• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if they're fanmade or if they were used to promote/appear in Rainbow Curse.
The comics are official promotional joke-comics, but some of the translations of them are fan-made. I'm not sure that Nintendo's Western arms ever translated the whole lot.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
The comics are official promotional joke-comics, but some of the translations of them are fan-made. I'm not sure that Nintendo's Western arms ever translated the whole lot.
I found another one :drifloon:

The translation seems to be official :drshrug:
You can find the rest of the Kirby comics (along with some other non-kirby comics) here:
http://play.nintendo.com/news-tips/comics/
Bandana Dee x Claycia OTP

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I found another one :drifloon:

You can find the rest of the Kirby comics (along with some other non-kirby comics) here:
I have to say, it's pretty amazing that Claycia was able to (albeit unwillingly and/or didn't know) just straight up buy something like
Dark Crafter
in a fashion store.
Zero is a fashionista confirmed.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I have a little bit more Kirby merchandise news, folks! Twice in one day, unbelievable! :laugh:

Play-Asia are now also taking pre-orders on the Kirby coin-purse, the Waddle Dee coin-purse, and the Meta Knight coin-purse, and the Kirby cushion, the Waddle Dee cushion, and the Meta Knight cushion.

Whilst Play-Asia's prices are higher than AmiAmi's, they actually have pre-order slots for the cushions still available, which AmiAmi currently doesn't. It's also worth noting that, no matter where you buy the cushions, due to their enormous size (13" high, by 17" wide, by 7" thick for Kirby and Waddle Dee, and 13" high, by 21" wide, by 7" thick for Meta Knight), they're going to end up being expensive anyway.

These listings also bring with them the final product photographs! :grin: These show us that the coin-purses have had wrist-straps added, which June's Tokyo Toy Show prototypes didn't have - and the one on the Waddle Dee is blue! :laugh: (Meta Knight's, meanwhile, matches the cyan top/collar part of his cape, just to show that these are intended nods.)

Coin-purse pictures;

Cushion pictures;

I really like the fact that they've added Meta Knight's wings to the back of the cushion (I wonder if they've done the same with the coin-purse?), and I also can't help but notice that they've added the symbol he uses in Smash to one of his pauldrons, too - is this the first time that that logo has been brought into Kirby series canon in any way?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You know, this was the best episode of the dub by far. It looked really good in 3D back during its 3DS broadcast, too. It's amazing how much better everything about the thing looked by using proper CGI (granted, made using much later technology) rather than the bizarre cel-shaded hybrid that the show used during its run. Also, the dubbing is a lot more bearable in this one, due to seeming to be a lot less overdone and over-expository - different voice-direction, perhaps?

I'm still thankful that this was the last we saw of the anime, though. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, this was the best episode of the dub by far. It looked really good in 3D back during its 3DS broadcast, too. It's amazing how much better everything about the thing looked by using proper CGI (granted, made using much later technology) rather than the bizarre cel-shaded hybrid that the show used during its run. Also, the dubbing is a lot more bearable in this one, due to seeming to be a lot less overdone and over-expository - different voice-direction, perhaps?

Aww, that's not very nice!:p I actually REALLY liked the anime! It's what made Kirby my favorite video game character of all time, introduced me to his games, alongside Super Smash Bros., and more!:)

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

I kinda wish we get a CGI animated kirby show in the future

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Aww, that's not very nice!:p I actually REALLY liked the anime! It's what made Kirby my favorite video game character of all time, introduced me to his games, alongside Super Smash Bros., and more!:)
Please don't get me wrong, I don't for one minute dispute the importance of any television adaptation of a game in introducing new fans to a franchise. ;)

What I dislike about the Kirby anime is that, as so many game-to-TV adaptations do, it misguidedly threw out everything to do with the games in the name of making the programme accessible to non-fans and non-gamers, when it was completely unnecessary to do so. It created lasting confusion and borderline brand-damage, which has continued almost up to the present day (thankfully, it seems to have been fading since HAL finally returned to taking the series back in its proper direction circa Kirby's Return to Dream Land).

There are still people who think that Dedede is a villain, for example, when not only was he never one in game canon (a selfish git in the first game, absolutely, yes, but otherwise only a bit greedy, but pure-hearted and with a proven willingness to improve as a person), but he'd learned from his misdeeds in the first game* in 1992, by the time of the sequel in 1993.

*I noticed something entertaining about this, which, in spite of all of the other tiny details Dedede has, may actually simply be a coincidence: The release date of the original game was April 27th of 1992, putting it directly after the moulting season of Little Blue Penguins (which Dedede is), which lasts from November until March. If Dedede moults in March, then it would actually provide a reason as to why he stole the entire kingdom's food supply - all penguins eat a lot both before and after moulting and Little Blues are no exception. :laugh:

I also didn't like the stylistic/characterisation choices made in the dub. To the credit of the actors and writers, they made the very best out of it that they could - most of the anime's problems stem from the original Japanese-language version, even though the English dub's Oil Tycoon Dedede is a frequent scapegoat for the issues.

I kinda wish we get a CGI animated kirby show in the future
As I've said about half a dozen times, if they made something in the vein of Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe, I would absolutely love it.

Maybe this time Kirby will be the main character, and Dedede and BDee will have non-antagonistic supporting roles.
And this is one of the reasons why I would like to see a show in that vein. ;)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I have a little bit more Kirby merchandise news, folks! Twice in one day, unbelievable! :laugh:

Play-Asia are now also taking pre-orders on the Kirby coin-purse, the Waddle Dee coin-purse, and the Meta Knight coin-purse, and the Kirby cushion, the Waddle Dee cushion, and the Meta Knight cushion.

Whilst Play-Asia's prices are higher than AmiAmi's, they actually have pre-order slots for the cushions still available, which AmiAmi currently doesn't. It's also worth noting that, no matter where you buy the cushions, due to their enormous size (13" high, by 17" wide, by 7" thick for Kirby and Waddle Dee, and 13" high, by 21" wide, by 7" thick for Meta Knight), they're going to end up being expensive anyway.

These listings also bring with them the final product photographs! :grin: These show us that the coin-purses have had wrist-straps added, which June's Tokyo Toy Show prototypes didn't have - and the one on the Waddle Dee is blue! :laugh: (Meta Knight's, meanwhile, matches the cyan top/collar part of his cape, just to show that these are intended nods.)

Coin-purse pictures;

Cushion pictures;

I really like the fact that they've added Meta Knight's wings to the back of the cushion (I wonder if they've done the same with the coin-purse?), and I also can't help but notice that they've added the symbol he uses in Smash to one of his pauldrons, too - is this the first time that that logo has been brought into Kirby series canon in any way?
O_O I SQUEALED WHEN I SAW MK! Give him to me! every merchandise that is/has him! He's just too cute!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You told me that you liked how people reacted when they found out you were a girl, or rather, Lady.
No, I said it was funny how you reacted to finding out that the other gals here are. :laugh:

EDIT: Not that that explains what it has to do with coin-purses. I still don't get that. :p

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
No, I said it was funny how you reacted to finding out that the other gals here are. :laugh:

EDIT: Not that that explains what it has to do with coin-purses. I still don't get that. :p
Oh, you think so? I suppose I did react kinda humorously, now that I think back on it. Funnily enough, I wasn't shocked at all that Burruni Burruni was.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, we'd better swerve it back on-topic, now... :laugh: (Also, MarioMeteor MarioMeteor - I think I just got it. :laugh: But don't guys need somewhere to keep their loose change, too?! And if so, wouldn't they also look forward to the release of awesome money-carrying devices?)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Guys, we'd better swerve it back on-topic, now... :laugh: (Also, MarioMeteor MarioMeteor - I think I just got it. :laugh: But don't guys need somewhere to keep their loose change, too?! And if so, wouldn't they also look forward to the release of awesome money-carrying devices?)
Uhh, on behalf of guys everywhere, I plead the fifth. But yeah, we should get back on before Fal visits us again and/or Chandy strangles me.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Topic.

Topic...

Topic.....

Should Bandana Dee have his own playable mode in a future Kirby title akin to Meta Knightmare or Dedede Tour? Or should it be best that he's kept a bit more background to keep spotlight... a bit off of him directly, because it's truer to his character?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Topic.

Topic...

Topic.....

Should Bandana Dee have his own playable mode in a future Kirby title akin to Meta Knightmare or Dedede Tour? Or should it be best that he's kept a bit more background to keep spotlight... a bit off of him directly, because it's truer to his character?
I would actually really like to see this. At this point, it almost sort of feels like he should be next in line for it, and if my crazy out-there guess that I've come up with after much time poring over HAL's suspiciously-Dedede-biased official Miiverse postings of recent times is anywhere even remotely close to correct, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it, because I think the next game is Dedede's.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I heard that the thread was going off-topic again. :4dedede:

Topic.

Topic...

Topic.....

A gameplay mode for him would be better. He's on par with the others in importance now, practically speaking.

:231:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Topic.

Topic...

Topic.....

WE NEED BANDANA DEE TOUR NAO!!!
HOW ABOUT NO!

Last edited:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
So you know how in Fire Emblem, there's a weapon triangle in which lances beat swords? What if, Bandana Dee had a good matchup against all swordsmen in the game? Or, what would be funny is if he had bad matchups against most of them.

Oh & one more thing, Hammers are considered axes in FE. So we could have a weapon triangle for the Kirby characters.

Furret24

Smash Master
So you know how in Fire Emblem, there's a weapon triangle in which lances beat swords? What if, Bandana Dee had a good matchup against all swordsmen in the game? Or, what would be funny is if he had bad matchups against most of them.

Oh & one more thing, Hammers are considered axes in FE. So we could have a weapon triangle for the Kirby characters.
Please refer to the Type Effectiveness mechanic in Brawl. I'm sure we all know how well that worked out.
:gawmelee:

Furret24

Smash Master
Why are we shipping Kirby characters?

First the Gijinka, now this?

lol this thread
Kirbyxjigglypuff is otp.

HOW COULD YOU ARGUE WITH THIS CUTENESS?

:troll:
Edit: I thought I was going to be able to make a post and not edit it. Then I noticed I forgot to add a word. :/
:gawmelee:

Last edited:
Top Bottom