• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mario Maker is really cool, the wait for a new Kirby game or Smash DLC will not be boring with it.
Preaching to the choir. Just my luck, I have school on that day, but it's Friday, so I'll get out early. You'd best believe I'm getting my hands on that sumbitch as soon as I possibly can. Wish I could say the same for a Jigglypuff amiibo...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ok, so mostly off-topic, I'm guessing. Well, at least off-topic keeps the thread alive. And we have pretty much ran out of things to talk about after 567 pages.:laugh:
Not really off-topic, more general Kirby-related things instead. Like how Kirby is a psychopathic murderer who mercilessly eliminates anything in his way and brutally beats anybody who he can't kill. You know, innocent things like that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not really off-topic, more general Kirby-related things instead. Like how Kirby is a psychopathic murderer who mercilessly eliminates anything in his way and brutally beats anybody who he can't kill. You know, innocent things like that.
You forgot the "Squee!"-fest about the Kirby cast unlocks in Super Mario Maker. That was fun. :laugh:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Hey guys, it's been a while... I was visiting my family all last week with no internet access and I just started the 10th grade. Also my birthday is merely a week away (the 26th)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You forgot the "Squee!"-fest about the Kirby cast unlocks in Super Mario Maker. That was fun. :laugh:
Super Mario Maker in general is a "Squee!"-fest. I was more squeeing over Lord Jigglypuff being unlockable. Now, if I could just get that Godforsaken amiibo...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Super Mario Maker in general is a "Squee!"-fest. I was more squeeing over Lord Jigglypuff being unlockable. Now, if I could just get that Godforsaken amiibo...
They're plentiful over here due in part to retailer exclusivity not generally being a thing here. If you're not averse to importing, that might be an option.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Those are pretty good. You should make more for other characters *cough cough Ridley, Samurai Goroh, King K. Rool, Isaac*
I actually suggested he do a drawing for Dixie Kong as a yes, and Corey Baxter as a no. Because anime characters don't belong in smash.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
They're plentiful over here due in part to retailer exclusivity not generally being a thing here. If you're not averse to importing, that might be an option.
If things keep going the way they are, that just might be my only option. It's ****ing ridic over here. How could Nintendo, a company with so much experience, screw this up so badly? I hoped they would've learned from the last exclusive amiibo they tried not to pull that again, but obviously, that's not the case. Who at the board meeting decided "An amiibo of the second most popular Pokémon? Let's make it an exclusive in a state where scalpers and weaboos are aplenty! And then, just to troll them, let's not make enough and have them all sell out in 5 minutes! It's the ultimate business plan!"
...If you can't tell, I'm saltier than the lake in Utah over this.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
You're from Europe right. ****ing amiibo availability in Europe.
You say that, but MK hasn't been in stock since June, and I'm fairly certain that the last time it was in stock before that was March. In this country, Amazon tends to sell out fast (I'm guessing) due to that being available all over Europe, whereas GAME is UK only. That's where I got all but Kirby and Lucario (I did get Kirby on a whim with my Kirby plush).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You say that, but MK hasn't been in stock since June, and I'm fairly certain that the last time it was in stock before that was March. In this country, Amazon tends to sell out fast (I'm guessing) due to that being available all over Europe, whereas GAME is UK only. That's where I got all but Kirby and Lucario (I did get Kirby on a whim with my Kirby plush).
I just wish they would control amiibo availability better. I actually own a Meta Knight amiibo. Walked into Best Buy, and the dude was unpacking boxes of Meta Knight amiibo. Picked one up, paid for it and left.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You're from Europe right. ****ing amiibo availability in Europe.
Yeah, it's just as bad here as it is everywhere else, contrary to popular belief. It's just started improving recently. ;)

If things keep going the way they are, that just might be my only option. It's ****ing ridic over here. How could Nintendo, a company with so much experience, screw this up so badly? I hoped they would've learned from the last exclusive amiibo they tried not to pull that again, but obviously, that's not the case. Who at the board meeting decided "An amiibo of the second most popular Pokémon? Let's make it an exclusive in a state where scalpers and weaboos are aplenty! And then, just to troll them, let's not make enough and have them all sell out in 5 minutes! It's the ultimate business plan!"
...If you can't tell, I'm saltier than the lake in Utah over this.
One thing a lot of people don't get is just how unbelievably long the lead-times are on things like this, to be fair. It is something worth bearing in mind - typically for merchandise items, Nintendo has always licensed their properties to other manufacturers, after all, and this is quite a different animal to hardware and software manufacture.

This is why the GameStop-exclusive Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B./Duck Hunt Duo pack has been available to pre-order in much higher numbers than any previous SKU in the line, incidentally - it's only now that the promised improvements implemented months ago are actually able to show.

And that right there is my contribution to "You know you collect too much video game merchandise when...". :laugh:

There's Nintendo UK's online store, too. I've simply imported a fair few of mine, myself. Other than that, recent re-issues, both domestically and globally, have helped me to get hold of the ones I wanted to pick up.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I just wish they would control amiibo availability better. I actually own a Meta Knight amiibo. Walked into Best Buy, and the dude was unpacking boxes of Meta Knight amiibo. Picked one up, paid for it and left.
I own a ZSS amiibo cause I thought 'Oh, these seem like they'll be really rare. I'll get one now for the fun of it.' Turns out, not that rare. I am really only interested in the Pokemon and Kirby amiibos, and the only one I can't try to get right now, is MK (I put my pre-order for Mewtwo in as soon as I saw it was available).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
One thing a lot of people don't get is just how unbelievably long the lead-times are on things like this, to be fair. It is something worth bearing in mind - typically for merchandise items, Nintendo has always licensed their properties to other manufacturers, after all, and this is quite a different animal to hardware and software manufacture.

This is why the GameStop-exclusive Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B./Duck Hunt Duo pack has been available to pre-order in much higher numbers than any previous SKU in the line, incidentally - it's only now that the promised improvements implemented months ago are actually able to show.
I could understand if they produced a lot of amiibo in the first place and fell short, but they knew these amiibo were going to sell like Cokes, yet they produced so little anyway. And then, of course, they make them exclusive. No matter how you slice it, making exclusive amiibo is not a good decision, from a marketing and a consumer standpoint.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
There's Nintendo UK's online store, too. I've simply imported a fair few of mine, myself. Other than that, recent re-issues, both domestically and globally, have helped me to get hold of the ones I wanted to pick up.
The only thing I have imported is that Waddle Dee plush, and the problem with that is, I don't know the washing instructions because I can't read Japanese. I'm gonna guess it washes the same as the Kirby plush I have.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually, why do people feel the need to request anime characters when they know it's never going to happen. It's so inconsiderate to the development team.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
and the only one I can't try to get right now, is MK
I got my Meta Knight Amiibo for about £12, from the Japanese re-issue when it was stocked by Play-Asia (this was the same as I did with Wii Fit Trainer, but unfortunately, they've since run out of Meta Knight). Since I was already ordering some other things at the time, he made very little difference to the shipping cost.

I could understand if they produced a lot of amiibo in the first place and fell short, but they knew these amiibo were going to sell like Cokes, yet they produced so little anyway.
I believe that they genuinely didn't anticipate the demand. After all, the usual spiel is how "doomed" they are and how "nobody" buys their products. :laugh:

And then, of course, they make them exclusive. No matter how you slice it, making exclusive amiibo is not a good decision, from a marketing and a consumer standpoint.
Oh, absolutely, absolutely. The exclusivity thing is incredibly scummy. The only time I recall it coming up over here in the same product category was when Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure had first launched, and a few figures were exclusive to certain retailers - it was a novel and unusual thing for us, at the time. :laugh: (I don't recall it happening with Skylanders, Disney Infinity, or Amiibo ever since, though.)

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I got my Meta Knight Amiibo for about £12, from the Japanese re-issue when it was stocked by Play-Asia (this was the same as I did with Wii Fit Trainer, but unfortunately, they've since run out of Meta Knight). Since I was already ordering some other things at the time, he made very little difference to the shipping cost.

I have previously thought "Do I want a MK plush?" and I have flip flopped between yes and no. Also, out of the things people would associate with Kirby character wise, MK is the only one I have no merch for (Kirby amiibo, plush, and t-shirt, Dedede amiibo, and Waddle Dee plush).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I believe that they genuinely didn't anticipate the demand. After all, the usual spiel is how "doomed" they are and how "nobody" buys their products. :laugh:
Wave 1 alone sold over 700,000 units. As of now, amiibo outsales SSB for Wii U. They should've learned from what happened with Rosalina that making popular characters with only 3 amiibo of them in existence worldwide wouldn't go well. Instead, in usual Nintendo manner, they don't learn from their mistakes and do the exact same thing.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
So..

Tingle, Ashley, Donkey Kong Jr, and a Mahjongg piece all have playable skins in SMM.

I am really hoping for Bandana Dee to pull through, it would be awesome if he got in. What kind of sound effects do you think he would have? (There's a sound for when you get the power-up, jumping, lose sound, and goal music)

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or is BDee one of the few non 3rd party semi-highly requested characters to have no appearance in any smash game ever? K.Rool is a costume, Wolf is a Brawl playable, Isaac is a Brawl assist trophy. Even some 3rd party characters have appeared like Snake, and Rayman. It's also kind of weird that almost every other major Return to Dream Land character appears as a trophy (even Galacta Knight, and he only appears in the game if you play the True Arena).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I have previously thought "Do I want a MK plush?" and I have flip flopped between yes and no. Also, out of the things people would associate with Kirby character wise, MK is the only one I have no merch for (Kirby amiibo, plush, and t-shirt, Dedede amiibo, and Waddle Dee plush).
I flip-flopped over it for a while, but ultimately caved and got him and the rest of the set (Waddle Doo, Chef Kawasaki, and Orange Waddle Dee) after being impressed with Dedede and Kirby in the same line.

Really hoping for another wave late this year or early next - San-Ei's other All Star Collection sets have gotten more, after all.

Wave 1 alone sold over 700,000 units. As of now, amiibo outsales SSB for Wii U. They should've learned from what happened with Rosalina that making popular characters with only 3 amiibo of them in existence worldwide wouldn't go well. Instead, in usual Nintendo manner, they don't learn from their mistakes and do the exact same thing.
They did learn, though. Like I said, lead-times on toy production (more so plastic than plush, these days) are surprisingly long - it's why the trade-shows for the Christmas market, where final prototypes are often what's shown so that retailers can place orders for the then-in-production final products, typically take place between March and May. It seriously did take this long for the changes implemented back then to show up.

If you've seen Jakks Pacific's World of Nintendo line, they announced their just-released products in that line in May of 2014, with some that aren't planned for release until next year. That's a relatively big manufacturer who does nothing but toy production - these things seriously take ages, and a huge amount of market foresight and "gambling".

and Rayman
In all fairness, wasn't this one because Ubisoft were incredibly presumptuous, and thought that throwing a bunch of 3D models at the team would get their characters playable in the game? (After the breach of exclusivity, I can see why that didn't happen, though.)

It's also kind of weird that almost every other major Return to Dream Land character appears as a trophy (even Galacta Knight, and he only appears in the game if you play the True Arena).
Even the Lor Starcutter has one! :laugh:

Last edited:
Guys, I have some bad news...

There are THIRTEEN characters that are above Bandana Dee. We NEED to leave Smashboards, and promote him on Reddit and GameFAQs. Get out of your comfort zone. Reminder,the ballot ends in October. ( This list might be outdated, but still.)

Last edited:

There are THIRTEEN characters that are above Bandana Dee. We NEED to leave Smashboards, and promote him on Reddit and GameFAQs. Get out of your comfort zone. Reminder,the ballot ends in October. ( This list might be outdated, but still.)
Of those characters, Ridley, Banjo and ICs are not a problem, they won't happen. I'm doubtful about Shovel Knight and Bayonetta as well. However, it still doesn't look good...

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Of those characters, Ridley, Banjo and ICs are not a problem, they won't happen. I'm doubtful about Shovel Knight and Bayonetta as well. However, it still doesn't look good...
Didn't the guy in charge of the Bayonetta series (or something like that) say he didn't want Bayonetta in Smash? I'm sure I remember seeing something like that. If we ignore third parties and veterans (although vets not named ICs may have a slightly higher priority), BDee is like 8th or something.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

I don't even see Shantae on this list. I'd think there would be more people voting for her than Dark Samus or Skull Kid at the very least.

Also, if you ignore Ridley, Snake, Shovel Knight, ICs, Banjo, Bayonetta as all being "Impossible" choices, you are left with the following:

-King K. Rool
-Isaac
-Wolf
-Inkling
-Dixie Kong
-Rayman
-Paper Mario
-Bandana Dee

8th place.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Didn't the guy in charge of the Bayonetta series (or something like that) say he didn't want Bayonetta in Smash? I'm sure I remember seeing something like that. If we ignore third parties and veterans (although vets not named ICs may have a slightly higher priority), BDee is like 8th or something.
I have no idea why people bring this up as an argument for a character. Its literally the stupidest argument. Wouldn't any developer love to have their character in Smash. It doesn't increase anyone's chances. (you know, unless you are buddies with Sakurai and he owes you a favor *cough cough Kojima and Snake*

I don't even see Shantae on this list. I'd think there would be more people voting for her than Dark Samus or Skull Kid at the very least.

Also, if you ignore Ridley, Snake, Shovel Knight, ICs, Banjo, Bayonetta as all being "Impossible" choices, you are left with the following:

-King K. Rool
-Isaac
-Wolf
-Inkling
-Dixie Kong
-Rayman
-Paper Mario
-Bandana Dee

8th place.
Plus, Roy was on the list, so this list is outdated. I wonder how high is Bandana Dee now?

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I have no idea why people bring this up as an argument for a character. Its literally the stupidest argument. Wouldn't any developer love to have their character in Smash. It doesn't increase anyone's chances. (you know, unless you are buddies with Sakurai and he owes you a favor *cough cough Kojima and Snake*
I'm not giving that as an argument against, but I swear I read an article mentioning that. It could have been fake.. I did find an article, but it's over 2 years old, so it may not be valid anymore. http://www.gengame.net/2013/06/bayonetta-2-designer-has-some-harsh-words-for-smash-bros-fans/

Unrelated: Rainbow Curse friends

Top Bottom