• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Furret24

Smash Master
I can almost guarantee that Wolf and King K. Rool will get in. Bandana Dee and Issac are probably 3rd and 4th for most likely. After that, the other popular characters kinda mesh up, so if we're to get more than 8 DLC characters in total, I can't really say who the 9th and beyond would be with much certainity. Rayman, Shante, and Snake (if Konami is ok with it) would be up there though.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I can almost guarantee that Wolf and King K. Rool will get in. Bandana Dee and Issac are probably 3rd and 4th for most likely. After that, the other popular characters kinda mesh up, so if we're to get more than 8 DLC characters in total, I can't really say who the 9th and beyond would be with much certainity. Rayman, Shante, and Snake (if Konami is ok with it) would be up there though.
Yeah, I'd agree with this (if Sakurai decides to do 6 Characters instead of 8). It could be composed of Wolf, King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Issac, Shantae, and Rayman (if Nintendo and Ubisoft are willing to work together), or an alternate could be Krystal to replace Rayman if Nintendo and Ubisoft have conflicts. Do you guys think this is a good roster list if we got 6 characters?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
To the smartasses whom this may concern, Sakurai himself said that he won't be making another Smash game, and who do you honestly think is going to take his place without ruining the franchise?
Okay, let's just have Nintendo stop making money.
Yes, let's have the company that owns the most popular and recognizable video game franchises in the world stop making money. Please, I'm pretty sure Super Mario Bros. alone sold more copies than all 5 Smash games combined. Losing Super Smash Bros. wouldn't put a dent in Nintendo's fortune.
Oh, I wasn't aware we had a prophet on Smashboards.
You didn't know? I was sent by the Great Lord Jigglypuff to make sure all is well in the mortal realm.

Furret24

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd agree with this (if Sakurai decides to do 6 Characters instead of 8). It could be composed of Wolf, King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Issac, Shantae, and Rayman (if Nintendo and Ubisoft are willing to work together), or an alternate could be Krystal to replace Rayman if Nintendo and Ubisoft have conflicts. Do you guys think this is a good roster list if we got 6 characters?
I like how five of those are newcomers (which is what most of these DLC characters should be) though i'd prefer to see Pichu over Shante (that's just my personal bias though). Overall, this would be a likely list that would please many people. Many being the keyword here.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yes, but I'd rather not see third parties (unless that includes Bomberman and or Bub from Bubble Bobble but that's just me).
To the smartasses whom this may concern, Sakurai himself said that he won't be making another Smash game, and who do you honestly think is going to take his place without ruining the franchise?

Yes, let's have the company that owns the most popular and recognizable video game franchises in the world stop making money. Please, I'm pretty sure Super Mario Bros. alone sold more copies than all 5 Smash games combined. Losing Super Smash Bros. wouldn't put a dent in Nintendo's fortune.
His second in command could take over...

I wasn't saying about Nintendo stopping making money in general, I should have phrased it better. Stop making easy money from the Smash Bros. franchise. You know how the fans would act, we would be worse than the Metroid, F-Zero, and Mother fans combined (I'm all three I know). Nintendo won't stop making Smash Bros. games, its a stupid business decision. Even if Sakurai doesn't want to work on it they'll find someone just as capable (if they do I hope that person tries to make Ridley). Plus Sakurai said that about Melee, you know what happened, Brawl. Nintendo announced Brawl even before Sakurai was even the director.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Shantae is awesome man, but I doubt she's even in the top 10 most likely. If she wasnt 3rd party, it would be a lot different...

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Earlier I meant I think he has very low chances of DLC honestly. His main game was Return to Dreamland. Sure, he had a few other cameos, but nothing big. But seeing as how Bandana Dee is not a one time Hero, I think he stands a legitimate chance now. Still low chance in my opinion, but maybe we will get lucky.
Considering he's consistently at the top 10 in polls, pretty popular, and you know a Kirby character, I believe Bandana Dee is very possible. Of course not as possible as Wolf or King K. Rool, now that's just silly if you think that.
From what I've been hearing, BDee's popularity is kinda consistent in both America andJapan, and the only one with the bigger buzz is K.Rool.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Shantae is awesome man, but I doubt she's even in the top 10 most likely. If she wasnt 3rd party, it would be a lot different...
I will say that she is a desired character, and will eventually surpass Shovel Knight in terms of popularity (she deserves it far more then he does anyway). You may be surprised later on. :p. Sure, her third party status (and arguably her indie status) decreases her chances. But her popularity has had a surge in the past few months, and some even wanted her before the ballot began. I honestly do believe she will become the most popular third party representative at some point, with the only competition being from really just Rayman and Banjo & Kazooie (Shovel Knight will be long out of the picture).

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Brawl's conception actually started without Mr. Sakurai, so it's possible, not a certainty, but definitely possible.

"It was the day before E3, May 2005. I sat in the assembly hall for Nintendo’s presentation for distributors. There, Nintendo announced that they were working on a new ‘Smash’ for their new gaming system codenamed, Revolution. People started clapping. “What?” I thought. At the party, people came up to me saying “So, you’re making Smash!?” However, I hadn’t been informed about anything, and it was at that time that I first heard that there was even a Smash project in the works.

Even though I originally created “Smash” as a game designer, I don’t hold any rights to the game. So, if Nintendo says, “make it”, they can make one, no problem. I don’t really have a problem with that…."- Sakurai himself http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/05/02/im-making-smash-sakurais-famitsu-article-on-brawl/ Source.

Also, practically any final roster with just Bandana Dee or just any of my most wanted added would make me happy, only exceptions being if they added more fire Emblem or Kid Icarus along with them too, then I'd probably end up feeling like we deserve more as a fanbase :p.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai said Brawl would be his last Smash too.

Though I do think he's seriously done after this game. He's not getting any younger.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And Nintendo have recently publically committed to doing more in the field of e-sports, in which they consider Smash their premier series.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Sakurai said Brawl would be his last Smash too.

Though I do think he's seriously done after this game. He's not getting any younger.
Correction: he said he was MAKING Brawl like it was his last Smash game. Common mistake.
Yes, but I'd rather not see third parties (unless that includes Bomberman and or Bub from Bubble Bobble but that's just me).

His second in command could take over...

I wasn't saying about Nintendo stopping making money in general, I should have phrased it better. Stop making easy money from the Smash Bros. franchise. You know how the fans would act, we would be worse than the Metroid, F-Zero, and Mother fans combined (I'm all three I know). Nintendo won't stop making Smash Bros. games, its a stupid business decision. Even if Sakurai doesn't want to work on it they'll find someone just as capable (if they do I hope that person tries to make Ridley). Plus Sakurai said that about Melee, you know what happened, Brawl. Nintendo announced Brawl even before Sakurai was even the director.
His second-in-command is Miyamoto, and the last time Miyamoto took over for a series he didn't previously work on, we got Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Need I say anymore?

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to pretend the Dee will be rainbow colored and call it good.
Last night I had a dream that K. Rool was announced in smash and that I was holding a cup of coffee(I don't even drink it that much)with a face of disgust.
why? he's a unique character with lots of moveset potential. if he's confirmed that doesn't mean bandana dee is deeconfirmed.
There won't be a Smash 5.
And obviously, Nintendo will not stop making Smash, that's like saying they will not make more Mario Kart games.
smash 4 already has almost all of nintendos iconic characters, all smash 5 and will have is like 6 potential newcomers and will probably have too have all the vets return to make it seem somewhat unique. it might meet the same fate as f zero they will stop because they feel they can't add anything new.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
why? he's a unique character with lots of moveset potential. if he's confirmed that doesn't mean bandana dee is deeconfirmed.

smash 4 already has almost all of nintendos iconic characters, all smash 5 and will have is like 6 potential newcomers and will probably have too have all the vets return to make it seem somewhat unique. it might meet the same fate as f zero they will stop because they feel they can't add anything new.
Let's make a list of who they could add yay! (This does not include Wolf and King K. Rool because they are the most likely as ballot characters)

Inkling
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Vaati
Midna and Wolf Link
Ganon
Meowth
other Pokemon with less importance than Meowth but still somewhat important examples, include Grovyle and Gardevoir
Ridley
Dark Samus
Sylux
Bandana Dee
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Medusa
Hades
Isaac
Ray MK
Andy
Excitebiker
Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Star Man (Pro Wrestling on NES)
Takamaru
Lip
Donbe and Hikari
Goku (Yuyuki)
Ayumi Tachibana
Chorus Kids
Captain Rainbow
Starfy
Chrom
Lyn
Other Fire Emblem characters who are not as important as the ones listed above but still pretty important.
Wonder Red
Someone from Pilotwings
Someone from Wave Race
Someone from 1080
Mallo
Chibi-Robo
Zael
The dude from Pandora's Tower (forgot his name)
Pious from Eternal Darkness
Henry Fleming
Vince from Art Academy

There's a lot of choices, some more deserving then others *cough cough Ridley* Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo and all of these franchises are important to Nintendo in someway. Plus new IPs that could exist.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Actually, Miyamoto worked closely with Sakurai on all 4 games.
He wasn't one of the producers for the latest 2 games. If Sakurai leaves they won't automatically give the position to MIyamoto. (I kinda doubt Sakurai would leave though since Smash is his baby, but then again there's Kirby who was like his genius child that he gave up for adoption. Kirby was not handed to Miyamoto though).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
He wasn't one of the producers for the latest 2 games. If Sakurai leaves they won't automatically give the position to MIyamoto. (I kinda doubt Sakurai would leave though since Smash is his baby, but then again there's Kirby who was like his genius child that he gave up for adoption. Kirby was not handed to Miyamoto though).
Considering how he's been working himself half to death, WITH calfonic tendinitis or whatever the **** it is, I think he meant it when he said this would be his last one.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Considering how he's been working himself half to death, WITH calfonic tendinitis or whatever the **** it is, I think he meant it when he said this would be his last one.
wut is calcific tendinitis? LETS GO TO GOOGLE! M'kay, basically a shoulder injury. I don't think Sakurai should be the director (seriously if he directs the next Smash, he will die), he should be a producer that overlooks the project kinda like what Miyamoto does now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: Smashified hinted at their being 9 different materials the 9th character will use, or give or take a few materials. Now here's the big part; one of them is colored red. Can you guys think of a certain Waddle Dee that Waddles around with a red color? :p

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well guys: Smashified hinted at their being 9 different materials the 9th character will use, or give or take a few materials. Now here's the big part; one of them is colored red. Can you guys think of a certain Waddle Dee that Waddles around with a red color? :p
You know like so many other characters are red.

btw People still think Bandana Dee is just a random glorified Waddle Dee (I responded with King K. Rool being a random kremling that managed to take power which is true). Oh yeah, another person called the Dee the bottom of the barrel (the usual suspect don't go raging on him doe). Of, course I defended the Dee by saying the bottom of the barrel is Star Man (sadly true especially when his most likely number one supporter and thread owner is saying it).

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Correction: he said he was MAKING Brawl like it was his last Smash game. Common mistake.

His second-in-command is Miyamoto, and the last time Miyamoto took over for a series he didn't previously work on, we got Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Need I say anymore?
So what, Miyamoto made one "bad" game. Miyamoto has has a hand in practically every single Nintendo classic out there!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

You didn't know? I was sent by the Great Lord Jigglypuff to make sure all is well in the mortal realm.
sakurai said melee and brawl were the last games

D

Deleted member

"Bandana Dee and King Dedede" By Kaz-adr
I didn't know that Dedede was so ripped. Since when did he lose all that flab? :troll:

Does anybody know if NA will get Return to Dreamland on Virtual Console; Triple Deluxe is amazing but I need to play as Bandana Dee for a price under $80...

_Sheik

Smash Lord

We're talking about the man who killed Brawl's epic adventure mode pattern by not including a similar thing into Sm4sh. Plus, Super Smash Brothers isn't "Sakurai", it's "Sakurai and his whole team". Most of the crew that's been working on the previous games could return and ensure that the series keeeps treading the "right" path. Sakurai may have been the head of development, but he is in no way a necessity.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You know like so many other characters are red.

btw People still think Bandana Dee is just a random glorified Waddle Dee (I responded with King K. Rool being a random kremling that managed to take power which is true). Oh yeah, another person called the Dee the bottom of the barrel (the usual suspect don't go raging on him doe). Of, course I defended the Dee by saying the bottom of the barrel is Star Man (sadly true especially when his most likely number one supporter and thread owner is saying it).
Yeah, that's true. (Wonder Red is an obvious choice with the hints provided, but there's also the red part on Issac (he's probably number 10 though) Bandana Dee can still be counted due to his red body regardless). To be honest, we'll just have to wait and see. :p

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So what, Miyamoto made one "bad" game. Miyamoto has has a hand in practically every single Nintendo classic out there!
True, but unless you've suffered firsthand through that unholy abomination that is my displeasure to call a Mario game, you don't know just how bad it is.
We're talking about the man who killed Brawl's epic adventure mode pattern by not including a similar thing into Sm4sh. Plus, Super Smash Brothers isn't "Sakurai", it's "Sakurai and his whole team". Most of the crew that's been working on the previous games could return and ensure that the series keeeps treading the "right" path. Sakurai may have been the head of development, but he is in no way a necessity.
The lead developer of the entire series, creator of one of the main franchises inside said series, and head of Sora Ltd., which, by the way, is a very small freelance company, isn't a necessity? Sure.
sakurai said melee and brawl were the last games
No, he didn't. He never said that.

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I said "Last night I had a DREAM." I probably wouldn't have cared if he did get announced. The more characters the merryer. I don't have control over what I dream about over night. (Before any body says it no I don't Lucid Dream.)
All I want is Dee playable. Any other character is like an added bonus. A pretty cool added bonus if you asked me.

Top Bottom