• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In fairness, there is such a thing as precedent from the previous two polls that were the forerunners of this ballot. Ganondorf, Wario, Dedede, and Sonic can all attest to that.
Unless Nintendo says the ballot is anything like the previous two polls, I will not assume the DLC characters will be the most voted ones. If they are, fine by me, that means at least the DLC will sell well, in theory. And since we don't know who the most voted characters are, we would be in for a surprise.
The LEAK of Layton was disproven though. The leak, for those who don't know, is that the VA for Layton basically got confused about certain kinds of grunts and lines he was doing in a batch of work to be for Smash DLC.

But the Shovel Knight rumor IS technically broken. The RUMOR said that his big Amiibo that was about to be announced was part of the Smash series, which clearly is not the case.
Except we still don't know what are those lines Mr. Christopher Miller recorded. He was confused and thought they were for Smash, then later he said he doesn't know for what project the lines were recorded. That is it. They could still be for Smash, though I am not really expecting them to be.

As for Shovel Knight, I don't remember that being said at all. I remember the leaker saying that Shovel Knight would be announced between October and November. If November ends and he isn't announced, then the "leak" is fake. If you want to assume the leak is fake, then that is none of my business. I am playing the waiting game.
I honestly think that Dixie Kong will be included because she was already planned for Brawl, so clearly they already have a vision for the character. (Also K. Rool's costume)
I want her to be DLC, but I am not getting my hopes up. Dixie and Inklings are my most wanted characters :)

Last edited:
The poll has now 899 yes votes. Chandelure said he will close it after it has 900 yeses. If only StormC changed his vote to yes, then we would have 900.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
As soon as I saw I could, I changed my vote.
Congratulations! :grin:

So, what's new apart from the site update?
Well, we're another day closer to the end of the ballot, to the Super Mario Maker stage DLC for Smash 3DS/Wii U, and to the launches of several new Amiibos and of Skylanders SuperChargers, if that counts for anything. :laugh: Otherwise, there isn't very much going on right now.

Unless Nintendo says the ballot is anything like the previous two polls, I will not assume the DLC characters will be the most voted ones.
They don't need to, and from their perspective would have no reason to, though. They've always done this throughout Smash's history, and aside from this one being available in several languages, there's no reason to assume that this one will be different. Like I said, precedent, as set over the course of around fifteen years. ;)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I put in the 900th Yes vote for you guys! I am not sure if my vote was removed, if at all (or if even placed a vote for Bandana Dee, which I believe I did, but it's been a while. :p).

Well, I put in the 900th Yes vote for you guys! I am not sure if my vote was removed, if at all (or if even placed a vote for Bandana Dee, which I believe I did, but it's been a while. :p).
Well, the poll says that we have 900 votes now. :) That means just one thing...

R.I.P. Bandana Dee support thread's poll 2012-2015. :(

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A costume doesn't deconfirm a character, you know. It's an optional costume for an optional character to wear. By your Logic, Samus has to be cut because of her Mii costume.
In my opinion Link and Samus costumes are different. There are multiple incarnations of the hero, and and anyone can wear Samus armour and helmet, in fact I named my Samus Mii Fighter ''X Parasite''.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
In my opinion Link and Samus costumes are different. There are multiple incarnations of the hero, and and anyone can wear Samus armour and helmet, in fact I named my Samus Mii Fighter ''X Parasite''.
But no one can wear a K Rool costume without stopping him from fighting> Yes, that's logical.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't have to close it if you don't want.
I don't see a reason to close it. It's not like it's doing anything wrong. And everybody loves to see the numbers rise. Or is that just a personal thing...?
"In order to keep in line with the Mii Fighter tradition, Link and Samus have been removed from the roster as of patch 1.11. Please understand."

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
May I remind everybody this is the Bandana Dee thread.

Bring your K.Rool...blah blah whatever character to their support threads and get beaten up over there.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If I'm not mistaken, all evidence suggests that that vision was only as part of a tag-team with Diddy that was scrapped, though.

And Mewtwo's and Lucas' trophies, and Miis can't possibly be in because they're effectively the same thing as Villager, and so on and so forth. ;)
Very true, I used to think that if she were included, that'd be how she'd debut. But she was said to play different from Diddy. Is that true?

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I think I will close it after the end of the ballot.
Why are you closing it anyway?
Just like Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma said you can close it it if you want
It's just that, I don't really understand why you feel that the poll should be closed
Since it's the only way that we have to know who supports the Dee :drwtf:
And closing it would make impossible for new members to join
Unless someone would like to make a supporter list :drshrug:

But no one can wear a K Rool costume without stopping him from fighting> Yes, that's logical.
Sometimes I just dress my own Mii with the K. Rool costume :dr-_-:
Anyway, just like GhostlyLure GhostlyLure said back to Bandana Dee
(cool new avatar BTW :dr^_^:)

Last edited:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I remember when the pic of the day was a Meta Knight mask, & people were kinda worried that MK won't make it in. A day later, he was confirmed. So yeah, a mii costume doesn't deconfirm a character.

Anyways, if BDee were to wield a weapon that isn't a spear or lance, what would it be? Personally, I would stick with spear to complete the weapon triangle ;) but I because I said no spears & lances, I would probably go with a bow.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyways Ghost got a new profile picture hand drawn :grin:
Nice - it's cool seeing your hand-drawn style at last! :grin:

Very true, I used to think that if she were included, that'd be how she'd debut. But she was said to play different from Diddy. Is that true?
I have no idea. What I understand of it is that she might not ever have been in much of a working state at all. Nobody knows how she played, because it was scrapped long before Brawl was released.

But, GhostlyLure GhostlyLure is right - this doesn't belong here, as interesting of a tangent as this has been. :)

I think I will close it after the end of the ballot.
Let it run until the end! :grin:

Anyways, if BDee were to wield a weapon that isn't a spear or lance, what would it be? Personally, I would stick with spear to complete the weapon triangle ;) but I because I said no spears & lances, I would probably go with a bow.
I'm going to be unimaginative and just say a parasol. :laugh:

I remember when the pic of the day was a Meta Knight mask, & people were kinda worried that MK won't make it in. A day later, he was confirmed. So yeah, a mii costume doesn't deconfirm a character.

Gangsta Dee for Sm4sh.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't see why you would need to close the poll. It's not really bothering anyone. Heck, I actually like seeing it up there because it truly shows the love B.D.'s gained over 3 years, and who's to say that B.D. won't get more supporters after the Smash Ballot?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Definitely a Parasol. If that's too boring, then maybe a Shotzo.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't really think starting to support a character after the end of the ballot a.k.a. end of character propaganda, some character's chances and maybe Smash 4 speculation makes much sense, but OK.
I will still have to close it someday.

Furret24

Smash Master
A costume doesn't deconfirm a character, you know. It's an optional costume for an optional character to wear. By your Logic, Samus has to be cut because of her Mii costume.
I know i'm a little late, but there's dfference between two characters getting a mii costume after they were in the game and a newcomer getting one before he's included.

Meta Knight wasn't really in that situation either since he had already been in a Smash game too.

D

Deleted member

Ick! Why must a ugly dot cover part of my precious Nui?
Snake's, got, problems... Konami is currently under a particular situation, so you may want to change that.
I'm sure Konami want's him too, i think they did something but i can't remember.
It's not like closing it will benefit in you in anyway.
Maybe we could wait till 1000?

Anyways Ghost got a new profile picture hand drawn :grin:
is that a spooky ghost dee? because it looks spooky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

bombs and other things waddle dees use in the Kirby series

:kirby::kirby::kirby:

EDIT: My sorrow will be tripled if K. Rool and Wolf don't make it either...

EDIT 2: Although it'll be more deesappointment than sorrow.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure Konami want's him too, i think they did something but i can't remember.
By all accounts, what they're doing is making moves to leave the console games market altogether, if I'm not mistaken. :(

Raise your hand if you will cry if Bandana Dee isn't in Smash.

:kirby:
I will be disappointed, but I'll deal with it sensibly, knowing that his chances for the next game will be very good. So, no raised hand from me, I'm afraid.

:samus:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Many people will be this way. Angry at Sakurai for not listening yet again.

But if (when) he is in, I will make a homemade milkshake for myself. I would make some for you guys, but the internet isn't powerful enough just yet.
maybe we can do something through the internet

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I have no Wii U, but we could 3DS friend and play as BWD against each other.

EDIT: I'll add my FC soon.
I don't have Wii U nor a 3DS soooooo
do you have project m?
The NX is most likely to come out next year Summer 2016 or Christmas 2016 so ill get that console

Last edited:
Top Bottom