew this during Smashboards' downtime, earlier.

I put a Kremling in an outfit like Dedede's. He's called Kopycat. :grin:

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey guys!

I just posted this over in the K. Rool thread, but since it's technically also Kirby-related art as well, I'm going to post it here, too. I've been practising more in Pokemon Art Academy, and drew this during Smashboards' downtime, earlier.

I put a Kremling in an outfit like Dedede's. He's called Kop K. Rool. :grin:
Is he friends with Don K. Rool?

I'm pretty sure this is a related comment.

1) DEAR GOD CAN SOMEONE FIX THE ICON ORDER FOR THE SMASH GAMES SINCE THE NEW UPDATE
Could I take this moment to mention that there are two Young Link emoticons in the Melee section?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean, it is one thing to want a character and another completely different thing to EXPECT said character. Example? I want Inklings really badly as DLC, but I am not expecting them until Smash 5. Maybe it is the same for Nintenzilla (edit: maybe not, lol). Plus, unlike Bandana Dee, there are rumors about Shovel Knight and Professor Layton. Granted, they are only rumors with little credibility, but they are better than nothing.
I beat you to the puch on this. But that's okay.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So I've seen some love and hate for the new update. (unintentional rhyme) But personally, until I'm used to it, I don't like it very much, like the Miiverse update. (don't hate me but I like the Miiverse update)
Agreed. Why do I have to press two buttons to check my alerts?
Since we're talking about ballot predictions, I'm going to say we'll get Wolf, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, maybe K. Rool, and then probably one or two Sakurai Characters. So probably ? Block or Tetrimino or some **** like that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Agreed. Why do I have to press two buttons to check my alerts?
This seems to be the same as it ever was, for me. Mouse over for the drop-down list, click once for the Latest Alerts page.

and then probably one or two Sakurai Characters. So probably ? Block or Tetrimino or some **** like that.
Hey now, this is Smash. It's not going to be affected by Mario Roster Syndrome (now affecting Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, and Super Mario Maker! :p) until after Sakurai retires from the series. ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Don't make posts like that, please, add more content and... logic to your posts.
A lot of your posts here, in the K.Rool thread and the NintenZone thread are like two words or incorrect information.
Don't make posts like that, please, add more content and... logic to your posts.
A lot of your posts here, in the K.Rool thread and the NintenZone thread are... yeah.
Right, sorry. I don't need to explain this whole thing agian, but it won't happen again. I'm continuing to add meat to my posts.

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
This is a pretty cool update, just in time for the ending of the ballot. I might as well revote for Bandana Dee & others.

Pre-ballot: :wolf:

Post-ballot: K. Rool, Bandana Dee & uh, Snake, maybe?

Furret24

Smash Master
Officially welcome to the Brodana Brigade.

So, we have.... 11 days to the direct, and 3 after that for the official end of the ballot, right?
Nintendo Direct? Why haven't I been notified of this?
Right, sorry. I don't need to explain this whole thing agian, but it won't happen again. I'm continuing to add meat to my posts.
Do what I do. If your post has too little meat to make it's own post, wait and add it on a meatier post. It takes up less space and eliminates any need for double-posting. In fact, i'm doing it right now!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This is a pretty cool update, just in time for the ending of the ballot. I might as well revote for Bandana Dee & others.

Pre-ballot: :wolf:

Post-ballot: K. Rool, Bandana Dee & uh, Snake, maybe?
Snake's, got, problems... Konami is currently under a particular situation, so you may want to change that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo Direct? Why haven't I been notified of this?
Yeah, when did this come about?

Has there been some news that we've missed, or is it assumed that there'll be a broadcast of some sort (which I agree is likely, don't get me wrong) because of the incoming new content?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Could I take this moment to mention that there are two Young Link emoticons in the Melee section?
That may or may not be a subliminal message crafted by me to get more people to support Young Link.

I'd talk about who I think will be DLC, but besides Wolf, I'm pretty unsure.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I know that it was confirmed that Nintendo Directs will continue without Iwata, but I don't recall where I heard one coming on the 30th....

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I think Bombeman would b a better choice

Officially welcome to the Brodana Brigade.

So, we have.... 11 days to the direct, and 3 after that for the official end of the ballot, right?
when was this announced?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I don't think we're getting a direct for a while now.

Furret24

Smash Master
I know that it was confirmed that Nintendo Directs will continue without Iwata, but I don't recall where I heard one coming on the 30th....
The Rayman thread? They talked about how there was some article that stated something about a direct in September.

Edit: 493.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Since it's the final months of the ballot I wanted to share who I think will get in.

PRE-BALLOT:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

POST-BALLOT:
Waddle Dee
Layton

So why do you think a character who isn't even in Japan, who isn't highly voted, and is from a small independent company, will get into a game that is most popular in Japan? As for Layton, this was deconfirmed, and he wasn't even highly voted.

Me and Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma think that Wolf, Isaac, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee will be added, because we have four DLC so far, and adding four more would make sense. They are the most popular, and if they are added, there will be a balance in the DLC characters. (4 veterans, 4 newcomers)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So why do you think a character who isn't even in Japan, who isn't highly voted, and is from a small independent company, will get into a game that is most popular in Japan? As for Layton, this was deconfirmed, and he wasn't even highly voted.

Me and Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma think that Wolf, Isaac, King K. Rool, and Bandana Dee will be added, because we have four DLC so far, and adding four more would make sense. They are the most popular, and if they are added, there will be a balance in the DLC characters. (4 veterans, 4 newcomers)
Because he was popular in the ballot's first months. Also, there's more to the whole Layton rumor. Also, it's not a popularity contest either.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I agree. For example, I expected Isaac way before I got into Golden Sun, and I'm still not a supporter of King K. Rool. (though I'm not a detractor either) As for Wolf, I still haven't even played a Star Fox game, (sadly) and I only like Wolf from his Brawl moveset.

Because he was popular in the ballot's first months. Also, there's more to the whole Layton rumor. Also, it's not a popularity contest either.
I know it's not popularity. The Layton Rumor has no ground to stand on, and no clues to the puzzle. (couldn't resist bad jokes FTW) Also, Shovel Knight was a popular early vote in America and Europe. He still hasn't appeared in Japan. To them, he doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

There's a rumor about Shovel Knight being DLC, which wasn't "deconfirmed" yet. I will just say that if Nintendo wants the character in Smash, he will be in Smash, regardless of being an indie character with only one game so far. Period.

Layton wasn't "deconfirmed" yet, stop spreading misinformation. Also, Nintendo or Sakurai never said the most voted character(s) will be DLC. The ballot is more of a suggestion box than some sort of conquest, I'd say.

Lastly, relax. It is just a video game.
I agree. For example, I expected Isaac way before I got into Golden Sun, and I'm still not a supporter of King K. Rool. (though I'm not a detractor either) As for Wolf, I still haven't even played a Star Fox game, (sadly) and I only like Wolf from his Brawl moveset.
See, but that is exactly what I am saying one shouldn't do (for they sake): To expect a character. That leads to disappointments most of the time.

(As for Wolf, I liked him for his voice :p)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
There's a rumor about Shovel Knight being DLC, which wasn't "deconfirmed" yet. I will just say that if Nintendo wants the character in Smash, he will be in Smash, regardless of being an indie character with only one game so far. Period.

Layton wasn't "deconfirmed" yet, stop spreading misinformation. Also, Nintendo or Sakurai never said the most voted character(s) will be DLC. The ballot is more of a suggestion box than some sort of conquest, I'd say.

The LEAK of Layton was disproven though. The leak, for those who don't know, is that the VA for Layton basically got confused about certain kinds of grunts and lines he was doing in a batch of work to be for Smash DLC.

But the Shovel Knight rumor IS technically broken. The RUMOR said that his big Amiibo that was about to be announced was part of the Smash series, which clearly is not the case.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also, Nintendo or Sakurai never said the most voted character(s) will be DLC. The ballot is more of a suggestion box than some sort of conquest, I'd say.
In fairness, there is such a thing as precedent from the previous two polls that were the forerunners of this ballot. Ganondorf, Wario, Dedede, and Sonic can all attest to that.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

See, but that is exactly what I am saying one shouldn't do (for they sake): To expect a character. That leads to disappointments most of the time.

Nintendo has cut many a character from Smash, despite the fact that they apparently "wanted them" in, but couldn't for whatever reason. For example, the Ice Climbers. As for the "most voted" thing, yeah, I know. That doesn't change who I think will be added.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I honestly think that Dixie Kong will be included because she was already planned for Brawl, so clearly they already have a vision for the character. (Also K. Rool's costume)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Rayman thread? They talked about how there was some article that stated something about a direct in September.

Edit: 493.
I don't remember a direct mentioned in the Ray thread. Nothing as far as I am concerned was confirmed for a new direct, other than people assuming one to come with the new Smash Mario Maker stage update on the 30th.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I honestly think that Dixie Kong will be included because she was already planned for Brawl, so clearly they already have a vision for the character.
If I'm not mistaken, all evidence suggests that that vision was only as part of a tag-team with Diddy that was scrapped, though.

(Also K. Rool's costume)
And Mewtwo's and Lucas' trophies, and Miis can't possibly be in because they're effectively the same thing as Villager, and so on and so forth. ;)

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I honestly think that Dixie Kong will be included because she was already planned for Brawl, so clearly they already have a vision for the character. (Also K. Rool's costume)
A costume doesn't deconfirm a character, you know. It's an optional costume for an optional character to wear. By your Logic, Samus has to be cut because of her Mii costume.

Top Bottom